Chen ☃

❄EXO Christmas One-Shots❄

I looked through my closet for a nice dress to wear. Today I was going with my friend or best friend Chen to watch our friend Lay preform a piano recital within three hours.


I just decided to get ready now since I usually take a long time to get ready, especially for important events, it would probably take me an hour to get ready, so that's why I'm getting ready so early. As I looked through the closet I hear my phone ring. On the caller ID I saw Chen's name appear.

"Hello?" I answered.

"______!" Chen yelled through the phone. "Start getting ready right now." He chuckled.

"I know, I already am appa." You chuckled.

"Hey, I am not your appa, I'm just here to remind you so when I pick you up you're ready and we can leave, unlike last time."

"Yeah, I remember that time." You mumbled. "But I'm getting ready now, so no worries."

"Okay then, I'll see you there."

"Cya Chen."

"I love you."

"I love you too." You said lastly as you hungup.

You put down the phone and go back to looking for a dress in my closet. As I finally found one I go to my bathroom to wash up and then did my hair and make-up. After that routine I slipped on my dress and coat. I knew it was going to be a chilly night tonight, tonight was Christmas Eve.

I looked at the clock to see that it took me exactly two hours to get ready, so now the only thing I need to do is wait for Chen's call.

As I sit there I watched looked through an old photobook I've had since I was in highschool. The photobook contained pictures of Lay, Chen, and me. Sometimes it would just be me and Chen. While looking through the photos I never noticed how much Chen and I held hands. We always did that, but Lay and I never did. But now, the handholding
lessened since people always thought we were a couple. But Chen and I would only laugh and say no. Too bad, I've actually always liked Chen, he's very talented, funny, and my favorite thing about him, he's caring.

Don't get me wrong Lay is very talented, and is very much alike Chen, but something just stands out about Chen. Both of them are my best friends, but it feels like Chen and I have something between us that Lay and I don't have.

Another thing is that when ever Chen and I say goodbye he always says I love you, but Lay and I don't. Is this a sign?
As I sit there deep in my thoughts my phone rings.

"_____, I'm here." Chen says.

"Okay, I'll be there in a minute." I replied as I walked out of my house to see Chen's car waiting for me outside. I looked through the window to see him smiling and waving at me.

I opened the door and sat inside the car.

"Hey." You smiled as you rubbed your hands together.

"Hello." He smiled back, "You look great." He said as he started the engine and started to drive down the busy streets to Seoul.

"Thanks, you too." You blushed.

"Not as great as you." He grinned as he drove.

"So, what time is Lay's recital starting?' I asked.

"Within thirty minutes." Chen replied.

"Really? Then we better hurry." You say.

"It's fine, our seats are specially reserved." He answered.

"Oh, okay. That's good, did Lay request it?"

"Yep, he wants us in the front where we can see him." Chen replied. "Oh, and after the recital we're going out for dinner."

"Yay! The three of us haven't really ate out in a while together." You say.

"I know." Chen answered as he drove.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Here we are." Chen said as he parked the car infront of a building. "And we have ten minutes to spare."

"Great, we better get inside to greet Lay, and tell him good luck." You smiled as he nodded in agreement.

When the both of you walked inside the building you looked around, there we're so many people wanting to get in to watch Lay's preformance. He must be a great pianist.

"Hi, umm, we're friends with Lay and he gave us reserved seats." Chen said to a person guarding the door.

"Name?" The man said as he flipped pages through a clipboard.

"Chen and ______." Chen replied.

"Okay, you may enter." The man replied as he opened the door for us to enter. As you walked in there were hundreds of people seated excited for the great preformance. You and Chen walk towards the front where the both of you found your seats and a door for the back where a guard was blocking.

"We should ask if we can talk to Lay." You say as you and Chen walked towards the guard. "Hello, we would like to see Lay." You say, "We would like to wish him good luck."

"Okay, just give me your names."

"_____ and Chen." You replied as the guard nodded and let the both of you inside.

As the both of you walked through the door you see Lay warming up and pacing back and forth.

"Lay!" You smiled as he looked up and saw Chen and you.

"_____! Chen!" Lay smiled as he hugged us. "I haven't see the two of you in a while. I'm glad you could make it."

"We wouldn't miss it." Chen smiled as he patted Lay on the back.

"We just wanted to say good luck." You smiled.

"Thanks." Lay grinned.

"Hey, after this we should get dinner." Chen said.

"Okay, sounds great." Lay smiled. "I'll see you two here after the show okay?'

"Okay." You smiled as Chen nodded as we walked out and into our seats.

The both of you watch the recital in awe as Lay beautifully played the piano. You knew he was a widow, but it was incredible on how he played.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Wasn't the recital great?" You asked Chen as he nodded.

"This dinner is our celebration for Lay's preformance." Chen said as you nodded and looked at your watch. The recital started at 8 o'clock and ended at 10 o'clock.

"Let's go and find Lay." You smiled as the both of you walked to the place where Lay told you to meet at. As the two of you arrive you see Lay talking to someone then suddenly shrug his shoulders and look at you and Chen.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Chen asked worried.

"Sorry guys, I can't make the dinner tonight. I have to preform one more show." Lay pouted.

"What? Howcome?" You asked confused.

"My manager told me I have to do one more show since so many people are still waiting outside for a show. I don't want to make them feel bad, plus you know I love playing the piano." He replied. "Just go eat dinner without me." He said.

"Oh, okay if you say so." You pout as you give him a quick hug. "Good luck again." You smile sadly as you and Chen walk out hand in hand through the crowd of people walking inside the building.

"_____, hold on okay?" You hear Chen say as he guided you out the sea of people. Within a few minutes the both of you are out of the bulding and inside Chen's car.

"Thanks." You smiled as you buckled up.

"No problem." He grinned. "Let's go get dinner."

"Okay." You nodded as Chen started to drive.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

As you and Chen arrive at the restaurant you saw Chen put something in his pocket.

"What's that?" You asked.

"It's nothing, it's just my wallet." He replied as the both of you walk into the restaurant.

The both of you find a seat and order your food. The both of you sit there talking about memories from years ago that ended up with laughs. After a while your food arrived, the both of you eat while talking still about life and memories until the both of you finished your meals.

"Hey, it's thirty minutes until Christmas Eve." Chen grinned.

"Oh yeah, time passes by fast." You smiled.

"Yeah, but I just can't wait." He smiled as he took out something from his pocket and slid it on the table towards me. "Open it."

"Thank you Chen." You smiled as you opened the box. It had a beautful light blue necklace in it. "Oh my gosh." You say as you cover you mouth. You never expected him to get you anything like a necklace. It obviously looked expensive.

"Thank you so much." You blushed.

"You're welcome." He smiled as he stood up and put the necklace on you. After he put the necklace on your neck he leaned towards your face and whispered. "Did you know how long I've liked you?" He said.

"You do?' You said. "I never knew."

"That's why I always said I love you after almost every conversation we had." He answered as he kissed my cheek. "Merry Early Christmas."

"Thank you Chen. I love you." You blushed. "And I mean it."

"I love you too." He said as he leaned towards you to kiss your lips.