Sounds of a Broken-Hearted

Love Like This

C U R R E N T  S O N G

Tears[SNSD]

 

For the entire night, Yoona couldn't fall asleep. She was being swallowed by guilt. The fact that Seung Hyun didn't flare up at her despite of his knowledge of her lies, cause her to be even more guilty. Images of Seung Hyun's smiles kept flashing in her mind. She felt like she was going crazy. The moment she closed her eyes, she could see Seung Hyun's face. It was clear that he was hurt, but he kept that smile on. Just because it was her. He need not say anything more. Just taking everything in his stride and that pair of disappointed eyes were already enough to cause Yoona to shudder. Yoona pondered hard and came to a conclusion that she would rather him screaming at her in her face instead of doing such a thing to her. With him scolding her, at least she knew that he was angry with her. But with his actions now, it was just simply.... simply mind torturous... He was playing a mindgame with her. Yoona had also thought about the possibilty that perhaps, he wasn't that smart to expose all of her lies. It was her being overeactive. She immediately dismissed that thought when she recalled Seung Hyun's expression. Seeing his hurt expression wasn't a lie. He was hurt by her. Choi Seung Hyun, an innocent guy who was always by her side, was being hurt by her now but yet, he made no attempt to shun away from her. He still chose to be by her side. He didn't have feelings for her. Now, who on earth was she kidding? 

 

 

Yoona began to toss and turn in the bed again, trying in a vain attempt to at least catch some sleep. It would be bad if she was in a distress state tomorrow. The last thing she wanted was to have a pair of dark shadows around her eyes, a (already) huge eyebag for tomorrow's ball. She didn't want to spoil her own image, let alone Ji Yong's. They were going to the ball together again. Yoona began to get excited upon the thought. After so much hassles, Ji Yong was still going to be her partner. She smiled and then frowned again. How on earth could she be thinking of Seung Hyun at this moment and Ji Yong at the very next? Why things had gotten so complicated? She had always been clear-headed about love and hate. Why wasn't she being calm now?

 

 

Just when she couldn't get any more vexed, her phone rang. She fumbled as she stretched out to reach for her phone.

 

 

"Yubbosaeyo?"

 

"Yah. Alligator Yoong. Aren't you suppose to be sleeping already? I don't want a panda partner tomorrow you know?" Yoona's heart immediately felt at ease when she heard the familiar voice on the other end of the phone.

 

"Yah! Look who is talking here! You know my complexion~ Flawless skin~" She let out a hearty laugh.

 

"Ya right. Waking up without a swollen face and being pimple-free doesn't mean you won't suffer from panda eyes due to lack of sleep. Your eyebags are really bad, although I find it attractive though." It was always Ji Yong's blunt and honest comment that never fails to crack her up. He was always truthful about his thoughts.

 

"Yah! Oppa! Must you always be that honest! Don't you know you always have the ability to make people blush?" Yoona groaned.

 

"Nopes. I guess only you would blush at whatever I say. Even the slightest comment from me can cause you to turn totally red. I really have no idea what is your skin made up off. I think there seems to be too much red pigment in it or something." Yoona was sure that Ji Yong was definitely smirking now.

 

"Aishh~ Chinjia. Why are you always so full of yourself?" Yoona yawned.

 

"Looks like someone is tired already~ Am I really that boring?"

 

"Anniyo! Oppa! You know that's not what I'm trying to express! I was just...."

 

"Araso araso! I'm just joking! Fancy you being so flustered about it. You should really get some sleep now. I'll see you tomorrow alrights?"

 

"Neh~ Oppa, aren't you going to sleep too?" Yoona asked innocently.

 

"Nopes. You know I'm a night person. And besides, there is something I need to see to first."

 

"Oh... Araso. Settle your things quick and turn in early! Goodnight Oppa!"

 

"Neh~ Goodnight my Alligator Yoong~" Ji Yong was smiling on the other hand, preparing to hang up. "See you tomorrow~"

 

"Jemkanmanyo Oppa!" Before he hung up, Yoona shouted. She cursed herself for stopping him from hanging up. "Oppa, you would really turn up tomorrow evening to fetch me right? You-You won't stood me up ri-right?" Yoona asked timidly.

 

"Pabo. Of course not. I always meant my words to you. Don't worry. Trust me." Ji Yong felt guilty. Guilty for instilling this fear in her.

 

"Neh! Goodnight Oppa!" Yoona's voice immediately perked up. She looked at the photoframe sitting perfectly at her table and smiled. She was certain of her choice already.

 

------

 

Ji Yong on the other hand, hung up the phone after hearing Yoona's relieved voice. He looked at the screen of his phone. It displayed the photo of him and Yoona. A smile crept onto his face unknowningly. He quickly dialled another number, with a frown on his face.

 

 

"Yah. I'm coming over right now. I need to settle some things with you."

 

 

With that, he hung up the phone, driving to his destination.

 

-----

 


The next morning, Yoona woke up, feeling hyped up and ready for today's event. The time had arrived once again. She could imagine Ji Yong driving to her house, dressing in his dashing tuxedo, opening the car door for her so gentlemanly. And she would dressed in her gown, wearing that perfect smile... With all these positive thoughts, Yoona get on her day excitedly.  In the morning, she had met up with Yuri, going to the hairdresser to get their hair done up. They joked and fooled around, enjoying their post-exams day. Soon, she separated from Yuri and went back home to get ready for the ball. Her hair was tied up in a loose bun, with soft tendrils falling perfectly at the side of her face. She changed into the Gucci black tube dress that Key had specially picked out for her and matched it with a pair of Jimmy Choo's heels and her Burberry clutch which was given by Ji Yong on her 18th birthday. She decided to keep her jewellery minimal with only a pair of silver-hearted earrings, for a cleaner vibe. She looked into the mirror and grinned. With a little blusher and lip gloss, she was ready for the date.

 

 

Just then, her phone rang and she picked it up immediately. It must be Ji Yong. He must be coming to fetch her already.

 

 

"Yubbosaeyo?" Yoona answered the call sweetly. Only to turn out that her face fell after hearing whatever Ji Yong was saying.

 

-----

 

 

"Yubbosaeyo?" I was getting ready for the ball, putting on my tuxedo as Seungri and Daesung helped me with my hair and adjusting my bowtie. Yes. Even up till now, I've got to admit that I ain't a good dresser. Yet. So, these two irritating brothers of mine decided to offer their help. They said that I had to  impress myself in front of Yoona tonight. I couldn't lose out to Kwon Ji Yong again. "Yoona, is that you? Yoona?" I looked at my phone and saw that the caller was Yoona. But the other party wasn't speaking up. I only heard sobs and the intake of breaths. This caused me to become worry again.

 

"O-Oppa...." Finally, after awhile, I heard a faint sound. It was Yoona. And she was crying. Again.

 

"Omo. Yoona. What happen? Are you crying again? Tell me." I began to get vexed as I stood up, clutching to my phone anxiously.

 

"Op-Oppa... Mianhae... I sho-should... I shou-should have listened to.... to you..." Her words were choppy as she was being choked by her tears.

 

"Yoona. Stay wherever you are ok? I'm coming over right now." I knew I had to get there right now. She needed me.

 

 

She made no sound and hung up the phone. I grab my coat and ran out of the house.

 

 

"HYUNG!! Your hair is not done up yet!!" I shut the door behind me after hearing Seungri and Daesung's groans. I had no time for hair styling now.

 

 

-------

 

"Come on Yoona. Open the door!" Seung Hyun rang the bell and knocked the door hard, praying that Yoona was in there and not doing anything foolish.

 

 

Finally after awhile, the sound of lock opening was heard. The doorknob was opened slowly and the door was opened. Seung Hyun was shocked. Yoona looked stunning. No. She looked gorgeous physically. But not mentally and emotionally. Her eyes were red and swollen and tear stained marks were evident on her face. Seung Hyun's heart ached upon seeing her in this state. Without her even explaining, he knew that it must be the doing of Kwon Ji Yong again.

 

 

"Oppa...." Without saying anything, Yoona threw her arms around Seung Hyun, breaking into tears once again.

 

 

Seung Hyun sighed as he hugged her tightly, rubbing her back. He was fuming mad. He felt like going to Ji Yong's house and gave him a punch. How dare he hurt her again and again. He swore to himself that he would never let him hurt her again. Not ever as long as he still have a breath in him.

 

------

 

I felt bad. In fact, worse, when he hugged me tightly, soothing me. I didn't expect myself to be such a person. But... The only person that I could think of, was Seung Hyun Oppa... I know it's really selfish of me to think such a way. But I really had no one else to turn to... Perhaps, deep down in my heart, I already knew that he would be the only person (besides my aunt) that would never forsake me, that would always be there for me. It's just that I chose to ignore this fact. The stubborn me chose to believe that Kwon Ji Yong would be my destiny. He was the one who would take care of me. But, I was wrong. I was utterly wrong... It's time for you to wake up, Im Yoona. Stop dreaming. Kwon Ji Yong just treated you as his friend. A somebody that he could have in his life or not.

 

 

"Feeling better now?" Seung Hyun Oppa broke away from the hug as he reached out to touch my face gently, cleaning away the tears for me.

 

"G-Gwenchana..." I shun away and wiped the tears with the back of my hands instead. I guessed I wasn't ready to accept him yet. "Oppa, mianhae... I don't wish to trouble you, but I had no others to turn to... I don't wish to spoil Yul's and Young Bae Oppa's day..."

 

"Anniyo. I'm glad that you thought of me when you needed someone... Care to tell me what happen?" He gave me an encouraging smile and patted my hand lightly.

 

 

It was only till then, did I realise that he looked really handsome today. He was dressed up nicely in a white undershirt with a tail tuxedo going with it, giving of a gentleman vibe. His hair was styled perfectly too, and I noticed that he had a change of hair colour from black to an ash-grey colour. It made him all the more charismatic. It was his dashing smile that made everything complete. At that instant, I felt calmed. I felt security and trust in him...

 


<<< FLASHBACKS >>>

 

"Yubbosaeyo?"

 

"Yoona ah..."

 

"Oh! Oppa! I'm all ready to go now! Are you coming already?"

 

"Yoona ah... Mianhae... I couldn't go with you... Couldn't go with you to today's ball already..." Ji Yong stuttered.

 

"Mwuh? Hahaha! Oppa! Cut the joke! It's not funny at all!" Yoona started laughing hysterically, refusing to believe what she had just heard.

 

"Mianhae...." Ji Yong sounded really depressed and guilty. He was not joking.

 

"Oppa, is there something wrong with you? Are you sick or something? Is that why you can't come?" Yoona asked innocently, trying to hold back her tears that were threatening to escape from her eyes.

 

"Anniyo... It's just that... It's just that I got to go with another person...." Ji Yong replied in an almost inaudible tone.

 

"Right. Kiko isn't it?" Yoona could feel anger and disappointment all rising up in her. This was the first time that she was so upset and had raised her voice at Ji Yong.

 

"Yoona ah... Please, listen to me... I promise you that..."

 

"Oppa, stop it. Since you can't keep your promises, then don't make them! You never fails to break your promise. Forget it. I'm tired of this already. Come to think of it. Why am I still so stupid, believing in whatever you had said? I bet you don't care anyway... Have fun at the ball later. Bye." Yoona bit her lips hard to stop the tears from flowing down. Before Ji Yong could utter any words, she hung up the call quickly.

 

 

She looked herself into the mirror and tears began to trickle down. She couldn't believe it. Looks like she still wasn't pretty or nice enough to keep Ji Yong by her side. Ji Yong had once again, broken his promise. Why was she so dumb to believe in him again and again? Did she look easy to him? Why did he leave her so easily? Why was her heart ripping into shreds because of him? Her mind was in a whirl and she hung up the calls. Ji Yong was trying to call her again. But the only person that came into her mind now was, Seung Hyun. Her fingers trembled as she dialled Seung Hyun's number on her phone. She felt bad. Before pressing the call button, she hesitated. Would Seung Hyun think that she is treating him as a replacement? Only finding him because she had no one else to turn to?

 

<<< END OF FLASHBACKS >>>

 

 

"Ouch! Oppa! What's that for!" She pouted as I flicked my finger on her forehead.

 

"Pabo. Why do you hesitate to call me? What makes you think that I mind being a replacement." I furrowed my brows and lectured her.

 

"Bu-But... You had told me not to go close to him, but I didn't heed your advice. I had brought this all upon myself..." She sighed. "Oppa, I still thank you though... Thank you for coming right away when I needed you..."

 

"Yoona ah... Can't you understand my feelings? You know I don't only treat you as a fr...." I sighed deeply and held her hands tightly, looking straight into her eyes.

 

-----

 

"Alr-Alrights Oppa! I'm fine now already! It's time for me to head to the ball." I pulled my hands away from him and cut him off, letting out a nervous chuckled. I'm not ready for this. No.

 

"Aishh..." I could hear him letting a groan under his breath. "You're still heading to the ball? You're not going to give it a miss?" He looked up at me with unbelievable eyes.

 

"Oppa, I need to oversee the catering part. If not, all of you would not be able to enjoy your dinner. I'm in the council board. I can't just walk away and dump everything to Young Bae Oppa simply because of my bad mood. It isn't fair to him." I gave him a weak smile. He was right. Why did I still bother going to the ball? I was not going with a date. And neither do I have the mood to do anything now. But my responsible side took over me.

 

"You're unbelievable, Im Yoona." He smirked as he shook his head. "Council people got to go early to set things up. Ji Yong is in the council too. Aren't you afraid to see him now?" He looked at me, with his dark eyes full of meaning.

 

------

 

"Aren't you afraid to see him now?" I questioned her and almost immediately regreted. Damn my jealousy.

 

 

At the mention of his name, I could sense that her expression changed. Her brows twitched a little and she took in a deep breath, trying to stop tears from falling again. She gave me a courageous smile, or rather an assuring smile. This took my breath away once again.

 

 

"I still have to meet him somehow don't I? It's just a matter of time. I believe I'm an impartial person. I wouldn't mix personal feelings into my work." She spoke up, her voice quivering a little but was determined.

 

 

I decided to let silent fall on us for a little while. I thought hard for the possibilties of her seeing Ji Yong. One, she would get teary again, crying, screwing herself up in front of everyone. Second, she would try to avoid him throughout the entire thing, hoping that he would never appear in front of her. Third (unlikely), she would confront Ji Yong, scolding and giving him a slap, before storming off from the ball. Lastly, she would make sure she is being occupied with various tasks, so that she wouldn't have to face him and also to take time of her mind. I figured out that the last alternative would most probably be the choice for her. She didn't have the courage to face him. At least not now. But one thing for sure, she is definitely going for the ball. I knew there was no point in arguing with her. She was that adamant. That stubborn.

 

 

"Araso... Let's go then."

 

 

-----

 

"Araso... Let's go then." Seung Hyun Oppa stood up, putting on his coat and adjusted his bowtie.

 

"Mwuh?" My eyes turned wide, staring at him in surprise.

 

"I'm going with you. You aren't going to be partner-less aren't you? You would get mocked by my fangirls~" He smirked.

 

"Yah Oppa!" She pouted and hit me by the arms.

 

"Mwuh? Ouch! I'm doing you a huge favour here! At least show some appreciation!" He groaned and rubbed his arm.

 

------

 

"Says who!" She stuck her tongue out playfully at me. "How about your partner? I don't want her to be like another me..." Her face fell again.

 

"Yah yah. What's with that face. I've already decided to go to the ball alone today already. Since someone had rejected my invation the other time. So, oh well~" I hit her forehead again, trying to distract her from her thought. "And I think, I won't go with someone who had her make-up smudged up and don't bother cleaning up you know." I smirked as I take a look at her face. Though her make up wasn't thick, the massive amount of tears had manage to wash off the foundation she had put on.

 

"OMO! I FORGOT!! AHHHHH!!" This fortunately, diverted her attention as she screamed and looked into the mirror with a horrified face. She started to touch up on her foundations again. Girls~

 

 

I chuckled at her behaviour as I sat down and waited for her to get ready. After 5 minutes, she was done. She was back to the dazzling Im Yoona. Though I knew deep down, her heart was broken into million pieces. She smiled at me sweetly, spreading her arms out, showing me her outfit. Boy, I had to make sure I was breathing and my expression was to be in check. I just simply smirked at her, standing up, extending my arms out for her gentlemanly. Her eyes softened as she took it gracefully, heading out of the house.

 

-----

 

"Oppa, I know I can't sit your motorbike because I'm wearing a dress and I know we are running late, but, I don't wish to DIE at such a young age. You can't drive!!" I practically shrieked with horror when we got out of the house. Instead of the motorbike he had, it was a white, glossy, Audi A4 staring right in front of me. I thought there was a chauffeur or something. But it turned out, there wasn't. There was only us.

 

"Hahaha! Come on. I won't KILL you. I'm still young and dashing. I don't want to die at such a young age too." He chuckled at my expression and opened the car door for me. "Come on! Get in! We're really going to be late if you don't get in now."

 

"Anniyo. I'm not getting in. I'm not going to do something illegal. Not in the past. Not in the future. And definitely not now." I folded my arms across my chest and stood right there, pouting at him. "Oppa! Driving without a license is illegal!!" I cried. I remembered he had told me that he didn't have a car license. Only a motorbike one.

 

"Gosh. Im Yoona. You're really formidable aren't you?" He chuckled as he shook his head in defeat. He took out his wallet from his pocket and pulled out a card, placing right in front of my face. "See this?"

 

 

I blinked, trying to take in what I was seeing. A car license? Since when did he got it! It's just a few months since he told me that he didn't have a license.

 

 

"I got it during the exam period. I was revising for my finals and also taking driving license at the same time. Like you say, not having a car license for guys, is a rather embrassing and inconvenient thing." He had seen through my thoughts again and answered the question perfectly. "And this also explains why I hadn't been looking for you through the exam periods....I wanted to give you this surprise..." The last sentence seemed to be more of a comment to himself but I heard it loud and clear.

 

 

Guilt washed over me once again. Seung Hyun Oppa, once again, did something for me. I remembered telling him to take a driving license soon so that we could go for a spin together. A motorbike is cool too, but I prefer sitting in the car and blasting the music as the strong wind brush against my skin. That's something that Ji Yong Oppa and I enjoyed.... I couldn't believe it. He actually went to take his car license during the finals. I mean, come on! It was his last year. He couldn't afford to score badly. He needed these scores to head to a prestigious college. But yet, he chose to take it and without me knowing too, just so that he could give me this pleasant surprise... He really deserved better... But yet, I treated him like a trash. Picking him up only when needed.

 

 

"Yah Im Yoona! You're daydreaming again aren't you?" He snapped me out of my thought, groaning at me again. "You're really formidable seriously!"

 

"Yah Oppa!" I pouted and once again, give him a hit on his arm.

 

"Araso araso. Shall we get going now? It's S.A.F.E." He laughed and stretched his hand out for me. "Ready?"

 

"More ready than ever~" I smiled as I took his hand, letting me into the car as he closed the car door behind me and headed to the driver seat.

 

------

 

"So, how's the ride?" As he drove, he made sure that I wasn't left alone thinking. I knew he didn't want me to think about the negative things again. He was doing so much for me.

 

"Oppa, gomawoyo..." I looked at his face and at that instant, I was touched. Really touched...

 

"Ahhh. Stop it. You know I hate to hear your 'Gomawoyo' and 'Mianhae'. Spare me that please~" His face became contorted, causing a chuckle to escape from my mouth. "If you really want to thank me, promise me something." He kept his eyes on the road as he spoke up.

 

"Mwuh?"

 

"Promise me that you won't think about him. At least for now. For today. Just focus on the ball. Give me your undivided attention."

 

 

I fell silent again. I was taken aback by his words. I swallowed my saliva, trying to take in what he was saying. I knew the him refers to Ji Yong Oppa. But can I really don't think about him? Can I really forget about him and give Seung Hyun Oppa my undivided attention? I wasn't sure about it, but I was sure that that was the least I can do for him. Giving him my attention. I weighed the importance and possibilities. I put my hands over his on the clutch stick.

 

 

"It's a promise."

 

------

 

"Yoona! G-wencha...." Yuri shouted in relief as she saw Yoona. She knew something had gone terribly wrong when Ji Yong appeared with Kiko to the ballroom. She tried calling Yoona, only to receive a dozen of diverted call and messages. "Na. Oh.. Seung Hyun Oppa! Nice to see you!" Yuri stopped her sentence when she saw Yoona stepping into the ballroom with Seung Hyun right beside her, with his dashing outfit. Handsome and beauty. She thought.

 

"Yuri ah~ You don't seem to be happy to see me aren't you? Your brows are creasing~" Seung Hyun said teasingly.

 

"Ann-Anniyo Oppa! I'm just... I'm just surprised! Yoong! What brings you so late eh?" Yuri laughed as she hit Seung Hyun's arm and turned to Yoona.

 

"Well...I....Er...." Yoona didn't know how to tell Yuri. Every council member was here already and had their eyes fixed on her. Simply because she was too gorgeous. Too stunning.

 

"We had a little debate over the car issue. She doesn't want me to drive the car, saying that she would die if she were to sit in my car, but I insisted." Seung Hyun interrupted, linking Yoona's arms with his, as he gave her a gentle pat. "You know how stubborn is your little friend here~"

 

 

Yoona looked at Seung Hyun with grateful eyes as Seung Hyun just looked at her and smiled brightly. Something that he would always do when he is with her. That assuring smile. That smile that tells her that everything would be fine. Yoona found herself smiling too. His smile was unfaltered and infectious too. She made a mental note that she would tell Yuri the truth soon. But not now. Now is not the best timing.

 

 

"Yah. You didn't tell me you got yourself a car license already! If you had told me, I wouldn't be questioning you and refusing to get into the car!" Yoona pouted. "Yul, it would be alright if we had a change of partner right? I know it's last minute, but this is an er... unforeseen circumstance..." Yoona said almost feeling guilty.

 

"Ahhh! Of COURSE it would be alright! It's a one-on-one change anyway. No worries~ Come on, I think it's time for you to finalise things with the main chef. He was frantically looking for you just now. There seemed to be a minor hiccup on tonight's menu. You know how is your Young Bae Oppa like~ He is totally clueless about food. So, Miss Shikshin, do settle the menu list now. I bet in this entire ballroom, only you and Sooyoung would mind about the food. You guys just simply can't stop eating! Ok, matters aside, Seung Hyun Oppa, let me borrow your partner for a little while alrights?" Yuri explained the situation to Yoona and gave Seung Hyun a wink.

 

"Do I have the right to say no?" Seung Hyun joked.

 

"Haha! Oppa! Cut the joke. Your fangirls are going to run away if they see this sight of you. I'll be right back~ Yul, where is the manager?" Yoona laughed as she hit Seung Hyun gently by the arm.

 

"He is right there. Arguing with the PRESIDENT DONG~" Yuri pointed to the corner of the ballroom where Young Bae and the chef of the hotel were.

 

"Araso araso. Don't keep me waiting for too long, my PARTNER~" Seung Hyun chuckled as he let go of Yoona's arm. Before Yoona left, he leaned in nearer to her, and whispered into her ears. "Don't forget your promise."

 

Yoona shuddered as she felt his breath against her skin. She felt a rush of heat to her face and stood away immediately, feeling embarrassed. "Araso~ I won't forget." She smiled and stride across the ballroom, towards Young Bae.

 

 

All these while, Ji Yong was looking at them. He let out a deep sigh. Seung Hyun was with her once again. Knowing her for almost his entire life, Ji Yong knew that she must had cried buckets of tears before this. And it was all because of him. He had his reasons and wanted to explain to her. But Yoona didn't believe him anymore. She had refused to pick up his calls, shouted at him and even hung up his call. For the very first time, Ji Yong felt that Yoona was going to leave him. And he felt breathless. He needed and loved her more than he had expected. He needed to let her know.

 

------

 

"Gosh. Thank god for you, Yoong~ If not, I would have turn all blue just by trying to talk to that chef. He is just so stubborn!" Young Bae sighed in relief as the manager walked away.

 

"Ahhh Oppa. It's just that you don't know anything about food and hence, you can't communicate with him. Stop frowning~ Everything is settled already~ Just get ready to be the Emcee later~" Yoona smiled at Young Bae.

 

"Yeahs. Everything is settled. Almost. Omo. Yoona ah. Since you're such a sweetheart, do you mind if you could help me check on my mic in the storeroom behind? I need to finalise everything else with the other members first. Please?" Young Bae pleaded.

 

"Aishh~ Oppa! You're always taking advantage of me!"

 

"Well, you were the one that didn't want to be the president~ It would most probably be the other way round now if you agreed to take on the presidential role~" Young Bae chuckled.

 

"Yah Oppa! You know I hated limelight. Araso araso~ Mr PRESIDENT." Yoona gave a light hit on Young Bae's arm and headed to the storeroom behind the ballroom alone.

 

 

Yah. She is going to the storeroom now. That's all I can help you. Save yourself and stop screwing up seriously.

 

------

 

"Hmmm. Where is the mic? Ahhh. Young Bae Oppa must have forgotten where he had last left it. Chinjia. He is always so careless...." Yoona looked around the storeroom and found no sight of any mics.

 

"Oppa! Where did you leave your mic!?" Yoona heard the door opened and thought that it was Young Bae.

 

 

The door closed and there was no reply from the person. Yoona stopped whatever she was looking and turned around to see who had came into the room.

 

-------

 

"Gosh. Here is so stuffy. That Young Bae Oppa. He must have left his mic somewhere else..." I mumbled to myself and had my head bent down as I walked towards the door, wanting to get out of this place. I couldn't afford to face him now. Really. Not now. Jebal...

 

 

But it wasn't for me to wish. I walked past him and he held on to my wrist. I frozed. It was the same touch. The touch that I yearned so badly. That touch that I was suppose to be feeling on my hands tonight. But now, it wasn't. It was a nightmare.

 

 

"Yoona ah...." He spoke up. Our backs were against each other as he held on to my wrist still.

 

 

I made no attempt to speak up. I knew if I were to speak up now, I would have lost. Totally. I wasn't going to let myself nor Seung Hyun Oppa down now. Im Yoona, you got to be strong. I took a deep breath and shrugged my hands away from him, wanting to step out of the storeroom. Of course, having legs that are longer than mine was an advantage to him. Just before I could reach for the door, he was already in front of me, blocking my way. Still, I kept my head low.

 

 

"Yoona ah. Listen to me...." He whispered in a desperate and depressed tone as he held on to my elbow. "I can explain this... Really."

 

"There isn't a need for explaination, Oppa. It's very clear now. Your partner is Kiko now. Not me. You should return back to her side now. I've got things to settle still." I mustered all my courage to shrug of his hands once again. He was destroying all the walls of defence that I built up earlier on.

 

"Anniyo. Look, you got to hear me out. It's not what you think!" He cried out. Now why, was he behaving this way?

 

"Mwuh? Hear you out? I had always been hearing you out! But all I heard was your coax! Your LIES! I had enough Oppa. Really. Let's stop here before we argue ok?" I finally had the courage to look him into the eyes. I almost gave in when I saw that his eyes too, were full of sadness and anxiety. It was as though... as though he was worried for me. No Im Yoona. It's not what you think it is. Stop your thinking.

 

"I really have a reason behind this. You've got to listen to me. I know you're upset and angry with me now, but please, listen to what I've got to say." He pleaded, trying to keep his tone in check.

 

"Like I said, there isn't a need for explainations. I had known your answer already. It's fair enough. Now, please step aside. I got to find Seung Hyun Oppa now. He's waiting for me outside, and Kiko is waiting for you too. It would be bad if someone found us being in this room alone." I tried to stop my voice from quivering as I pushed him aside.

 

 

To my surprise, he fell to the side with my push. I was shocked. I thought he would stablise himself for the push. I had never been able to push him aside no matter how strong I was. Why would it happen now? I felt like going over to check him out, to help him up. But... But I had promise Seung Hyun Oppa. No thinking of him today. No thinking of Kwon Ji Yong. I'm only allowed to think of Choi Seung Hyun. Choi Seung Hyun. Yes. Choi Seung Hyun. Now Yoona, make a run now. Now. Before your tears and knees start to give in.

 

------

 

"Yoona... Trust me." Ji Yong tried for the final time as Yoona opened the door, wanting to make a run already.

 

"You've already lost the trust when you gave me that call in the evening..." She stopped short at the door and spat out this sentence before running away quickly, hand over to prevent Ji Yong from hearing her cries.

 

 

Ji Yong sighed as he slumped onto the floor. Was he really going to lose her this time round? Forever? He couldn't even bear to think about this.

 

------

 

After that short but cold conversation in the storeroom, Yoona and Ji Yong didn't communicate at all. Ji Yong was in a daze throughout the whole programme while Yoona were all the while, trying to stop her tears from falling and also to stop her gaze from looking at Ji Yong's direction. Seung Hyun had noticed it but chose to ignore it. He knew better not to push her further. She was trying her best now. He should encourage her instead of lecturing her. The event seemed to have fly past and finally it was the finale. The result for the Ballroom King and Queen. Yoona prayed hard that it wasn't her this time round. The last thing she wanted now, was to be on the same stage with Ji Yong, and holding hands.

 

 

"Now... Here comes the finale!! Every single one of you sitting here has cast your votes for the hottest boy and girl in our school~! So, now it's time to reveal the results!" Yunho announced excitedly. "Who you guys think it would be?!!"

 

 

There were screams and shouts, cheering for the person that they had voted. All these while, Yoona's mind was blank. She was praying hard not to be her.

 

------

 

"Ok! Without further ado, let's announced the ballroom queen first! She is gorgeous, cute, talented, and kind. The perfect girl that every guy wants to have as a girlfriend. Well, we have three finalists and they are Im Yoona from 1A, Kwon Yuri from 1A and Kwon Boa from 2A! Who do you think would be the queen tonight?!!!"

 

 

Everyone was shouting but I couldn't hear a single thing. God. Please do not let it be me. Please.

 

 

"Once again, for the third time in the row... MISS IM YOONA FROM CLASS 1A!!! Everyone please applause!!!"

 

 

Damn it. My life is going to be ruin. Totally. 

 

 

"Breathe Yoona. Breathe. It's time for you to get up on the stage." Seung Hyun Oppa patted my hands encouragingly as he whispered to me, prompting me to get up.

 

 

I smiled forcefully and got up. My eyes were tired. I had cried so hard in the bathroom just now after the conversation with Ji Yong Oppa. So hard that I had to apply heavy foundations to cover my swollen eyes. Luckily the path to the stage wasn't long. If not, I swore that my knees would have buckled. I smiled as the principal put the tiara on my head. It was on me once again. For the third time. Everyone applaude loudly.

 

 

"Now, for the male~ This year, it was once again a tough fight. We have the usual finalist, Kwon Ji Yong and Shim Changmin from Class 2A. And joining them in line this year, is Choi Seung Hyun from Class 2B! Would this dark horse win this time round? Who would be the final ballroom king?!" Yunho started his announcing again and the audience screamed and cheered again.

 

 

God, please do not let it be Kwon Ji Yong. God, please do not let it be Kwon Ji Yong. God, please let it be Kwon Ji Yong. God, please let it be Kwon Ji Yong. No, Im Yoona! Stop hallucinating! God, please let it be Choi Seung Hyun. Choi Seung Hyun.

 

 

"SHIM CHANGMIN!! CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR NEW BALLROOM KING!!"

 

 

Mwuh? Are you kidding me?

 

-----

 

While some people such as Yuri were horrified, others were cheering for Changmin. It was obvious that Yunho had tamper with the votes. It was obviously Changmin's idea. But it couldn't be stop now. If not, everything would be chaotic. Yuri wanted to stop Changmin from getting up on stage but was stopped by Young Bae. They couldn't afford to ruin this now. The principal would kill them. The last thing he wanted was, to offend Changmin's parents. Both Seung Hyun and Ji Yong were shocked. Out of all people, it had to be him. It had to be Shim Changmin. As for Yoona, what else could she do? She was just sitted on the chair, all ready to be slaughtered.

 

 

Changmin stood up confidently, adjusted his coat and sashayed down the path. He got onto the stage and received the thunderous applause. He too, receive the crown from the principal. He smirked as he began to walk towards Yoona, who was staring blankly at him now. He bent down and stretched his arm out for Yoona in a gentlemanly way. Yoona blinked. Should she just make a run for it now, or should she take her hand and finish this whole ceremony so that the principal would not find trouble for them? She gulped down her saliva hard and chose the latter.

 

 

Now, the ballroom King and Queen were on the centre of the stage, holding hands. Yoona was blinded by the flash of camera lights and she felt nausaeous. As if her day wasn't bad enough. Now, she was a couple with Changmin. Out of ALL people.

 

 

"Now, as an added bonus for this year's event, let's have the ballroom king to kiss the ballroom queen!!!" Yunho suddenly roared, causing everyone to be taken aback.

 

 

Everyone was shocked. This had become even more obvious. They didn't plan this at all beforehand. It wasn't part of the event. It was something made up by Yunho himself. However, it wasn't known to the audience. Only the councilors knew. But they couldn't do anything about it. The audience began to cheer and chant for the kiss.

 

 

"I told you I would get my hands on you someday, Yoona~" Changmin smirked as put his hands on Yoona's bare shoulders, leaning nearer to her, their lips inches apart. Yoona stood there, shutting her eyes tight as she waited for the impending doom.

 

 

------

 

 

Kick him on the shin and make a run, Yoona!! No, there isn't time for it anymore. I'm dead... Totally... Someone... Please save me.. Ji Yong Oppa... Seung Hyun Oppa...