On Angel's Wings

Chasing Perfection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

On Angel’s Wings

 

 

“I’m afraid I can’t answer that question.”

Jongdae frowned, crossing his arms over his chest. He leaned back a little. Her answer both disappointed and intrigued him. “Why the hell not?” he demanded, although his demand was gentle as well as forceful.

The small brunette simply shrugged, taking another sip of her tea as she looked away from him.

“Because you’re acting like I know the answer to the question myself.”

Blinking a few times, the younger boy’s eyes widened at her newest response. Then, he smiled, the twinkle in his eyes growing more pronounced.

“Let’s be friends.”

Hyesung’s eyes widened to around the size of golf balls. “Eh?” she choked out, blinking around a thousand times per minute. To say she was shocked by his statement was a gross understatement.

Jongdae’s bright smile only grew at her confusion. “Please, Hyesung? I’ve never had a female friend before, and I think you’re really cool…”

This is starting to sound like a confession…

She crossed her arms, raising an eyebrow. Jongdae almost frowned at her reaction. She wasn’t amused by him as much as he thought she would be. He sighed, wondering just how he’d earn her trust in a short amount of time.

It was then that a miracle happened.

Jongdae’s phone beeped.

From: Zhang Yixing (1:29 PM)
Joonmyeon wants to take us all to the theater tonight at six. Going to see that new movie “Angel Wings…” Some sappy romance, but he’s treating. You up for it?

Jongdae smirked a little, eyeing Hyesung, who was packing her lunch hurriedly, as if she was eager to get away from him.

From: Kim Jongdae (1:30 PM)
I’m in… as long as I can bring a friend.

From: Zhang Yixing (1:30 PM)
Pfft. As if you have any friends other than us. But sure, if you have a new friend, go ahead and bring him!

Jongdae didn’t bother to correct Yixing on the gender of his new friend.

“Hey, Hyesung!” he called out. She froze as she was attempting to tip-toe away without him noticing. His devious smirk grew. “Me and my friends are going to the movies at six tonight. You want to come along as my plus one?” he asked, quirking an eyebrow with a good-natured smile.

She eyed him curiously, wondering just why he was asking her to go with him to meet her friends. “Your friends?” she wondered.

He laughed good-naturedly. “You remember them? Minseok, Chanyeol, and Luhan? There are a few others coming, but I’m sure you’ll like them,” he reassured her. “The guys you met really seem to want to meet you again. Why don’t you come along?” He gave her his best puppy eyes, boring into hers, begging her to come.

A sigh left her lips. “Fine. Six you said? I’ll meet you at the front gates at five.”

He practically beamed. “Fine by me!” he chirped cheerily. “See you then!”

Hyesung sighed as she walked off. As she did, Jongdae snickered, smirking like the Devil behind his hand.

Well… here’s where the fun begins.

 

 

 

Joonmyeon stood outside the theater, chatting happily with Luhan, Sehun, and Yixing. Yixing was babbling on about his dance showcase. Dance was the only topic that could ever get him to start talking and never stop.

Luhan and Sehun were listening intently, intrigued by the other boy’s description of his dance. Sehun was excited that he could possibly enter the same program; dance was one of his passions, too. Luhan, who had been a dancer in high school, had barely danced competitively since the start of his university career. He was just excited for his friend.

With a smile, Joonmyeon checked his phone. Five-thirty.

Tao and Minseok arrived next. “Where’s Jongdae?” Joonmyeon asked them, looking around for their filmmaker friend.

“Oh, he’s bringing someone else,” Minseok replied airily.

Kris and Andi arrived on the scene almost immediately after, bickering over something. Joonmyeon was sure that he could hear the word “puppy” in there, and he instantly knew what they were arguing about.

He snickered a little, listening to them argue over what breed of puppy they were going to get to celebrate their anniversary later that year.

“Husky!”

“You moron, huskies are too big! I say we get a Westie!”

“No! That’s a girl’s dog!”

“I’m a girl, smart one!”

“Well, I’m not!”

The six other boys shook their heads, amusement glinting in their eyes over the stupidity of the couple. Without even caring that they were in front of their friends, they continued to argue.

Next to show up were Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and Jimin. Jimin waved, holding Chanyeol’s hand with a pretty, pink blush covering her face. She then hid herself behind her taller boyfriend. Chanyeol squeezed her hand gently, assuring her it was going to be okay. “Yo, guys!” he cheered, his goofy smile returning to his face.

Baekhyun made eye contact with Joonmyeon, silently apologizing once more. Joonmyeon had already forgiven Baekhyun, and just shook his head, his eyes telling his good friend everything that he needed to know. Baekhyun’s shoulders slumped in relief, a smile coming back onto his face.

Kyungsoo and Jongin arrived as well, Jongin dragging along Hanbyul. She seemed bored, often shooting glares at Jongin. Joonmye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter