Chapter 3

Your Love, My Life

This is crazy.. I can't focus! Argh!  Pie controlled herself not to turn her head at the back where Kim is sitting.

 

She dropped her pen purposely. Kim smiled and got the pen in instant..

 

"You dropped this." She says with her face closer to her

 

She felt her muscles tighten and her heart in panic again. Calm down.. Calm down..

 

"T-Thanks.." She smiled and took the pen

 

"You owe me a lot now." Kim teases without letting her hand go

 

"I.. I noticed.." She swallowed

 

"You do smell good Pie.." She whispers

 

Her heart palpitates. "W-What?"

 

School bells

 

"Ehrm! Class is over.." Yam giggles

 

Kim smiled. "See you around.."

 

Oh god.. I think im gonna have a heart attack.. Pie breathes out when Kim left.

 

Yam grins. "So have you learned something today Ms Manaying?"

 

"O-Of course.."

 

"Haha Yeah.. like you were really listening. I doubt where you'd get the answer for the assignment.."

 

"T-That's easy.. I surely can finish it in less than 10 minutes.."

 

"Hahaha! Well lady.. We dont have an assignment. Im just playing tricks on you. So you're not actually listening."

 

What's happening to me.. She tap her forehead

 

"Let's go home.. You need to rest.. Its weekend tomorrow so I might visit you and let's bake cookies." 

 

She nods and they head to the gate.

 

"Oh shoot! I forgot my umbrella.. Wait here Pie I'll be back." Yam hurriedly ran back to the classroom as she patiently sat down on the bench.

 

"Hi there.."

 

"H-Hi!" Why am I so nervous having her around?

 

"Heading home?" Kim smiled cheerfuly

 

She nods and smiled back. "Just waiting for my friend.."

 

"I see.. Can I sit here?"

 

"Yeah.. Sorry.."

 

Kim smiled and sat beside her "This is awesome.."

 

"The school?"

 

"Yep, and the community itself.. Very province like.. No pollution, clean water, fresh fruits and vegetables.. Beautiful people.."

 

Pie smiled. "I'm glad you appreciate the place.. I don't feel the same way when we arrived here.. But I totally love the place now.."

 

Kim giggles "I say first impression doesn't always last.."

 

"You could say that. People were really welcoming.."

 

She smiled and stare at her. "My name is Kim. Im sorry I didn't get the chance to introduce myself properly.." 

 

Pie smiled and took her handshake. She pauses.. 

 

Kim smiled awkwardly and took her hand back. "Sorry.. My hands gets cold everytime I talk to a pretty girl.."

 

She blushed. Kim giggles. "I love it when you're blushing.."

 

"I.. I'm not blushing.." She avoided her eyes

 

"Of course you are.. Let me see that again." Kim touches her face to get a closer look. Their eyes met and locked to each other..

 

Oh no Pie.. 

 

"Kim."

 

Kim lets go of her face and turn to Baifern's direction. "Bai.. I've been waiting for you."

 

Bai smiled and faces her. "Sorry I'm late. Got things to do. Who's your friend here?"

 

"Ah, this is Pie.. She's my first friend here. Pie, this is my sister Baifern."

 

Baifern offered a handshake. "We're not actually sisters. But we treated each other like one."

 

Pie smiled and accept her hand. Cold.. Now this is weird..

 

"Nice to meet you.."

 

"Pie.." Yam calls approaching

 

Pie smiled. "This is my friend, Yam. These are the new people here, Kim and her sister Baifern."

 

Yam smiled and nods.

 

"We better go ladies.. Let's go Kim." Bai walks and heads to her car

 

"See you around beautiful.." Kim winked at her just before she follows Bai.

 

Yam grins and faces her. "I was just like 5 minutes gone and you got yourself a lovelife."

 

She widened her eyes "Yam!"

 

"What? Come on! Share your story young lady!" Yam insist as they walked their way home

 

Pie giggles. "You sound like my mom."

 

"Well atleast I dont sound like that sister of Kim.."

 

Pie pauses. "Why?"

 

"What do you mean why?"

 

"I can sense that you don't like her."

 

"She doesn't like me too I can say. She didn't even offer me a handshake."

 

She shrugs. "Maybe they were in a hurry."

 

"Hmm yeah alright.. So since the prince like Kim will be the love of your life here, I'll scrap the bossy type sister of my block list."

 

"It's not like that Yam.. I mean, they are new here.. Maybe they are still on adjustments.."

 

"New? Really Pie? You believe that?"

 

She pauses. "I.. I dont know.. Im not sure if its Kim.."

 

"The one you said you met that night?"

 

She nods. Yam sighs. "You didn't ask her?"

 

"I forgot."

 

"Hmm.. You seemed to be forgetful these days.." Yam teases

 

"Oh please." They giggles.

 

3 hours later and Pie couldn't get a bit of sleep..

 

Ugh! What's wrong with me?! She the light and took her book in her drawer. 

 

A card? She opened the card and found a blue rose petals clipped inside

 

Petals for a genuine heart..

Blue rose from a royal blood..

Sweetdreams beautiful..

 

No sender's name? Weirdo. She put the card back on her drawer and lay in her bed again, starting to scan. 

 

Split of seconds and Kim's face appear in her mind again.

 

Arrgh! This is ridiculous! She puts down her book, take on her hoodie & camera and decided to take a little walk outside. 

 

100 meters away from their house when she heard footsteps. She checked her watch. 8:30 pm. Must be the night students. Just perfect. She smiled on her thoughts as she silently peek on the road near mansion.

 

Where are they? She hid in the tree as she heard another footsteps. 

 

"What are you doing here at this late hour huh?"

 

She jumped off her feet as Kim appeared at her back. "Geez! You scared me!"

 

Kim giggles. "I'm sorry, didn't mean to. Are you okay?"

 

She calm herself and faces her. "You." Kim raises her eyebrow. "What are you doing here?" She continues

 

Kim pauses.. and smiled. "I can't sleep."

 

She searched for reasons. "I.. I can't sleep too." Actually true.

 

"..and decided to have a little walk." She added

 

Kim smiled. "Looks like we're bound to bump with each other for same reason."

 

Pie pauses. "Hmm.. K-Kim.."

 

"Yes Pie, we've met."

 

She looked at her and confirmed the familiarity. Kim smiled. "I can see from that look that you remember me."

 

Pie nods. "Yes, I remember you. What were you doing here that night?" She took the chance to ask

 

She shrugs. "I couldn't sleep. Obviously, I took a little walk. Just like what you're doing now."

 

"Y-You're.. You're not from the night school?"

 

Kim smiled. "Is that the mansion they called the night school?"

 

She nods. "Its creepy at night. But its beautiful when you look at it in the morning."

 

"Yeah, I can see that. You've been taking pictures of them."

 

So that's how she figured the camera's mine. Pie thought

 

"Do you mind if I accompany you to your house? It's getting really late you know." Kim suggests

 

She shook her head. "Dont bother Kim. I can manage.. It's near. Where's yours?"

 

"Kilometer away from here.."

 

"You walked this far just because you can't sleep?"

 

Kim giggles. "I jogged. I do exercises at night."

 

"I see.." No wonder you're somewhat skinny. She smiled with her thought.

 

"I'm vegetarian." Kim added

 

Gee. What a mind reader. Pie chuckles

 

"What's that for?" Kim asked as they started walking

 

"That." Kim mimics her chuckles and she laughs

 

"Hahaha you're funny. It's nothing don't mind it."

 

Kim smiled. "Smiling fits good on you Pie."

 

She blushed. "Stop it."

 

"But its true.."

 

"I know alright? J-Just stop it. Its embarrassing."

 

"You dont have to, you're perfectly beautiful."

 

Is she flirting on me? Pie panics

 

"Take that from me as your friend. Here you are." Kim says as they reached their house

 

How did we get in here? I thought I said I'll go home alone! Pie surprisingly thought

 

"T-Thanks Kim. You jog safely on your way home." She teases

 

"Haha I will.. Thanks. Sweetdreams beautiful."

 

Pie smiled as Kim heads her way on the road. She took her book again as she reached her bedroom and took the card fell on the floor. Sweetdreams beautiful.. She realised the similarity as she read the notes again. The card was in my drawer. What on earth was she doing in my bedroom?!