Ahhh~ Those were the times~

Love Like This

C U R R E N T  S O N G

声をきかせて (Let Me Hear Your Voice) [Big Bang]

 

For the next few weeks, Yoona tried contacting Ji Yong. However, their conversations never lasted for more than 10minutes. It would always be Ji Yong wanting to end the conversation. Yoona didn't know why. She thought, perhaps, Ji Yong was getting serious with this girlfriend of his. She saw them always being a pair in school. Be it coincidence or just pure bad luck, she would always run into them in school and that girlfriend of his would act all so lovey-dovey with him, in front of her. She could tell that Ji Yong didn't really like it because his face would always cringe. An expression to show his unhappiness. But then again, she didn't question Ji Yong about his relationship. She never did anyway. As for the note that he wrote for her, many a times, Yoona wanted to bring it up to him, but he always avoided it. It was either he tried to hang up the call, or he tried to divert the topic. Hence, after many failed attempts, she gave up asking him. As for Yoona, her friendship with Seung Hyun blossomed as days passed. Seung Hyun had a total change of style. From a geeky, easy-to-bully boy, to a handsome and charismatic young man that smittens women. However, his personality never really undergo a transformation. He was still the shy, quiet boy. Many girls wanted to make friends with him but he refused to talk more with them. He only stuck to his clique of friends and that was Young Bae, Yuri, Yoona and Ji Yong. If Ji Yong happened to be having lunch with them of course. But that's too rare. Every morning, Seung Hyun never failed to show up in front of Yoona's house, fetching her to school, unless Yoona had to accompany Yuri. Hence, rumors of dating Yoona had shifted from Ji Yong to Seung Hyun, thus causing Seung Hyun to earn much jealousy and hatred from Yoona's fanboys. Of course, Yoona too, gotten some hatred and jealousy from the girls. But this time round, it was from Seung Hyun's fangirls instead of Ji Yong's. Well, not that they cared anyway. They got lots more things to do beside caring those people. Young Bae had dragged Seung Hyun into the basketball team and since Seung Hyun had a great advantage due to his height, he made it into the school team quickly. End of year was coming soon and everyone was busy with their projects and finals. Yoona was even busier. She still had the school annual ball to organise, given that she was in the student councillor committee.

 

Today, was another meeting among the student councillors. The only time where Ji Yong and Yoona would interact, without Kiko nor Seung Hyun around. Since it was the final meeting before the actual thing, every member was required to attend. Thus, as much as Changmin and Ji Yong hated each other, they had to sit down and attend this meeting.

 

 

"So Yoona-sshi, what are the things left to be finalised?" Young Bae asked Yoona, the secretary.

 

"Er... Everything is almost done. The venue... The guest list... The food... The prizes... The performances... Hmm. Oh, what's left, is the finalisation of our own people. We need the names of you and the partner or friend that you are bringing, so that we could arrange you guys to sit together. If there is any flops, we would be able to solve it right away. Yups. That's about it. Oh right. And the finalisation of duties of different people..." Yoona tapped on the board as she read through the list, making sure that everything was settled.

 

"Hmmm. Let's start with the confirmation of our seatings first then." Young Bae nodded.

 

"Neh~"

 

"Of course I would be going with Kwon Yuri..." Young Bae was first up.

 

"Araso araso. I already noted that down, Mr. President~" Yoona chuckled. "Next, Changmin-sshi~" Given that it was a formal meeting, Yoona had to be polite with Changmin, as much as she hated it. 

 

"Me? Oh, I would be going with BoA, since Yoona-sshi never fails to reject my invitation every single year. Right, Yoona-sshi?" Changmin smirked.

 

"Neh~ Next, Yunho-sshi?" Yoona just nodded and ignored Changmin's comments.

 

"Hyoyeon..."

 

"Neh~ Kim Hyoyeon... And how about you, Ji Yong-sshi?" She went through the list of members and finally came to Ji Yong.

 

"Well, Im Yoona." Ji Yong smirked.

 

"Araso~ Im Yoo... Jemkanmanyo. Are you sure you gave the correct name?" Yoona noted down but noticed that something was amiss and looked up, being puzzled.

 

"Why not? She is always my partner for every single year. What's wrong with that?" Ji Yong said nonchalantly.

 

"You're going with ME? Aren't you going with Kiko? Won't she be upset?" Yoona asked.

 

"Come on. Every year, be it whether I have a girlfriend or not, my partner is always you. And this year, there is no exception." Ji Yong flashed Changmin a triumph glance and saw him smirked.

 

"But, you seemed to be quite serious with this girlfriend of yours..." Yoona muttered under her breath.

 

"Mwuh?"

 

"Ann-anniyo! Are you sure?"

 

"Chinjia. Why are you so naggy? Y.E.S. My partner would be Im Yoona. Unless she is taken already of course~" Ji Yong folded his arms as he leaned back against the chair.

 

"Of.. Of course not!" Yoona became really elated that Ji Yong still picked her as his partner! She thought this year, she would be going alone to the ball. Not because she had a lack of partners, but because she only wanted Ji Yong to be her partner. She didn't want to give others a false hope.

 

"Alrights then~ Settled. I would be going with you. And besides, it would be weird if this year, the party King and Queen aren't partners. Isn't it?" Ji Yong shrugged his head and yawned. He was right. Every single year, the king and queen would definitely be him and Yoona. Without fail. "Some people would forever be a LOSER." Ji Yong looked at Changmin, trying to spite him.

 

"Yah! You..." Changmin stood up angrily, wanting to start another fight with Ji Yong.

 

"Araso araso! Changmin-sshi, please calm down. Stop the bragging, Ji Yong. So now, let's move on to the jobs allocations.." Young Bae cut their conversation off before anything happens. Yunho immediately pulled Changmin down to sit beside him.

 

"Right. If we were to stick to last year's plan, I guess the opening speech would be done by the President. The Emcee would be Yuri-sshi.. Yunho-sshi would be in charge of the performances, Changmin-sshi would be in charge of the reception counter, while Ji Yong-sshi would be in charge of the prizes. What's left now would be the catering and the counting of votes for the party king and queen... They are left unfilled because Tiffany-sshi and Yonghwa-sshi left the council... Any suggestion for these two jobs?" Yoona looked back on her notebook and announced.

 

"Hmmm. Yoona-sshi, I don't think you can be the one counting the votes. People would think that you're being unfair, counting yourself with more number of votes." Yuri brought up the point.

 

"Yeahs. And besides, it would be weird if you announce your own name out and receive the prize. Isn't it?" Ji Yong chuckled.

 

"Yah! It may not be me this year, alrights?" Yoona pouted.

 

"That's what you always say every year~" Ji Yong smirked.

 

"Chinjia... Araso araso. So, what do I do?"

 

"Hmmm. I think it's best for you to be in charge of the catering. You're more meticulous." Young Bae suggested.

 

"Araso.. Now, how about the counting of votes? Is there any volunteers for that?" Yoona noted her assignment down.

 

"I would take up this job then. Since reception job would be done after 1 hour of the starting time. I would be free by then." Changmin said nonchalantly.

 

"Object! Who knows if you would tamper with the votes or not. You're always behind me. Who knows if you would play dirty this time round." For the first time in the meeting, Ji Yong became alert.

 

"Yeahs, Changmin-sshi. I'm sure you would want a fair competition with you and Ji Yong. It has always been a fight between you two." Young Bae objected to the idea too.

 

"Yeahs. And I think this time round, you guys would have a fight with another new guy, Choi Seung Hyun. His popularity is increasing rapidly. I heard the girls talking about him during their lunches." Yuri spoke up too.

 

"Araso araso. Since so, then I voted Yunho-sshi for the job. I would switch jobs with him. How about that?" Changmin then suggested.

 

 

The whole room fell silent. Although they were unsure of Yunho's capability of doing the job since he was Changmin's best friend, they had no reason to object it. They had to be fair. Hence, they hoped that Changmin would not play dirty. Hopefully.

 

 

"So. I guess, Yunho-sshi, would take up the job of vote counting and reception while Changmin-sshi would be in charge of performances. Any objections?"

 

 

No one voiced out their opinions even though Ji Yong very much wanted to object. But he knew that his reasons wouldn't be rebutted back. Therefore, he gave up.

 

 

"Great~ Everything is finalised. So, see you guys on the day of the ball~ And, all the best for your exams.." Young Bae ended the meeting.

 

"Hopefully, that Changmin and Yunho would not play dirty. I'm really worried for you, Yoona. You know how much Changmin wanted to pair with you." Yuri was having a small chat with Yoona as they packed their bags.

 

"Hmmm. We don't have a choice. Do we? I think, Changmin wouldn't be that evil... Let's just play along and pray that he would not be up to something bad..." Yoona sighed. 

 

"Yeahs... Do you want to go and have dinner with us? I know your Aunty is out of country again~ Ji Yong Oppa would be coming along you know. That's so rare now." Both girls finally finished packing their bags and were heading towards the door where Young Bae and Ji Yong were waiting for them.

 

"Oh.  But...." Yoona really wanted to go with them. It had been ages since she last had a meal with Ji Yong. But, she couldn't. She had already arranged with Seung Hyun to do their module project.

 

"Pshh~ Looks like she couldn't make it already. HER geeky boy is here~" Ji Yong interrupted her sentence and looked at Seung Hyun who was running towards them. 

 

"Mianhae... Am... Am I late?" Seung Hyun panted as he apologised.

 

"Ahhh. Seung Hyun Oppa! What brings you here?" Yuri asked.

 

"Yul, I couldn't have dinner with you tonight already. I had promised Seung Hyun Oppa that we would finish our project by today..." Yoona felt guilty.

 

"Ahhh. Anniyo, work is more important. Besides, I would be angry if you were with other people. However, since it's Seung Hyun Oppa, I shall let it pass." Yuri laughed.

 

"Unnie! You're being bias! Young Bae Oppa! Please control your girlfriend!" Yoona groaned.

 

"Hahaha! That's her~ Kwon Yuri. The unstoppable." Young Bae laughed as he wrapped his arms around Yuri's waist. "So Ji Yong, are you still coming with us? Yoona is not going already. And you would always grumble, saying that our actions gross you out." Young Bae turned and asked Ji Yong.

 

"Of COURSE I'm going. I'm unlike someone. Going for a date, dumping her friends." Ji Yong couldn't help but express his unhappiness.

 

"Yah! You! I don't mean it ok! And I'm not going for a date! I... Pshhh. Looks like someone would be going for a DATE too." Yoona wanted to apologise but she saw Kiko running towards them and turned sour immediately.

 

 

Ji Yong turned around and saw Kiko. He sighed as Kiko linked her arms with him.

 

 

"I had just finished my dance session and I had cancelled my appointment with my friends~ So, I can accompany you for dinner!" Kiko smiled to Ji Yong as she spoke up, totally ignoring Yoona and the others.

 

"Oh..." Ji Yong's face immediately fell as he tried to break away from her. He didn't like girls who are clingy.

 

"Er... Oppa, I guess me and baby would get going first then. You should have dinner with your girlfriend..." Yuri immediately wanted to leave tht place. She didn't really have a good impression of Kiko and this was made worse by the fact that she was with Ji Yong now, snatching Yoona's love.

 

"Yeahs. We should get going already. My Appa and Umma would be there too. Mianhae Kiko-sshi. We weren't able to have dinner with you because my Appa and Umma don't really like to meet my new friends since an incident... They only like Yul, Ji Yong and Yoona... Sorry about that.." Young Bae backed his girlfriend up, finding an excuse. Young Bae too, didn't like Kiko. He had a feeling that she was not the one for Ji Yong. And she seemed... She seemed cunning. However, he never really did bring it up to Ji Yong. Because he didn't want to upset him. They had an argument before and it was about her. Hence, ever since then, he would not mention anything about Kiko in front of Ji Yong.

 

"Anniyo~ As long as Ji Yong is with me, everything would be fine~" Kiko planted a kiss on Ji Yong's cheek, earning the digusted look from Yuri.

 

"Hmmm. Yoong, are you leaving also?" Young Bae tried to calm his girlfriend down and asked Yoona.

 

"Er..." Yoona looked at Ji Yong who looked down immediately. He really wanted her to stay, but he knew that he didn't have any position to say anything. "Yeahs.. Let's go, Seung Hyun Oppa..." Yoona sighed. "Guess we'll see you around then Ji Yong Oppa... And, er... Kiko-sshi..."

 

"Neh! Annyeong!!" Kiko bid them goodbye.

 

-----

 

"So, we'll split from here then. Are you sure you're not coming with us, Yoong? You'll be alone at home you know... And I heard that there would be a heavy thunderstorm tonight. And Ji Yong is not going to b..." Young Bae wanted to finish his sentence but before he could do so, he already earned an elbow from Yuri.

 

"Araso araso! Don't be such a naggy Oppa, baby. Yoong knows how to take care of herself. And besides, Seung Hyun Oppa would be taking care of her. Right Oppa?" Yuri laughed Young Bae's remarks off and tried to divert Yoona's attention.

 

"Oh... Yeahs. Don't worry."

 

"Araso~ So Yoong, if anything happens, give us a call alrights. We'll be right there. All the best for your project! Hwaiting!" Yuri turned to Yoona and reminded her.

 

"Neh! Hwaiting!" Yoona forced a smile as she left with Seung Hyun, leaving Yuri and Young Bae behind.

 

"Yah! Dong Young Bae!" Yuri pouted and hit Young Bae by the arms as she saw Yoona and Seung Hyun were out of their sight.

 

"O-Ouch! Mwuh!" The innocent Young Bae groaned.

 

"Yah! You know Yoong is already upset that Ji Yong Oppa chose Kiko over us and yet you still dare to mention how Ji Yong Oppa would comfort her when there was a thunderstorm? She would even be more upset!" Yuri groaned.

 

"Oh... But then, Ji Yong did appear in front of her no matter when she needed him. Especially when it was a thunderstorm... This is a fact... She would know even if I don't say it..." Young Bae scratched his head in bewilderment. He didn't understand what Yuri was driving at.

 

"Aishh~ Chinjia! Why do I have such a CLUELESS boyfriend!" Yuri sighed in defeat and walked away from Young Bae.

 

"Yah! Baby!! Wait for me!!"

 

------

 

"So... Where do you wanna go?" Seung Hyun asked Yoona as they walked aimlessly.

 

"Mwuh? Aren't we going to do our project?"

 

"Yeahs. But where? If we do it in school, most probably we would get locked up in no time and we would be camping in the school. If you don't mind, I won't mind too, you know." Seung Hyun tried to crack a joke, wanting to cheer Yoona up. He knew that Yoona was upset about certain things.

 

"Hahaha! Of course not! Aigoo Oppa! If only those fangirls see this side of you!!" Indeed, this got Yoona all cracked up.

 

"So, you are suppose to be mum about this! If you dare to leak this top secret out, I would....."

 

"Mwuh? You would silence me?" Yoona laughed.

 

"No! I would... TICKLE you!!" Seung Hyun then start tickling Yoona all over, causing her to shriek. Hence, they ended up fooling around in the street for awhile.

 

"Araso araso! I... I'm out of breath already!!" Yoona finally admitted defeat as she sat down in the nearby bench, fighting for breaths.

 

"I thought you're the school athlete? Why is your stamina so poor?" Seung Hyun smirked.

 

"Yah! Araso araso. I shall not argue with you~ Oppa.... Kamsahaminda..." Yoona smiled at Seung Hyun brightly. She knew that he was trying to cheer her up. Through this week, Seung Hyun seemed to have become the worm in her stomach. He knew exactly when she was upset, when she was happy and when she was just acting strong.

 

"For what? For tickling you? I can do that again if you want me to! I would be most gladly to oblige" Seung Hyun tried to act blur.

 

"Anniyo! Aishh~ I know you're just trying to act blur~ I know you know what I meant~" Yoona stuck her tongue out at him. "Come on! Enough of fun. Let's get back to work! So, where should we go?" Yoona jumped up from the bench and was perked up once again.

 

"Hmmm... If you don't mind, we could head over to my house..." Seung Hyun pondered for awhile and offered his suggestion.

 

"Mwuh? Your house?" Yoona was a little taken aback.

 

"Yeahs... But of course, that's provided if you don't mind..."

 

"Of course I don't mind! I mean I would LOVE to visit your house! Among my good friends, your house is the only one that I hadn't been to yet. But it's just I'm worried that this might disturb your family..." Yoona explained.

 

"Ahhh. Of course not. I think my mum would be so happy to see you.. And that two brats..." Seung Hyun muttered under his breath.

 

"Mwuh?"

 

"Anniyo! I mean my family are all nice people. And besides, we are there for work purposes, not to have fun. So, you need not feel bad about it. I'm just afraid that we won't be able to focus on our work because I have two irritating brothers at home.."

 

"Ahhh. No worries! I would love to interact with them! I had always wanted a dongsaeng but I'm the only child. So, I'm always jealous of those who had a dongsaeng to play with. And you've got two!" Yoona cried excitedly. "I can't wait to meet them!"

 

"Ha. Wait till you see them~ They are behaving like 10years old kids when they are suppose to be 18... Well, so, shall we get going?" Seung Hyun chuckled upon talking about his brothers. He stood up and extended his arms out for Yoona to hold.

 

"Neh!" Yoona smiled as she linked arms with Seung Hyun, making their way to his house.

 

-----

 

"Jemkanmanyo. This... This is YOUR house?" Yoona stood in front of the house and her jaws almost dropped. Wait. That was not a house. It was a MANSION. "OPPA! WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME THAT YOU ARE RICH AND LIVE IN SUCH A HOUSE?!! I should have at least wore something more appropriate!" She groaned.

 

"Mwuh? Oh that... Ahh. It's just a roof over my head like yours anyways. What's there to say about? And besides, I don't think I'm rich." Seung Hyun chuckled at Yoona's expression. "And you think our school uniform is inappropriate? I'm so going to tell you in to Mr Park that you find our uniform a disgrace. I bet this will earn you another lunchtime spent in the detention room~"

 

"Yah Oppa! You call...You call this mansion, just a roof over your head?!! Gosh. You must be crazy." Yoona pouted. "And if I'm going back to that room, I'm dragging you down with me. Don't forget you're my dentention partner! We spent our first time there~"

 

"Hmmm. That sounds pretty wrong..." Seung Hyun joked.

 

"Chinjia! Oppa! You need to purify your mind seriously!" Yoona groaned as she hit Seung Hyun on his hand hard.

 

"OUCH! Araso araso! Let's go in, shall we?"

 

------

 

"Umma! I'm home!!" Seung Hyun called out as he entered the mansion with Yoona.

 

"WELCOME BACK MY BABY!!" Mrs Choi saw Seung Hyun and immediately gave him a peck on his cheek, hugging him.

 

"Umma umma, come on. We have a guest here..." Seung Hyun cleared his throat in embarassment as he stepped aside, revealing Yoona who was standing behind him.

 

"Annyeonghaesaeyo... Im Yoona immida... Sorry to disturb you, Mrs Choi..." Yoona smiled and bowed, greeting Mrs Choi.

 

"Ahhhh! Yoona... Im Yoona.. Sounds familiar... Where have I heard it before... OMO!! SEUNGRI AH!! DAESUNGGIE!!" Mrs Choi thought hard for awhile and shouted in excitement, alerting her two other sons.

 

"Umma! Mwuh? Why are you shouting? I'm putting on my facial ma... OMO!! SEUNGRI AHH!!!" Daesung was the first to hear his mother's screams and came out from his room to see what was going on and saw Yoona downstairs. "HYUNG BROUGHT A WOMAN BACK HOME!!! IT'S TIME TO OPEN A CHAMPAGNE!!"

 

"Mwuh?! Chinjia! I'm talking on phone with my Seobaby! What's the commotion?" Seungri was on the phone when he got out of his room. "MWUH?!! Baby, I'll call you back later. Something shocking is happening in my house right now. My fossil Hyung bring a girl back home. I'll call you back later. Love you!" Seungri almost had his eyes popped out when he saw Yoona.

 

----- 

 

"Yah yah! What's wrong with the three of you!?!!" I groaned upon seeing all of their expression. Damn. They are disgracing me.

 

"Annyeonghaesaeyo Yoona-sshi... Nice to meet you!" Umma went past me and embraced Yoona tightly. "You finally CAME!!!" She exclaimed.

 

"Eh? Mianhae... Sorry for not dropping by to visit... I should have come earlier..." Yoona smiled and returned the hug. She must be inferring that I had been talking alot about her in front of my mum. But that wasn't it. They knew her long before we gotten close.

 

"Omo! Nice to meet you Yoona-sshi!! I HAD BEEN HEARING SO MUCH ABOUT YOU!!!" My idiotic brother number 1, ignored my comments too, pushed me away and shook Yoona's hand excitedly. "ANNYEONGHAESAEYO! DAESUNG IMMIDA!!"

 

"Ann-Annyeonghaesaeyo Daesung-sshi. I guess.. I guess your Hyung must have mention me in front of you before. Nice to meet you..." Yoona seemed to be taken aback his outburst of excitement, but still, being the polite Im Yoona, she kept her smile on.

 

"Yah! Choi Daesung! Your FACE!" Guess like I got to step in to help her out.

 

"Omo! I was so excited to see you that I had forgotten all about that!" He took out his facial mask and smiled brightly at Yoona. "Yupps. He did mention you in front of us. Much MORE than you had expected." He smirked. "Right Hyung?"

 

"Y..Yah! SHUT UP!" I immediately tried to shut him up, catching him by his neck.

 

"Ahhh. Never mind them... Annyeonghaesaeyo... Choi Seungri immida. Nice to meet you. You're getting prettier as you grow, Noona..." Before I could shut the first one up, my second idiotic brother number 2, Choi Seungri, walked past us calmly, extended his hands out and bowed to Yoona, showing his irritating 'gentlemancy' that he claimed all girls would fall for.

 

"Yah! Who call people noona the first time they met them!?" I shouted at Seungri for his rudeness.

 

"Ann-anniyo. Gwenchana Oppa. I always wanted a dongsaeng. And now, I have one too! I would like to be called Noona." Yoona gave me an assuring smile. "Nice to meet you too, Seungri.." Yoona smiled. "Opps. Is it ok to call you that?" She turned back to Seungri and smiled at him.

 

"That would most certainly be my pleasure~" Seungri gave the proud smirk.

 

 

Why are my family like that? Someone, please kill me now.

 

 

------

 

"Yah yah! What's wrong with the three of you!?!!" Seung Hyun Oppa groaned upon seeing all of their expression. What a cute guy he was.

 

"Annyeonghaesaeyo Yoona-sshi... Nice to meet you!" Mrs Choi ignored him and gave me a deep hug. "You finally CAME!!!" She exclaimed.

 

"Eh? Mianhae... Sorry for not dropping by to visit... I should have come earlier..." I smiled and returned the hug. Hmmm. I guessed Seung Hyun Oppa must have mentioned me in front of her?

 

"Omo! Nice to meet you Yoona-sshi!! I HAD BEEN HEARING SO MUCH ABOUT YOU!!!" Just then, a guy pushed Seung Hyun Oppa away and shook my hand excitedly. "ANNYEONGHAESAEYO! DAESUNG IMMIDA!!" Wow. This guy sure was a little scary with his facial mask on.

 

"Ann-Annyeonghaesaeyo Daesung-sshi. I guess.. I guess your Hyung must have mention me in front of you before. Nice to meet you..." I tried to stay calm and smiled at him. I knew he didn't mean any harm. I guessed I'm the first girl that Seung Hyun Oppa brought home? Or maybe, the first person, given the past personality of his.

 

"Yah! Choi Daesung! Your FACE!" Seung Hyun Oppa seemed to have noticed my uneasy expression and scolded his brother. Not a surprise to me. He seemed to have the ability to read my mind.

 

"Omo! I was so excited to see you that I had forgotten all about that!" Daesung took out his facial mask and smiled brightly at me. "Yupps. He did mention you in front of us. Much MORE than you had expected." He smirked. "Right Hyung?"

 

"Y..Yah! SHUT UP!" Seung Hyun Oppa became flustered and tried to keep him quiet, grabbing him by his neck. Mwuh? Why did it sound like they had some kind of secrets about me among themselves?

 

"Ahhh. Never mind them... Annyeonghaesaeyo... Choi Seungri immida. Nice to meet you. You're getting prettier as you grow, Noona..." Before he could settle Daesung, another guy walked towards me, extended his hands out and bowed, showing his gentlemancy. Hmmm. A nice act though. But it was not something I liked for guys~

 

"Yah! Who call people noona the first time they met them!?" Seung Hyun Oppa shouted at him again.

 

"Ann-anniyo. Gwenchana Oppa. I always wanted a dongsaeng. And now, I have one too! I would like to be called Noona." I flashed Seung Hyun Oppa an assuring smile. "Nice to meet you too, Seungri.." Yoona smiled. "Opps. Is it ok to call you that?" I turned back to Seungri and smiled at him.

 

"That would most certainly be my pleasure~" Seungri gave the proud smirk. 

 

 

Haha. What an interesting family Seung Hyun Oppa have. They were all nice and friendly people. Phew~ And I guess all of them have good genes. Seungri and Daesung were all good-looking. Sorry to say that, but I thought they would all look like the past Seung Hyun Oppa, being geeky and stuffs. But instead, both of them were fashionable and stylish! Totally cool~ But then again, they were not as handsome as Seung Hyun Oppa. I was talking about after his transformation of course.

 

------

 

"Er Umma. We'll head up to complete our project first..." Seung Hyun ruffled his hair, wanting to get out of this mess.

 

"Araso araso! Enjoy son!" Mrs Choi giggled. "Ahhh~ Reminds me of the old times~"

 

-----

 

"Aishh~ Chinjia... Mianhae. My family is a little... Er.. Noisy.." Seung Hyun apologised to Yoona the moment they were alone in his room.

 

"Haha! Gwenchana! I think they are really lively! Very interesting and welcoming." Yoona smiled. She didn't understand what Seung Hyun was nervous about.

 

"Ahhh. Yeahs.. But that brothers of mine, gosh. Sometimes, I don't know whether to laugh or to cry seriously." Seung Hyun shook his head as he thought about Daesung and Seungri.

 

"Eh? I think they are very nice people! Friendly I would say. Of course you must be happy Oppa! You blessed with two wonderful dongsaengs!" Yoona exclaimed.

 

"Araso araso. But sometimes, they can really be a pain. By the way, are you going with anyone to the annual ball? I didn't want you to be alone. For all you know, you may end up getting bullied by my fangirls." Seung Hyun joked. He was indirectly asking Yoona to be his partner.

 

"Hahaha! More of like the other way round! My fanboys would attack you if you were to be my partner. Oppa, if you want me to be your partner, then ask me! Don't act cool! I'm not one of your fangirls~" Yoona chuckled.

 

"Yeahs yeahs. It's the same anyway. So, are you available, Miss Im?"

 

"Hmmm... Mianhae Oppa... Ji Yong Oppa had asked me to be his partner just now already and I had agreed..." Yoona rejected Seung Hyun. She felt guilty but the person she really wanted to go with was Ji Yong.

 

"Ahhh. Gwenchana... You and Ji Yong should go together. You two are always the Party King and Queen... I just thought that he already has a girlfriend and perhaps his girlfriend would want to attend this ball with him..." Seung Hyun was disappointed. He lost to Ji Yong once again.

 

"Yeahs.. That's what I thought of too. But apparently, he said that he is going with me. Every year is the same and this year, is no exception."

 

"Ahhh. I see... Alrights then. Guess like I got to wait for my time~" Seung Hyun sighed.

 

"Ahhh. Oppa! Come on, you're spending more time with me, aren't you? It's just a ball. We'll see each other there too anyways~" Yoona tried to cheer Seung Hyun up.

 

"Oh well~ Araso araso."

 

 

Hence, there was a little of awkward moment between them after the short conversation. Each of them was struggling with their own thoughts. Luckily, Daesung and Seungri broke the cold atmosphere.

 

 

"Yah! Stop pushing! I can't hear a single thing already! Chinjia!" Both of them were outside Seung Hyun's room, trying to take a peek of what was happening inside. They pushed each other and finally, fell flat in front of Seung Hyun and Yoona who were looking at them.

 

"Aishh~ See what I mean by they could be a pain?" Seung Hyun sighed as he turned to Yoona, who just chuckled at his expression. "Why are you eveasdropping our conversation my dear dongsaengs?" He turned to glare at them.

 

"Ann-Anniyo! We.. We... are just under the Umma's order!" Daesung was scared of his brother's glare and stuttered.

 

"Mwuh?"

 

"Umma asked Yoona Noona to stay for dinner." Seungri stood up and spoke confidently.

 

"Yah! You all must asked her at least! You can't just assume that she's going to stay behind for dinner!" Seung Hyun groaned.

 

"Oppa, calm down~ Hmmm. I would love to! Seungri ah, do you mind helping me to convey my thanks to Mrs Choi? Sorry for the trouble though..." Yoona patted Seung Hyun's shoulder and turned to Seungri, answering his question.

 

"I knew Noona would agree! YAY!! Hyung! 2000won please!" Seungri cheered and smirked at Daesung. They had made a bet on whether Yoona would stay for dinner or not and Daesung lost the bet.

 

"Mwuh?!! You brats actually made a bet on this?!! Chinjia!!!" Seung Hyun was totally embarrassed by his brothers. "Yoona ah. You should get started on our project first. My draft is inside my bedside drawer. Go take a look first. I'll be right back." With that, Seung Hyun grabbed both Seungri and Daesung by their neck and went out of the room, closing the door behind him.

 

"HYUNG~!!!!" Yoona heard Seungri's and Daesung's cries and laughed to herself. The three of them had such close relationship.

 

------ 

 

"Yoona ah! I...." . I was too late. By the time I opened the door, she was already looking at the tin with shocked expression on her face.

 

 

I had forgotten that I put the tin inside the bedside drawer while I was looking at it before my bedtime. Damn.

 

 

"Mianhae...." I walked towards her, feeling awkward.

 

"Oppa. What's this?" Yoona picked up the hankerchief and asked me. "Why do you have my handkerchief?"

 

 

-----

 

After Seung Hyun Oppa had left the room with Seungri and Daesung, I walked over to the bedside drawer and opened it up. However, instead of seeing the draft work, I saw a tin inside the drawer. It looked rather old. I was curious and hence, I decided to open up to take a peek inside. It won't kill right? Oppa wouldn't mind. I opened up and was surprised. It was his childhood memories! There were small little things and his childhood photos. I laughed when I saw the photos! He was so chubby!! Totally UNLIKE what he is now. But then again, I was shocked. He really looked familiar. I must have seen him somewhere... I was thinking hard until something caught my attention in the tin.

 

"Yoona ah! I...." Just then, he came in. He was surprised that I was looking at his belongings. "Mianhae...." He seemed to be guilty as he walked towards me.

 

"Oppa. What's this?" I picked up the hankerchief and asked him. "Why do you have my handkerchief?" I remembered really clearly. That was my handkerchief. No doubts about that. Why was it doing with him? I thought I had given it to Bingu... Could it be....

 

<<< FLASHBACKS >>>

 

It was a week after Yoona's parents passed away. Yoona was still in the state of sadness. School ended and she wandered around, trying to find a quiet place to cry. She didn't want to cry in front of her aunt, because she didn't want her to worry. Hence, she walked around the school, and finally, found a quiet and desolate place. Supposedly. Yoona sat down and tears began to drop down. Drop by drop. She couldn't believed that her parents could leave her just like that. She was all alone now. With no parents.

 

 

"G...Gwenchana?" A little boy spoke up, startling her.

 

"M...Mwuh? Wh...Why are you... you hiding in there?" Yoona was shocked as she quickly dried her tears.

 

"I.. I... Oh... This is my hideout..." The little boy spoke up, crawling out of the cupboard.

 

 

The little boy was none other than Seung Hyun. He was hiding there. Hiding from the bullies. Yes. Even in middle school, he was being bullied. He was fat and clumsy at that time. And of course, a geek. Hence, he was an all-time target for bullies. Today, just like any other days, he had to hide from the bullies.

 

 

"Omo... Gwen-Gwenchanayo?" Yoona point at the corner of Seung Hyun's lips that were bleeding.

 

"Oh that. Gwenchana. It's normal. I'm always being bullied..." Seung Hyun smiled and wiped away the blood on the corner of his lips.

 

"Omo! Don't! Here. Take this.." Yoona saw that he was using his own hand to wipe off the blood and decided to offer him, her handkerchief.

 

"Eh? Oh... Kamsahaminda..." Seung Hyun was surprised. It was the first time that anyone had given him something. That someone had actually showed concern for him. "So, why are you crying?"

 

"Oh... Anniyo.. Just thought of something upsetting... How about you? Why are you being bullied?" Yoona asked him.

 

"Cause I'm fat, ugly and clumsy? Oh wait. And I'm a geek." Seung Hyun chuckled helplessly. "That's why I guess...." He sighed.

 

"Anniyo! I think you're not ugly! You look friendly!" Yoona smiled. "You're a kind-hearted guy."

 

"Ho-How do you know?"

 

"Because even if you don't know me, you showed your concern when you saw me in tears. So, I think you must be a good guy." Yoona smiled. "And, you're not fat. You're just chubby. If you hate your weight, then you could slim down. Otherwise, don't care about what others say. You should believe in yourself."

 

"C-Chinjia?" Seung Hyun was shocked. It was the first time that people actually complimented him.

 

"Neh!" Yoona grinned at him.

 

"Kamsahaminda.... Even though I don't know why you're crying, but just to let you know, everyone had their ups and downs. It just so happen that you're experiencing a down time now. The dark clouds would soon be cleared and it would be a bright and sunny day for you again. I believed that if god takes something away from you, he has a reason and he would give something to you in return... So, why not wait and see what is the thing he would give you? No matter how bad things are, it already happened. There is no point in dwelling on it." Seung Hyun tried to cheer Yoona up.

 

"C..Chinjia?"

 

"Well, that's what I think..."

 

"Kamsahaminda! I think you're right. This sad moments are just temporary. If I continue to dwell on it, it wouldn't change the fact as well. I think I got it... Jeongmal kamsahaminda!" Yoona smiled at him.

 

"YOONA AH!!! ARE YOU HERE?!!!" Just then, they heard someone shouting.

 

"Omo! That's Ji Yong Oppa! He must be frantically looking for me now... I got to go! Thanks for your comfort...Er... What's your name?" Yoona quickly got up upon hearing someone calling out to her.

 

"Oh... Er..." Seung Hyun hesitated for awhile. Should he tell her his name? He was a nobody anyway. "B...Bingu! Just call me bingu!" An idea popped up from his head and he blurted out.

 

"Eh? Bingu? What a unique name. And I guess you're older than me right? Araso! Annyeong Bingu Oppa! See you around! Kamsahaminda!!" Yoona waved goodbye to him and started running off.

 

"Je...Jemkanmanyo!! Your...Your handkerchief!!" Seung Hyun realised that he was holding on to her handkerchief.

 

"Gwenchana!! You can keep it! When you're bleeding, use that to wipe away your blood! Remember not to use your bare hands! Annyeong!" Yoona turned and waved goodbye to him for the last time, before running off to find her friend, who was Ji Yong.

 

<<< END OF FLASHBACKS >>>

 

"Even though we only met once, you left a really deep impression in my mind. No wonder I found you so familiar! I KNEW that I must have seen you before! But I couldn't believe that you're Bingu Oppa! You.. You looked really different!! Yoona exclaimed as I explained the whole incident to her.

 

"Anniyo. Actually, we didn't meet only once. We were in the same school for almost ALL our school years. It's just that you're always surrounded by people that you never really see me. And you know what? From then on, I decided to cut down my weight. Though I slimmed down, but apparently, my geek personality didn't change... Until I met you again..." I shook my head.

 

"Omo... Oppa, mianhae... I felt so bad... I wanted to look for you again but I realised that I didn't asked for your class.. And I was so dumb in believing that you're called Bingu! I even asked Ji Yong Oppa to look around for you!"

 

"Ahhh. At that point of time, I didn't think that it was worth the while to bring up my name. Come to think of it, if I had given you my real name, perhaps, I would be your best friend instead of Ji Yong already... And maybe, you would fall for me instead of him! Hmmm..." I joked.

 

"Yah Oppa! Stop sprouting nonsense! Omo! I'm so happy today! I always hope to see Bingu Oppa again! And actually, it's none other than Choi Seung Hyun Oppa! Gosh. The world is so small!" She hit my arms and hugged me excitedly. "I always found you familiar!!"

 

"Araso araso. Cry baby Yoona, shall we get back to our project?" I laughed as I hugged her. I didn't think I was joking just now. Perhaps, we would be together if I had told her my real name at that time...

 

"Neh Bingu Oppa!"

 

"Yah! Don't call me that anymore!!"

 

-----

 

Hence, Yoona and Seung Hyun enjoyed their project time. There were fun and laughters, and also serious work. They managed to finish their project smoothly and headed down for dinner. During dinner, Yoona bonded well with Seung Hyun's family. They shared alot about Seung Hyun's childhood life, about how he would always talked about her in front them... Yoona just laughed it off and joked with them. She didn't expect and believe that Seung Hyun would be falling for her. Her heart was only meant for Ji Yong anyway. After dinner, Yoona stayed for a little while more and bid goodbye to his family, allowing Seung Hyun to send her home.

 

 

"Noona! Come back to play again soon!" Seungri and Daesung hugged her goodbye.

 

"Neh! I will! Annyeong Dongsaengs!" Yoona smiled and hugged them back. They hit really well together. "Mrs Choi, thank you for being a good host. I really enjoyed your dinner. Kamsahaminda~" Yoona bowed and thanked Mrs Choi.

 

"Ahhh. It's my pleasure. I should say thanks to you! You're the one that cause my child to be more sociable. Come around soon! And, stop calling me Mrs Choi! Call me Aunty Choi!" Mrs Choi smiled and hugged Yoona.

 

"Araso!"

 

------

 

Everything ended well until Yoona got home and took a bath, preparing to go to bed. Yes. It started raining. It began with a drizzle, and slowly, intensifying into a heavy downpour. Yoona was all alone and became afraid as she hid under the blanket. The first person she thought of was Ji Yong. She tried calling him, but gave up upon thinking that he might be still with his girlfriend. Seung Hyun, on the other hand, just came out from his bathroom and were drying his hair. He looked through the window and realised that it was pouring outside. Then, he recalled what Young Bae had said....

 

"You'll be alone at home you know... And I heard that there would be a heavy thunderstorm tonight. And Ji Yong is not going to b..."
 

 

What did he mean? He was worried. He decided to call Yoona to ensure that everything was fine for her. The phone rang and was immediately being picked up in the first ring. The first thing he heard, was cries.

 

 

"Yoona? Yoona, is that you?" Seung Hyun began to get worried.

 

"Op...Oppa..." Finally, Yoona answered. She was in tears.

 

"Omo. What happen? Yoona ah. Why are you crying? Is everything ok there?"

 

"G-Gwenchana... It's just... It's just I...I'm scared of thunderstorms...." Yoona croaked.

 

"Chinjia. Why didn't you tell me earlier?!! I'm going over right now." Seung Hyun was getting ready to leave the house.

 

"Anniyo!! Oppa! Please don't! I...I would be fine... It's raining so heavily outside now.. I don't want you to get wet and fall sick.. The exams are just round the corner..." Yoona rejected his offer. 

 

"You know I can't just leave you alone like that. I'm going over right now, Im Yoona." Seung Hyun was adamant. He knew that Yoona just didn't want to trouble anyone but he wasn't anyone. He vowed in his heart that he would be his gurdian angel.

 

"Oppa... Araso araso. Oppa, let's.. Let's take a step back each alrights? I...I'm feeling better with you talking to me already... You should get into your bed too. You can talk on the phone with me until I fall sleep.. Okays? In this case, you would know that I'm safe and I would not be worried about you being outside in this weather..." Yoona suggested.

 

"Aishh~ Chinjia. You really don't want me to go over to accompany you?"

 

"Neh... Oppa, please." Yoona too, was adamant.

 

"Araso araso. I shall talk to you then. If anything happens, I would be right there. Araso?"

 

"Neh~ Kamsahaminda Oppa...." Yoona was grateful for him. If it wasn't this call, she would most probably had fainted at home alone without anyone knowing.

 

 

Thus, Yoona spent her time talking on phone with Seung Hyun. She explained to her the reason for her fear of thunderstorms. Seung Hyun listened intently and at some point of time, Yoona screamed and Seung Hyun would get all worked up, wanting to fly to her side but was stopped by Yoona. It was like a mutual thing. Yoona was calming him down and Seung Hyun was calming her down. Soon, tiredness started to kick in and Yoona closed her eyes slowly, drifting into dreamland.

 

 

"Yoona...Yoona ah..." There was no reply. Seung Hyun was worried at first but soon realised that she had fallen asleep. He decided not to hang the call as he was afraid Yoona would be awake during midnight, feeling frightened and all. He wanted to be there for her as soon as she needed him. Hence, he left the call going. Soon, he too, fell asleep.

 

------

 

On the other hand, Ji Yong was going crazy. He was in Kiko's house when the thunderstorm strikes. The first thing he thought of was Yoona. Yoona must be frantically looking for him. He would always be there for her the moment the thunder striked. He clutched to his phone tightly, trying to get hold of Yoona but her phone was engaged. He was even more worried for the fact that she was alone at home now since her aunt was out on a business trip. His mind was all filled with her and things that could happen to her. Could she had fainted? Could she be in tears and hiding in a corner in fear now?

 

 

"Oppa, it's pouring outside now.. Why don't you rest for a night here? Or at least wait till the rain is smaller." Kiko hugged Ji Yong who was in deep thoughts. "Oppa... Yah Oppa!"

 

"N..Neh!"

 

"What are you thinking?"

 

"Ann-Anniyo... Look, I got to go. It's getting late..." Ji Yong stood up, wanting to leave for Yoona's house to check on her.

 

"B-But it's raining so heavily outside!" Kiko whined.

 

"Precisely. That's the more I got to go. She must be breaking into pieces already..." Ji Yong mumbled to himself.

 

"She? You mean Im Yoona? Oppa! Why would she be breaking into pieces?! I bet she is enjoying her time with that Choi Seung Hyun now!"

 

"That's it. Don't you talk bad about her. I'm leaving now. See you tomorrow!" With no hesitation, Ji Yong ran out of the house, running all the way to Yoona's house in the rain.

 

"Oppa! At least get an umbrella!!" Kiko shouted but Ji Yong was already out of sight.

 

------

 

Finally, Ji Yong reached Yoona's house. He was shocked that Yoona had left her window wide open despite the heavy downpour. She must have waited for him to come. But he was late. He quickly climbed up the window, but only to see Yoona lying on the bed. He walked slowly towards her, not caring that he was drenched from head to toe. He leaned neared to her and touched her face. He was right. She must have been crying. Tear stains were clear on her bare face and even if she was asleep, her brows were furrowed, showing sense of uneasiness. He cursed himself. He should have came earlier. He remembered what had happen the other time when she was left alone when there was a thunderstorm. He cringed at the thought that Yoona might had experienced that before she fell asleep.

 

<<< FLASHBACKS >>>

 

That day was overcast. Yoona was walking home alone from school because Ji Yong had to send his girlfriend off first. When she was on the way home, it began to rain. She started running, with her schoolbag over her head to block out the rain in a vain attempt. But as the thunder struck, she frozed. Memories flooded back to her. The car accident. It too, happened in a thunderstorm. And this, brutally killed both her parents. She saw her parents passed away with her very own eyes. She stood rooted to the ground under the heavy downpour, trembling in fear. Her legs gave way and she crumbled onto the floor, with the rain hitting against her body mercilessly. Ji Yong had sent his girlfriend off and began to search frantically for Yoona when it began to rain. When the first thunder striked, Ji Yong frozed. Yoona must be in shock. He tried calling her phone but no one answered. He looked around frantically, searching for the sight of her. Suddenly, he heard a scream from the opposite street when another clap of thunder striked. He looked over and saw Yoona sitting on the ground, hands covering her ears. He was petrified. He immediately ran across the road, running towards her. He touched her shoulder but she screamed even louder.

 

 

"YOONA!! Look at me. Calm down. Look at me. It's me. Ji Yong Oppa..." Ji Yong hugged her tighter, calming her down.

 

"J...Ji Yong Oppa..." Yoona calmed down a little and looked up at Ji Yong. 

 

"Everything is fine. Ok? Nothing happened. Calm down. It's all over..." Ji Yong pulled her into a hug as Yoona buried her face into his chest. It broke his heart to see this. Yoona, a cheerful girl, being all frightened and petrified whenever there is a thunderstorm.

 

 

Ji Yong kneeled down on the street, hugging Yoona as the rain fell on them coldly. He could never forget the ear-piercing screams Yoona would make whenever there was a thunderstorm. He swore to himself that he would never leave her alone whenever there is a thunderstorm ever again. Therefore, ever since then, whenever there was a thunderstorm, Ji Yong would already be beside Yoona, tending to her, singing songs, talking to her to calm her down. This caused Yoona to fall in love with his sweetness without him knowing.

 

<<< END OF FLASHBACKS >>>

 

I her face as she slept. Yoona ah, you must have cried a lot right? I'm such a jerk... I left you alone again... Mianhae... Just then, she mumbled in her sleep. She would always mumbled in her sleep. I smiled, trying to make out what she was mumbling.

 

"Ji..Ji Yong Oppa...." She was calling for me.

 

"I'm here, alligator Yoong..." I held her hand and her hair.

 

"Seung Hyun Oppa... Kamsahamin...Gomawo...." Seung Hyun Oppa. Choi Seung Hyun again.

 

 

Just then, I realised that her phone was beside her. I picked it up, wanting to put it by the bedside. But I saw that there was a call. It had been going on for an hour already. And the other party was none other than, Choi Seung Hyun. He must had been talking to her when the thunderstorm occured... How would he know that she would be afraid during thunderstorms? Did she tell him? What is her relationship with him now....

 

 

My heart turned cold upon knowing all these. I decided to ignore it and hang up the call... Everything would be fine as long as she is fine... It shouldn't matter who was the one there for her... Should it?