Finding a Job (Part1)

TWIN HEARTS

 

               You and L.Joe were in the school cafeteria eating lunch together as usual. But you were still bothered about the incident this morning; you seem not in your normal self. This was able to notice by Byung hun, of course.

               “you-ah , gwenchana?” Byung hun snapped you out from your deep thought. “Eh?” you suddenly blinked up at him.

               “I’ve been talking here, but you seem not listening.” Byung hun pouted at the thought of not having his girlfriend’s attention but he was more worried about the thoughts running in your head at that moment, “gwenchana?” he worriedly asked again.

               “Oh, ye, gwenchana.  Mianhae oppa, what are you saying again?” you forced a smile to ease the worries of your boyfriend.

              “I was asking if you would want to go out again after school?” Byunghun asked.

               “Uh, em. Ani. Let’s just go some other time. Is it okay oppa?” you answered and guiltily looked at him, it was the first time you declined his invitation. You of course felt bad about it but you thought its better not to tell him your situation for now.

               “Wae? Is there a problem that you didn’t tell me, you-ah?” Byunghun gradually search for your face and directly looked unto your eyes with his pure and sincerity.

               “Andiyo, he he” you denied and faked a laugh to avoid the question, “I really am alright” you insisted and avoided his stares.

               “You sure?” Byung hun continued to questioned you but you were just too secretive to tell him.

               “Neumo chinchana, oppa.” You nodding-ly smiled and continued to dig up on your food to fully cover up the questioning session.

               “Babo, you-ah. You’re not so good in lying. And your eyes tell!” Byung hun shook his head and leaned back to his seat. He attentively watched you while eating and couldn’t help but to think that there was really something wrong in your mood today which he knew you wasn’t used to be. You would secretly watch him in the corner of your eyes, you could already tell Byung hun was suspecting your action by just the way he looked at you. You continued to eat before you could even give him another chance to question you again.

                “Mian oppa, I just don’t have guts to tell you this burden again. I don’t want you to go frantic and do everything just to help me out yet again.”  You thought somewhat remorseful for lying to your boyfriend which you don’t usually do.

                 The bell rang for afternoon classes.

                 “Oh, oppa, time already.” You said.

                 “Oh, right.  Come on.”  Byung hun stood up and took your hand. He walked you to your room, holding hands. Your mind was still in distant that you don’t even realize that you already arrived.

                 “Here.” Your boyfriend snapped you out yet again.

                 “Oh, ye. Komawo oppa.” You meekly smiled.

                 “See you after class.” Byunghun said and peek a kiss on your cheek.

                 “Ye.” You just answered and nodded.

                 “I’ll be going now.”  You watched him left and wait until he finally disappeared at the corner.

                 “I need to have work.” You mumbled. “…. I really should find job.”

                 

                 After minutes thinking, you finally decided to just skip on the class. You come in to your room to get your bag.

                 “Yah, where are you going? Class will start soon!” Your close friend and sit mate Hae Ra curiously asked.

                 “I have important things to do, can you please excuse me in the class?” you readily slung your bag pack in your back and stood in front of Hae Ra.

                 “Wae? Is there a problem, you?” Hae Ra asked obliviously.

                 “Oh, just please excuse me in the class, arra?” you said and run to the door.

                 “Yah! you!” you heard Hae Ra called but you didn’t looked back instead continued run out, leaving the school.

 

                 You warily strode off the busy city of Seoul. You checked on every mart, coffee shop, cafe, etc. Trying your luck on each store to find a job. Anything would be fine, you thought. Just at least you could earn money, you would bare anything. You almost tried everything, but you seem like losing hope since no one would accept you.

                 “I’m sorry, we’re full of workers.”

                 “You’re too young.”

                 “Better luck next time.”

                 “Just concentrate in your school, young lady.”

 

                 Those are the words that the owners would say. You even tried to beg them to understand your situation but they couldn’t do anything about it.

                 “Ajussi, I beg you. I really need a job. Don’t worry I’m a hard worker, I can do everything.” You tugged on the manager’s arm of the coffee shop and beg for help.

                 “Haish, this stubborn kid! Get out of my shop.” The manager shove  you away and dragged you outside his coffee shop.

                 “Ajussi jibal,.......... sir.” you begged.

                 “HAISH!” Getting irritated, he pushed you enough to make you stumble in the ground. Your knees crashed on the solid and rough floor.

                 “Ow.” You winced in pain and saw a reddish scratch on your knees. The manager warned you again to not come again before he goes inside and left you still on the floor.

 

                  You felt the pain in your knees but  the pain is not compared at the feeling you have of being rejected again. You heave a deep sigh and slowly stood up, dusted your uniform and tried another shop to another, dismally you got another result. You glanced on your watched and realized that, “Oh, it’s already 5 o’clock?” you looked around to find for something to sit on and finally saw a small fountain. You approach it and sat on the bench beside it. 

                   “Why is it so hard to find a job?” you sighed in umpteenth times.

 

                   The thing you usually do when you felt very down is to looked up in the sky and would think of your mom, "Umma, if you were here will everything be alright?" by just that thought a tears skipped from your eyes.

 

 

 

 

________________________________________________

Oh, annyeong? Long time no update.

SORRY, is the only thing I could say.. We all knew school is the main reason of writer block. LOL ~ you know what I mean.

Anyway, this is chapter is cut. The continuition will be at the next chappy!

50 subs? sobs/ I felt bad for not updating..... T____T for subscribing

THANK YOU AGAIN you for subscribing, I will appreciate it if you comment