015 - DAD SAID WHAT?!

WAR OF THE ROSES

So.

Uhmm.

Yeah.

Kris and me is inside the house. Our house. Was supposed to be our house. Is still our house but unless someone buys this it's still our house. You see, I can't keep my thinking straight okay. He knew that this was his house. I didn't bother to ask who told him but he asked me why or how I entered. I was looking for all the excuses I can say but I ended up saying.

 

"I'm here to clean the house. I was your maid."

 

Well that is one convincing excuse Sooyoung. It surprised me that he just shrugged and ignored me after that. Even if he has this memory lost, his old habits didn't change. It's still raining outside, raining hard.

 

"So uhm. What's your name again?" he ask

 

"Sooyoung."

 

"Cool name." he mutterd

 

He's still stupid. How can I be so dumb? He is still in his wet clothes. He said that he sometimes sleeps here if he is bored at home, but this evening he was buying groceries alone and it suddenly rained hard and he automatically ran here.

 

"Are we really not destined to be together?"

 

I shook my head as that sentence ran through my head. This is just pure coincedence. He is having his new life now, if where he is happy. I'll support him from afar. He didn't bring clothes that's obvious so he used the blanket to wrap his whole body. He looks like a sushi. He commanded me to cook something out of the groceries he bought, still so bossy. Last time I checked you were the one cooking for me. Sigh.

 

"So your fiancé know that your here?" I ask suddenly while stirring the noodles

 

"Krystal is busy with her mom. I don't know why. But oh well, after the wedding I can have her for myself."

 

Daggers to my heart.

 

"I'm happy, because you see I have amnesia." he started "I was worried I will forget how to like her but she really is a person easy to fall inlove with."

 

Pain.

 

I sighed "How can you be so sure that you like her? You've only known each other for weeks." I reasoned

 

"She was there when I woke up from the hospital. She helped me cope and remember things. I told you, she is really easy to love." he finished

 

I prepared the bowl and gave it to him and walked away. I ran to the comfort room and sat on the toilet. I burried my face in my hands. This was a bad idea after all. I came here to look for the thing that makes me happy and now I end up crying. I'm the kind of person that can hold tears so I wiped it off my face and sprinkled water. When will tears ran out, like seriously. I've been crying last weeks and --

 

"Hey, are you okay?"

 

I sighed heavily and forced myself to smile, I cannot even imagine I end up crying oh well. I opened the door and his worried face met my smiley one.We really don't know what to do so he opened the television and watched the news. The reporter said that the rain will probably end till midnight or tomorrow. Great. The fact that he looks like a sushi is not helping too.

 

"So you were our housekeeper?" he suddenly asked

 

"I was."

 

I will answer short answers as possible.

 

"Okaaay. So I bet you know Krystal well so how did we interact before or wait do we talk?"

 

I nodded "We always do."

 

"Oohh that's good." he grinned while the rain outside poured harder "So what did we talk about?"

 

I scratched my head to think of some lies. I don't want to be the reason of their wedding to be stopped because I don't have the right in the first place. I started to tell him that he and Krystal was childhood friends (I told him that Krystal was kinda, not really my friend  but yeah). I told him how he and Krystal fought about being first place in everything until one day he just told me that he likes Krystal and apparently the girl likes him too so they were engaged.

 

I told him our story. Except the liking part of  me.

 

He was grinning the whole time and I could not deny that I miss him. How stupid of you to forget me. I was your number one enemy. Many things to say, many things to ask but it's unspoken.

 

"So why is all the rooms locked except this one?"

 

Because they want us to get closer.

 

"I don't know. " I shrugged and answered "Maybe because you don't come here anymore and they forgot to lock it."

 

"But why did you come here."

 

Awkward silence.

 

Okay I'm gonna tell the truth. "I was having this tiny hope that I left my stuff toy here. It was important so I can't dare to lose it but here I am, I failed to see it."

 

"Awh that's bad. Why do you have a stufftoy? You're old enough. "

 

I glared. Still the same still the same.

 

Hours passed and I didn't want to sleep while he was just watching the television. I don't want to sleep on a sofa or chair that's why I'll be awake till morning. If I can.

 

"So there's only one bed. So I'm going to sleep there okay?" he says as he turns off the television and yawned

 

I nodded. Is this how he treat his housekeepers? Kris you're lame.

 

"Nahh I'm just joking. Theres nothing bad if we share a bed,." he spoke

 

The moment he said that I awkwardly grinned and shook my head. Kris I thought you were smart but-- Do you realize you're gonna be wed in the next days then you suggest this?

 

"I won't say this to Krystal, come on. The bed is too big for a person and my conscience will eat me if I let you sleep there." he pleaded

 

I shook my head harder and  longer this time. Just the thought of Krystal, I don't want her in my life again. I never liked all of these dramas.

 

"If you won't agree I might tell Krystal."

 

"Okay I'll sleep with you I-I-I mean. Sleep on the aish forget about it."

 

I bowed down, embarrassed of what did I just blurted. What the hell is wrong with him? I told you just the thought of Krystal scares me now cause I'm now labeled as fake. My heart is beating so fast. We've done his before but this time is different cause he doesn't even know me that much anymore.

 

I can't sleep. I peeped to the other side and Kris is sleping soundly. I moved and sat up. I gazed and stared at his face. I just realized I miss sleeping on the same bed with him, I never even thought that I would miss him. He seems happy with her,  he seems contented that he only knew some of his past (a lie).

 

Can I even sleep? Mom and Dad wilk surely scold me tomorrow. Sigh, sparkle this is all your fault. I moved in a more comfortable position and hoped that I can sleep still the rain is pouring hard. And if you're asking my head still hurs because of the bump.

--

I ran as fast as I can until the distance was great. When I woke up his face was dangerously close to mine, my body jolted up and instantly woke up. Never had the chance to say goodbye, to busy escaping. I slowed down and tried to catch my breath I have classes, have to explain to mom and dad, I have to look for my wedding ring. I JUST HAVE TO HAVE IT BACK.

I just had three steps when a car stopped beside me, the windows rolled down and I was surprised by who was that person. 

 

"Taekwoon?"

 

"Can I give you a ride? As thanks for the water?" He asked with a soft voice

 

This is the first time I've met someone who's looks are quite scary but his voice is so mellow. Not scary as horror but the aura that it gives. I smiled widely and nodded, he opened the car for me and I gave him instructions to where our house is. The funny thing is I was the only one talking along the way, he will reply with a nod and a small smile. I wonder how his 'bright smile' look.

 

"Thank you Taekwoon."

 

He nodded again and I replied with a laugh that made him confused. I again nodded as a sign of gratitude and farewell. I braised myself for another storm coming. My mom and dad ranting. I opened the door and peered inside for a second then tiptoed inside, I walked into the kithcen and I see them eating breakfast. I made a sound because of my footsteps and now they're looking at me.

 

"Hi mom." I speak "Dad Goodmorning."

 

Dad nodded "Where were you we were worried. Sit here." He patted the chair beside me  using his other hand

 

I slowly approached him and was waiting for the rant. "I went to look for a thing at the old house." I explain

 

Mom dispalyed our breakfast and sat beside me. "So did you find what you were looking for?" she asks

 

I shake my head. Why are they acting weird.

 

"Oh. But you slept there? The rain was pouring hard." dad said as he ate some bread

 

"Yes of course." I replied

 

I saw mom nod and continue to eat. Dad was busy with his newspapers while I'm here wondering wy are they weird. That's it? No, Sooyoung you're grounded, but to think of it I was never grounded.

 

"So you are not mad?" I ask

 

They stopped eating and stared at me. After that they both laughed. Dad stopped for a second then continued. I got pissed and swallowed a nig amount of scrambled egg that had me choking, mom immediately gave me water. As I finished drinking they calmed down and continued eating.

 

"You're a grown up. I trust you to make wise decisions now. We were a little worried yes but inspite of what happened to all these times. I must say you inherited my braveness."

 

Okay I’m speechless.

 

“Keep in mind that we don’t give a thing about what was not ‘proven’ by people who wants to destroy you. We are always here.”

 

Mom placed his hand over mine. I’m speechless because I’m touched. I’ve always known they were like this, I never felt different. I’m so thankful. We continued to eat and talked about stuffs.


“So the day after tomorrow is Kris’ wedding?”

 

UGH. Dad please.

 

“Ah jinja I’m gonna miss him.”

 

MOM?!

 

“But I never asked you this princess you still like him do you?”

 

“Dad please they were supposed to be married of course Soo like Kris.” Mom replied to dad’s question

 

“Dear, I’m asking Sooyoung.” He turned to look at me

 

I swallowed my last piece of bread and looked at him too. I noticed his watch and as I read the time I immediately jolted and ran upstairs to change clothes. I forgot I have school today.

 

“Mom, Dad see you later. Bye.”

 

I closed the gate immediately and ran but—

 

“Took you so long.”

 

“Taekwoon? Again?”

 

“Get in the car or be late.”

 

I nodded and as he drove I relaxed as the thought of being late was erased from my mind. Why was Taekwoon at the front of our gate?

 

“I waited.”

 

What.

 

“What? Why.”

 

“I don’t know.” He replied

 

Wow such a nice reason but I thank him with all my heart but as usual he just replied with a nod. We arrived at the school and both of us hurriedly went to our respective classes. I promise to thank him later. Maybe a meal will do. I entered the class panting and thanked that the teacher is not yet around. I scanned my surroundings and I forgot that I’m in the room where all eyes are on me.

 

Finally it’s time for lunch and at least I understood what the teacher was talking about. It came into my mind my wedding ring and here I am arriving at the school gym and will desperately look for it. I’m really gonna kill the person who threw mw that hard ball, please if you’re gonna hit me with that not the head please. Sigh. Talking to myself again.

 

Behind the bleachers, in the janitor’s closet, under everywhere. I sat and wiped my sweat, seriously I’m gonna find out who caused my bump and throw a dodge ball right to his face.

 

“Sooyoung?”

 

I lazily turned around and stood up, cleaned myself too.

 

“Sooyoung.”

 

I stopped in the middle of wiping my face with a towel when I recognize the voice who was calling me. I looked up and what the actual—

 

“You left early why?”

 

I snapped. “Uhh ahh School. Yes School.”

 

He nodded. “But what are you looking for? At my house you were looking for a bear but now what?”

 

Not your business really Kris.

 

“A ring.” I blurted and regretted it after

 

“A ring?” he asked

 

I started to look for it again and I felt that he is till following me. Please don’t or Krystal might see me with you. I went over to the part where I fainted if I remember it correctly.

 

“Wah wait a minute.” I hear him say but I was focused in what I was doing too “ Is this the ring you were looking for?”

His words caught my attention and when I turned around I see the object I was looking for. My eyes are still wide open while I suddenly stomped my feet. He was surprised, that was an act that I’m relieved whooh~

 

I tried to reach for my ring but Kris moved his hand away. I tried to reach for it again but the guy held it up high.

 

“WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM. THAT IS MINE.” I said in an angry tone

 

“In one condition.” He said

 

Tired of reaching it I asked in defeat “What?”

 

“You see I’m nervous because of the wedding.”

 

“Then cancel it.” OOPS

 

“I need your help. Come with me.” He pulled my hand and dragged me to the back of the building

 

Along the way I keep hiding my face and kept a look out for Krystal. I’m in big trouble. We stopped and I rested trying to catch my breath, what the hell do this guy wants.

 

He sits beside me and faked cough. He shows my ring and I had the urge to get it but knowing him, his fast.

 

“Give me your hand.”

 

“What.”

 

“Come on.” He pulled my hand “There.”

 

I sighed and watch what he will do next. I used my other hand as a support and placed my chin.  He cleared his throat and with a serious expression he opens his mouth.

 

“I promise to love you until the day I die.”

 

WHAT.

 

“I never imagined being with you today and I’m sorry for my lacking.”

Is he practicing for—

 

“I hope you can understand and I know you do. I love you.”

 

He said as he slowly pushed the ring into one of my finger. I looked up to him and is he sweating?

 

“That’s was hard.” He muttered and wiped his sweat using his handkerchief

 

I was left speechless. I stared at my hand with the ring. The wind blew hard and I can see that he was smiling. I want to curse at him but I just can’t.

 

“Oh I have to go. Krystal is surely looking for me. Thank you for helping me.” He stood up and ruffles my hair and he left

 

The wind blows hard and I probably look crazy now because my hair is a mess but I still can’t believe what Kris did. Sigh. I smiled a little and felt the nice weather.

 

“Sorry Krystal but he proposed to me first.” I laugh

 

I am going crazy. Well I need to eat. Because of the incident of almost being late I forgot the lunch Mom prepared. UGH. So I need to buy lunch in the cafeteria, I don’t care about the people’s stare anymore I got used to it and please I need to eat. Have you tried being a ninja just to get food? Well I’m walking fast to get into the line, I’m bowing my head and those moves that ninja do.

 

I stopped in my tracks while holding the tray when a familiar person blocked my way and just like a switch the noisy cafeteria silenced. Can I throw my tray to her?

 

“Sooyoung.”

 

“Krystal.” I acknowledge

 

She handed me a fancy paper. I placed my tray in the table beside me and opened it. I chuckled.

 

“I’m invited? That’s nice.”

 

“Yeah.” She replied

 

I can clearly hear the whispers and ‘oooh’s’ by the people around us. She is always doing this on purpose and she has nice timing. Too bad I’m not holding a hard ball right now.

 

“Thank you but I have more important things to do on your most special day.”

 

She raised a brow “No one is forcing you anyway.”

 

I picked my tray and exited the scene. I win today Krystal.

 

--

Do I love Kris?

Dad’s question popped out of my mind as I’m staring at the ring on my finger, if only what he said was for me, if only tomorrow’s wedding is for me.

 

I’m not denying that he makes me happy and sad and all those rollercoaster of emotions. But he helped me to know me. The real me.

 

He introduced me to amazing and nice people. He gave me bad and definitely many good memories.

 

Why am I talking about this is the middle of the night? My phone vibrated and I picked it up. Guess who just sent a message.

 

“Noona, how are you? Do you wanna get married to me instead tomorrow?”

 

Yes you guessed it right (or not). Sehun is so cute and did I already told you guys that I have a phone or have I mentioned it? Nah.

 

“I’m gonna bring Dad to the hospital tomorrow sorry I’m declining your marriage proposal but how about you-treat-me-ice-cream-proposal. I won’t decline to that.”  I reply

 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ Okay let’s go for Ice cream the day after tomorrow.”

Since when did he learn to use cute emoticons?

 

“(∩ -∩ ) You’re quite busy tomorrow right?” I ask

My phone lighted and I read his reply “Yeah. I’m sorry noona for not doing anything for this.”

I forgot we didn’t have a recent talk about this after the incident. I still can’t dare to face them and I don’t want them to say sorry.

 

“Don’t be.” I shortly replied

 

“Hyung is so dumb he even forgot who is older he asked one time is it him or Kai. Dumb Dumb”

 

I laughed. “ At least his living normal. Tell Krystal to take care of your dumb hyung.”

 

“But they seldom even talk. Krystal is busy with her mom and I don’t know why. Hyung has been staying in my room and do you know how annoying it is?”

 

I reply, “Just take it in a positive way. You’re going to miss him if he moves out with Krystal.”

 

“But It would have been nicer if he was gonna move out with you but nah the world is unfair Lhe replied quickly

 

I type in my last text “Sehun remember this. The world is fair because all of us think it’s unfair. Anyway let’s go to sleep and my fingers are hurting because of this texting. Goodnight Sehunna~”

 

“Woah noona you have a point. Also goodnight~ I still want some miracle to happen tomorrow.”

 

Me too Sehun. Me too.

 

 

--

Today is the day Dad is gonna remove that thing that he hates the most. He’s so excited that he even urged mom to go with us in the hospital. Dad really.

The wedding is probably getting started. While waiting for dad I reminisce the memories from the wedding. I just realized how cool it was, guns and swords how we ran how we were chased and how after that me and Kris returned home like nothing happened. He always make me feel safe, too bad it ended. Why must he lose his memory?

Why must be the only doctor who has the proof of me being a Choi missing? Why Why Why.

I went inside and see Dad free from the supporter but instead of a happy face I see him frowning and sweating hard. Is the air so hot here?

“Dad what happened?”

He patted the space in the bed beside him “Sit here princess.”

I obeyed quickly and I can’t find mom in this room.

“I told you that I broke my arm because of my clumsiness right?”

“Isn’t that the only reason?” I ask

Dad shook his head “That was a lie.”

I stood up with a wrinkled forehead “ What?! Lie? Then what’s the real reason then?”

“It was done on purpose.”

My eyes widen “On purpose? What? Dad—“

“Kris doesn’t have amnesia.”

I stopped in my tracks “What did you say?”

“He’s protecting you. He comes to the house often and explained and said his sorry. It was hard for me an your mom to hide it from you.”

My hands trembled. “Dad, you and mom lied?”

“Kris pleaded us to Sooyoung.”

My inhaling and exhaling fastened. Why say it to me now? Why on this day? He was lying all along? He didn’t lose his memories? That stupid person. I quickly exited the room and sat at one of the chairs of the alley. I have to calm down.

My forehead wrinkled. I want to punch him and beat him up. I bury my face in my hands.

 

“Oh.”

I turned to look at the person who sat beside me I don’t care if I look like a mess.

“You again, Taekwoon.” I bury my face into my hands again

Dad, Kris, Mom why say it now? This day?

“My Dad is a doctor here.” My seatmate spoke

I looked up and leaned on the wall.

“He received a call yesterday night that someone from our province was looking for him.”

I listened for a bit.

“They were looking for him because they need some papers of some girl who was born at that hospital where dad came from before he transferred here.”

My head turned to look at him.

“They said they need it to prove that she really is from her mother’s womb so dad looked for the papers all night. I was intrigued at why was he not sleeping yet so I helped him.” He turned to look at me

“I found it and was surprised that the girl was the same person who gave me water.”

He flashed a folder in front of my face.

 

 

“You’re a Choi. So I have a car and I can drive fast. So let’s start running?” 

 

 

 

------

Yes, Taekwoon was not a useless character here

>________< I’m sorry for updating late but this is a

Bit long update and thank you for voting, commenting

And subscribing to this story. I hope you will tune in

Into the next chapter. Please leave comments

 I really love reading  It and it reminds me to make the

story more thrilling and nice lol.

-Pj