Chapter 1

Your Love, My Life

"Kim.."

 

Kim hurriedly jumped off from the tree as Van called her out from the ground.

 

"What are you doing up there?" He asked

 

"Uh.. Nothing. Just getting some air." She walks to avoid conversation

 

"Kim.."

 

"Van please. Not now."

 

"I want to know what's going on with you. You've been acting weird lately."

 

"I'm fine, alright? I just got a lot of things in my head."

 

Van shows a picture. "Things like this?"

 

She widened her eyes as she immediately took the picture. "Give me that!"

 

"Oops!" He grins as he hid the picture back. "Who is she Kim? Why do you have her picture?"

 

Van lost the picture in his hand as Kim disappeared in his sight in a split seconds. He fixed his hair and chuckles. What a bratt.. Now where is that woman?

 

Kim dropped her back in the bed as she look at the picture again. Pie.. Such a beautiful name for a beautiful mortal.. 

 

"I know you're in there." Van calls outside her bedroom door

 

She hissed. "What do you want Van?"

 

"Let me in."

 

"Don't."

 

"Let me in or I'll break your door."

 

She released a sigh and opened the door. "What?!"

 

He giggles. "Why are you so mad? I was just asking for a little time of you. You seemed too pre-occupied this days."

 

"Why do you care?"

 

"Well, I miss you."

 

"Ugh. Van, forget it okay? They can't force us to get married just to keep the tradition running. Why don't you marry someone else instead?"

 

"Hahaha! Are you kidding me? I'd love to. But it can't be, you know that."

 

She sighs. Van chuckles. "Kim.. You are the only one who can save our kind."

 

"Not that again Van.." She started walking out as Van stopped her

 

"Kim.. You're the only one left in the royal family. Your pure blood will --"

 

"Shut up okay?" Van sighs. She continues. "I know that already so stop explaining it all over again."

 

"You have to understand Kim, lower class Vampires are slowly dying out.. If lower class creates another lower class the humanity will be in danger. Can you see my point here?"

 

"Tsss! Okay, okay!"

 

Van pauses. "So.."

 

"So? What? Can you get out of my room now?"

 

He grins. "Tell me."

 

She hissed. "Fine! I'll marry you. Not today. Not tomorrow. Wait until I'm 21."

 

He raised his eyebrow. "That's 11 months."

 

She widened her smile. "Exactly my point. I still have 11 months to enjoy my freedom.. 11 months for you to leave me alone!"

 

"Whoa! Tiger, you're changing your eye color again. I hate it when you do that."

 

"What? You're scared?"

 

He smiled. "Nope, I find it really attractive."

 

She rolled her eyes. "Ugh! Get out!"

 

"Haha fine!" He giggles as he heads to the door. "But wait."

 

"What?!"

 

"Who's that girl in the picture huh?"

 

"None of your business!" She pushed him out. "Tsss! Jerk."

 

Door knocks again after few seconds

 

"Get lost Van!"

 

"Kim, it's me.  Open up."

 

Oh shoot! Baifern! She hurriedly opened the door. "Hi! S-Sorry.."

 

She smiled. "Van was here?"

 

"Yeah. Freaking me out about the marriage thing."

 

"Hahaha! So what's the plan?" 

 

"Ugh. In 11 months." She lay in her bed

 

Bai sat beside her. "Kim.. You don't really have to marry him."

 

Kim smiled & faces her. "That's what I really like you Bai.. You're very supportive to what I do and what I don't want to do.."

 

She smiled. "You're my friend Kim. I care about you more than anyone else."

 

Kim held her hand. "I'm just glad they didn't kick you off from the council because you're being close to me."

 

"Being on a council doesn't have anything to do with me, being so close to you.."

 

Kim throw her a teasing smile. She blushed. "..and besides, you're popular because you're the only Royal's descendant. You might be a jerk sometimes but everybody here still want your attention hoping they'll be your friend too."

 

"Because they want to be popular?"

 

She shrugs. "Maybe."

 

"Maybe?"

 

"Yep. Maybe yes, maybe no. Some of them might want to put yourself in danger. If you're gone, other classes especially lower ones might rule the immortals. So you'd better be careful on choosing your friends."

 

"Hahaha! Sounds exciting.."

 

She narrowed her eyes. "I'm serious Kim."

 

Kim giggles. "Alright.. I'll take your advice. Don't worry Bai, I'll be okay."

 

"You should be. And by the way, before I forget. I actually came here to tell you there is a weird news brought up to the council last night. A girl from the day school is roaming around the campus for the past 2 nights. Someone from class A said he saw her taking pictures on each corner of the mansion."

 

"Gee, why would she do that? I mean, what for?"

 

"That's why I said it's weird. Everybody in this community, I guess, is oriented about the policy the mansion has. The council's concern is the girl's safety. What if the lower class have seen her instead? It could be really dangerous."

 

"Tsk. So what is the council's option?"

 

"They voted to send you to the day school to watch over the girl's actions. Warn her if you must, BUT DO NOT LET HER KNOW WHAT YOU ARE. You'll put yourself at risk."

 

"What?! Why me? I don't want to be at the day school come on!"

 

"Class A and royals are the only one allowed to get out of the mansion as they are perfectly wearing that 'human' look."

 

"You mean handsome as me?" She teases

 

Bai sighs. "Nope, as beautiful as you."

 

"Haha.. I get it. But hey, you are in the class A too. And the rest of the council! Why --"

 

"Because we voted for you. And you are not allowed to vote. But even if you are, we will still win as you are the only royal left. 1 vote over 20 votes of the council. Wouldn't you agree?"

 

"Aaargh! Sounds not fair at all."

 

"Are you happy to do this Kim? We will talk to the day school's principal as soon as you've decided."

 

"Do you think I'm happy? Come on Bai.. You know me. I don't want to go on a day light."

 

"Enough Kim. It's been decided."

 

"I thought you'll wait until I decide?"

 

She giggles. "Sorry dear. I forgot to say that you've got no other choice. Here." She hands the picture.

 

"That's the girl. Her name is Pie. She and her family just moved in from the city few months ago. She's your mission."

 

Kim pauses and locked her eyes to the picture.. Oh.. This girl..

 

"Kim? Are you listening to me?"

 

:Uh! Y-Yeah.."

 

"So what do you think?"

 

"She's really beautiful.."

 

"What? I mean, what do you think about the council's plan! I'm not asking of what you think of her!"

 

"Oh! Sorry.. Hahaha. Sounds a good plan!"

 

Bai rolled her eyes. "Just do it. Okay? You'll start tomorrow. Give me reports every week."

 

Kim nods. "Okay.."

 

"Right. I'll leave now."

 

Kim nods again and lie in her bed not taking off her eyes on the picture. Bai raised her eyebrow and walked out.

 

Geez.. Pie.. I wonder how it taste like.. She giggles with her naughty thoughts.