Reasons and Relationships

Entrapped: Sun and Moon
XSYKOTICA
Entrapped: Sun And Moon - Reasons and Relationships

Baekho woke in the bed in the library room, covers tucked tightly about him. He took a moment to remember how he had gotten here, from the thin mattress of the covered roof, to here. The idea of slim, frail and ghostly Ren somehow supporting his weight, carrying him here, seemed fairly ridiculous, and he nearly laughed at the mental image.

What time was it? Baekho rubbed his eyes and went to the window in his room, inhaling a gasp of shock to see the sun rather low on the horizon – and he was still tired. Clearly staying up with Ren hadn’t been the best idea ever. Baekho had never been any good at staying up late, he cherished his sleepy time. He sighed before he trailed down the staircase to the kitchen.

Oooooh. Waffles. And infinitely happier Baekho promptly sat down, noticing again the empty place setting across from him. At least now he knew it was empty because Ren was invisible. Hadn’t the boy mentioned talking to him even though Baekho couldn’t hear?

“Are you here?” he asked through a mouthful of waffle and whipped cream.

“Y-yes,” echoed a faint voice about the room.

“How did you get to me to the room by yourself?” There was a faint, ghostly giggle that should have sent the hairs on the back of his neck a-tingling, but it didn’t.

“Magic, my love, what else?”

“M-Magic?!” he exclaimed, alarmed,

“Would you prefer to call it witchcraft?” asked the disembodied voice full of amusement.

“N-no…you can do magic?”

“Well, minor levitational things, a bit. I used to do more, much more, but I am quite limited now – hold on a moment.” Baekho watched with wide eyes as a piece of paper appeared from midair along with a pen. He watched in fascination, unsure if he was terrified out of his mind or just entranced, as the pen traced across the paper. At last the slip slid over to his side of the table to Baekho,

“Sorry about this, it takes a lot of my strength to talk out loud and I want to save myself to talk to you tonight more.”

“That’s fine,” Baekho spoke out loud, internally wondering just when this had all become ‘fine,’ “Will it always be this way? Even if we…were together. Would you still fade away in the day?” He passed the note sheet back across the table top, resuming his top priority of scarfing down the waffles. If there was one thing to recommend Ren to him in that way, it would certainly be the thought of these waffles every day, forever. The note was back,

“I don’t know. I hope it won’t be, I hope I’ll be just like I used to be. The gods promised both you and I could resume our status as gods if you were to fall in love with me again.”

“Oh…there isn’t any way you can be sure?”

“Why do you need to know?”

“Ren…I don’t want to hurt your feelings but you going away in the day is kind of a deal breaker for me…,” was that a gasp of shock he heard? He felt cruel for saying so, but it was true. That was how he saw things.

“What do you mean, ‘deal breaker?’ Aren’t you and I talking right now?”

“Well…yeah. But in a bit of a weird way, don’t you think? This isn’t really…a relationship.”

“Why can’t it be? I thought you humans had a fascination with letters?” for some reason Baekho could almost tell from the tone of the words that Ren was angry. That, and the words were coming faster, scribbled inarticulately, neat penmanship marred. “I thought there were stories of lovers in war time who sent letters for years and still had wonderful relationships!”

“Well that’s probably because they were in love in the first place, prior to the war. Look Ren…it’s not that I don’t…have an attraction to you. It’s just that I see to many reasons to object to a relationship with you. I don’t know you all that well even now, you’re a mythological…person, you disappear during the day – this isn’t exactly easy for me! Simply put…you rise with the moon…and I rise with the sun. We aren’t meant to be together.”

Baekho watched as the pen slammed to the table with a clack, watched as the paper shredded, watched as a mirage like figure blew past. Left completely on his own, and for once, he did not wish it to be so. 

 

A/N: So I have no excuse. *smacks self* Bad author-nim! Disappointing your squishy readers like that! Truth be told, since I have the full story in a word doc all finished, I forgot I needed to update. And that is why I *promise* I will have the very last chapter posted within the week. Kamsamnida readers!!! I am truly sorry *bows* However, this is my favorite chapter of the entire story, so I hope you could enjoy it!