Chapter 6

Your Love, My Life

The class is over when Pie realized she learned nothing; rather, she didnt pay attention to the lecture. She sighs.

Yam raised an eyebrow just beside her, "What was that for?"

"What do u mean?"

"I mean the sigh thing Pie. Are you alright? First, you looked really tired today, like you haven't slept for years. Then you didnt pay attention to the class, and now you exhale like you smoked something. Have you been on drugs?"

"What? Hahaha! Crazy. Im not, you know that."

"What happened to you then?"

"Hmm.." She sighs again. "I honestly dont know Yam. Ive been acting like crazy."

Yam pauses. "Okay, I think we need to talk about that. Let's ditch the next subject. Let's go." She grabbed her hand.

"But where are we going?"

"Somewhere we can talk."

Pie lay her body as they reached the rooftop. Yam sat beside her.

"So what's bothering you really?"

She took a minute to answer, then she breathes. "Its Kim."

Yam smiled. "You like her, do you?"

"I wish thats the only reason."

"Is there any other reason?" If I tell Yam what I think about Kim she would say I've gone crazy..

"Pie?"

"She's a girl Yam. It's not normal." She had to lie.

"Wow. Since when did you become a homophobic?"

Pie chuckles. "I didnt mean it in a bad way. I mean, err.. My family cant accept that."

"You wouldnt know until you give it a try. Do you really like her that much?"

She pauses. Do I really like her? Or this is just getting weird because im getting crazy with these cards and stuff.

"I.. Im not really sure Yam."

She chuckles. "Then there's only one way to know how you truly feel."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"Ask her out."

"You're kidding right?"

Yam shook her head to answer.

"I cant do that Yam. What would she think about me? What if she doesnt like me and she'll find it weird if I ask her out?"

"What if you try asking first? I doubt she will refuse any kind of invitation from you."

"We're just friends. Nothing special."

"That's the point. You ask her out as a friend. Go on for a cup of coffee or have a tour at the Zoo or somewhere."

"How does that work for me?"

"You will know whether you really like her or not."

"How?"

"You'll know it when it gets into your heart Pie."

Pie pauses as she collect her thoughts.

Yam smiled. "I'll ask her out for you."

"No!" She instantly protest which made Yam burst into laughs

"Stop it Yam. It wasnt funny." She frowns

"See? You got jealous in instant. Hahaha!"

"Of course not. Its just.."

"Its what?" Yam teases smiling

"Hi." 

"Kim!" Pie blushed as Yam teases continuosly

"I was looking for you everywhere. You two didnt attend the next class." Kim smiled explaning

"Uh.." Pie searched for words

"We were just talking about you Kim." Yam said giggling as Pie instantly covered

Kim smiled sheepishly. "Really? Whats about me that got your interest?"

Pie felt her face all red "Uh.. Hmm.. Err, we.. We were just w-wondering about you.. I mean h-how hard, maybe, how hard it was for you to.. to transfer here and leave your life abroad." 

Yam giggles. Kim smiled and sat beside Pie.

"Is that it? Hmm.. Well it wasnt that easy. At first i freaked out of the thought of transferring. But im so glad i didnt fight the idea coz im really glad i met you."

Yam clears . "Well in that case my friend.. Im out of here."

Pie blushed in panic. "W-Where are you going?"

"I have a thing called class Pie." Yam smiled as she started walking behind them

"But how about me?" Pie looked for escape

Yam giggles. "You have a thing called dating Pie."

"What??" Pie stood up to follow Yam but Kim grabbed her hand

Kim smiled. "We need to talk."

She felt her stomach rumbling and she's losing her breath as Yam disappeared.

Pie felt her knees shaking so she has to take the floor again to save herself.

"Are you alright Pie?"

She nods. Kim smiled and sat beside her.

"What is it?"

Kim gave the innocent smile. "What do you mean?"

"Y-You said we need to talk.."

Kim smiled again. Her heart trembles. "Will you stop giving me that smile?"

"Does it bother you?"

"No. I mean.. Yes. Im trying to have a serious conversation here."

Kim clears . "Okay.. Where do you want to start?"

"Start from the very beggining."

Kim releases a sigh. "Do you trust me Pie?"

She nods. Kim smiled. "How much do you trust me?"

"Im not s-sure.."

"Then you should trust me more than what you think that you trust me."

"How would that help me on whatever that you would like to talk to me about?"

"Pie, it is important that you trust whatever I say to you right now." Kim moved closer that words came out like a whisper.

Oh my god.. "W-What is it, Kim?"

"Pie.." Kim moved another inch closer.

Is she going to kiss me? Oh god.. "K-Kim.."

"I like your scent."

Pie paused. My what?! 

"You are making me feel protective of you.."

"How does that relate to my scent?" Now this  is getting weird..

Kim inhales deeply, and smiled. "I am one of night students and I am here to protect you."

Pie dropped open. A night student? "I'm.. I'm confused.. Why do you need to protect me?" My heartbeat's fast.. calm down Pie.. calm down..

Kim smiled and held her hand. "Because I was sent here to watch you, to protect my family from you, but I realized I want to do otherwise."

Now I am confused more.. "I.. I don't understand. Why do you need to protect me from your family?"

Kim took the last space between them and landed the kiss on Pie's lips..

Surprisingly, Pie took the kiss passionately and gave it back to Kim.. In a split of seconds.. Images were in her head.. Baifern.. The mansion.. Some night students faces.. Kim.. The dark brown eyed Kim.. that turns to red.. Kim smiled.. A vampire. Pie pushed herself back and shook her head. Kim smiled. "What did you learn?"

Pie, still in shock, inhales and exhales rapidly trying to calm herself on the secrets that were seen through a kiss.. from a vampire.