Epilogue 1

Love Like This

C U R R E N T  S O N G

Marry Me [Kim Hyun Joong]

 

I had never pictured myself, the playboy, Kwon Ji Yong, to be sitting at the bridal store. She insisted me to come along with her to help her pick her gown. But to be honest, I was of no help at all. She had been in and out of the dressing room for like a thousand and oneth times and still, I think that no matter how the gown looks like, be it old-fashioned or glamorous, she still shines in it. I'm now once again waiting for her to be out with another gown as I flipped the magazine with much boredom. And finally, after a long pause, the store assistant helped her out as she stood on the stand again, showing her wedding gown. Once again, my breath was taken away.

 

 

"Oppa, how about this?" She flashed her wide-smile again, eyes sparkling with delight as she waited for my reply.

 

"Aishh~ Yah. How many times must I repeat myself? You look like a goddess already. Whatever you wear, you look like a fairy descended from heaven. Why must I be here anyway? I'm practically useless here..." I smirked as I shook my head.

 

"Chinjia. You're just pleasing me aren't you! I just want to be the main lead for my own wedding! And how many times must I repeat myself too? I want your opinions. You're the fashionista, remember?" She pouted at me, another action that would always take my breath away.

 

 

I sighed as I stood up, walking towards her, taking her porcelain-like face onto my hands and looked at her tenderly. It killed me every inch to see her frowning, or paranoid.

 

 

"You had always been the lead in everyone's lifes, Yoong. Trust me will you? You would definitely shine on that day. In fact, you shine every single day. People would die to be in your place. Let's forget about choosing so many thousands of dresses shall we? It's wouldn't make much difference."

 

"Awww. Gomawo Oppa... You always knows how to make me feel better..." Her gaze softened as she put her hand on top of mine.

 

"That's much more like it." I broke into a smile and pinched her nose, like always.

 

"Oppa! It's your turn now! Time for you to pick a suit too!" I finally was able to persuade her to stop the gown-trying. And that of course, brought disaster to myself.

 

"Ahh.... Im Yoona!"

 

------

 

"Ok. I know I'm a fashionista and so, it's logical that you dragged me along to the bridal store the other day. But Miss Im, may I know.... may I know why am I doing HERE?" I looked at my surroundings and rolled my eyes."Shouldn't this be like Young Bae's job? Or Seung Hyun's?"

 

"Awww. Oppa! Come on! Your opinions are important to me!" She always have the ability to away all my anger on her with that pair of doe-like eyes of hers. The moment her eyes softened and she started whinning, I knew I would definitely lose in that battle. "I want you to be doing these preparations with me."

 

 

With that, I sighed in defeat as I stood up, extending my arms out in a gentleman way, signalling her for the dance. She beamed in delight as she placed her hands on top of mine, allowing me to guide her to the dance floor. Yups. We're now currently in the ballroom, trying out the lightings and music for the wedding. Time seemed to stop when we danced. I felt the whole world only belonged to us. Kwon Ji Yong and Im Yoona. We swayed according to the music and I spun her around, letting her lie on my arm at the end of the music. Boy, she still looked flawless upclose and I swore I would never be able to take my eyes off this girl.

 

 

"Neh! We'll use this music then! Kamsahaminda!" Her loud and cheerful voice brought me out of my own thoughts, into the reality. I returned it with a grin.

 

-------

 

Ok. Don't ask me why. She was always capable of making things go her way. Here I am. Staring at her talking with the chef as I played around with the salt and pepper and the utensils. Her backview looked really mature with her tied-up bun, with loose tendrils falling to the side of her face. Oh, and the pair of slim legs that seemed to go on forever. She seemed to be able to stand out no matter what style she tries. Mature, cute, formal... Unknowningly, I was grinning from ear to ear, just by seeing and hearing her conversation with the chef.

 

 

"Anniyo. I think chocolate and strawberry would be a better combination. The majority of my guests love chocolate." Ever since young, she had been a shikshin. And she is a huge fan of desserts.

 

"Oh... So you want the cake to be mainly chocolate and strawberry?" The chef started to take down notes.

 

"Neh. Oh. Jemkanmanyo. Please include blueberry too!" She shot a quick glance at me and stuck her tongue out. Another cute expression of her. She still remembers that I love blueberries. I stuck my tongue back at her too.

 

"Neh... So, is there anything else I have to take note?"

 

"Nopes. That should be about it... Sorry for the trouble..." She stood up and bowed to the chef.

 

"Anniyo. It's my blessings. Once again, congratulations on your marriage." The chef shook hands with her and looked at my direction, to which I replied with a smile and a slight nod.

 

"Neh! Kamsahaminda!" With that, she linked arms with me, walking out of the hotel.

 

 

She was in a really good spirits as she wore her ever alluring smile, walking down the street with me. This is one of the scenes that I would never forget about. Her smile is always infectious. I just remembered that I had to be nasty to her. She had once again dragged me out of my busy scheduels.

 

 

"Yah. Why am I here with you again? I did nothing back there besides playing with the salt and pepper. Oh, and greeting the chef." I pretended to pout.

 

"Chinjia... How many times must I say, Oppa?" She stopped in her step, hands on her hips as she pouted at me. "Your opinion matters to me alot. I want you to be in this process with me. Stop asking me this question, because I'm certain that this answer won't change, even until the wedding day."

 

"Am I suppose to be grateful for that?" I chuckled.

 

"Neh! You should!"

 

"Chinjia~ Seriously, I should have just off-ed my phone or employ a wedding planner to help you." I shook my head in defeat.

 

"Awww. Come on! This is my big day! It is only once in a lifetime!" She groaned.

 

"Araso araso~ Aren't you thirsty from talking so much just now? Let's go get a drink shall we?" I knew there was no point in continuing the arguement. She would eventually get her way out.

 

"Come to think of it, you're right. I'm a little thirsty." She let out a hearty laugh as I put my arm around her shoulder as we strode along the street of Seoul.

 

-------

 

The day had finally came. My stomach churned as I saw the small garden filled with people. I looked over and saw Seung Hyun and Young Bae. They flashed me a bright smile. I looked around the garden. The wedding was held in a garden. Because she loved the smell of flowers ever since she was young. No wonder she had been so busy with the preparation. It was worthwhile. Everything was nicely done up. And to think that she was an amateur in doing such things. Soon, the music started playing and my heart had began a thunderous pace in my chest as my breaths thinned in anxiety. I felt like fainting. But as I saw her entering through the door, everything was dissolved. She looked like an angel descended from heaven. Just like what I had expected. She wore the wedding gown that I picked for her and her hair was nicely done with, wearing a gorgeous floral crown. I had always loved her natural look. She didn't need any thick makeups to showcase her beauty. The way her cheeks blushed, was enough to take my breath away.

 

Given that her dad wasn't around, Yoona had approached another guy to accompany her to walk down the aisle. And well, you wouldn't believe who that guy was. It was Changmin. She had been in contact with Changmin and she had specifically contacted him to make the trip from London back to Seoul to be that special guy. It's amazing to see how a pair of enemies could build such a strong relationship in such a short time. She had treated Changmin as her real brother, and she wanted him to be part of her wedding. She linked her arm around Changmin's, as they walked towards us slowly. Changmin gave me his usual smirk, which, to be honest, I found it to be comforting. It reminded me of what he had always told me.

 

"I liked you being with Yoona. You and her are suited for each other. Definitely."

 

 

At least I had someone that was close to her on my side. And here comes Yoona, giving me her brightest smile. It drives me nuts. My emotions for her went haywire at that instant. I felt like pulling her into an embrace, never wanting to let go of her. I love her. She is my life. But, I bit my lips hard as I returned the smile weakly as everyone turned to the front.

 

What happened next, I wasn't exactly sure. I could only hear the pastor droning on and on. And finally, I heard Yoona's sacred words: 'I Do'. Everything dawned on me at that instant. Umma patted my hands as she gave me an encouraging smile. I smiled weakly.

 

"And now, I shall pronounce you as husband and wife. Choi Seung Hyun, you may now kiss your bride."

 

 

Everyone stood up and broke into a thunderous clap as they kissed passionately. I mustered all my courage to stop the tears from falling down as I cheered for them, giving them my blessings. It brought me back to the exact time when we were in the Plaza....

 

<<< FLASHBACKS >>>

 

"Yoona isn't here. She would be waiting for your guys at Seoul Plaza till night. The one who found her first, would be the answer to her heart. She is leaving it all to fate. Goodluck guys."

 

 

Me and Seung Hyun ran from Incheon Airport all the way to Seoul Plaza, not caring about how long the distances were, nor how tired were we. When we reached there, there were tons of people, shopping, eating, loitering, as usual. We looked at each other and smirked. May the best man wins.

 

 

We splited up and I started to search around frantically for the sight of Yoona. There were just too many people along the street and the arrival of christmas weren't helping much either. People speaking at the top of their voice over the phone, kids crying because they couldn't get their desired gifts, couples talking so sweetly to their the other half. All these noises were building up my anxiety. I needed to find Yoona. I finally realised how much I had loved her. How much I couldn't live without her. I started dailing her phone number, hoping to find the familiar ringtone she had set while I continued walking and scanning the surroundings. Finally, I arrived at the centre of the plaza, where an event was held. There were lots of people crowding around there, but I saw that familiar figure standing there, pouting and was looking around. My smile hung all the way to my cheeks. I wanted to walk towards her, to give her a hug. A really tight one and tell her that I would never leave her. Not anymore. Just as I was about to go forward, I froze in my steps.

 

 

A guy had ran towards her, throwing his arms around her tightly and he was crying, yet his smile was brighter than ever. The guy was none other than Seung Hyun. He was hugging her tightly, relief was written all over his face. And there I saw, Yoona. She too, from her shocked expression, softened into a relieved one as she slowly wrapped her arms around his back, resting her cheek on his back. All these happened right in front of me. Right in front of my very own eyes. Yet, I couldn't bring myself forward, to let them see me. I stared at them for a short while, tears blurring my vision. Still, I kept my smile on. It was for the best. Seung Hyun would take good care of her. I'm sure...

 

 

"Yah Im Yoona. Remember to stay blissful...." I spoke over the phone, which had turned into a voice message. I smiled, clutching on to the phone, tears falling as I watched them shared their second kiss...

 

<<< END OF FLASHBACKS >>>

 

It was three years ago, but yet, the scene could be played vividly in my mind. The scene that I figured out that I would never be able to erase. It was going to be stuck in my head forever. But I didn't regret it. Seeing the smile on her face now as she linked her arms around Seung Hyun, her husband now, made it all worthwhile. It was hard to actually hide my unhappiness. But then again, I knew she wanted my blessings the most. That was why she wanted me to be with her, going through her wedding planning. I had always knew that. Everything was a fact now. Be it to my liking or not. Im Yoona, is no longer my girl. Yes, true enough, she is still my best friend, but she is also Choi Seung Hyun's wife now. This is a fact that I would never able to be comfortable with. But, seeing her being with someone she truly loves,  I could put my mind at ease already.

 

 

"Yah Im Yoona. Remember to stay blissful !!" I shouted loudly, causing all eyes to be on me.

 

 

And there she was, turning back, showing me one of her brightest smile as she waved at me.

 

 

And that, was all I needed.

 

 

Im Yoona, No Matter what, you're one in a million.... Forever. In my heart.

 


Alrights! Part 1 of the epilogue is out! I'm so sorry that it's a sad one! >< But it's a bittersweet ending at least right? (:  And if you find this story familiar, it is! Because, I got the idea from another fanfic, called After Tonight, by Mary517. She wrote it much more awesome than me. So, you can check it out if you want to! I really loved the storyline and wanted to try it on my own. I had asked the permission from Mary Unnie already and she is kind enough to say yes! So, credits to her! I actually owned half the credit for this chapter as the flashback part is written by myself. Remember that I had mentioned that I would be writing Epilogues? So, there are actually going to be 2! Just to be fair, I'm going to try both endings for GYoon and TopYoon. Fair enough? (: So.... This is TopYoon! I hope those TopYoon shippers will like it. Though, it was more on GYoon actually :X So, next epilogue! I guess you guys must have known what ending it would be already rights? So, please continue to read on! Hopefully, I can update the other chapter by today as well!

 

PS: I had a trailer for this fic in case you didn't notice! It's being posted at the foreword. Take a look at it!