My Very Own Jack Frost

12 Days of Kpop Christmas

“I’m going out, umma!” an excited girl screams up the stairs as she grabs her coat.

“Wait, Mikki! Where are you going?” her mother yells back as she peeks down the stairs. She smiles when she finds her daughter struggling to put on her coat, boots, gloves, and hat all at the same time.

As Mikki picks up her foot to put on her boot, she falls flat on her . She giggles as she looks down at the floor.

“That’s right. It’s Christmas Eve. Time for Jack Frost again? How long is he staying this time?” Mikki’s mother asks.

Mikki looks up at her mother as she continues to put on the rest of her clothes. “Not sure, but I know he’ll be with me for Christmas!” she exclaims.

Her mother shakes her head at the young girl, “Have fun, Mikki.”

“Thanks, mom,” Mikki yells with a huge grin on her face as she takes off into the cold.

“How beautiful everything looks around here,” Mikki whispers to herself as she walks down the street, admiring all the beautiful Christmas decorations. She feels her nose and fingertips slowly freezing in the cold, snowy weather. She grins as she looks up at the sky. “My Jack Frost is finally here.”

Mikki grins brightly as she walks down the sidewalk and to the park. Arriving at her destination, she walks around searching for the boy.

“Oh my, where could my sweet Jack Frost be?” Mikki asks as she grins and walks further into the park.

“You’ll have to find me if you want to see me,” a male voice replies.

Smiling, Mikki turns around but finds no one. “Come on out. You know I can never find you,” she pouts.

“Nope.”

Huffing, Mikki stops and crosses her arms. “You Jack Frost,” she mumbles.

“Really now?” he replies.

The girl nods, knowing he can see her from his hiding spot. Mikki soon regrets insulting him as she feels a snowball hit the back of her head.

“Do I still ?” the boy asks between laughs.

Mikki mouth gapes open as she turns around to yell at the boy, but finds herself speechless.

“Annyeong, Mikki,” he smiles.

Looking at the boy in front of her, Mikki barely recognizes him, “Annyeong, Jay.”

Jay tilts his head at the girl as he slowly approaches her. “Jay? I’m surprised you still remember my real name,” he jokes, stopping inches in front of her.

Mikki smirks at the taller boy. “How could I forget your name, Jay Park?”

“Well, you always call me Jack Frost so…” Jay shrugs.

“And there’s a reason to why I call you that. You seem to only come visit me during the winter and you bring all the cold weather with you when you do, thus Jack Frost.”

The boy smiles as he wraps his arms around the girl’s, waist making her blush a deep shade of red. “Mianhae. I should really come visit you more often. But for now, what do you say to having some fun before I leave again?” Jay whispers.

Mikki blinked a few times at him before nodding. “Let’s!” she grins before wiggling herself out of his grip and running off.

Bending down, Mikki forms a small snowball and quickly throws it at Jay before he can catch up to her. Mikki bursts into laughter as she watches the boy’s mouth drop open.

“You did not,” Jay growls

“Oh, but I did,” Mikki replies.

Jay shoots her a devilish grin before he takes off toward her. Wide eyed, Mikki tries her best to escape him, but ultimately fails. Grabbing her around her waist from behind, Jay picks Mikki up and slings her around in a circle before falling into a pile of snow.

“You have absolutely no clue how much I miss you every year,” Mikki giggles in a low tone.

“You miss me?” Jay questions the younger girl, looking at her.

Sitting up, Mikki slowly nods at the older boy.

“Very much, actually. You only come around once a year, and…” Mikki stops.

Looking down at her hands, she starts to draw in the snow. Jay sits up, leaning his head against her shoulder and watches her closely. First, Mikki draws a star then a heart, and under them she starts to write something.

“Saranghae. In love with an idol, but today my Jack frost,” Mikki mumbles with a shy smile on her face. She stops as she finishes her sentence and blushes.

Jay picks his head up to look at the girl covered in snow. He can see a sad smile and a tear run down her cheek.

“You know, even though Jack Frost leaves every year, that doesn’t mean you should, too,” Mikki mumbles, trying her best to keep her voice from cracking.

Jay sighs and wraps his arms around her, pulling her in close. As he let Mikki go, Jay cups her chin, making her look up at him. “Well, it was meant to be your Christmas present, but I guess I could tell you now since I hate seeing my girl sad.”  

Mikki blushes at the ‘my girl’ part.

“A few days ago, when I came back, my managers grew a bit curious as to where I always disappear to whenever I get here. When I told them about you, one grinned and found it unfair that I only get so see the girl I love once a year and then only for a few days. They all agreed that if I wanted to, I could find a little apartment around here, somewhere, and we could just work from here. Which means...I only leave if I absolutely have to now.”

Mikki’s eyes widen in disbelief. “So...you mean…”

The boy grins and nods at her, “I’m here to stay.”

Mikki grins brightly and squeals out of excitement. Jay laughs as he looks at the over excited girl sitting next to him.

“You are so-” he starts, only to be interrupted by Mikki.

Out of excitement, Mikki throws herself at Jay, making the two of them fall back into the snow. Staring off into his brown eyes, she smiles and presses her lips tightly onto his. Jay returns the favor and wraps his arms tightly around the girl on top of him. He smiles against Mikki’s kisses, which seem like they would last forever. Time stops for the two of them as they lay there, not caring about a thing in the world. As they break away from each other, Mikki smiles at the boy under her.

“You do realize I’ll still be calling you Jack Frost, though, right?” Mikki jokes, tilting her head to the side.

Jay smiles and nods. “I wouldn’t want it any other way. Merry Christmas, Mikki. Saranghae.”

“Merry Christmas,” Mikki whispers before leaning down and kissing him once more.