Loved and Loveless

Entrapped: Sun and Moon
XSYKOTICA
Entrapped: Sun And Moon - Loved and Loveless

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!” Baekho was off in a flash, scream trailing behind him like a speech bubble. And yet, there was nowhere to go, nowhere to run. The entire house was one great big dead end. A dead end haunted by a ghost – an insane ghost.

“Please don’t run from me again,” whispered the voice, hovering beside him as Baekho dashed up the stairs and into the room he had spent the night prior in, slamming the door shut. Leaning against the closed entryway he leaned his head back, breathing hard, eyes closed in relief at his escape. Only to snap open again as he heard yet another crash. He watched in fear and disbelief as the curtain rod in this room also crashed to the ground, this time without a resulting cloud of dust, this room far cleaner than any of the others.

“Listen Baekho, listen to me. Don’t leave, I’ll just follow you again. You have to believe me, I’m not here to hurt you in any way. ..,” the ethereal being’s voice was haunting in its despair, plain and clear as though written before his very eyes in indelible ink. This boy truly was in love with him. It should have been obvious from the start, but he really hadn’t ever believed in Ren’s confession.

“Alright. Tell me then, who I’m supposed to be, how you know me, why you are so convinced that I should love you – I’ll listen. I don’t really have a choice anyways, I’m sure you’ll just…just float after me anyways and bug me until I do,” he hung his head in defeat to this ghost, before his face was lifted on gentle palms,

“Wait for tonight when I’m back. Wait for me on the third floor by the west window. I’ll tell you everything.”

Which way was West? Baekho was on the third floor, the sun just beginning to set, shadows growing long in a dim glow. Wandering about in confusion, he stopped when he heard the soft padding of feet on hardwood floors and turned to face Ren.

“I thought I told you West?” Ren laughed a little at the end, a bubble of clear sound like a bell, a babbling brook, so, so…pretty.

“I don’t know where that is,” Baekho admitted, rubbing his palms nervously against the pants he had been in for the past couple days. Ren noticed this with a frown,

“I’ll make sure to get you some new clothes by tomorrow morning – I doubt you’ll fit into any of mine. You never did before, but who knows what else has changed about you,” Ren sighed, slight depression marring his delicate features for a moment.

“Anyways, follow me,” Ren gave a soft smile and held out a pale hand which Baekho took, trepidation filling his soul as his fingers clasped around the soft, chilled skin. Their feet pattered across the dark wooden flooring, heading for an arching window that overlooked to the field to the back of the house. Baekho didn’t have the time to admire the view, as he was now being tugged insistently down a small side hall. Once they reached the end, Ren jumped for the cord hanging from the ceiling, fingertips just brushing. Baekho sighed, and using his extra few inches in height, he tugged down the panel for Ren. It would have been a cute, romantic moment, if not for the fact that Baekho managed to whack the panel on his head as he brought it down. Ren’s resulting giggle did little to make the moment any better for him.

With Ren leading the way up the folding ladder, they made their way up to the next level. When he emerged onto the new floor, he gave a small gasp as he realized they were in some kind of glass dome that stretched over a large section of the roof area. Taking his hand once more, Ren led Baekho over to the mat laid out on the floor. Ren sat down quickly dragging Baekho along with him.

“We shall have to wait a bit…for the night to fall, but I can tell you of our relationship first,”  at Baekho’s quiet nod, Ren curled up to his side, causing Baekho to swallow heavily at the sudden closeness, “There are some stories that claim we were brothers – others that claim I am a woman. I can understand their mistake. According to legend, I was the god of the moon, and you the playboy god of the sun. This part mythology has gotten correct. You caught me bathing in a stream while on a hunt with your hounds – according to popular storytelling, I supposedly killed you for seeing my body exposed. Instead it was the beginning of our relationship.

“I did not tell you that I was such an important got at first, I believe you though I was a minor stream nymph or something of that sort – though I am much prettier than any mere nymph, so I don’t understand how you could have made sure a mistake, but I digress. You were infatuated from the beginning, but I wasn’t sure if you were after my body or me as a person. It wasn’t until I heard you had turned down the Goddess of Beauty that I realized you must really have cared for me. I realized that our little conversations by my stream that you were always stopping by, might actually mean something to you.”

Ren went on to explain their various dates, their first kiss in the woods whilst trying to see who could out hunt the other. Their first night, under the stars with the waves of the sea crashing behind them. The day Baekho proposed on a chariot in the midst of the Trojan War, unsure if they would ever live to see the dawn. Married in a tiny ceremony under an orchid arbor, bound together in hand fastening, tied to each other for the entire day and night.

But then Ren turned to the bad, the slow buildup as he spoke of Aron, his friend, their friend, the God of Death. Ren’s hand clenched tighter as he explained the other’s infatuation, an obsession that neither of them had seen coming. So strong, friendship no longer mattered, the laws of the Gods no longer mattered. Baekho had fought in the annual tournament, and had done very well, until the finals. Bribed by Aron, a knife had been slipped into the fistfight. It was pure luck that allowed Baekho to survive the wound.

But that would not be the end of their troubles. Tears slid down Ren’s face as he spoke of the dare from Aron. Of his skills at the sport of archery, and how that little dot he had been in the distance had been no match for him. Baekho had never had a chance.

“You…killed me?” Baekho breathed in disbelief – only to be thrown on to the mat by the force of Ren,

“No! I would never, ever, ever do anything like that. Never. It was not my choice, if I had ever known – Baekho I wouldn’t ever hurt you on purpose-“

“Oh I don’t know, you did a pretty good job with getting Minhyun to break up with me,” Baekho commented, though instantly guilt poured over him as he watched Ren’s face contort with pain. Fingers clenched around the fabric of his shirt as Ren slowly lowered his head to Baekho’s chest.

“Does everything I have told you truly mean nothing?” Ren whispered and Baekho fought the irresistible urge to run his fingers through Ren’s long blond hair in comfort. Instead he sighed and allowed his head to collapse backwards.

“I don’t know Ren, it’s all so strange…”

“Then look to the stars, my darling, for our love is written in them,” Ren murmured as he slid off of Baekho’s body. Ren gripped Baekho’s hand gently, using it as a pointer to indicate different patterns formed in the sky above them. Artemis the Huntress, Ren’s Greek counterpoint, Apollo and Orion, Baekho’s past selves. Tales of the Greek myths, which were true and which were false, Ren’s soft voice at his ear as he wove the stories into an epic and impossible fairytale. On and on into the early hours of the dawn, where Baekho at last drifted off to sleep as Ren wavered from sight.

“I know you want me to be Minhyun…but all the same Baekho, there’s no one I’d rather be than me. I can only hope you’ll grow to love me soon for who I am. Saranghei.” 

 

A/N: So, about 2 chapters left I think. I have decided I will do a sequel (when I finish my other two sequels mind you :P) But it will probably just be a OneShot (Aron will return dundunduuuuuun  XD) Anyways, I'll be on vacation for all of next week - it's shouldn't interrupt my updating schedule for this fic, but for anyone who reads my others, there's a chance. Though I *am* going to try to update everything before I leave, even the stuff I updated a couple days ago - so yay! Early updates XD

Alright, love you all, subbies, upvoters <3