Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow! (Seo In Guk)

12 Days of Kpop Christmas

 Sumi sighed and pressed the back button on the stereo. Music blared through the speakers and she began to dance. In the middle of a spin a minute later, the music turned off. Sumi was so surprised at the sudden silence that she tripped over her own feet and fell onto her back. She closed her eyes and groaned.

“Oh my goodness, are you okay?!” a voice asked. “I’m so sorry, I didn’t think you’d fall!”

 

Sumi opened her eyes to see who it was that was helping her to her feet. She gasped and her face flushed.

 

“Seo In Guk-sunbae!” Sumi squeaked out. She took a quick step back and gave him a ninety-degree bow. She mentally groaned and cursed her luck. Of all the people to trip up in front of, why did it have to be the guy she liked the most?

 

“I’ll leave first,” Sumi whispered, rushing to grab her bag.

 

“You don’t have to--” In Guk started, reaching out for her. The door shut and his hand fell. “--leave...Did I scare her off?”

 

~ * ~

 

Over the next few weeks, Sumi did everything she could to avoid In Guk around Jellyfish Entertainment’s building and In Guk did everything he could to try to talk to her. It was like a game of cat and mouse between the two. In Guk eventually got fed up and decided to ask his manager for advice.

 

“Hyung, what should I do?” In Guk groaned, leaning back in the restaurant booth.

 

His manager shrugged. “I don’t know why you’re so hung up on this girl. There’s no reason, that one incident was only what….two seconds? Three tops?”

 

In Guk playfully glared at his manager and huffed, “I just want to talk to her, ask her why she’s been avoiding me.”

 

“Well, it’s Sumi, right? Since she’s set to debut this holiday, why not see about doing a duet with her?” In Guk’s manager suggested. He groaned when In Guk reached across the table and grabbed the hand holding up a fork piled with food.

 

“Hyung, you’re a genius!! Thank you!!” In Guk cried, holding his manager’s wrist tightly.

 

“If you’re so appreciative,” his manager growled, “let me eat my food in peace.”

 

In Guk fell back into his seat laughing, and began a plan to get Sumi to duet with him.

 

~ * ~

 

Sumi sat in a chair in the conference room of Jellyfish with a stomach full of butterflies. She glanced around and realized that every single artist under the label was there from Sung Si Kyung to VIXX to….Seo In Guk.

 

Seriously, why am I here? I haven’t even debuted yet… Sumi thought to herself. Her inner musings were cut off when the door opened and the company’s representatives walked in.

 

“Good morning, everyone,” the head representative said. A chorus of greetings filled the room in response. “We’re here today to discuss this year’s holiday album. Sumi-ssi, I bet you’re confused as to why you’re here, as well.”

 

Sumi felt herself blush and nodded. She sent a glare to Ravi, one of her good friends, who snickered at her shyness.

 

The representative smiled softly and cleared his throat to get Sumi’s attention. “It’s been decided that you’ll have a duet track on the company album as a sort of preview to your debut.”

 

Sumi’s jaw dropped, “A...A duet? With whom?”

 

“Seo In Guk-ssi,” the representative answered, motioning towards In Guk.

 

In Guk smiled at Sumi and waved. Sumi returned the gesture and turned back to face the representative when he began talking about the album again.

 

Oh man… Sumi thought to herself. I hope he won’t remember me making a fool of myself last month…

 

Two hours passed and the meeting was finally over. Sumi stood up and bowed to her sunbaes, hugging Ravi as he left, and gathered her things. She was making her way to the door when she felt a hand on her arm. Sumi turned to find In Guk standing there with a shy smile. She had to work not to giggle at how cute he looked.

 

“Sumi-ssi, I hope you don’t mind that I asked for our duet…” he said quietly.

 

“You what?!” Sumi gasped.

 

In Guk started to panic. “It’s just...um...I really wanted to work with you…” he offered.

 

Sumi cleared , embarrassed at her outburst. “I’m sorry, I was rude. I’m excited to work with you, sunbae.”

 

“Please, you don’t have to be so formal,” In Guk chuckled. “You’re younger than me, right? Call me oppa.”

 

Sumi smiled and nodded in response.

 

“Anyway, there was something I wanted to ask you,” In Guk said. When Sumi didn’t answer, he took it as a sign to go on. “I was wondering if you’d like to go get lunch? We can talk about ideas for our song if you’d like...since the boss is letting us choose and all that.”

 

“Sure, that sounds great,” Sumi replied. She giggled when In Guk’s face lit up. Maybe this’ll be fun after all, she thought to herself as she followed him outside.

 

The pair quickly made their way to a nearby pizza restaurant and rushed in, away from the cold. After taking a seat and ordering, In Guk and Sumi sat in silence.

 

“So,” they chorused after a moment passed. Sumi laughed and motioned for In Guk to go ahead.

 

“I was going to ask if there was a specific song you wanted to do? Like a favorite Christmas song or something,” he said.

 

“Well, there is one Christmas song I love. My parents used to play it all the time during the winter while I was growing up. They still do when I go visit them for the holiday,” Sumi replied, smiling softly.

 

“What is it?” In Guk inquired.

 

Let it Snow,” Sumi answered.

 

In Guk smiled and clapped his hands together, “Then that’s the song we’ll do!”

 

“But, sunb-” Sumi stopped when In Guk narrowed his eyes, “I mean In Guk-oppa, isn’t there a song you want to do?”

 

In Guk simply shrugged and leaned back as the waiter set down their pizza. “Not really, I’m happy with any song. That’s why I asked you to choose.”

 

Sumi nodded and reached for a slice of pizza. In Guk followed a few seconds later. The rest of the lunch was filled with conversations of the two getting to know each other.

 

Before long, Sumi and In Guk were on their way back to Jellyfish. In Guk decided to break the silence with a question that had been burning him the entire lunch.

 

“Sumi, why did you run off so quickly when we first met?” In Guk asked.

 

Sumi’s eyes widened and her face turned red. She coughed and glanced away. “I was really embarrassed.”

 

“Why?” In Guk pressed. “It wasn’t your fault you fell, it was mine for surprising you.”

 

Sumi shrugged, still looking away, “Because I fell in front of you. You’re a sunbae that I really admire…And...I really like you...”

 

“Really? Wait. Really??” In Guk asked. Sumi looked at him, intrigued by his tone. She tried not to giggle at the goofy grin he was wearing.

 

Sumi nodded and motioned to the building as they walked up to it, “Ready to practice?”

 

~ * ~

 

Two weeks later, In Guk and Sumi were finishing up the recording of their duet. As the days had passed, the two had grown closer and spent lots of time together. In Guk had taken every chance he could to tease Sumi about her confession and Sumi returned the favor each time with a slap to In Guk’s shoulder or by throwing a paper ball at his head.

 

“But as long as you love me so,” In Guk and Sumi chorused. “Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!”

 

“When we finally kiss good-night,” In Guk sang. Sumi grinned and blushed when he winked at her. “How I’ll hate going out in the storm.”

 

“But if you really hold me tight, all the way home I’ll be warm!” Sumi sang, jumping when In Guk wrapped his fingers around hers. “The fire is slowly dying…”

 

“And my dear, we’re still good-bye-ing,” In Guk continued, bumping her with his elbow.

 

The pair looked at each other as they sang the last lines together. “But as long as you love me so, let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!”

 

Sumi stared into In Guk’s eyes and started to grin. He still hadn’t let go of her hand. It wasn’t until the producer’s voice came over the intercom that the pair jumped apart.

 

“That was great, guys. I think we have everything we need. You two can go now, I’ll call if I need anything else,” the producer said with a cheeky grin.

 

In Guk coughed and Sumi blushed as they made their way out of the recording booth. They bowed to the producer and said their farewells before quickly leaving.

 

“Um...well that was fun,” Sumi said, softly. “It made me even more excited for my debut.”

 

“Same here,” In Guk agreed, smiling. “You have a really pretty voice, you’re going to do well.”

 

Sumi grinned for what felt like the millionth time that day. She stopped and turned to thank In Guk, but was brought up short when he reached down and kissed her on the cheek. When he pulled away, his face bright red. Sumi stared up at him with a shocked expression.

 

“Um…” was all In Guk could say before pointing up. Above their heads was a sprig of mistletoe hanging from the ceiling.

 

Sumi giggled and stood on her toes in order to press a light kiss to In Guk’s lips. She started to pull away when In Guk reached out to wrap a hand around her neck, deepening the kiss.

 

“You...uh...wouldn’t happen to want to go to the Christmas party this weekend with me, would you?” In Guk asked nervously when the pulled apart. His hand was still on the back of Sumi’s neck, holding her close.

 

Sumi smiled widely and nodded, “I’d be more than happy to.”

 

In Guk grinned and let her go, kissing Sumi’s cheek once more before walking towards the opposite end of the hall. Sumi turned and exited the building, looking up at the sky when she felt snowflakes hit her face.

 

“But as long as you love me so, let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!” Sumi sang as she skipped her way to the bus stop.

 

 


 

That puppy face In Guk is giving in the photo, though... ~ lihzee