014 - THE NEW NORMAL LIFE?

WAR OF THE ROSES

It's been weeks since the incident in the hospital happened. It's been weeks since we failed to present a evidence that I'm a real Choi. I was supposed to be in jail but Mrs. Jung was 'kind' enough to say that I was too young to be in jail. Though, she has some deals I should comply. 

 

It's been weeks since I talked to Kris.

 

Mrs.Jung will let me free if I don't talk, glance, speak or do anything to Kris. She said that they will give him a new life, with new good memories. 

 

It's been weeks since I cried so hard.

 

My life went back to normal. I moved out of the house I picked for Kris and me, I'm out of he special class. I'm back to being the girl who lives in a two storey building. The new things for me is that Dad has to rest because of his broken arm. There were no guards to be with me, no more Minho. 

Some saw this as a opportunity to bully me. If the Sooyoung back then would fight back, the Sooyoung now can't.  They would bring their trash to my locker, they talk bad at me, they don't even let me eat in the cafeteria anymore.

 

"Fraud." 

"Fake."

"She only wants money"

 

So this is the new normal life for me. I've been avoiding the students in Special Class too. Sehun and Kai were so hard to hide from but I managed. I don't even dare anymore to be where Kris is.

 

Krystal and Kris are to be wed this week. 

 

Sigh.

 

I'm currently munching on my lunch under one of the trees beside the football field. It's so peaceful in here and let me forget how awful life inside the school building is. Just a little more and the School year will end. I can escape all these dramas. My life is so complicated. Sigh.

When suddenly a football rolled to my side and I expected a guy to come pick it up. But the weird thing is, the guy picked it up and just stood up there and stared at me. Okay this is weird, I never seen him before. He has white skin and his eyes are beautiful,  whoah.

 

"Uhm Hi?" 

He only nodded.

 

"Do you want a drink? Sorry but I only have water." I muttered when I finished looking for my water container

 

He was hesitant at first but I smiled and then he sat beside me and took what I was holding. The breeze was so cool. I guess this is the time where football players want to play because it's cloudy.

I'm just amazed by myself. The old Sooyoung would just ignore this guy. Maybe I was infected by Kris'-- Oh.

 

"So what's your name?"

 

"Taekwoon."

 

"I'm Choi--. I'm Sooyoung" I beamed a smile again

 

I sighed and feel free for the moment. He remained quiet beside me. I think he doesn't know me because of this interaction. I guess sometimes it's nice to be with strangers.  The bell rang and I automatically groaned knowing that it's time for me to go back to hell. I gathered my things and stood up. I faced Taekwoo  and smiled,  he smiled back and whoah again.

 

"Thanks" he said

 

I nodded and began to walk. You can do this Sooyoung.

 

--

 

"So I'll give you twenty minutes to change into your gym clothes." The teacher annouced

 

I was composed on the outside but in the inside I was screaming.  I forgot that today we're gonna play dodge ball and you guys know how I hate sports. Wait, is dodge ball a sport? I lazily changed my clothes and jogged to the gym. I should be good or else Kris will--. 

I sigh.

He crossed my mind again. 

 

I hear the whistle and we positioned around our teacher to receive instructions. 

 

"This will be interesting." He spoke "You have  strong opponents"

 

I heard footsteps and it made us turn our heads. DAMN. Of all the people. I quickly avoided their gazes. Of all the class why the Special one? Ahhhhhh. I peeked a little and saw Kris together specifically with Krystal.  Ah right. The new fiancé. 

 

Hey Kris, do you not remember me for a bit?

 

Hey Kris, I cried so hard

 

Hey Kris, I miss your stupid face. 

 

 

"Split the class into two and may the best class win."

 

I was in the second group in our class. My hands were shaking while waiting for our turn. The gym was full of cheers. Even the girls in our team cheered for the Special class. While I was sitting on the bleachers I looked at the opposite side and cursed. A perfect display of Krystal and Kris. Thankfully Sehun and Kai didn't see me yet, or they'll be with me right now.

 

I was about to explain to Kris that I was Sooyoung. But at that very moment, guards took hold of me and Kai and Sehun was blocked by others. I was late to tell Kris because while I was unconscious,  Krystal poisoned his mind. That happening led me to cry for days. I was stupid enough to faint.

 

I realize. I'm still wearing the wedding ring. I can't just leave this. Maybe this is the last thing he can give. This ring held his promise. Stupid. Kris you're stupid for leaving me. The whistle sounded and my hands shaked more. Gaah I hate this. I slowly walked down the bleachers and positioned. This round, we will be he one who'll throw the balls. Some balls are soft while others are damn hard. I positioned myself beside the hard ones. You know who will I aim this right? 

 

Whistle

 

For the moment I was aiming for someone else to not make me obvious. I threw the ball to Sehun but he dodged it. He looked at me and winked. WHAT. I ignored him and went to throw more to Kai. I seem to forget that their family is athletic. 

 

Well its time for my main target. Not just because I hate this game doesn't mean I'm not good at it. I threw the hard ones at her. But it doesn't have to hurt because I'm aiming her feet, but if I hit her head oh well that's pure accident. 

 

The game went on and the people who were about to hit lessened. Kai and Sehun are good. Don't forget Kris. Krystal is still surviving because Kris is protecting her. Huh. Stupid Kris. After awhile the whistle sounded and I failed to hit Krystal. DANG. I was about to walk to the center but someone appeared in front of me.

 

"Hmmm. I wonder why are you aiming at Krystal?" He said in a cocky tone "Noona?"

 

Okay. Have to escape.

 

"Don't ask that Sehun. Why are you avoiding us?"

The whistle sounded again and I escaped from the scene. My heart beated faster. Kai was scary and I don't know why. I'm at the farthest side as the game started. But the players started to decrease and I slowly need to be in the center. What the heck. I'm now running back and forth and losing air. This is too much.  I didn't ask for sports. Now there's only ten of us. I looked at Kris and saw him staring at me. My eyes widen as I saw his angry face? I looked at my back but no one was there so yeah he's staring at me with an angry face. But Sooyoung,  maybe he noticed you aiming for Krystal. Oh dang.

 

 Confirmed. He's been aiming me. I saw Sehun's worried look but I won't let Kris win. Your so stupid Kris. How many times have I said that?  I'm having these thoughts while I'm running back and forth on this gym. Gah I'm losing air. I stopped for a second and breath. I started running again and I sae Krystal aim at me to my feet but I dodged it and went to the other side to pause but when I stopped, my head collided with something hard.

--

 

I woke up and I saw the infirmary's nurse. She checked me  first and wrote something that probably I wont understand. 

"So you have a bump." She said

The dumb me checked and well it hurted. 

"So the guy who threw the dodge ball to your head left. He said he will say sorry tomorrow. "

I groaned as I rose up. "Oh"

She handed me the ice pack. "You can go home too but keep this in your head"

"Thank you."

 

I walked out of the infirmary a little dizzy but was able to arrive to the classroom to get my things. I was wiping my face with a towel when I noticed the missing thing on my left hand. Oh goodness my wedding ring. I grabbed my things and dashed to the gym. It must've fell when I passed out or I was carried or whatever. I dropped my bag the moment I entered the gym. Where do I start?

 

I wanna cry. It's evening and I pleaded he janitor to keep the light  on but for the last two hours of looking for it. Nothing.  I won't cry. Nonononono. Not until I'm home I guess. The only thing that I have in memory of him is gone. I'm stupid. I'm so stupid.

 

--

Today we have no classes and I have to accompany Dad to the hospital. Even though I was accused of not being a Choi. Grandfather and Grandmother didn't change.  We have to let dad take tests and we have to check when will we remove that thing on his arm. He was becoming impatient but I reasoned it was his fault for not looking where he was going. While waiting for dad I decided to buy a drink. Gaaah I've been sulking the whole night because of the lost ring. I will have to look for it tomorrow. 

 

"Sooyoung. " someone called

I turned around to face who was it and I choked on my drink. "Oh Krystal. What are you doing here?"

 

"Kris has to have his check ups too."

 

"Oh right." I nodded "You're the new fiancé."

 

She didn't replied but I want to say all the things I could say.

 

"You know what? I understand that you liked him even before you were born. Just to tell you I was never the person to pick whom Kris will marry. But Krystal, you and you're mom has gone too far. If you only knew what hell have you given me."

 

"Sooyoung listen--"

 

"No I'm sorry. I promised to your mom to not speak to you again. I'm just so mad. I congratulate you for your wedding. May you give Kris the good life I wasn't been able to give." I turned around immediately

 

I walked faster to get away. I tried not to cry but failed. I really don't care what other people will say but no one said crying is not allowed in hospitals right? Why must it happen to me? Why must it happen to us? Tell me, am I giving him a hard time? Was the memories I gave him so bad that they wanted to replce it with good ones.

 

Are we really not destined to be together?

--

We went home after that. And now I'm in my room looking for my favorite t-shirt. It was given by dad and I'm looking for it so I can wear it on father's day but I cant find it. I've been fighting with myself if it was really in Kris' closet. What the hell. I'm holding back from myself from dialing Kai's phone number to ask for the key of the house.

 

Calling Kai. 

 

Why do I have his phone number?

 

"Hello Kai?"

 

"S-Sooyoung?"

 

"Ahh yeah?"

 

"Why did you-- IS THAT NOONA?! HELLO NOONA I MISS YOU WHY ARE YOU AVOIDING ME. I DID NOT AIM FOR YOU EARLIER NOW TELL ME-- give me that. Sorry that was Sehun."

 

I smiled. Guys I miss you too.

 

"Can I ask a favor?"

 

"Sure anything from you."

 

--

I clicked clockwise the knob and breathed hard. The night's cold wind was so cold that it send me running inside. I leaned on the door and breathd deep again. This house bring so much memories that are bound to be memories. So the stuff I'm looking for is the bear Kris bought for me. Remember Sparkle? The last time I was here, well they kicked me out so I had no choice but to pull out the things in a short peroid of time. Good thing Kai gave me the key.

First stop : Kitchen

Why am I looking for a bear in a kitchen you ask? Because Kris plays with it in the kitchen (believe me). I searched inside the boards and all those places, they could not have put it in trash?

Second stop: Living room

We don't reall spend too much time here. But this was the place where I decided that this is the house that I want. No sign of sparkle.

Third stop: The Bedroom

This place is sapcious so I have a little hope of finding that bear here. Wow, this was a really noisy room because we almost did everything here. From eating to arguing. Sigh. Stupid him. I bended down to look for it but still nothing. I let out a frustrated sigh and dived in the bed. Wah, so fluffy.

It suddenly rained. What.The.

I panicked I saw approached the glass window. Dang, I didn't bring an umbrella or even my cellphone. WHAT. IM STUCK IN HERE!

Well it's just like those days. At least the electricity is fine and at least there is no thunder or lighting I think I would be fine.

As I was getting comfortable in the bed and is watching the TV there was a sudden knock on the door. While I was walking I was naming the people that could possibly be here. The people who will get the other things because they said they will sell this house, even if I do't want to I can't do anything anymore. Kai or Sehun, they know that I'm still here and probably knew that I didin't bring my cellphone.

I reasoned Mom and Dad that I will visit a friend. I don't know why but they agreed with me and let me go. But didn't they even notice I have no friends? Well except for Taekwoon I guess.

Or maybe a robber. DANG.

I slowly opened the door but the wind was so strong that it flew open. The person was not Kai or Sehun or even my mom or dad. I was too astonished to even speak, my heart beat was an automatic switch and it beated faster.

The person in front of me is soaking wet, the person in front of me is the person who I'm trying my best to avoid.

 

"K-Kris?"

 

---

 

Hi guys it's been awhile. I'm so sorry for the late update and here it is. It was written on Sooyoung's POV for us to know

what she really is feeling about the situation. Well, she's currently shock.

Let me know it the comments below of your reaction. I will really appreaciate it :)

-Pjane