001- THE MEETING

WAR OF THE ROSES

CHAPTER 1

 

Sooyoung was happily walking, entering the gates of the school. She was ready for the test. This will be her time. Her time to surpass that guy who thinks highly of himself. But that won't last.

 

Her grin was plastered on her face. But she stopped walking when she saw 'him' sorrounded by girls. Tsss. She still didn't get the 'cold' side of Kris when it comes to other people but when it comes to her he transforms into a insulting-prideful-jerk kind of guy.

 

'You will go down Wu.. Your going down' she says it to herself

 

She walk pass them.

 

"Oh Number 2 your ready?"

 

She should ignore him, ignore, but sadly she turned to face him. She saw his wicked expression.

 

"Judging by your looks, you" he eyed her from head to toe "You studied hard"

 

She wasn't able to answer back. She wants to focus, or all her harwork will be useless. They entered the classrom and after the few minutes the teacher  gave them the testpapers. She was confident of what she has now.

 

---

"You'll never beat me"

 

It was the end of the day and Sooyoung was tired of all those questions she answered, and to add up to her stress is the guy who is standing in the entrance of the school just to say those words.

 

"I will, Wu. Trust me" she said

 

He scoffed and shoved his hands to his pockets "Don't be too confident. A commoner like you won't beat me"

 

She ignored him and walked away quickly. Sigh.

 

What he said was right, she was a Choi but that side of her family isn't that rich. The rich one's live in those huge houses. But their family still didn't forget about the'war' the two families have that's why rich or poor, if your a Wu then your an enemy.

 

Sooyoung entered into a cafe with pink decorative roses.

 

"Oh Sooyoung dear how was your exam?" the lady asked

 

She smiled "It was great umma. I'm gonna surpass Kris Wu, this time." she proudly announced

 

"That's good Sooyoung!" her father shouted

 

Her mother heaved a sigh "Dear , it's okay if you don't surpass your classmate, as long as your grades are good. It's the best for us." her mother smiled

 

"But it is best when you beat that Wu this time Sooyoung!" her father shouted again

 

"Yah! Mr.Choi stop teaching your daughter evil things! Focus on what your doing there" her mother shouted and shaked her head

 

She smiled. "Umma, my exams are done so I'm gonna help the cafe today okay? Ep ep! No buts! I'll just change" she hurriedly ran upstairs to change.

 

Their house was just above the cafe. When she was almost done she peeks out the window. She saw a pink car parked outside and was confused because none of their costumers brought a pink car before. She hurriedly ran downstairs.

 

"He chose her?" she hears her father ask a guy wearing a black suit

 

"But why her?" her mother asked

 

"We don't know. But Mr.President wants to meet her today." the guy explained

 

"Okay." her mother frowned and sighed "But please take care of her"

 

Sooyoung's forehead wrinkled."Mom? What's going on?"

 

Still frowning her mom answered and stood in front of her "Dear, your grandfather wants to talk to you"

 

Her eyes grew wide "Wait. A. Minute. Your kidding me? You said he doesn't know me then why--"

 

"Time is precious maam so please, let's leave" the guy said

 

Sooyoung looked at him then at her parents. They nooded.

 

"Okay.. I'm going" she said

 

--

 

This might be the weirdest room she ever saw. All things are pink. It made her think if all the guys here are gays. She was in the room waiting for the Presiden to  call her. She was whistling and humming when suddenly the door of the room opened. A girl with fancy clothes and red lipsticks stood infront of her. The girl inspected her head to toe even if Sooyoung was just sitting.

 

"So." she walks then stops "Your the famous Choi Sooyoung?" she starts to walk again

 

"Uhhh-Yeah?" she replied

 

The girl stopped walking and faced her "You know what I'm not gonna beat around the bush, Grandfather chose you. I don't know why!" she swing her hands "It's obvious that I'm a lot prettier than you, a lot more ier" she emphasize that word "Then your gonna marry a Wu!"

 

Sooyoung's mind snapped.  "What did you say? Marry a Wu?"

 

The girl rolled her eyes "Duhhhh! That's why your here. And you know how I wish you were never here, cause I really wanna marry that Wu. Because we're compatible, we're both gorgeous and y"

 

Sooyoung raised an eyebrow. How desperate this girl could be? " Why don't you marry him then?"

 

"Well that's the point why I'm here. Refuse grandfather's offer. REFUSE! So that he will pick me and that hot man will be my husband"

 

'EW' Sooyoung thought

 

They heard a loud 'ehem' and they saw the guy with a black suit ''The President wants to see you"

 

Sooyoung stood up and was ready to leave but the girl spoke again. "Piece of advice. Grandfather is scary and if you refuse the offer, you'll get your worst nightmare" she nodded

 

She continued to walk following the guy. She was obviously nervous. They never met before. The doors were closed behind her. The chair turned to face her. And finally she saw him.

 

"Seat, dear"

 

Sooyoung obediently sat and roamed her eyes around the room.

 

"Did they made you comfortable earlier?" he asked

 

"Yes sir. They did" she answered

 

The old man did'nt spoke for seconds. Suddenly he walks toward the door and checked if anyone was there to eavesdrop., he closes it again and heaved a sigh.

 

"Please Sooyoung don't call me Sir. Call me Granpa." the old man weakly smiled

 

Sooyoung was taken aback. Okay. "Okay Grandpa if that is what you  want"

 

"So how is your mom and dad? School? Tell me about your life"

 

Sooyoung raised an eyebrow "I'm Choi Sooyoung.  I study in SM University.. Rank number 2" she winced at that part

 

"Whoah that's amazing. I wasn't even in the Top 10 when I was your age" the old man said with wide eyes

 

Sooyoung was a bit confused, that girl said that this man was scary. But right now, what he is showing her is totally different.

 

"Uhmm. Grandpa, can I ask something?.. Why does everyone think you're scrary?" she blanky said

 

The old man sighed "Ah you noticed.. Well this is my true side dear, I am honestly jolly. But I select people whom I let this side of mine see"

 

"Ah I see." she finally understand "What am I doing here Grandpa?"

 

"You are perfectly aware of the fight between the Choi family and Wu right?"

 

She nodded and waited for the next sentences.

 

"It was years ago when my father married a Wu.."

 

"What happened? Did it stop the fight?"

 

"It did, for awhile.. But one of them was accused of adultery. No one knows who. Then the war started again. Until now.."

 

She can see the frustrated look in the old man's face. The old man wants to obviously end the fight.

 

"Well Grandpa, do you have any ideas who was the one who committed adultery?" she asked

 

The old man heaved a sigh "I do have an inkling. My father was a decent man. He would never do that. So the thing that bothered me is my theory that someone set them up. Or someone really wants to sabotage the marriage" he said seriously looking on the ground

 

She sighes, whoever that be that person has guts.

 

"So dear, I'm setting you and Wu in marriange.." he said quickly

 

"But Granpa. Why me? Our side of the family are poor and--''

 

"That's why I chose you. I've been watching you from afar and realized that even if your like that.. Your still kind and caring for your parents." he said cutting what Sooyoung has to say

 

She closes her eyes. There are many questions in her head. Is the guy she's gonna marry kind? Respectful? Well can he love her?

 

"You do wanna end this fight right?"

 

She stares in his grandfather's eyes. Yes, she does want to because her parents are affected too, their business are also affected. And too add up, her grandfather is sad.

 

She inhales deepy, "Okay Grandpa.. For you I will do this, for mom and dad"

 

The old man's eyes sparkled. "Really dear?! I already chose the one you'll marry and he has the same personalities like you." he explained with happiness in the tone of his voice

 

She was happy but a bit nervous too.

 

"What are we waitig for? They are already waiting for us"

 

Her eyes widened "Too soon?"

 

His grandfather nodded and took her hand  and led the way. They got out of the room and after a few minutes of walking they stopped in front of a white door. The servants opened it for them. She was still beside her grandfather even in sitting. Then they heard the door opened, her grandfather stood up to meet them but she remained frozen in the seat.

 

She was ready, it was disgraceful not to formally meet and greet them. That's why she stood up and turn her bowing head to the back. When she slowly lift up her head.

 

She froze.

 

Their eyes met.

 

Both of them was petrified.

 

But together  they shouted "THIS IS THE PERSON WHO I HAVE TO MARRY?!!"

 

"Yes. And we hope we can see our granchildren after you get married" the guy who entered with him said ignoring the eyes widening and the jaw opened because of shock.

 

"Why don't you talk, we will leave "

 

Silence was the perfect word to describe the scene right now. Both of them was shocked and unable to speak. Kris plopped to the couch in front of him. Sooyoung did the same. Both of them stared on the floor.

 

"I hate you."

 

"Seeing you is the last thing to do, or more like I would not want to do"

 

They both stopped talking. Kris looked at Sooyoung who is obviously shocked.

 

"Let's have a deal Choi Sooyoung,  okay let's get married but just for the sake of our families. You good with that? In short no strings attached." he finally said

 

Sooyoung slowly perked her head to look at Kris standing in front of her ''What?"

 

"Let's get married but there are no feelings or emotion involved, I have my privacy yo uhave yours."

 

"But, marriage is solemn and--"

 

"Stop it. The its being sloemn was washed when your family committed adultery to mine" he stated

 

"We did'nt! No one knew who!"

 

"Okay" Kris shrugged "But I have a gut feel, so what do you say?" handing his hand for a hand shake

 

'For my parents,  my grandparents and this war to end'

 

She slowly gave her hand but Kris took "That's a yes."

 

Is she gonna regret this?

 

Is his intention good?

 

We'll find out.