Selfish Love?

Love Like This

C U R R E N T  S O N G

Only Look At Me [Taeyang]

 

I opened my eyes slowly as the streaks of sunlight seeped into my room. I stirred a little and realised my hand was being held. I looked down and was surprised. Ji Yong Oppa was holding on to my hand tightly and he was fast asleep. Eh? Why was he here? Wasn't I talking on phone with Seung Hyun Oppa yesterday? Did he came after I had fallen asleep? Right. That must be it. My window was closed already. I remembered clearly that I had left it open. I smiled as I tried to pull away from him gently. This was when I realised something. His body was wet. In fact, he was drenched from head to toe. Could he have ran all the way in the heavy rain just to see me? At a closer look, I realised that he was actually breaking into sweats as his brows furrowed and he was shivering. Using my free hand, I touched his forehead. Gosh. It was so hot! He was running a high fever.

 

"Oppa... Oppa..."

 

------

 

I was awaken by someone's voice and soft touch as I fought to open my eyes. I opened my eyes and the first person I saw was none other than Yoona. Right. I decided to stay by her side because I was afraid that she would wake up in the middle of night, feeling afraid. And soon, I found myself falling asleep.

 

 

"Oh... You're awake?" I smiled tiredly at her. Gosh. Why was my whole body aching? And my head was hurting too...

 

"Oppa! Why are you here!?" Instead of smiling, she was pouting at me with a look of worry written all over her face.

 

"M-Mwuh? There was a thunderstorm yesterday and I promised you that whenver there is one, I would be right beside you. So, here I am. Yoona ah, mianhae... I was late... You must had been so frightened and depressed..." I reached for her face and gently it.

 

"PABO! I don't want you to be here! Look at you! You're all drenched and you're running a high fever!" She shouted at me, eyes full of tears. Oh... So THAT explained my aching body.

 

"Anniyo... I'm fine... Look at me. I can still stand..." I tried to force myself to stand up in front of her and there I went, down to the floor.

 

"OPPA!!!"

 

------

 

When Ji Yong tried to stand up, instead of standing up straight to show Yoona that he was fine, he ended up crumbling onto the floor, fainted. Yoona was shocked. She immediately went over to him, helping him to the bed. Luckily for Yoona, she was known to be a strong girl. Hence, though it took a little more time and effort, she managed to help him onto the bed and covered him with a blanket. She quickly went to the bathroom to rinse a towel to place it on Ji Yong's forehead. Ji Yong cringed at the sudden coldness and frowned.

 

 

"Don't... Don't leave..." Ji Yong held Yoona's hand tightly and mumbled.

 

"Araso araso... I'm not going anywhere Oppa.... I'll be right beside you..." Yoona smiled as she patted his hand, assuring him.

 

 

Soon, Ji Yong drifted into his dreamland, soundly asleep. Yoona decided to leave him alone for a little while. She knew that he got to get changed. He must changed out of his drenched clothes but she didn't have any them in her house. Hence,after ensuring that he was soundly asleep, Yoona immediately ran to his house, wanting to pick up some clothes for him. Fortunately for her, Ji Yong's servant could recognise her and helped her out to prepare Ji Yong's clothes. After taking the clothes, she ran all the way back her home again, not feeling tired at all. She was in such a rush that she didn't even bring her phone out with her. Seung Hyun had been trying to contact her the whole morning but his calls were all left unanswered. It was driving him crazy. He wanted to head over to her house at that instant, but was held back by his mum. Mrs Choi was a little unwell and he had to stay at home to look after her, given that Seungri and Daesung would most probably screw everything up. Hence, even though he was taking care of his mum, his heart had flown to Yoona's side, worrying about her safety. Yoona went back her house and checked on Ji Yong. She was relieved that he was still fast asleep, showing no sign of discomfort.

 

 

She tried to change his shirt without waking him up. It was a rather hard task, given that Ji Yong was a much bigger build than her and she had to do it slowly so that he wouldn't be disturbed. Even though they had been friends for more than half of her life, Yoona was still shy about the fact of seeing Ji Yong's body. Hence, she closed her eyes while trying to take out his shirt. But obviously it failed. That nearly caused Ji Yong to fall off the bed. Yoona sighed in defeat as she opened her eyes and took off his top. Thank god that Ji Yong was fast asleep, she thought. If not, he would have totally laughed at her blushing face. Now came the tough part. His trousers. How on earth was she suppose to do this? She couldn't change for him and neither could she just leave him alone like that. He fell sick because of her. After much thought, she finally decided to call Young Bae over to her house.

 

 

"Wow.wow. You saw him didn't you, Yoong!" Yuri exclaimed the moment Yoona opened the door for them. Since they were out on a date when Yoona called Young Bae, of course Young Bae brought Yuri along.

 

"Yah! Shhhh! He is asleep...A-Anniyo!!" Yoona's face immediately was flushed red again as she thought about seeing Ji Yong being topless.

 

"Does he have abs?" Yuri whispered to her, even though Young Bae could totally hear it and he chuckled.

 

"Yah! Kwon Yuri! Your boyfriend is just standing there!" Yoona hit her due to embarassment.

 

"Ahhh. Guess like he doesn't have eh? I knew he doesn't have a nicer build than baby~" Yuri nodded in pride.

 

"Ahhh. Araso araso. So, be blessed that you've gotten yourself a tough boyfriend that could protect you~" Young Bae laughed as he leaned nearer to Yuri.

 

"Ha! More like the other way round~ No one would want this kind of clueless and unromantic guy as boyfriend, unless me~" Yuri kissed Young Bae by his cheek.

 

"Erhem! I know you guys are really LOVING. But, Yul, I need to borrow your boyfriend a little while to save life. You guys can continue your lovey-dovey later alrights~" Yoona cleared , trying to break up the couple's intimate moment.

 

"Oh right! Hahaha. I almost forgot bout that brat. So, where is he now?" Young Bae and Yuri quickly broke apart and Young Bae scratched his head in embarrassment.

 

"Upstairs. In my room." Yoona led Young Bae up to her room.

 

-----

 

Young Bae chuckled at Ji Yong as they were left alone in the room. While helping him to change, he talked to Ji Yong, even though Ji Yong was in deep sleep and not listening to him.

 

 

"You're such a lucky guy, Kwon Ji Yong. There is this girl who is always there for you. Always by your side. But yet, you're the dumbest and most blinded guy in the entire universe. You can't even SEE her. Even I could see that. You're hopeless Kwon Ji Yong." Young Bae shook his head as he helped Ji Yong changed. 

 

-----

 

"I'm done~" Young Bae came down the stairs and smiled at Yoona and Yuri who were chatting away.

 

"Oh.. Oppa, gomawoyo~ If it weren't for you, I would be at my wits end already." Yoona thanked Young Bae.

 

"Ahhh. It should be the guy upstairs that is suppose to thank me, not you. Seriously, if it weren't for you, I think he would have die long ago." Young Bae patted Yoona's head.

 

"Anniyo Oppa...."

 

"Ok. Stop. You're going to defend him again and we're not going to listen to it~ We're going back to our date already." Yuri immediately cut Yoona off as she linked her arms with Young Bae. "Enjoy your private time with Ji Yong Oppa! Don't do the wrong things!" She chuckled.

 

"Yah! YUL!!" Yoona blushed again.

 

"Araso araso. You know how playful this good friend of yours is~ If anything happens, give us a call alrights?" Young Bae hugged Yoona goodbye.

 

"Neh~ Sorry to interrupt your dating session,Oppa. Enjoy your date!" Yoona smiled and hugged both Yuri and Young Bae goodbye.

 

"Take care of yourself too!"
 

 

------

 

After sending the couple off, Yoona looked at the clock and was shocked to see that it was already noon. She figured out that Ji Yong would be awake soon and would definitely be hungry. Thus, she decided to cook him some porridge before he wakes up. In a midst of a hurry, she scalded her hand while cooking it. It was painful, but she bit her lips hard and continue to cook. After cooking, she went back into her room to check on Ji Yong.

 

-----

 

I felt someone's tender touch against my forehead. I stirred a little and opened my eyes slowly. Everything was blurred as I took awhile to adjust to the sudden brightness. As everything became clear, I was glad to see her. Yoona was my forehead, with a relieved expression. I looked at her and smiled widely.

 

"Omo. Did I wake you up?" She looked at me and pouted. But I just continued to stare at her and smiled, not uttering a single word.

 

"Yah. Why are you still smiling? Pabo! Did the high fever damage your brain?" She waved her hand in front of me, looking worried.

 

"I'm just wondering why this girl in front of me is smiling so widely just now. She looked like she had won a lottery or something." I finally opened my mouth.

 

"A-Anniyo! Yah! Even if you're sick, you're still sprouting nonsense." She hit my chest, which I took this chance to hold her hand.

 

"How could you treat a patient like that? You would fail being a nurse you know." I smirked.

 

"I had never say that I wanted to be a nurse anyway~ And besides, your fever had subsided!" She stuck her tongue out at me. "Pabo. Why did you run here yesterday night? It was raining so heavily!" She started her lecture.

 

"Becayse I know you would be scared." I tried to defend myself.

 

"Then at least bring an umbrella with you!" She pouted.

 

"Aishh~ But I was in a rush. Araso araso. No more next time. Promise." I tried to calm her down as tears began to form in her eyes.

 

"Ouch! What's that for!!" She rubbed her forehead as I knocked it.

 

"For being an idiot. Why didn't you call me when it was raining heavily yesterday?" I pouted at her too.

 

"Yah! B-Because..."

 

-----

 

"Yah! B-Because....Because you're with your girlfriend. I don't wish to disturb you..." I hesitated before telling him the truth.

 

"OUCH! What's there for again!" I whined as he hit me again.

 

"For being a pabo again! You know you're always the priority. Since when did I abandoned you for my girlfriends?" He lectured me.

 

"I...." Is this a confession? Aishh~ Stop reading so much into it Im Yoona. He always said that to you. He just treated you as his best friend.

 

 

Luckily, his phone rang, diverting me away from my wishful thinking.

 

 

"See. It's Kiko. She had been trying to reach you when you're asleep. I think she must have some urgent things to talk to you..." Before I handed the phone to him, I saw that it was from Kiko. 

 

 

He did a surprising thing. He frowned upon seeing who the caller was and after which, he hung up the call and off-ed his phone, putting back onto the bedside table.

 

 

"Omo! Oppa! What are you doing?!! Why did you hang up the call?!" I couldn't contain my curiousity.

 

"When was the last time that we spent some time alone?" Instead of answering my question, he threw me another question.

 

"Mwuh?"

 

"Just answer me." He spoke seriously.

 

"Hmmm... A few weeks ago? Nowadays, I had been busy with my module project with Seung Hyun Oppa... But most of the time, you're too preoccupied with your girlfriend..." I answered honestly. It was true that I had been spending more time with Seung Hyun Oppa, but that was because he was always with Kiko.

 

"Well, then that explains it." He folded his arms and laid against the pillow.

 

"Mwuh?"

 

"I want to spend some time with you. ALONE. So, I had decided to off my phone, allowing no one to disturb us. You should too. I don't want your geeky friend to disturb us." He too, admitted to me honestly. Actually, I already knew that he didn't really fancy Seung Hyun Oppa. In fact, he disliked him.

 

"But...."

 

"No buts. That's my decision. Off your phone too! Bbali! I'm going to take a bath now~ When I'm done, make sure your whole day belongs to me." He spoke confidently as he stood up, walking away.

 

"Yah! Oppa! Remember to on the heater! You're still sick!" I shouted back at him as he shook his hand to show his acknowledgement. I shook my head and smiled. That was so typical of Kwon Ji Yong. He was right. It had been awhile since we last spent some time together.

 

 

Omo! I was so busy taking care of Ji Yong Oppa that I totally forgot that I was suppose to have a study session with Seung Hyun Oppa today! Guess like I had to cancel the appointment already. Mianhae Seung Hyun Oppa... I knew you would forgive me... Right? I guess I better give him a call to inform him not to make this trip down. If not, if he saw Ji Yong Oppa, he would be mad again. He always told me not to listen to Ji Yong Oppa. Just like Ji Yong Oppa, Seung Hyun Oppa disliked him too. So, it's best not for them to meet. Who knows what would happen if they met each other.

 

-----

 

While Ji Yong went to take a shower, Yoona decided to call Seung Hyun. She was shocked to see her phone. There were 20 over missed calls and all of them were from Seung Hyun! She finally recalled that she was talking on phone with him yesterday night and that most probably, he didn't put down the call even after she fell asleep. She knew that must be it. That was how Seung Hyun was like. Seung Hyun must be so worried about her safety. In fact, she was surprised that her not answering his calls had not sparked him off to come down to her place to check on her. Something must had happened to him. She immediately called back.

 

 

"Oppa!"

 

"Yoona?! Where have you been for the WHOLE morning?!! I tried reaching you for like ever already!" Indeed, Seung Hyun was irritated. It was driving him crazy that Yoona had went missing. Finally, she returned his call.

 

"Omo.. Mianhae Oppa... It's just.... It's just... I slept till now! Yesterday night's chat made me felt so at ease that I had slept in till now..." Yoona decided to lie to Seung Hyun. If she were to tell him the truth, he would most probably be upset that she had once again ignored him because of Ji Yong.

 

"Oh... I see... The moment I woke up, I saw that the call had ended. I thought what might had happen to you..." Seung Hyun immediately softened as he heard that Yoona enjoyed the chat with him the previous night. He was glad that he was of some help to her.

 

"Oh... Anniyo. I just wanted you to sleep better.. So, I hung up the call. Don't worry Oppa. I'm fine now..." Being a quick-thinker, Yoona had figured out that it must be Ji Yong who had hung up the call yesterday night when he came over. She quickly covered it up. Another lie to Seung Hyun.

 

"Ahh. I see.. Anyway, I gotta cancel today's appointment with you already.. My Umma is down with a flu. And the maids are on leave today. You know that two brothers of mine can't be trusted. So, I guess I've got to stay at home to take care of her. But if you have any questions that you really don't know, I can teach you over the phone or if really can't, I would head to your house later at night when the maids are back?" Seung Hyun believed whatever Yoona said. He had absolutely no doubts about Yoona's words. That was how much he trusted and loved her.

 

"Omo... Is Auntie Choi alrights? Send my concern to her! I was thinking of cancelling today's session too. Because, I want to take a little rest before I focused on my work totally. So, it's a nice timing actually. Don't worry Oppa. I would be fine.." Like what people always say, when you lie, you need to come up with more lies to cover the lie up. That was what Yoona was doing.

 

"I see. Rest well then. So, I guess I shall see you tomorrow then?" 

 

"Neh! Take care of yourself too Oppa! Annyeong!" Everything seemed to have gone well, much to Yoona's relief. Until this.

 

"YOONA AH!! Where have you put the towel?!! I can't find it!!" It was until Ji Yong shouted from the bathroom. Yoona's heart totally frozed.

 

"Haha... It's... It's my neighbour... She.. She came to borrow the bathroom to shower because her bathroom was under renovation..." Yoona laughed off nervously, lying to Seung Hyun. "Chinjia. It's on the cupboard on top of the sink!" Yoona shouted back to Ji Yong. She prayed hard that Seung Hyun had not recognised that it was the voice of Ji Yong's.

 

------

 

My heart literally froze when I heard the shout from the background. She was suppose to be alone at home. Didn't she? Why was there shouts coming from behind? Was there somebody else in her house?

 

 

"Haha... It's... It's my neighbour... She.. She came to borrow the bathroom to shower because her bathroom was under renovation..." I could tell that it was a nervous laugh. She would only laugh like that if she was awkward. And the only time she would be awkward, would be that she was lying. "Chinjia. It's on the cupboard on top of the sink!" She shouted back to voice in the background. "Mianhae Oppa... She is such a bother..." Another lie I guess...

 

"Gwenchanayo... You sure that's your neighbour?" I told myself to give her one chance. Just once chance. Tell me the truth Yoona. Just this truth and I would forgive you.

 

"Yeahs.. Who else could it be?" She chuckled. "Alrights. I got to go Oppa! See you! Annyeong!" With that, she hung up the call.

 

"Neh...." I put down the phone with a heavy heart.

 

 

It wasn't her neighbour. Alrights. Maybe it could be counted as her neighbour. Provided if you count those living few streets away from you as your neighbour. It wasn't a she. It was a he. The person was none other than Kwon Ji Yong. She thought that I couldn't make out that that was his voice? I was upset. Not because Ji Yong was there. But because of her lies. I had known that most probably, it wouldn't be her who hung up the call. She is a deepsleeper. Once she is asleep, you can never wake her up. But, I chose to believe her. Perhaps, she made an effort to hang up the call, was really to ensure that I would have a better sleep. However, it was all a lie. It was Ji Yong who had hung up the call. He must had gone to find her yesterday night. Seeing that she was on phone with me, he must have hung the phone up. I wasn't really angry with that. Hanging up the call could make her sleep better, without those background noises. I was angry because, Kwon Ji Yong, already HAS a girlfriend. In school, he was always so intimate with his girlfriend, breaking Yoona's heart. I totally HATE to see her tearing up because of him. He was always causing her tears. But WHY? WHY MUST YOONA CONTINUE TO BE SO IN LOVE WITH HIM?!!! HE DON'T EVEN DESERVED IT!! I thought that our relationship would definitely take a higher step after the childhood incident and the thunderstorm. Guess like it's not going to be like that. The only guy in her heart is only Kwon Ji Yong. Kwon Ji Yong. Kwon Ji Yong. Kwon Ji Yong. She could even lie to me because of him. Why can't she just SEE me? Why can't she just realise that I would always be there for her and not Kwon Ji Yong?

 

 

Could I blame anyone else? Could I blame Yoona? Could I blame Ji Yong? No. I couldn't. It was my fault. It was me. I should have just confessed to Yoona. To let her know that, I didn't just treat her as a friend. I treated her more than a friend. Maybe that, would wake her up. Would let her realise that I'm the one for her. Not Ji Yong. Should I? Yoona ah... Please tell me what to do... Is it too late to step into your life? Could you just take a closer look at me? At least, don't push me away.....

 

 

Seung Hyun slumped into the armchair as he held the phone tightly in his hand, sighing. That was the first time Yoona had lied to him. He was angry. He hated her lies. But he was depressed. He was disappointed. However, he knew he had sunk in too deep. He couldn't pull himself out anymore. He felt so useless. He was irrevocably in love with Yoona.

-----

 

On the other hand, Yoona, being oblivious to Seung Hyun's disappointment in her, continued to enjoy her time with Ji Yong. It was like a total dream come true for her. Something like spending some time alone with him had became so precious to her all of a sudden. It had always been precious of course, but it was just that she didn't know that one day, they would be separated by his girlfriend. Now, every moment spent with him becomes so hard to reach.

 

Ji Yong had finished his bath and was now eating the porridge that Yoona had cooked for him. Yoona sat in front of, looking at him intently. He was still that handsome, that cute. She would never get tired of looking at him. Ji Yong finished his porridge and looked up at her.

 

 

"If you kept on staring at me like that, I would blush~ And I just recalled. How on earth do I have new clothes on me? This clothes isn't matching at all! That's why, I always said that you have a lousy fashion sense. And wait, you saw my body didn't you?" He smirked.

 

"Y..Yah! Who.. Who say I was staring at you?!! Aishh~ Chinjia! Be thankful already! You're drenched from head to toe and shivering tremendously! I was in a rush and ran to your house to randomly pick up some clothes. Who cares if it was matching or not. And... And you're wrong! I told Young Bae Oppa to come over to help you get changed. So... So I didn't get to see anything!" Yoona stuttered and looked away as she pretended to clear the table as she avoided Ji Yong's eyes.

 

"Jemankanmnayo!" Ji Yong suddenly shouted, grabbing hold of her hand.

 

"Mwuh?" Yoona was taken aback and looked up.

 

"What happened? When did you scalded yourself?" Ji Yong noticed the huge burnt mark on Yoona's hand which she cringed when he touched it.

 

"Ann-Anniyo!" Yoona immediately withdrew her hand, claiming that she was fine.

 

"Chinjia! How many times must I tell you not to be so clumsy! I always have to be around you, if not you would just get hurt for no reason. This must had been inflicted when you're cooking the porridge. Right?" Ji Yong frowned as he quickly grabbed her hand while taking the first-aid kit. He knew where was the first-aid kit of course. He had spent most of his time here anyway.

 

"Oppa, gwenchana.. It's only a slight burn. There isn't a need to be so worked up..." Yoona tried to assure Ji Yong but he wasn't listening to her at all. "O..Ouch!" Yoona couldn't helped but cringed as Ji Yong administered her wound.

 

"You call this SLIGHT? Then why are you still screaming? Seriously, no more cooking when you're alone next time." Ji Yong frowned. 

 

"Ahhh Oppa! You had banned me from doing alot of things alone already! That time when I was cycling alone and broke my left arm, you forbid me from cycling unless you're with me. And the other time when I hurt my foot while running, you insist that I stopped running unless I have your accompany. And now cooking? At this rate, I would never be able to do anything alone!" Yoona groaned.

 

"Well, you can read, write, sleep and watch tv when you're alone. You always enjoys reading anyway. You're always grumbling that I'm disturbing you whenever you're reading. Just stop doing those things that will hurt my heart. My heart is really going to stop one day if it is going to receive more frights from you. And I don't want my partner to have an ugly scar on her hand during the annual ball. Not that it's going to affect your looks, because you will still look gorgeous despite that scar. You seriously are...." Ji Yong continued to nag at her while helping her to apply the cream. \

 

"Oppa..."

 

"Mwuh?" When Yoona interrupted Ji Yong, he looked up. Yoona then put a dot of cream on Ji Yong's nose. "You're like an ajumma whenever I got hurt!" She stuck out her tongue at him and began to run away from him to saver herself.

 

"Yah! You! Chinjia! Come here! Don't run away!" Ji Yong too, took a little of the cream from the tube, wanting to put on Yoona too.

 

 

Thus, they fooled around, trying to put the cream on each other. The usual clumsy Yoona tripped on the leg of the chair and fell. She fell on top of Ji Yong who caught her just before she hit the ground. Their eyes met....

 

-----

 

I swear the time just stopped when our gaze are locked together, with her on top of me. Everything suddenly became clear to me. I realised that I was selfish. I had been selfish all these while. Past memories began to flood back to me. How I always tried to get rid of the other guys that were around her. How I always ignored her whenever I had to accompany my girlfriends. At that instant, I realised how selfish I was. I treated Yoona like this: Even though I stray from you, don't you ever stray from me. Even though I forget about you, don't you forget me. Even though I drink and don't call, even though I briefly meet eyes with another girl, I only want you to look at me. I know I'm being selfish, but in the time I've been wasting every day, I've become corrupt like this. I only want you to stay pure forever. I want this with my whole heart, this is my faith in you, I won't allow you to leave me till the day you die.... What took you so long to think of this Kwon Ji Yong? Why did you only notice her till she was about to be taken away? Was that just pure pride that you didn't want to lose to Choi Seung Hyun or you really do love her? I....

 

 

"Oppa? Gwenchana?" I blinked and fixed my gaze on her once again. Actually, that answer had long been in my heart already. Why hadn't I notice it sooner? Is it too late to realise now?

 

------

 

"Ne..Neh! Gwenchana..." After staring at me for a long while, Ji Yong Oppa finally answered me, much to my relief.

 

"Ahhh... Shall we start studying now? I don't want to waste anymore time! Exams are just round the corner! You NEED to teach me some syllabus!" I smiled as I linked my arms with him. It's only today. I knew I needed to make full use of this time. I knew I was selfish... But, I hoped that it would rain heavily tonight again... So, he could accompany a little while more... Just a little while more...

 

------

 

Time to make a clean break with Kiko... Yoona ah, just wait for me for a little more while alrights? I promised that after this, I would never leave your side anymore...

 

Ji Yong looked and smiled as Yoona linked her arms around his. He smiled at her. She was indeed, One In A Million.....