Inviting and Invisible

Entrapped: Sun and Moon
XSYKOTICA
Entrapped: Sun And Moon - Inviting and Invisible

Baekho woke to a tantalizing smell, and after recovering from the horror and shock of his situation once again, he wandered cautiously, following the aroma. He felt like a mouse creeping into a trap, led by his desire for food, to satiate the growling beast in his belly. The eerie sensation that coated his skin refused to abate, even with the sunlight that streamed in from the arched windows. It was odd, though he had been quite distracted on the way in, he could not recall the windows displaying this kind of interior from the outside. In fact, he could almost recall not seeing any curtains had covering the view – and yet there were curtains from this side. Long, flowing chiffon and velvet drapes that reached to the floor, covering much of the light in the front room, so only small pinpricks of light found their way through to illuminate the dust. 

He decided that fathoming this small detail of the whole experience was pointless. Quickly moving on he made his way to a different room, where sun streamed uninhibited. There were better things to worry about. Like how he was going to get out of here, for one. The boy was clearly an escaped mental patient, or someone who seriously needed help. He felt pity for the other, having listened to his ravings about “gods,” and “enchantment.” He just had to make sure the other didn’t have any weapons lying about, otherwise he was quite sure he could handle Ren. While he could not possibly be and Eidolon or a ghost, he certainly had the physique one would come to expect of such an appirition. Thin, scrawny, in fact, and pale as could possibly be.

He sighed to himself, wondering just how Ren had managed to keep him from going out. He hadn’t smelled any kind of chemical, and he hadn’t been hit. A scentless gas, then, perhaps? But how had it been administered? Baekho’s head began to throb. He hadn’t really paid all that much attention in chemistry, preferring the straightforwardness of the business degree – not to mention the college he had gone to was well renowned for having one of the easiest business degrees in the country. He didn’t know what was going on at all, really. All he knew was that there was some fantastic scent wafting from somewhere, and he wanted to find it as quickly as possible.

At last he managed to stumble his way over a fallen roman pillar into some sort of kitchen. A magnificent marble table glowed in the light of a fireplace lit to ward off the morning chill from the winter season. It was the only room that actually looked as though it were properly taken care of, actually lived in. It was here that he felt, finally, that this was a home, not merely a shelter. Square, gold ripple edged china plates dusted with a pink rose design dotted the table. Two. A table set for two. However, one plate was empty, and showed no signs of having ever been filled. But the other was laden with food. Waffles, dotted with chocolate chips and smeared with whipped cream instead of honey. How…how had this boy known his favorite breakfast?

He decided he shouldn’t dwell, Ren was obviously some kind of stalker, it was best not to try and work out the details for fear he would be frightened beyond his wits. Baekho knew he was a coward, accepted it, and he stared at the plate suspiciously for a moment. Did he really dare to taste the food made by his captor? He decided, as he couldn’t leave, he might as well not starve. It seemed odd for the boy to confess his love and then choose to kill him. But then, on the television dramas, often the person’s reason for killing their lover who had either gone back to their spouse or betrayed them in some way, was “I just couldn’t live without them.” It really made no sense at all, and Baekho was not inclined to discern the ways of a criminal.

He dug into the deliciousness before him and reveled in the flavors that washed over his tongue. Delightful. He nearly moaned at the delectable taste, like spring breeze coated in chocolate and whipped cream. How had the boy made them this light and fluffy? The boy shouldn’t be living here! He should be head chef of a restraint that only sold these wonderful, fantastic, epic waffles. Baekho would eat there every day. Speaking of Ren…where was he?

Baekho glanced about, but this place he had first mistaken for a mere house, was much more a manor. He had wandered around some of the ground floor – seen stairs winding up to another story – and pondered just why this house was abandoned. Despite its age and current condition, it wasn’t exactly in a bad spot and much of the wooden floors and crown molding could most likely be salvaged. He was by no means an expert, but even he could see a diamond in the rough. Beyond its decrepit cover, the mansion had charm and could probably fetch a pretty penny, even in the current market. So the fact that he had yet to lay eyes upon Ren that morning did little to cause him worry. Though the empty plate across from him still seemed quite odd, all the same.

When he was finished he wandered over to the sink that didn’t appear to work and set the dishes in, unsure of what he was supposed to do. He would have liked to clean them, but after a quick check, he was certain the water did not work. He couldn’t help but wonder how the other had managed to make the waffles in the first place, no refrigerator for eggs or milk. The place was, after all, seemingly completely gutted of any appliance whatsoever.

He wondered, briefly, when the panic would set in. When he would wake up and realize exactly what situation he was in and beg and scream like most kidnap victims. And yet, he strangely doubted that would ever occur. He couldn’t seem to find anywhere inside himself that he particularly cared if he was kidnapped or not – even if he was killed or not. After all, what did it matter? His life was nothing, he didn’t really look forward to the next day, or have all too many fond memories so as to give him hope. Minhyun had been his one shining light, but he was gone now. What was the point of his existence anyways?

Baekho shrugged to himself and glanced around, eyebrows going up when he beheld the note taped to the table that he couldn’t recall being there before. He decided it must have slipped his gaze the entire time, he was far too focused on those waffles, it must be said.  He read the note over quickly, noting once more the gorgeous penmenship the boy had. Was he, perhaps, the son of some rich family run away from his duties – also like the dramas?

Dearest Baekho,

It takes so  much effort to alert you to my presence. I suppose my power truly has dwindled, I’ve been sitting here chatting away to a boy who never glances at me or takes any notice. It is rather hurtful even though I am fully aware you cannot help it. Ah well, at least I have someone to talk to other than a wall, even if you don’t reply. I’m sure this house is rather tired of my endless soliqueys, and rejoices that the main subject of most of them has at last arrived. I will not be able to appear until tonight, but write at the bottom of this note anything you would like, anything at all, and I shall do everything in my power to make your wishes come true.

Love you darling!

~Ren

Baekho couldn’t believe what he was reading, the delusions continued on! He sighed, feeling somewhat angered by the boy who had to be hiding somewhere nearby. Why couldn’t he just get a grip on reality and make everyone’s lives a lot easier? Seizing the pen he now suddenly saw by the note scrawled the name at the bottom of the note, per instructions.

Minhyun

And then he turned, deciding to roam the house, since he was apparently free to do so (at the very least the other had never told him not to). He left so quickly he almost did not hear the slight sound, and even though he was within range, he chose to ignore it. The quiet sob that had echoed through the dining room from an invisible source could not have been possible, after all. 

 

A/N: Merry Christmas everybody!!! *sings* ~and a Happy New Year~

Thank you all my subscribers <3 *many hugs* This hasn't been edited due to time constaints on this busy day - maybe at some point I'll go back and revise.....>.<