Chapter 12

Living with Exo

Author’s POV

Sehun quickly carried you the car as Kai and Hyunkyu got in. Kai called Exo while Hyunkyu called his father and uncle. When they got to the hospital, Isabella was rushed into the ER. Doctors started rushing in the room. Her breathing stopped as they EXO members ran into the hospital. Doctors rushed into the room and started CPR to help revive her. She was in sudden cardiac arrest that the doctors had to use the defibrillator. When they finally got her breathing and heart rate back to normal, they started surgery for the injury on her head. Uncle Chan and his family, Uncle Soo came in along with SNSD Unnies, Super Junior Oppa and Shinee Oppa rushed in. Isabella was still in the Operation room. When the doctor finally came out, he went up to them.

Doctor: The next 24 hours are critical, she’s in a coma now. We won’t know when she will wake up but she has to survive the next 24 hours. I don’t want to give you false hopes but I need you to be prepared for the worst. 

As the doctor walks away, Kris falls on the floor crying. He didn’t want to lose his sister, she mattered most to him. Everyone else was crying as they saw her lifeless body being pulled out the operation room and to the ICU. Suho helped Kris up and lent him a shoulder to cry on. Uncle Lee immediately ordered to find the girls who did it as he went out to address the press with Uncle Chan. How could anyone not shed a tear when they are told she might die. To everyone in the room, Isabella was precious to them. She gave them a listening ear, comforted them, cheered them up at their worst moments. She was a pure gem, no one could replace her. In the few days that she arrived, she did everyone good, making them happy. Auntie Chan went to church with Jingyu and Sunny to pray as some of the others followed them. Outside, there was commotion as the press kept throwing questions as the guards held them back. Uncle Lee explained the situation before bowing and heading back inside. Hyoyeon just sat outside the ICU, thinking about the dance off they had and all the fun memories even the sad ones which Isabella comforted Hyoyeon in. She was like an angel from above for all of them, she brightened up their lives.  Yuri was squatting down in front of Kris, holding his hands, telling him to be strong and not cry when she herself couldn’t help to cry. Minho was just staring through the observation glass since they couldn’t go inside. He saw her lying in the bed, with a bruise on her face and bandage wrapped around her head. She was hooked on different machines to keep her alive. He was grateful to those machines for keeping his angel alive. Uncle Lee came back, he didn’t want to lose her either. Neither did anyone else, they felt helpless cause the only one who could save her now was God. 

Its been only 6 hours but everyone stayed, no one wanted to leave her alone. They didn’t want to leave her alone in the place is fears of. Everyone had schedules the next day, some of them left while the other without schedules stayed. Kris looked at the clock and towards Isabella, she just has to survive the next few hours then she will never leave his side. The paparazzi were still standing outside, waiting for news so they could update the public. It has been buzzing through the city, everyone was praying for her. She was #1 on the search engines and the top news now. Chanyeol was a Happy Virus but he couldn’t, he felt nothing but sadness, he couldn’t even manage a smile. It felt like she stole his smile. He looked through the mirror, praying for her to come back. He wanted to be happy and the only way he could was if she came back to brighten his life with him.  James was also standing in a corner, even though, he just might her a day ago, she did light up his life, she was a bubbly girl, he would die for so she could live. He didn’t know that tears were spilling as he thought about her, she treated him like an older brother, he was a orphan so he didn’t know what family felt like until she got this job and met her. They already reported everything to the police too, but the girls were missing. They only found 1 of them till now, and even she didn’t want to rat out the others. Everyone just waited, they hoped for her to atleast get out of the ICU. 

24 hours. Those crucifying 24 hours but she lived. Everyone was more than happy but the doctor advised that there might still be a possibility that she might go if she doesn’t wake up. They moved her into a private room where everyone could visit her. Uncle Chan ordered 2 bodyguards to stand outside the door at all times for security. Kris sat down next to his sister and held her hand crying softly. Everyone was but they knew they had to be strong. They couldn’t see her like this. Auntie Chan held her other hand as she cried. Everyone decided on different shifts to come and watch her. So that the room wouldn’t be so crowded and everyone could go according to schedules. Auntie Chan took the first.

It’s been 3 days since Isabella was shift to the ward, everyone has been watching her for the slightest movement. EXO-M had to go to China for the day so Sehun and Suho took the shift. Suho went to get some food as Sehun stayed. He held her hand. “When are you going to wake up so I can tell you I love you?” he asked as tears threatened to spill. He stood up and leant in to kiss her cheek and whispering the three words he knew was his feeling for her. No one saw how much he liked her, more than anything. He would be jealous when she was around other guys and when he saw her like this, his heart just broke into a million pieces. He found his true feelings the day, his heart broke into a million pieces as the doctor told everyone to be prepared for the worst. 

Its been a week. Doctors told them if she doesn’t wake up soon, she might turn into a vegetable. It was Sunday so everyone came by. Uncle Lee got a Helicopter to get her grandfather to the hospital. He was rather weak, because he had no heart to see his granddaughter in this condition. When he walked into the room, he saw a few SuJu members, Shinee, Exo, Auntie Chan and some SNSD members. He broke down in tears as he saw her, lying lifelessly on the bed. He took a seat next to her, holding her hand. How could he feel so helpless, disorientated? He was a Chief, he shouldn’t be like this. But he couldn’t help it. He talked to her about missing her and everything he wanted to pour out. 

Isabella Pov
I heard him, calling me. Grandfather was calling me. I fought hard to open my eyes. 

Authors POV 

Her eyes fluttered open, tears came as she saw everyone in front of her. It was rather overwhelming. Everyone rushed by her side, but happiness did not last long as the machines around her started beating erratically. She felt everything stop as her eyes fell shut again. Minho ran out and got the doctor as fast as he could. Nurses and Doctors came rushing into the room with equipment as Nurse had asked them to go out. Cardiac Arrest was what was happening right now, if they don’t save her now, she will be forever gone. Everyone was in tears outside, just as she about to wake up, this happens. A single line appeared on the screen, Doctors started doing CPR. They saw it work abit but stopped so they used the defibrillator on her. Thank god, it worked. Her heart rate stabilizes as the doctors go out to tell them.  Grandpa is sent home.

Isabella POV

A few hours later, I wake up to people whispering. I looked around, smiling weakly at everyone. My head hurt a lot. Kris Oppa was crying holding my hand, I tried to sit up as Minho Oppa helped me. 

Donghae: Are you okay? Does it hurt a lot?
Isabella: Im okay, I guess. My head just hurts a lot.
Kris: You scared me so much! *hugs her*
Isabella: *looks around and starts trembling, tears falling* Oppa, I want to go home. 
Kris: Don’t cry. Well go home as soon as you get well.
Auntie Chan: *the family already knows about her fear* Honey, lets get her home. I cant see her like this. *looks at you crying before starts crying*
Uncle Chan: James, get her transferred back home Nurse, doctors, everything. Get it. *james nods and leaves seeing everyone trying to comfort you*
Uncle Soo: Isabella, just alittle while. Well go back home, calm down. *pats you back gently as you cry on Suho shoulder*

James comes back in, confirming that they will be shifting her out now. The nurse come in to move her to the ambulance. Auntie Chan and Sunny rides with her on the Ambulance. The rest of them get there by their cars. Paparazzi were crowding her as they pushed her into the ambulance though so bodyguards had to push them back. The doctor injects her with something to calm her down and let her sleep. When they get to the house, EXO house, the Oppas help carry the stretcher up the stairs. When they get to her room, they use the Blanket under her to carry her onto the bed. The nurse and doctor make sure all the machines are working and her vitals are good. Everyone spreads out, sitting on the beds, couches and what so ever. Everyone wanted to be there when she woke up. They take turns, staying awake in case. 

She had it again, the nightmare, she was sweating before she burst up, crying. Sehun was wiping her sweat before hugging her tightly calming her down.
Sehun: Its alright. *gently pats your back before yelling for everyone, Donghae and Minho came first*
Donghae: Its alright, we’re here. *both of them sits next to you as everyone else comes*

After a while I calmed down. Auntie Chan cooked breakfast for everyone before everyone had to leave but they promised to come back. Porridge, that was how the week went by. I felt better though, but still couldn’t walk around much. Doctors came and left, the nurse changing the drips every hour. Don’t worry, I shower everyday with help.