Mission Accomplished: Part 1.0

The Escapades of Youngjae and Kyungsoo

Daehyun and Youngjae squabbling over one reason or another is nothing new to Himchan and Yongguk’s household. Therefore, when they start arguing over whose turn it is to hold on to the bag of chocolate chip cookies, Jongup is so accustomed to the sound of their raised voices that he is effectively able to tune out their shouting match. There’s just no point in trying to stop them or at least ask them to lower down the volume because they will only escalate things just to annoy him. Jongup thinks his time is much better spent playing with his baby brother Junhong, who is currently chewing on the ear of his favorite stuffed bunny. Jongup holds onto the other end of the bunny and before Junhong can get a stronger bite on the doll, Jongup lightly yanks it out of his mouth. Junhong giggles each time, finding this extremely entertaining, and repeats the process. Bite, pull, laugh. Bite, pull, laugh.

“Let go!”

“No, you let go!”

“Gimme the bag!”

“It’s my turn!”

“No it’s my turn!”

“I’m oldest!”

“We’re the same age!”

Daehyun and Youngjae play tug-o-war with the bag of cookies, volleying arguments back and forth. Using the momentum of their push and pull, Daehyun gives one final, giant tug and

Riiiiiiiiiip.

It’s raining cookie crumbs and chocolate chips all over the living room floor, most of which land around the baby. Junhong picks up a crumb and stuffs it into his mouth. Daehyun and Youngjae freeze, only their eyes twitching back and forth, taking in the mess they made. Daehyun is first to break into action, bolting for the stairs and hiding in his closet (“Traitor!”).

Youngjae breathes slowly, trying to keep a level head. If daddy HImchan sees this mess, he is in big trouble. So the solution would be to clean up the evidence. How did daddy Yongguk clean up that mess he made in the kitchen that one time? Aha! The vacuum cleaner!

Jongup, being the bestest, most amazing little brother, assists his hyung haul the vacuum cleaner out of the closet and plugs it in, while Youngjae tries to figure out how to get the thing going. Eventually he figures it out and, with Jongup’s help, begins to push the vacuum around, picking up the crumbs. Junhong flinches, not liking the whirring of the vacuum, and swats his bunny at the thing as it comes too close.

Youngjae opens his mouth to ask Jongup to please move the baby. But before he can even utter a single world, the force of the suction pulls in the stuffed rabbit by the legs. Junhong screams, yanking his bunny by the ears, and Youngjae panics because he doesn’t know how to turn the vacuum off. The machine begins to hack and spit, and Youngjae is pressing every button within reach. He whacks the vacuum in frustration.

Everything goes completely silent.

“Oh no,” Youngjae moans, “It’s dead”

“No, look, I pulled out the thingy,” Jongup says, standing by the outlet, twirling the plug in his hand. Youngjae sighs. So daddy’s vacuum isn’t broken. He turns his attention back to his baby brother who is wailing at the top of his lungs, turning red in the face. Junhong holds onto his favorite bunny rabbit, which is now missing its legs, stuffing popping out of the seams.

--

“You can give him one of the school bunnies,” Kyungsoo suggests, patting Youngjae on the back. Youngjae sniffles, remaining face down on the grass in despair. He had felt so guilty watching Junhong cry. His baby brother had a hard time falling asleep last night without his favorite bunny. After a moment, Youngjae finally turns his head over to glance up at Kyungsoo’s face, still pouting. Kyungsoo smiles down at him. “We can sneak him one of the bunnies from school. There’s so many the teachers probably won’t even know one’s missing.”

Youngjae thinks about this for a minute. A real bunny is way cooler than a doll. Youngjae finally smiles, feeling marginally better, and crawls up into a sitting position. “That might work.”

“Okay then, this is how we’ll do it…”

--

Kyungsoo and Youngjae press their bodies flush against the ground to avoid detection, hiding under a bush, as Miss Jessica and Miss Seohyun, on today’s playground duty, pass them by. As soon as they walk away into the distance, Kyungsoo rolls out from underneath and, body lowered as close to the ground as possible, makes a run for the side of the school building where the rabbit pen is kept, Youngjae right on his heel.

Kyungsoo lowers onto his hands and knees and gives Youngjae a boost to open the latch. The gate swings open and the two sneak inside, Kyungsoo giving a onceover around the area to make sure no adult is near.

“Which one do you think Junhong will like?” Kyungsoo asks as Youngjae walks around the cages, inspecting each rabbit carefully.

“Hmm,” Youngjae says, contemplating his decision. “I think he’ll like this one,” Youngjae points to a fluffy white rabbit with light brown spots. Kyungsoo joins him and takes a look.

“That one’s cute,” he comments as he opens the cage while Youngjae pulls off his hoodie. Kyungsoo gently pulls out the rabbit and places it into Youngjae’s cradled arms.

“How are we gonna get the bunny inside?” Kyungsoo asks, watching Youngjae carefully wrap the sweater around the rabbit, leaving a tiny little opening for air.

“Here, hold him for a sec?” Youngjae holds out the little bundle and Kyungsoo takes it. He watches as Youngjae unlocks each cage, one by one.

“You go hide over there,” Youngjae points to the bathroom. Kyungsoo nods and leaves the pen, walking over to the selected hiding spot. Once Kyungsoo reaches the bathroom, he peeks around the entryway and gives Youngjae the okay. He watches as Youngjae opens the gate wide and releases the rabbits out of the pen.

Freedom!” Youngjae shrieks, chasing the rabbits and herding them in the direction of the playground. Twenty or so rabbits scamper all over the school grounds as kids scream and laugh and drop whatever they are doing to pursue the cute little animals.

“What in the world,” Jessica shouts in confusion. “What is this? What? How did they get out?!”

“I don’t know,” Seohyun calls back as she tries to capture one of the escaped rabbits. “Unnie, oh my God, don’t just stand there! Help me! Or go be useful and call the others! We can’t do this by ourselves!”

--

Once he is certain that the teacher’s aides’ attentions are occupied, Youngjae returns to the bathroom where he left Kyungsoo and the bunny. They wait it out for a few minutes, allowing the other teachers time to run out onto the playground to assist Seohyun and Jessica in detaining the rabbits. Once Youngjae feels confident that all the teachers are now outside and completely preoccupied, he motions for Kyungsoo to follow him quietly and the boys sneak in through the entrance. Kyungsoo hands over the bundle as they walk in the direction of Youngjae’s classroom.

Kyungsoo peeks inside, checking to see if it’s empty, and enters the room first, holding the door as Youngjae follows.

“Can you open my backpack?” Youngjae asks, walking over to his table.

“Sure,” Kyungsoo squats down on the floor next to him and s the bag. Youngjae carefully places the bundle inside, unraveling the sweater and using it as a cushion for the rabbit. He smiles down at the fluffy little animal before zipping up his backpack, leaving open a crack for breathing space. Junhong will love it. Mission finally accomplished, Youngjae straightens up first, brushing his hands on his jeans. He offers Kyungsoo a hand and helps him up. Still holding hands, Kyungsoo and Youngjae return to the playground, their presence completely unnoticed, as the panicking teachers scramble after the extremely fast and extremely elusive little animals.

a/n:  you guys i think my brain is broken ㅠㅜ omg i may have to go over this one again because i think there are a lot of errors. but here it is TuT just so you have something to read. if you notice any egregious mistakes please please please let me know. actually this goes for any chapter i post. thanks ; u ; on a brighter note, they finally get away with something! for now...