A Very Special Christmas (Topp Dogg)

12 Days of Kpop Christmas

“Yunnie, are you up yet?” Hojoon knocked on the young girl’s door. When no one responded, he slowly opened it to peek inside. Hojoon's eyes widened as everything around him suddenly turned black.

“What do you want?” Yunnie mumbled before slinging another pillow at his face, knocking his glasses right off.

“That was unnecessary, Yunnie,” Hojoon mumbled as he bent down to pick up the glasses.

Yunnie grumbled and turned back around, pulling the covers back over her head. “Whatever.”

Hojoon sighed and exited the room.

“So? Is she coming?” Yano questioned the older boy. Hojoon frowned and shook his head.

“I thought as much. You know how she hates Christmas,” P-Goon sighed, pulling a thick coat over him. P-Goon made his way to the front door.

“I think I’ll stay,” Gohn said as he pulled his jacket back off.

P-Goon looked at the younger boy and nodded, “Good luck.”

Gohn smiled shaking his head. “You guys are going to need the luck.” He could hear Xero and B-Joo sigh in the background.

“Yeah, thanks. Who actually goes Christmas shopping on Christmas Eve?!” Yano yelled. He threw up his hands and followed the rest of the gang out the front door.

Gohn smiled and made his way to the girl’s room. “I’m coming in,” he said when he reached the door.

“Go away Gohn.”

“Nope,” Gohn grinned before entering the room. Knowing full well what was going to happen next, he put his hand in front of his face and caught the pillow that barreled toward him.

“What do you want?” Yunnie grumbled under her blanket.

“I want to know why you hate Christmas so much,” Gohn took a seat on her bed and moved the blanket from her face.

Sighing, Yunnie sat up and looked at him, “I don’t hate-”

“Yes, you do. Every year at Christmas, you bury yourself in your room and hibernate until it’s over. Wae?”

 

The girl looked down at her hands as she folded them.

“Do you really hate spending Christmas with us that much?”

Yunnie head shot up and she quickly shook it. “No! It’s not that I promise,” she said, hurriedly.

“Then what is it?” Gohn pushed.

Yunnie's expression changed from plain panic to a disappointed and sad smile. She let out a small sigh and fiddled with the hem of her shirt before answering the boy. “Every year, ever since I was little, I’ve always been alone for Christmas. My parents were always out working, and I guess I wasn’t important enough for them to come home to celebrate Christmas with.”

“You’ve never celebrated Christmas?” Gohn asked, surprised.

Yunnie smiled sadly, shaking her head at him. Gohn leaned down enough so he could look at her face and found a few small tears roll down her cheek.

“Okay. That’s settled then. I’m going to show you how to celebrate Christmas so we can all have fun later when the guys get back!” Gohn exclaimed as he hopped up from her bed. Holding out his hand, he motioned for Yunnie to grab it. She hesitated for a moment. “Come on. It’ll be fun!”

Yunnie eyed the smiling boy for a minute before finally giving in. Grabbing his hand, she hopped out of her cozy bed and joined him. “Let’s do this!”

Yunnie followed Gohn to the kitchen and leaned on the counter. She watched him as he rummaged through the cabinets and the refrigerator for a few things.

Tilting her head, Yunnie started to whisper. “A bowl, sugar, flour, cute little cut outs, milk….Gohn….” The boy smiled as he picked up his head to look at the girl over the counter and hummed in response. “What are we doing? I thought we were going to celebrate Christmas”

“We are. We’re making cookies for Santa first,” Gohn explained.

“Santa? You mean P-Goon and the others?” Yunnie giggled, causing Gohn to pout.

“No, Santa. Big guy in a red coat, white beard, drags a heavy sack around with him filled with presents? Maybe you’ve heard of him?” Gohn questioned. He picked up a pan left over from breakfast and slung it over his back, pretending to be the big guy himself. Yunnie smiled and nodded.

“Good! At least you know Santa. Now let’s make cookies!”

Nodding, Yunnie joined Gohn and watched closely as he taught her how to make the batter. Yunnie grinned when she noticed the batter had gotten everywhere but where it was supposed to be.

“You’ve got something…”

Gohn’s glanced over to see Yunnie pointing to his nose. Looking down, he found it harder than he thought it would be to remove the extra batter. Yunnie giggled at his struggles.

“Here let me,” Yunnie offered before wiping off the batter with her finger. Before she could the batter off, Gohn snatched her hand toward him. Smiling, Gohn the batter off of her finger, making Yunnie blush a deep red color.

“Tastes sweet!” Gohn exclaimed, staring off into her blue eyes.

Speechless, Yunnie nodded and grabbed a few cut outs when Gohn released her hand. After making enough cookies to fill it, Yunnie grabbed the sheet pan and carefully placed it in the oven. Smiling, she sat down in front of the oven and watched closely. Gohn smiled at the girl as he took a seat next to her.

“Are you really going to sit here and watch the cookies until they’re done?” he asked.

Yunnie nodded looking up at the boy, “I want to watch the gingerbread man!”

Gohn grinned as he looked down at the girl. Her eyes sparkled in the blinking Christmas lights and her smile shone brighter than he had ever seen.

“Look at them. They look so good!” she squealed, turning back to watch the cookies.

“Yeah, but you look better,” Gohn mumbled.

Yunnie blushed as she looked down at the floor. “You’re so cheesy, Gohn,” she whispered.

“I know. But it’s true,” Gohn insisted before leaning toward her. Grinning, he sat there for a minute and watched her closely. He knew Yunnie was growing nervous at how close he was because he could hear her heart pounding in her chest.

“You’re cute when you’re nervous,” Gohn whispered before putting his head onto Yunnie's shoulder and closing his eyes.

Yunnie's eyes widened and she looked down at him. After staring at him for a few moments, she finally let her feelings take control for once. Yunnie smiled and slowly put her head on top of his.

“Gohn...when do you think they’ll be back?”

“Hmm...knowing Yano he’s probably complaining about the cold right now, so it shouldn’t be too much longer.”

Yunnie nodded in response and picked her head up. She kissed the top of Gohn's head before standing up. “Let’s fix them some hot chocolate to go with the cookies,” she smiled from ear to ear, trying her hardest to stay calm. Had she really just kissed Gohn?

Wide eyed, Gohn put his hand at the top of his head and stood up. To him, he was still dreaming. Grabbing the milk from the refrigerator and 14 cups from the cabinets, the pair started to make enough hot chocolate for everyone. As if on cue, the group that had gone shopping walked through the front door.

 

“So nice and warm!” Yano yelled as he threw his coat on the couch. Jenissi and the rest followed shaking their heads at the maknae. The crew of 12 stopped in their tracks when they found a smiling Yunnie and Gohn in the kitchen with hot chocolate.

“Are those…” Xero started.

“Christmas cookies in the oven?” B-Joo interrupted.

“And how did you get Yunnie out of her room on Christmas?” Nakta questioned, pointing at the girl.

Gohn looked at Yunnie and smiled. “With a little Christmas cheer," he simply shrugged. Yunnie looked up at the older boy and nodded.

Kidoh and A-Tom looked at each other and grinned before they looked back at the pair in front of them. It was obvious to the two of them that something happened while they were all gone. Kidoh nodded somewhere behind him and A-Tom smiled. A-Tom quickly ran over to the spot on the wall and unhooked what Kidoh was nodding at.

 

“And now, for the last Christmas tradition,” A-Tom stated as he walked up behind the Yunnie and Gohn and held something over their head. The crew smiled and awed when the pair started blushing.

“Mistletoe?” Gohn whispered and A-Tom nodded.

“Just do it already. Everyone knows you want to,” Seogoong pointed out.

Gohn looked up at Seogoong, only to have his head pulled back into the other direction a few seconds later. His eyes widened when he felt a set of lips pressed tightly to his. They tasted sweet, sweeter than the cookies from earlier. Closing his eyes, Gohn gave in and kissed Yunnie back, smiling against her lips. Yunnie blushed as she pulled back. Awws and oohs could be heard in the background but the two of them ignored them.

Looking into his brown eyes, Yunnie grinned, “Merry Christmas, Gohn.Thank you.”

The boy shook his head as he stared off into her eyes once more, “Merry Christmas.”