This is me without you...

Love Curse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Your POV

 

“Umma~” I shot my eyes open when I heard the little voice calling for me. I looked around and saw Jae Won in his cute pyjama, carrying his teddy bear.

 

“Umma~” He whined cutely, walking around the room. Why this little boy has so much energy at this early hour.

 

I sighed and came out of my bed, walking toward my baby boy. I picked him up in my arms.

 

“What’s it, Wonie-ah?” I asked him with a motherly voice, which was probably higher than my usual voice and sounded like a little kid.

 

“I’m hungry.” He pouted and rubbed his stomach. I chuckled at how cute my little angel was and pecked his cheek.

 

“Arasso~ let’s clean up first.” I said cheerfully and put him down. He then ran to the bathroom and prepared by himself. I smiled at him and walked toward the kitchen.

 

‘Oh Yeobo~ you’re up early.’

 

I looked at the figure in front of me fading away slowly. This illusion of him, it pained me. 3 years, for 3 years long, I lived this way. Everywhere I go I see him. Every place I go, reminded me of him. Since he was gone, my time also seemed to stop.

 

Those 3 years were really cold and empty without you, Do Kyungsoo. Don’t you miss me? Don’t you love me anymore? Why don’t you come and see me? Don't you miss Jae Won?

 

I miss you, Do Kyungsoo. More than anyone in this world.

 

I stood in front of the counter without knowing what to do. Every day seemed to be the same; I woke up, went to the kitchen and didn’t know what to do. It wasn’t because there was nothing to do. But it was because I didn’t know how to do.

 

It was that hard for me to survive in this cold world. If it wasn’t for Jae Won, I wouldn’t be here right now.

 

I made kimbap for both of us, just like every other day. It was all I could do. I didn’t even know the basic.

 

I put it on the table and called for Jae Won.

 

“Jae Won-ah~ Do Jae Won.” I called him and put on a bright smile. There he was, my baby boy, dressed up in his uniform nicely by himself without any help.

 

I wanted to appear strong in front of him. I didn’t want to look sad in front of him. No matter how much it hurt inside, I wanted to make sure that Jae Won only knew happiness.

 

He picked up the kimbap and ate it happily and deliciously. I was full just by looking at him eating. I looked at him really proud, I was proud of my boy and I was thankful.

 

Thanks you, Jae Won-ah, for growing up so well.

 

When he finished his breakfast, he sat down in front of the TV, waiting for me. I quickly took my shower and dressed up nicely, getting ready for work.

 

I opened my closet and there they were all his clothes. All his clothes were still there remained in their place. All his things still remained in its original place and so as him, he still remained in my heart and no one, no one could replace him.

 

Why? Why do you keep on haunting me every day? Your memories, our memories, they kept on haunting me. I suffered enough, maybe too much already.

 

We came out of our apartment and it looked like someone was moving in next door. Weird, that apartment was inhabited for many years because of some rumours. The new owner probably didn’t know about the rumour; that apartment was haunted.

 

Or maybe she/he just didn’t believe in such thing, well I didn’t believe in it either. If ghost did exist, he would be probably in front of me right now. But no, not even close, I can’t even feel his presence.  

 

I carefully drove Jae Won to school. Driving wasn’t my thing, after that accident, my heart was never at ease while driving. So I was paying extra attention while driving because I didn’t want such thing to happen ever again.

 

Jae Won kissed my cheek when we arrived in front of his school. He walked in happily while waving me goodbye.

 

As soon as Jae Won disappeared from my sight, my smile also seemed to fade away as well. It was hard to smile; it was hard because there wasn’t a reason to.

 

Smiling was hard but talking was even harder. I didn’t want to talk to anyone. Every day, I just sat in my office working without saying a word. Everyone thought it was odd at first but now that they got used to it, they didn’t bother trying to talk to me.

 

And I liked it that way; I didn’t want anyone new in my life. Jae Won was enough. Because beside him, Do Kyungsoo, beside him, no one could make me happy, beside him, the old bubbly Young Mi would never come back.

 

I looked at the clock and then back to my desk, after counting the amount of works that were still not done; I knew I had to stay late again. My work seemed to get bigger and bigger but why did the salary stay the same?

 

I couldn’t pick Jae Won after school so I called my mom. My mom wanted us to live with her and my brother at first but I refused as I don’t want to bother them, even though I knew my brother wouldn’t mind, but as a once used to be wife myself, I didn’t think his wife will like the idea that much.

 

“Yoboseyo umma?”

 

“Uh! Young Mi-ah wae?”

 

“Umma, can you pick up Jae Won today?”

 

“Uhmmm. Arasso~”

 

“Komawo umma.”

 

I hanged up the phone and continued working. I looked at my phone background and noticed that it was still the same as 3 years ago. It was the three of us together, it was when my, our family was complete. I didn’t have the hea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter