Dad Left

TWIN HEARTS

 

Byunghun insisted to stay at your house until your Dad arrives. You tried to refuse but he persisted. Your boyfriend might be intelligent and smart but he could be very stubborn too.

“Fine,” you sighed in the end. “But let me give a call to Mom, I don’t want her to worry for you.” Byunghun nodded and handed his phone to you. You dialed his mother’s number and waited until the other line answered.

‘Byunghun ah, where are you?’ his mother asked as soon as she answered the call.

“Oh Mom, this is Hyerin.” you said.

‘Oh sweetie? Why is Byunghun’s phone with you? Where is he?’

“He’s with me right now,” you informed and eyed your boyfriend at your side telling him to talk, “Yes, Mom I’m here.” Byunghun said, chuckling.

‘Aww that’s good. But, is he staying for a night?’ his mother asked again.

“Well, Mom it depends-” Byunghun answered but you elbowed him and continued to answer instead, “No, Mom he’ll go home just until my Dad arrives. Will that be okay, Mom?”

‘Of course, my dear. If he needs to stay there for you tonight, that will be okay too. But not in the same room, okay?’ Byunghun’s mother answered jokingly.

You and Byunghun looked at each other, and said “Mom” in unison.

‘He he, you two are so cute. I know you guys, I trust you. Just call me if you’re staying for a night. If not, I’ll tell Mr. Goo to fetch you there. Hmm?’ his mother said.

“Yes, Mom.” You ended the call.

 

You and Byunghun decided to watch TV while waiting for your Dad. You kept looking at your phone, checking if your Dad call or sent a message.

Seeing none, you glanced at the wall clock and checked the time. It’s already past 11 in the evening. You grew worried. Yes sure, your Dad would sometimes stay overtime at night but only until 9pm.

You kept on looking at the time and your phone, worriedly. Byunghun could also sense your mind but he tried to keep you calm.

“Hyerin ah,” Byunghun put his hand on your shoulder and gave it a squeeze. “Stop worrying, nothing bad happen, nothing will.” you looked at him hesitantly nodding and held his hand on your shoulder.

“We’ve just been going through with this, these past two days. I’m still not used to it.” You sighed, still worrying.

“I’m here,” Byunghun rested your head in his chest and gently held you in his arms. “You know I can always extend my help to you, just let me talk to my parents and”

“No,” you shook your head in disapproval “I’m not letting you to do that. You knew that, Oppa. I won’t ever allow you to talk to your parents about helping us.”

“But,”

“No, Oppa. No” you shook your head again. Byunghun sighed and just held you in his arms tightly. Little did he know a tear skip from your eyes which you immediately wipe away.

After a minute of cuddling, you both fell asleep. You in his arms and him with your warm.

 

Morning came. The loud sound of the door banging made you and Byunghun stirred up in your deep sleep. You both grunt as the pain from the uncomfortable position suddenly strike your body. You faced Byunghun whom you thought suffered a lot last night. He was still rubbing his eyes while stretching his right arm.

“Oppa, are you okay?” you worriedly asked. He smiled and nodded. Another loud banging was heard from your door way again.

You curiously looked at the loud sound and tried to stand up but Byunghun held you down, “Let me” he just said and walked towards the door.

Byunghun nervously sighed before slowly opening the door. There he saw a group of men in suits. “What can we do for you?” he asked.

“Where’s Mr. Shin?” the leader of the group asked. Byunghun eyed them suspiciously and asked him back instead, “What do you want from him?”

“He exceed the time we had given him, and now we want him to pay up or else we’re gonna get everything from him.” The guy answered and pushed the door to open it widely making him and his companies get inside the house. Byunghun panicked and blocked the way of their leader.

“Ahjussi, he’s not here. He still hasn’t come home yet. Can you wait for him first?” Byunghun pleaded.

“No, we have given him enough time. Beside, who knows he might have already escape that’s why he never came home, hm?” the guy smirked and faced his men, “Mark everything in this house.” He ordered.

You stood up eyes widened as the men started to room around your place and marked everything as theirs, “What are you doing?” you thrilled.

“So, you are his daughter?” their leader approached you. “Hyerin right? Geum Hyerin?”

You grabbed his right arm and looked at him pleadingly, “Ahjussi, just give us more time. I’ll make sure to pay up everything.”

“What are you gonna pay? You’re just a mere student, right? I’m sorry young lady, but business is business.” The guy said and shrugged you off, making you fell in the ground. Byunghun’s eyes widened and ran to your side, helping you to stand up.

You started to sob while looking around, seeing your and Dad’s properties taken away.

As they were done, his men left but their leader stayed for a while and faced you. “I’m giving you one day to leave this house, so don’t let me drag you out here young lady.” With that, he left the place.

You cried out, while Byunghun felt so helpless. He wanted to help you but he knew you wouldn’t accept it. He hugged you as you break down and fell again in your knees.

“W-hat am I and Da-d gon-na do n-ow?” you cried hard.

“Shush, I’m here Hyerin ah. I’ll never leave you.” Byunghun tried to calm you down as he rubbed your back.

 

From that the same day, you tried to contact your father but he never pick up. You even tried to looked up for him but he’s nowhere to be seen.

 

And just like that, your Dad left without a word.

________________________________________________________________________________

 

Updates and new poster!!!

Thanks for still reading.