Camera Spotlights

Chasing Perfection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Camera Spotlights

 

 

Even though it was only Hyesung’s first day on the job, she was really busy, running all over the small bar. It seemed like although the Blue Moon Bar was small, there was a large number of regulars who frequented the bar.

“Hey, Hyesung, can you take this to table six?” Yunho called from behind the bar.

Hyesung practically flew over to the counter, taking the tray with a good three bottles of beer balanced on it. “Table six, you said?” she asked. Yunho nodded, not bothering to look at her, instead choosing to flirt with a customer over the bar.

The brunette rolled her eyes, a small smile on her face, and walked over to table six.

Time went on slowly as the hours turned into days. Every day that she worked, Hyesung had earned herself a good handful of generous tips, as well as the under-the-table payment Yunho gave her.

“You’re doing great for a first timer, Hyesung,” Yunho admitted, taking a drink of beer.

Hyesung smiled a little. In the past few days, she’d gotten used to being around Yunho and his strange attitude. He reminded her a bit of Changmin, who liked to joke around. The difference was that with Yunho, she could barely tell when he was joking, at least when she first started.

When they’d first met, he’d pointed to her and asked for her ID to confirm that she was the right age to work in a bar. She didn’t know how to react when he handed her back her ID and told her that she was too old to work in the bar.

Of course, he was joking. But he’d said it with such a straight face that she’d almost believed him.

It got easier as a week passed, then two. The girls came to visit occasionally, Taeyeon shamelessly flirting with Hyesung’s new boss.

Even Changmin came to see her once, but she refused to speak to him.

“Hey, boys, welcome back. Not the full crew today?”

Hyesung looked up to see a group of four boys. One had a round face with cheeks that were adorably round. His shaggy, reddish brown hair fell over his face, his bangs side swept. Another had a sharper face with dark eyes. His dark-brown-slash-black hair was neatly combed down, and he wore a camera around his neck. The tallest of the boys stood behind the two, his light brown hair messy compared to his friend with doe eyes and a baby face, who stood a little shorter than him.

“Hyesung, take care of these guys, okay?” Yunho requested sheepishly. “Their usual table is in the corner. Ignore the fact that there’s only four. Usually, there’s more of them.”

The brunette girl nodded, walking up to the handsome group. “Hello there. Please take your seats, I’ll be with you shortly.”

 

 

 

As the group took their seats, Jongdae whistled, his eyes scanning over the new waitress. “Damn. How did Yunho get a hold of such a kitten?” he mused, looking over Hyesung’s body.

The eldest, Minseok, smacked Jongdae on the back of the head, eliciting a loud string of protests from the younger boy. “Keep it in your pants, troll. She’s a woman, not one of your toys, so treat her like one,” the steamed bun boy hissed, warning the younger to be respectful.

Jongdae pouted, but muttered his agreement.

The brunette waitress waltzed over to the boys, drinks in hand. “Yunho told me you guys are regulars, so he had your usual orders ready,” she explained. “Let’s see… on the Beach for a Jongdae?”

Jongdae raised his hand and gladly accepted the fruity cocktail from the girl. “Thanks, Miss… Hyesung, was it?” he asked cheekily.

Hyesung nodded, rolling her eyes with a small, knowing smile. “Don’t even think about it, kid. I’m working.” Jongdae snickered. “Anyways, there’s a Chocolate Martini for Minseok.”

The eldest of the group, who looked like the youngest, cheered happily, his face lighting up like a kid’s on Christmas. He reached out, making grabbing motions with his hands. Hyesung laughed softly at his childish antics. “Thank you!” he chirped happily.

“And we have a Pink Squirrel for Chanyeol?”

One half of the Twin Towers, as Jongdae enjoyed calling them, raised his hand with his toothy smile. He gladly took his drink, raising it as a toast, then casually sipping it. “Mm. Yunho hyung always did make the best Pink Squirrels.”

“Lastly, a Love Potion #9 for Luhan. I’m guessing it’s you?” She looked directly at Luhan, an eyebrow quirked.

With a serene smile, Luhan nodded. “Ah… thank you,” he replied quietly, carefully picking his drink up once Hyesung set it down.

She put a hand on her hip, eying them for a moment. “Well… call me over if you need anything. Okay, boys?” They all nodded, then turning back to each other, chatting quietly about nothing.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter