Chapter 8

Your Love, My Life

"Kim, open the door." Baifern asked after three times of knocking.

"Hey!" Kim smiled as she widened the door open. "How's your day?"

"Good, I just had a meeting with the council and they would like to know your progress." Baifern sat on Kim's bed and looked around.

 Kim giggles, "What are you sniffing around?"

"Hmm.. Nothing. So?"

"What do you mean so?"

"Spit it out Kim"

Kim released naughty smile and hugged Baifern. "Oh Bai.. I am so happy.."

Bai hugged her back and smiled, "I am glad. May I know why?" Kim released and face her. "I love her."

Bai raised an eyebrow, "Who?" And realized who they are talking about.. "Oh no.."

Kim giggles, "I know. Please don't hate me."

"Kim are you nuts? She's a human!" Baifern walked back and forth in the room. "..and this is not even allowed!"

Kim held her hand, "Hey, calm down.. I know that. Come here let's talk about this."

Kim pat her side of the bed. Bai let go of her hand and refused to take a seat, "No! How could you Kim? This was not part of your mission!"

Kim sighs and stood up to face Baifern. "Bai.. Please. Try to listen to me first. Please." Bai released a few deep breaths and face Kim.

Kim smiled, "Bai, you're my bestfriend, I know I can trust you on this. I know that what I am doing right now was not part of the mission. But I love her Bai. I never felt this happy all my life. Please give me this chance."

Bai smiled sarcastically, "Yeah? What about us Kim? What about your family? You promised to protect us.."

"And I will Bai. Pie is kind and maybe the most trustworthy human I've ever met in my life. She will bring no harm to us."

Bai, teary eyed, held Kim's face with both hands. "How do you protect her from you Kim?" Kim paused. "The more you are with her, the more she gets in trouble. The council will know, they always do eventually and you know that. You will put her life in danger Kim."

Kim took a seat and covers her face. "I will protect her.."

"From your own kind?"

"I.. I'm sure the higher class vampires will do no trouble to humans. We will just have to make sure the word does not get out to the lower class or else they'd go around the gate and attack whoever gets in the way."

"How will you contain the word if this word gets to the council? You know we have been practicing transparency here."

Kim stood up and held Bai's hands. "Bai, you will help me right? Please say you will.."

Bai pauses, and released a sigh, "You're my bestfriend Kim.. I can help you in any ways possible.. But I cannot help you alone. You need to tell Van about this." Kim raised an eyebrow, "Why would I do that?"

"Because he is expecting you to marry him in 11 months and that news was already out. If you are not here to bind with him on that day they will investigate and has 100% chance to know why."

Kim paused, "Hmm.. Okay, I will tell him."

"Be very gentle about it Kim."

Kim smiled, "Its not like it will break his heart anyway. I'll tell him as soon as I see him."

Bai smiled, "It will break his heart. He is inlove with you Kim."

Kim laughs into the idea, "Impossible."

Baifern shook her head smiling, "I warned you."

Kim sighs and hugged her, "Bai, thank you. I would never survive without you."

Bai put a sad smile. This is because I love you Kim.. 

"Pie! Aren't you going to school? It's already 8am and you'll be late." Pie mom calls.

Pie, on the other hand, has been lying in bed all night awake. I cant.. I cant believe it was all a dream.. How did I ended up here? It look so real.. it actually felt so real.. she smiled as she remembers Kim's kiss.. God.. what is happening to me..

"Pie!" Her mom calls again.

"Coming ma!" Pie study herself in the mirror. Okay, Pie.. Calm down.. It was a dream.. a scary romantic beautiful.. and hot dream.. she blushed on the thought and shook her head. God, no!

"Yam!" Kim calls. "Is Pie doing okay?"

Yam smiled, "Hi Kim. I don't know.. She never missed classes.. I will go and visit her later to see what's going on.."

"Well, can I come too?"

"Of course. Wait, you were with her yesterday right? Didn't she say anything to you?"

Kim shrug her shoulders, "Nothing. Say like what?"

"Like anything.. about coffee, or.. or anything.."

Kim giggles, "She would like to talk about coffee?"

Yam smiled, "I know, that's weird right?" Whew.. So she didn't asked her..

Kim giggles again, "Kinda, but cute. I hope she comes in today.."

Yam pauses, "Hey.. uhm, I was just wondering.. How do you find my bestfriend?"

"Meaning?"

Yam clears , "I mean, how do you.. think of her? As a woman. As a friend."

Kim smiled, "Well.. I find her really beautiful, and smart, and kind.. She is very sweet and taste sweeter even.."

Yam immediately turn her head in surprise, "Taste sweeter?"

Kim pauses, "I mean, she makes me feel happy.. like a drug.. a happy pill. That taste sweeter.." Kim clears .

Yam nods.. "Ahh.. Yep, she makes people happy.. That's what she is.."

"Do you think she likes someone?"

Yam pauses. "I.. I think so.. Why do you ask? Do you feel like she is liking someone?"

Kim smiled, "No.. Not really. Who's the lucky guy?"

Yam smiled, "She did not say it was a guy specifically.."

Kim pauses, and smiled. "I would never thought she will get to like a girl."

Yam giggles, "Well, who knows?" They both laugh at the topic when Pie arrived. Oh my god.. Kim..

"Yam, good moring.. Kim.." Pie reluctantly greeteed Kim.. 

Yam hugged her, "What happened? I was worried about you not coming to school on time.."

Pie smiled, "I.. I didn't get enough sleep last night, so I figured to skipped the first two subjects.."

"Are you okay Pie?"

Pie nods without looking at Kim. "Uhuh.. Shall we go inside now?"

"Let's go then.."

"Talk later." Yam whispered. "See you later guys, need to do some cooking." Yam separated from the two of them to attend her baking class and left them in silence.. Pie shook her head.. Come on Pie..

She clears , "K-Kim.."

"Hmm? " Kim pauses and looked at her smiling. "Are you really okay, Pie?"

Pie blushes upon looking at Kim's lips, "Hmm.. err. Were we together.. yesterday?"

Kim smiled, "We are always together everyday Pie. Is something wrong?"

Pie shook her head and clears again, "I.. I just had a weird.. hmm.. dream, about you."

Kim smiled and moved closer, "Really, what kind of dream?"

Pie tried to release a laugh, and snapped at the idea, "Never mind. It was weird. But I don't think that's possible."

Kim held her hand just before she can walk away, "Tell me how weird it is.."

There it is again.. The dark brown eyed Kim.. That smile.. those eyes.. lips.. Pie shook her head, "Its nothing. I'm gonna be late on my next class now, see you later Kim."

Kim smiled and releases her hand, "Sure thing Pie.."

Get your act together Pie.. you are acting really weird.. stop it. "Pie!" Kim calls just before she enters the room, she turn her face to see her. 

"I am always here love." Oh god..