013 - "WHO ARE YOU?"

WAR OF THE ROSES

“Please ing hurry up because she is sweating and damn it I think she fell in the morning.” Kris says to the phone “ Goddamit why did I leave her?” he scratches his nape “Okay and please hurry the up.” He ends the call and gets his attention back to the girl lying on the bed, still pale.

He caresses her cheeks and felt the guilt eat him. She could have been lying the whole day and that worries him so much. After the amount of time the doctor arrived. They made sure that the doctor won’t say anything about the two of them staying in that place. Kai and Sehun were there too.

“Just let her drink these medicines and she would be fine.” The doctor spoke after checking Sooyoung

“How can we be sure that you won’t poison Noona?” Sehun asked earning a punch form Kai

The doctor chuckled “Don’t worry I have a daughter like her. I don’t want anyone to poison my daughter too right?” he asked while fixing his things “Just don’t expose her to stress more.” He said and took his cap and walked away

Kai sighed and sat down the floor. “I had a heart attack when you called hyung.”

“Noona I’m so sorry for letting this happen.” Sehun muttered

Kris was silent. His brothers went home and said that if anything happens again, he have to call them as soon as possible.

--

 

I opened my eyes slowly and the first thing I saw was Kris. He was sitting on a chair beside my bed and he was holding my hand very tight. I saw some medicines beside the table. Oh freak so I passed out. I sat up slowly not making a move that will make Kris awake but I failed.

He got up slowly and immediately smiled. He rubbed his eyes like a little kid and I saw that he’s tired. Maybe the meeting didn’t go well.

“Hey are you hungry?”

As expected of him to ask. I smiled and nodded. We got up and proceeded to the kitchen and he said it was his time to show him his cooking skills. He cooked a simple meal and well I was impressed.

I asked about what happened but he only told me that his grandmother is on her way to solve things and not care about anything else. As usual we watched TV lying beside each other.

I face palmed. When did I get used to this? Kris Wu is beside me for crying out loud.

 

He suddenly picked up my hand and kissed it. WHAT THE—

I-Is my face red? What is he?

“You don’t know how worried I was when I saw you on the floor. I think I said all the cursed words I can. Don’t do that again.” He said but his eyes were on the television

I laughed “That’s shocking. Coming from a composed person like you.”

“I always lose my composure when it’s you we are talking about.” He grinned

Here is the cocky Kris again.

“Shut up.”

His hand is so big. It’s like two times mine.

“Did you remember your question for me when we were in the elevator, the first day we were a couple?”

“Were we even a couple?”

He pinched my nose. “Fine fine we were!” I shouted

Is my nose red now?

 

Wait a minute. We were in the elevator when I looked up to Kris. "Why aren't you in the Special Class Kris?"

 

He coughed, and shot me a confused look "Why do you ask?"

 

"Well obviously you're smart --"

 

"Thanks" he commented with a grin

 

"And you're rich. I just don't get it" The elevator sounded signaling us to get out. We were already in the parking lot. He walked to his car, he looked at me

 

"You'll know the reason soon."

 

“Yeah I remember.” I said “Well can I know the reason now?”

 

He took a deep breath. “Ialreadylikeyoubefore”

 

That was too fast. I can’t “ What?”

 

“The moment you stepped in our classroom. When we were young. The moment I swore to never get second place again in tests. I also swore to win first place in your heart.”

 

 

“What di-did you say?”

 

He looked back at the television but I was staring at him and trying to process what did he just say? Did he confess?

 

“It was epic because the little me know how to have a crush.”

 

“Shut up! You were bullying me all along!”

 

He faced me “Well I have to be noticed by you too you know.”

 

“But you have many girlfriends.” I reasoned

 

“Nope.”

 

“Then who were those girls who glare at me every time I passed by you. They were like ants and you were the thing they want to carry home.” I reasoned again

 

“They flirted with me. I never flirted back.”

 

“But—“

 

“Goodness Choi Sooyoung why won’t you believe me? You ask why I wasn’t on Special Class? I want to be in the same class as you. I want to be noticed not only as an enemy but a friend too but you keep pushing me away that’s why I just have to be the villain to be close to you.”

 

Blink.

 

Blink.

 

I rested my back on the headboard.

 

All along? He likes me?”

 

The moments I thought he was annoying. The moments I thought he was an idiot and stupid. He was just.

 

I looked at him. How can you like me?

 

“How can you like me? There are more to choose from.”

 

“I guess I like the braids you had when you were young. I guess I liked the way you talk to me.” He said

 

“Still why?” I asked

 

He sighed deep and in a matter of second he hovered over me. WAIT WHAT?

 

“You? I like your body.” He smirked

 

“WHAT THE—GET OFFFF!”

 

But he took both of my hands and placed it over my head. What the! I’m really gonna curse right now!

 

“Nope. Never gonna get off.”

 

My eyes widened. Is he--

 

“Ahh.~ my head hurts aigoo.” I acted but MY ACTING SKILLS ARE SO BAD

 

He grinned “Bad acting skills.”

 

“What are you gonna do huh?!”

 

He slowly decreased the spaces between our faces and my breathing stopped. His face went closer and he suddenly attacked my neck. He slowly kissed all parts and even though I was struggling he won’t stop.

 

“Kris.. stop .. please.” 

 

I felt his hand in my waist and slowly inside my shirt. I gasp hard. What is he—

 

“I love you.” I hear him

 

My eyes widened again even though I didn’t realize I closed them. His kisses trail to my cheek but he skipped my lips. His kiss went lower and lower.

 

I felt his tight grasp loosen and immediately I hugged his neck. My breathing was not normal and I hugged him tight. I was trying to catch my breath. I can’t believe what just happened, I almost gave in.

 

“I’m sorry.” He spoke “I’m sorry. Th-That was .”

 

I hugged him tighter “ Sorry. I’m not ready yet. I’m sorry.”

 

“I’m so sorry. It won’t happen again.”

 

He did not say a word but broke the hug and got up.

 

“I better drink some wa-water I’ll b-be back.”

 

I nodded.

 

The moment the door closed I rolled in the bed. I opened my eyes. Freak I almost gave in. I touch the parts which he kissed and my face heated up again. Ahhhhh. Why why.

 

JUST WHY.

 

I cupped my cheeks. Its literally hot. AM I SICK. NO.

 

I looked over the window and it started raining. No no not rain. Where is Kris? But I don’t want to approach him yet. Thunder suddenly sounded and the next thing I know I’m seated on the floor while my hands covering my ears. I hate this. I don’t know why.

 

Then suddenly I was lifted, I opened my eyes and see Kris. He softly laid me on the bed. I immediately got under the sheets and close my eyes. I don’t care if you call me a kid, I just hate thunder and lightning so much.

 

“I’m still sorry.”

 

I opened my eyes “ It’s okay.” I murmured “At least you stopped.”

 

“Hey Sooyoung give me your hand.”

 

“Why?”

 

“The hand with the ring on it.”

 

I pulled my hand and showed it to him. He suddenly smiled. Wait, am I affecting him with my stupidity? Oops sorry.

 

“Don’t lose the ring.” He says

 

Of course.  “Let’s see if I wont lose it.” I replied

 

His forehead wrinkled “Don’t lose it Sooyoung okay?”

 

“Okay Okay.”

 

“After four hours you should take your medicine.”

 

“I don’t like it.” I say

 

HONESTLY. IT TASTES LIKE SOMETHING YOU WONT LIKE TO TASTE ANYMORE.

 

“Do I have to mouth-to-mouth it to you?”

 

I snapped and looked at him. HE HAS THAT FACE AGAIN!

 

I gulped “Oh no. I really like my medicine. I will drink it later yes.”

 

He grinned “Good.”

 

 

 

Morning came and we were woken up by a phone call. Kris picked it up and when the call ended he lied in the bed again. He said that his grandfather want us to go back to school. He said he don’t want to go because of my protection but I insisted. We prepared for school and Minho brought our clothes. I was relieved because Minho is not on Mrs. Jung’s side. He was the first to block those attackers, I don’t know what will happen to me if he wasn’t there.

 

We arrived in school and the first thing Kris did when we got out of the car is to hold my hand, tightly. I prepared myself for this but I’m still nervous what the hell. People are whispering, glaring and staring. But I glared back to some.

 

“The FAKE choi”

 

“Why are they still together?”

 

How am I suppose to face the people in Special Class? Kris’ hand is still on mine though. At least by this. I feel secured.

 

“Are you wearing your ring too?” I asked

 

“Of course.” He raised his hand and grinned “Why are you asking?”

 

“Nothing. I don’t know.”

 

We arrived at the room and I expected stares and glares but it was the usual messy classroom with all the guys playing and talking before class will start. Sehun approached me and tapped my shoulder.

 

“Noona we got your back.” He smiled

 

“Yeah.” The others echoed

 

Class went on and it felt like a normal day. But Kris now is strict to where am I going and such. We ate lunch like the old days but this time they gave me more veggies. I was about to refuse but Sehun, that boy made eat all of these.

 

“I have to go to the comfort room.” I said

 

Kris stood up to but I glared at him “Kris please.  Just eat. I’ll be back.”

 

First he was hesitant but he gave in. I smiled in victory and walked towards the comfort room. I entered a cubicle and sat in the toilet. I don’t know but I feel safe here.

 

“Poor Sooyoung.”

 

“All of this is because Kris wants to marry her.”

 

“I pity her. She was bullied right? Even before the arrange marriage. But now whoah, the wedding was halted.”

 

I hear one of them sigh “Weddings are supposed to be sacred.”

 

“I guess their families were never bound to be together.”

 

 

 

I kept silent until lunch was over. I’m so confused with life right now. I don’t know what to do. I can’t think straight. I’m always lifeless. But why do I think the girls talking made sense?

 

 

“Are you okay?”

 

I blinked and nodded. “ Yeah.”

 

“Let’s go home.”

 

I nodded again and followed him. Why is he quiet?

 

“Can we buy ice cream?” I asked

 

He smiled “Of course.”

 

 

Is this a date? I looked at the person beside me enjoying the ice cream like a kid. I snorted. He seems so eager to eat ice cream more than I do. What the girls said crossed my mind. Are we really destined to be like this? I looked around. I wasn’t surprised that there are guards here.  

 

His phone suddenly rang. I finished my ice cream and looked at him. He suddenly froze just by looking at him.

 

“Wait. Kris why?”

 

“Let’s go.” He grabbed my hand and we walked fast “Minho prepare the car.”

 

As we stepped out of the mall the car stopped in front of us and Minho drove faster than he should be. My heart beat starts to race too, but hell I don’t know what’s happening and I know Kris won’t tell me yet. The car stopped and I peeped outside. We are in front of a hospital?

 

“Kris what happened.”

 

“Your father.”

 

I stopped walking and looked at him “What happened?”

 

He dragged me again and stopped at a door. He opened it and the first person I saw was mom. She noticed me and she smiled, I looked at the person in the bed who was eating an apple.

“Dad what happened?”

 

I notice dad look at Kris then looked at me.

 

“Well I was buying groceries but when I stepped outside, this biker seem to lost control then we collided.”

 

“He broke his arm.” Mom finished

 

Oh. I let out a huge sigh. I thought something sever happened. Gosh Kris. I walked and sat beside Dad.

 

“Hey Sooyoung. I’ll go home first okay?” Kris suddenly spoke

 

I was about to stand up but his hand ceased me.

 

“Your dad needs you. Minho will drive you back okay?”  

 

His voice is soft. I don’t want to argue so I nodded. He left and I averted my attention back to Dad who was not finished with his apple. The doctor came in and said that he can go out in four days because Grandfather want  Dad to have all kinds of check-ups. It was already night time then I decided to go home. Kris must be waiting home. He was supposed to be my guard but I didn’t know what came into his mind and leave me. Oh well. He should be cooking dinner now or I’m gonna scold him I swear.

 

I notice Minho waiting for me at the parking lot, I waved at him but he didn’t waved back. That’s odd. When I was about to step in the car he gave me a phone. I looked at the screen and ‘Kai’ was plastered. How do you do this? I put it near my ear and Kai’s voice was heard.

 

“Noona where are you?”

 

“Hospital. My Dad broke his arm.”

 

“Noona don’t be shocked okay?”

 

“Why?” I ask “

 

 

 

I ran back to the hospital. Suddenly the hospital was filled with people. I cant find my way, I tried to shove all people that is on my way. Kris, you’re so stupid. I felt liquid on my cheeks. I’m crying. What the hell.

 

I huffed as I stopped running. I can see Kris’ family in the hallway and as soon as Kai noticed me. I passed out.

 

 

 

 

 

I woke up.

 

“Noona?”

 

“Sooyoung?”

 

They gathered around me, I notice that I’m home. In my own room.

 

“How long was I out?” I ask, touching my head.

 

“Two days.”

 

“What?!”

 

That was longer than I expected. Wait why did I fainted again?

 

“Wh-Where’s Kris? Wha-What happened?”

 

Kai sighed and looked at Sehun “When I called you, he met an accident. We don’t know what really happened but his car hit a tree.”

 

“His head hit pretty hard but now he’s fine.”

 

Water on my cheek. I’m crying. I wiped it immediately. He’s fine now. We just have to wait for his recovery right? Why of all the people? Dad’s arm broke, now Kris met an accident? Why is my life like this? Why is my life in so much chaos right now?

 

 

“Can you take me to the hospital?”

 

 

Many guards are in the corridor and all places in the hospital. I never saw something like this. Was Kris a prisoner or something? But all these guards are both from our families. This is also the hospital where my father is confined so it’s gonna be easy. I touch my head, why do I faint in important times?

 

I cried for Kris but did not for my father. My father always said to never cry because of him and he said that it was not severe but Kris. What happened to him? I’m so worried that my heart cant calm down from the moment they told me what happened.

 

The last conversation I had with him was about going home. I wonder if he’s really okay now.

 

“Let us through.”

 

I stopped talking to myself when I heard Sehun’s serious voice. Five men were guarding the room I guess where Kris confined.

 

“I’m Kris’ brother so let me through or your asses will be kicked.” Kai spoke

 

Just like Kris, they’re scary when angry. They made way for us and I glared at them for awhile and entered the room. I was surprised to see Krystal.

 

“What are you doing here?” Sehun asked

 

I looked at the bed and I saw Kris, with wide eyes. He looked at Krystal then looked at me.

 

 

“Who are you?”

 

 

---

 

 

Finally I updated! Im angry to myself why did I just updated now. Guys how are you?

Sorry for the long wait. My story is getting thrilling lol isn't it?

I really appreciate every comment you put :)

Love lots.

-Pjane