An EXO Carol (EXO)

12 Days of Kpop Christmas

“How much longer are we going to do this?” a freezing boy asked as he rubbed his hands together for warmth.

“It’s snowing and cold and I’m hungry,” another mumbled through his clenched teeth.

The girl grinned as she hugged one of the twelve freezing boys close to her. He looked down at her and blushed.

“Tao and Baekhyun, can you two stop complaining? It’s for a good cause okay?” Ara sighed as she leaned onto the boy.

Baekhyun pouted as he looked at the pair cuddled up together. “Well, of course, you wouldn’t be complaining. You’re getting all cozy with Sehun down there,” he said, making Chanyeol and Chen laugh.

Ara blushed and looked down onto the floor. “Just sing already,” she mumbled under her breath, hugging Sehun closer to her.

“She’s right, you know. We’re here at the park to sing for all of the people and give them a merry Christmas,” Suho pointed out as he got ready to go back onto the stage. The other boys sighed and agreed with their leader.

“You guys are back on in five,” a man came to the back and warned the group.

‘Thanks!” Kris yelled after the guy before he disappeared.

“Well, let’s go then!” Luhan grinned. Suho nodded at the boy and motioned for the rest of them to follow.

“Wait here for us?” Sehun asked Ara.

Ara tilted her head and shot him a look. “I’ve been here all day. Why would I leave now?” she laughed.

Sehun grinned and shrugged. “Guess you’re right. I have a surprise for you tonight after all this is over so don’t leave,” he yelled back as he ran onto the stage.

“Why would I leave?” Ara yelled after him, grinning. Shaking her head, she took a seat backstage and closed her eyes listening to them sing.

“On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me….”

Ara smiled as she leaned her head back against the wall and cuddled into her thick jacket. “So cold...It’s making me…” she yawned. Ara could feel her eyes slowly closing.

“Ara...Ara, wake up...”

Ara mumbled a few times before opening her eyes. “Bacon, what time is it?”

Baekhyun smiled at her and shook his head, “It’s past midnight. Time to go.” He walked off to join the rest of the guys.

As she sat up, Ara could see the staff packing up the equipment and the boys grabbing all of their coats.

“Did I sleep through the entire thing?” she questioned as she jumped up from her seat, panicking.

Kai and Lay nodded in unison at the girl.

“Mianhae! I am so sorry! I missed the whole thing didn’t I?” Ara apologized with a sad look on her face.

“Don’t worry about it. We can give you an encore on our way back home,” D.O smiled as he pulled on his coat.

“So we’re taking the long way back?” Ara asked.

“We can,” D.O nodded.

“Okay! Let’s go, then! I want to hear the songs!” Ara exclaimed as she grabbed Sehun’s hand and ran off into the snow with him. A few minutes had passed and the crew of 13 started on their way back home in the snow.

“Any specific ones you want to hear?” Chen asked as he looked at her.

Ara thought for a moment as she put her finger to her chin. “Hmm...not really. Sing anything! I love hearing you guys sing,” she said as she looked up at Sehun, looping her arm into his.

Sehun looked down at her and blushed. As he felt his face grow hot, Sehun quickly looked back down at the snow, ignoring the giggles and chuckles that came from his bandmates.

“Okay then. I think our maknae had something special prepared? Are you ready?” Chen teased as he bumped the boy’s shoulder.

Wide eyed, Sehun looked from the floor to Chen and eventually to Ara. Smiling, the maknae nodded. “Yeah. I think so.”

“Aww. A special song?” Ara sang as she leaned on his shoulder.

“Ne. Our remix version to 12 Days of Christmas made especially for you!” Chen exclaimed with a huge grin on his face.

Ara grew a little suspicious at his smile. She knew that smile couldn’t mean anything good. Before Ara had any chance to say anything, she heard D.O start beatboxing and watched as everyone started bobbing their heads. Ara had to admit, the beat was pretty cool.

“Alright, ready or not, here goes,” Chen warned her with the same smile.

Suho smiled and started the remix song off, “On the 12th day of Christmas, my true love gave to me: 12 boys a-singing.”

“11 squirrels a-watching,” Lay chimed in as he pointed at a group of critters. Ara turned to look and smiled at how true it was.

“10 steamed baozies,” Xiumin now sang with a smile on his face.

“9 starving wolves,” Baekhyun continued.

“Are you guys really that hungry?” Ara questioned with a grin and the boys nodded.

Luhan continued the song, “8 waiting presents!”

“7 cups of cocoa,” D.O paused to sing his part. He was followed by a shivering Tao.

“6 freezing boys.”

Ara laughed at Tao.

“5 more lines!” Chen sang from the top of his lungs.

“Really, Chen?” Ara asked. Chen grinned and shrugged.

“4 blocks from home,” Chanyeol smiled as Ara shook her head.

“Should have known you two would come up with something like that,” she giggled.

“3 melting snowmen,” Kris hesitated as he pointed to a small snow-family. Ara smiled at the giant and he shrugged.

“2 green eyes,” Sehun sang, looking down at Ara.

When she realized what he said, Ara looked up at Sehun and found two brown eyes staring right back at her. He smiled at the younger girl and cupped her chin in his hand pulling it up toward him.

“Saranghae, Ara,” Sehun whispered before closing his eyes and slowly pressing his lips onto hers.

Ara smiled against his soft and warm kiss. It was unlike anything she had have ever imagined. The other eleven boys smiled at the pair as the snow slowly started falling again. Sehun and Ara looked Heaven made in the Christmas lights and falling snow.

Kai smirked and finished the song, “And 1 loving kiss from Oh Sehun.”