Magic Potions

The Escapades of Youngjae and Kyungsoo

“You be good and listen to daddy Junmyeon, alright?” Kris calls into the house as he ushers a resistant Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and Jongdae to the car, ready to take them in for their second DPT vaccination. “Be back soon,” he adds, giving Junmyeon a peck on the cheek before heading out the door himself.

“Bye daddy Kris!” rings a chorus of shouts throughout the house followed by, “bye uncle Kris!”

Kris talks the kids to the car, opening the door and letting them climb inside. “You stop giving your brothers wet willies,” he points a warning finger at Jongdae, strapping him into a car seat, as Junmyeon gently shuts the door, a small smile gracing his lips.

“Baekhyun, no!” comes Kris’ muffled shout through the door as Junmyeon hears little Sehun’s whining from the living room.

“Daddy’s coming sweetheart,” Junmyeon hums, making his way to his hungry child. He almost bumps into Zitao and Jongup, intensely focused on stacking Jenga blocks out in the hallway. “Are you kids hungry? Do you want anything to eat?” Junmyeon asks the two extremely concentrated boys. Zitao gives his head the slightest of shakes before returning his full attention back to the tower they are building.

“Okay then, you boys have fun,” Junmyeon says, walking around Zitao and Jongup, leaving them to their task at hand.

“Papa,” Sehun pouts from the floor, puffing his cheeks as Junmyeon enters the living room. “Hung-gie,” he announces, waving his arms for his daddy to pick him up.

“Alrighty, kiddo,” Junmyeon smiles, whisking the toddler off of the floor and blowing a raspberry on his puffed up cheek. Sehun giggles, kicking his tiny feet as Junmyeon lowers his youngest child, shifting him over to one side, before turning his attention to his older kids on the couch.

“You kids want anything?” Junmyeon asks Minseok, Luhan, and Yixing, who are too busy staring at the television screen watching a rerun of Chowder.

“I want dumplings,” Luhan demands expectantly, eyes still trained on the television screen. When he hears no response, he turns to his daddy, who’s standing there with a bemused expression, an eyebrow raised. “Please?” Luhan adds sheepishly as he bringss his palms together and places them against his right cheek, putting on his cutest smile.

“That’s better,” Junmyeon smiles warmly, “manners. I taught you better than that.” Luhan smiles wide, flashing a set of pearly white teeth, before turning back to the TV. Junmyeon shakes hi head, turning for the kitchen with Sehun still in his arms.

“Thank you!” Luhan calls out to his daddy’sretreating back.

--

Kyungsoo peeks around the kitchen entrance, watching his daddy settle baby Sehun into his high chair and placing a plate of sliced bananas and strawberries onto the tray. He watches daddy Junmyeon turn for the freezer, pulling out a package of frozen dumplings before taking the bag over to the stove.

Satisfied that his daddy’s attention is otherwise fully occupied, Kyungsoo quietly turns back around, giving Youngjae the go signal. Pressing a finger to his lips, Kyungsoo gently nudges Youngjae towards the staircase, tiptoeing all the way to the second landing.

They cautiously make their way down the second floor hall, pressing their bodies flush against the wall to avoid detection. Kyungsoo slides his way to the very end of the hallway until he reaches the last door on the right, Youngjae following along just as silently.

“Okay, we’re here,” Kyungsoo whispers, glancing down the hall to make sure no one followed. He then carefully squeezes through the little crack in the door, in his breath to avoid touching the door and making it squeak. Youngjae repeats the motion, inhaling deep before pushing his little body in.

He exhales a big gust of air once he reaches inside, turning his head this way and that to see where Kyungsoo’s disappeared to.

“Over here,” Kyungsoo hisses, and Youngjae follows the voice to the master bedroom’s private bathroom.

He finds Kyungsoo tiptoeing over the sink countertop where a large array of differently shaped and sized containers is lined up in neat rows.

“What’s that?” Youngjae asks, joining Kyungsoo at the sink and staring over all the little bottles in wonder. He very lightly runs a finger along the topside of a little teal bottle with a silver lining. All of them look so breakable.

“Daddy Kris said these are his magic potions,” Kyungsoo answers, gently picking up a light pink tube-like container. “Daddy says these thingies have magic powers inside each bottle.”

“What kinda magic?” Youngjae raises a brow skeptically, carefully selecting a white one with blue lettering down its glassy side. He gently twists the cap, opening the container and bringing it up to his noise to sniff at its contents.

“It smells pretty,” he comments, as Kyungsoo shrugs, tilting the pink tube in his hands. Kyungsoo lightly shakes the bottle, watching the liquid inside swish and swirl.

Taking this moment of vulnerability to catch his best friend off guard, Youngjae takes a dab of the floral scented cream in his hand and swipes it on Kyungsoo’s nose.

Surprised, Kyungsoo flinches back, going cross-eyed as he tries to examine the cold substance coating his skin. Youngjae bursts into laughter at the wide-eyed expression on Kyungsoo’s face.

Not one to take these kinds of things lying down, Kyungsoo retaliates, opening the lid and shaking the pink tube in his hand, splashing Youngjae with sprinkles of peach scented toner.

“Take that!” Kyungsoo shouts as Youngjae squeals, grabbing a handful of cotton balls and an armful of skincare products before running for cover in the bathtub.

Youngjae ducks inside the tub, swiftly unscrewing the cap off of an eye cream and dipping a cotton ball into the cold, thick substance. “Fire!” he yells, tossing the soaked cotton ball in Kyungsoo’s direction as Kyungsoo opens a cabinet under the sink and hides behind it. Youngjae’s ammo still manages to hit the crown of Kyungsoo’s head, smearing a layer of white cream inside his hair.

Kyungsoo cringes as he runs his fingers through the milky strands, rubbing the eye cream deeper inside. Pouting, he grabs a bottle of new shampoo under the cabinet, removing the entire pump, and peeking over the cabinet panel.

“Cannon ball!” Kyungsoo screeches, jolting up and raising the bottle over his head with both hands. He gives the bottle a hard squeeze as he brings his arms swishing down, an arc of shampoo spilling out and splattering a trail across the bathroom tiles. Youngjae catches a face full as he peeps over the rim of the tub at the wrong time.

Kyungsoo giggles as Youngjae splutters, spitting out the bitter and soapy taste as some of the shampoo manages to get inside his mouth. Still spewing little bits of spit, Youngjae hurls an essence-soaked cotton ball that succeeds in sticking to Kyungsoo’s cheek.

Brushing the cotton ball off, Kyungsoo makes to run for the tub, accidentally slipping and sliding on the shampoo trail he made of the floor. He lands on his bottom, slightly disoriented, before quickly scrabbling back up to jump inside the tub and tackle Youngjae.

Youngjae, his arm back, preparing to defend himself with another projectile, when both boys’ heads are snapped to the bathroom door.

“What in the world?” Junmyeon’s eyes all but pop out of its sockets as he surveys the creamy puddles and splotches all around the floors and walls of the bathroom warzone.

a/n: because duizhang has very nice skin and im actually kind of really jealous TuT happy christmas and merry new years guys <3