Chapter 5

Your Love, My Life
Kim smiled as she jumped off from the tree where she's hiding. Pie.. When will you realize how special you are..

 

She's about to walk away when Pie turned her lights on again. Huh? She moved somewhere to see a better view. What is she up to this time?

 

Pie took her flashlight and turned off the lights again as she lay in her bed. It's time I'll take a closer look on you pussycat! Come closer.

 

Kim smiled as she sense something weird on her. She moved closer to the windows..

 

Pie freezes her breathing as she saw a shadow coming closer in her window curtains. She grip the flashlight in her hand, ready to blow a light to her intruder.. One.. 

 

Kim took the first step at the window as the other half of the body clinging to the wall.

 

Pie controls her trembling hands as she held firm with the flashlight switch. Two..

 

Kim slowly moved the curtain as she takes her another step.. 

 

"Don't move!" Pie shakingly announced, sweating, flashlight trembling in her hands.

 

"Meow.." An orange cat appeared in her window wagging its tail side to side. What??

 

Kim giggles silently as she lay her back at the roof. I hope she loves cats.. 

 

Pie switched the lights on as she picked up the cat. "Hi there.. How did you get in here?" She looked at the window. My room is like 20 feet from the ground.. This cat climbs this high? She scanned the area again. Nothing.. Argh! Im going crazy!

 

Pie woke up even before her alarm sets in. "Ugh. I looked terrible." She flips the table mirror and went to shower.

 

"Bye mom.."

 

"Take care Pie.."

 

"Good morning Pie.."

 

Pie smiled and return a wave hello as Kim gets off from the car. "Good morning Kim.."

 

"Hey, how are you? You look.. good, I guess."

 

She sighs. "Yeah I know.. I look terrible."

 

Kim giggles. "You're still beautiful though."

 

She rolled her eyes. "Oh please.."

 

"Kim, aren't you coming back in the car?" Bai called

 

"Oh! Sorry Bai.. I'll walk from here.."

 

"You sure? Hello Ms Manaying.."

 

Pie smiled. "Please, call me Pie."

 

Bai smiled. "Okay then. Pie. Do you walk everyday to school?"

 

"Yes.. It's part of my routine.. It's like a morning exercise to me."

 

"No wonder why you're skinny." Kim teases

 

"Look who's talking? You jogged a kilometer at night to look like a bone?"

 

Kim pauses as Bai raised an eyebrow. "You jogged at night?"

 

"Uh.. Yes, I couldn't sleep that night so I went out for a while.."

 

Pie giggles. "You did it twice already. Another kilometer run and the dogs will chase you like a bone."

 

"Twice?" Bai clarifies

 

Kim forced a smile. "Y-Yes.. I couldn't sleep that night either. Uhm, why don't you go ahead now Bai? I'll walk with Pie to school.."

 

Bai pauses and darted her a 2 seconds look. "Be home early Kim. Mom and dad will talk to us about something important."

 

"I will.. Take care Bai." Kim opens up the car door

 

"Explain later." Bai firmly said as she get on the car

 

Kim smiled. "See you tonight."

 

Pie smiled as the car drove away. "You two are really close to each other.. Do you have other siblings?"

 

"Uh, no.. It's just the two of us.."

 

"Must be fun to have a sister.."

 

"Yeah, sometimes. Your parents should have given you one.."

 

"I do have a brother."

 

"I doubt that.."

 

Pie pauses. "How'd you know I don't have one?"

 

"Uh.. Err.. Well, if you have a brother, he should walk you to school.. maybe."

 

She looked at her suspiciously. "You think so?"

 

Kim smiled. "Yeah I think so.."

 

She nods without taking her eyes off her. "Uhm.. Kim."

 

"Hmm?"

 

"Where were you last night?"

 

Kim pauses. "Home? Why?"

 

"I.. I think I saw you in my room." Pie took the courage

 

"Really? What do I look like?" She giggles

 

"Uh.. You. Hey, I'm being serious here. Where were you? Have you been into my room?"

 

"Am I being investigated here? I told you I'm at home. Are you seeing some kind of a monster or whatever?" She teases

 

Pie pauses.. and shook her head. "Never mind.. I'm sorry.."

 

Kim smiled and held her hand. "Hey, I'm sorry.. I was just teasing you.. Are you okay? Do you want me to investigate at your house?"

 

"It's a police job Kim.."

 

"I'm good at it.. Trust me."

 

She looked at her as she realized she's already staring at her. Wrong move Pie..

 

"R-Really?"

 

Kim smiled. "Really. I'll come over to your house after class will that be alright?"

 

She smiled. "Okay.. But wait, your sister said you should go home early tonight."

 

"Don't worry about it.. Come on let's hurry bell's ringing in one minute."

 

"Huh? How'd you--" Kim cuts her words as she held her hand to their school gate as fast as she could never imagine.

 

And the bell rang as soon as they entered the classroom.

 

What.. just.. happened? Her eyes searched for Kim.. 

 

"Hey you!" Yam giggles

 

She shook her head. "H-Hey.. Good morning Yam.."

 

"What's good in the morning if you looked this terrible? Did you even sleep?"

 

She smiled. "I think so.."

 

"You forgot this." Kim handed her the book

 

"Thanks.."

 

"No worries beautiful.."

 

Yam giggles. "I can smell it from here.."

 

"What?"

 

"The love scent."

 

"Hahaha! Shut up Yam.."

 

"What love scent?" Jane interrupts smiling

 

"Hahaha our friend here is in --"

 

"Sshh! Nonsense!" Pie warned

 

Jane giggles. "What is it? Come on! Share!"

 

Yam showed the if-you-can-stop-me smile. "Pie has a crush on someone."

 

"Whoa! Really? Who? Who?"

 

"Arggh! No one! Stop it Yam." She felt her face all red

 

"Hahaha It's --" .. "Goodmorning everyone." Mrs Wiz interrupts

 

Pie released a huge exhale. Yam giggles. "Save by Mrs Wiz.. Hahaha"

 

She rolled her eyes and search for Kim who's now sitting at the parallel front side of her. 

 

Kim smiled as she caught her looking. 

 

Oh crap.. This is sooo wrong.. And, she smiled back.