Torn Between Two Sides

Love Like This

C U R R E N T  S O N G

Why - Keep Your Head Down [TVXQ]

 

Ji Yong Oppa... Seung Hyun Oppa...

 

Omo. Changmin's lips really touched mine. I swore to my life that I had never felt so disgusted before. Disgusted was an understatement even. I was just glued to my spot. I couldn't move. My legs weren't listening to me. I was in too much of a shock already. I opened my eyes and stared straight at him. He smirked at me proudly and as he leaned towards me again, I shuddered. I was at a lost. I just braced myself up for the final blow.

 

------

 

As Yoona kept her gaze fixed on Changmin's chin and gulped down hard. Her mind went blank. Instead of feeling the warm feeling on her lips, she felt pain in her wrist. It was then she realised what was happening. Someone was grabbing her wrist. And the person wasn't Changmin. It was a familiar touch. It was the touch that protect her from dangers. It was Seung Hyun's hand that was grabbing onto her. The next thing she knew, was that Changmin was on the ground, wincing in pain and the gasp of shock from the crowd. Seung Hyun waved a punch across Changmin's face, causing him to fell to the ground as he grabbed Yoona's wrist, striding across the ballroom.

 

 

Yoona's brain wasn't processing anymore. She allowed herself to be pulled away by Seung Hyun, having all the gazes fixing on them. Before they left the ballroom, she caught that someone's gaze. It was Ji Yong's. He was looking at her with a pair of depressed eyes and hurt expression. But she wasn't given any time to stop and ponder. She followed Seung Hyun, leaving behind the din that he had created. Or rather, they had created.

 

------

 

"Yah! KWON JI YONG!! YAH!" Kiko shouted and tried to catch hold of Ji Yong's arms but to no avail. Ji Yong pulled himself away from her, leaving her in tears as he chased after Yoona and Seung Hyun. He knew he wasn't going to let this chance slip by.

 

"Im Yoona. You aren't getting away with this..." Kiko mumbled in tears and vengeance as she watched her partner leaving her, chasing after the girl whom she had lost to. Totally.

 

-----

 

"YAH! PABO YAH?!! YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO RUN OR GIVE HIM A KICK ON HIS SHIN?! YOU JUST STOOD THERE AND LET HIM KISS YOU?! YAH!" I could feel my anger rising in me as I pulled her all the way out of the ballroom and outside of the hotel, into the park nearby. I finally stopped and I turned her around, looking at her shock expression. I was worried and more rather, angry. Angry at Changmin for kissing her, angry at her for not knowing how to protect herself, and most importantly, angry at myself for not being able to protect her like what I had claimed I was doing all these while.

 

------

 

I didn't know why was he so mad. The moment when we were alone, he started shouting at me. I stared straight into his eyes and felt scared. I had never seen him getting so angry. He had never once raised his voice at me. Let alone shouting at me like now. I knew he was angry. His eyes were raging with fury. If it weren't for the fact I saw tears of frustration glistening in his eyes, I would have thought that he was really mad at me. It was the tears that made me even more afraid of him. Why was he so worried about me? Why was he getting so worked up?

 

All of these plus the fact that my kiss was stolen by Changmin that bastard, tears started to fall through my eyes.

 

-----

 

"Omo. Why are you crying? Chinjia... Am I too loud? Aishh~ Mianhae... Are you hurt somewhere? Yoona ah. Tell me at least? Gosh. What happen to do? Don't cry! Aishh~ Mianhae. I must have scared you... I didn't mean to scare you..." Seung Hyun immediately softened and became flustered when he saw Yoona breaking into tears.

 

He panicked and didn't know what to do. He stepped forward as he wrapped his arms around Yoona, letting her cry in his chest as he rubbed her back. He cursed himself for being so harsh to her. He had made a promise to himself to not let anyone, especially Ji Yong, hurt her and cause her tears. Yet now, he was the one who made her cry. It was the second time in a day that she had cried. Once because of Ji Yong, and now, because of him. Seung Hyun sighed and wondered if it was lucky or unlucky for Yoona to meet the both of them. Just from today alone, Seung Hyun had concluded that Yoona was just putting on a brave front. The truth was that, she was just a vulnerable girl like any other girl is, when it came down to the issue on love and hate.

 

-----

 

After awhile, Yoona's cryings had subsided and muffled sobs were heard. Yoona broke away from the hug and clean away her tears with the back of her hand while blushing at Seung Hyun. She was embarrassed with herself. Instead of being strong like she always was, she had cried in front of him twice in a day.

 

 

"Gwenchana?" Seung Hyun was still worried as he put his hands on her shoulders, looking intently at her.

 

"N-Neh...." This caused Yoona to be even more flustered as she tried to struggle off his grip but yet at the same time, didn't want to upset him.

 

"Mianhae... I shouldn't have shouted at you. I must have scare you..." Seung Hyun stuttered as he spoke up. He was embarrassed of his act just now. He didn't know why he was shouting at her when he was so concerned about her and just wanted her to be safe.

 

"An-Anniyo... Oppa, gomawoyo...." Yoona stuttered too as she flashed a glance at her shoulders and let out a fake cough.

 

"Opps... Mianhae..." Seung Hyun noticed her uneasy expression and immediately withdrew his hand, ruffling his hair awkwardly, trying to look busy with his hands as he looked away.

 

"Anniyo.. Oppa, gomawoyo... If it wasn't for you just now, I...I would be at a lost..." She smiled at him nervously, wringing her hands about and flattening the front of her dress.

 

"Yoona ah....." Seung Hyun took a large intake of breath and turned to face Yoona again, catching her gaze.

 

-------

 

"Yoona ah... You know I hate to hear 'gomawoyo' and 'mianhae' from you....." I took a deep breath and sighed, looking at her with my hurt expression.

 

"Oppa, I...." She was lost for words as my eyes bore into hers.

 

"To say the truth, I don't want to just hear 'gomawoyo' and 'mianhae from you Yoona. I think it's time for you to know how I felt about you. I hate to see your emotions being controlled by Kwon Ji Yong. I hate to see you smiling because of him, tearing up because of him. And I hate the fact to see you pushing me away. It hurts me alot, Yoona. I once thought that I would be contented to just stay by your side quietly. But I realise, this isn't the case anymore. I don't want to be only your gurdian angel anymore, Im Yoona. I love you, Yoona. And I'm sure that I'm capable of letting you forget Ji Yong. I won't break your heart. I would treasure and adore it. As long as you give me the chance to step inside...." I guessed it was time to confess to her. I had enough of seeing her being tortured by Kwon Ji Yong.

 

-----

 

"To say the truth, I don't want to just hear 'gomawoyo' and 'mianhae from you Yoona. I think it's time for you to know how I felt about you. I hate to see your emotions being controlled by Kwon Ji Yong. I hate to see you smiling because of him, tearing up because of him. And I hate the fact to see you pushing me away. It hurts me alot, Yoona. I once thought that I would be contented to just stay by your side quietly. But I realise, this isn't the case anymore. I don't want to be only your gurdian angel anymore, Im Yoona. I love you, Yoona. And I'm sure that I'm capable of letting you forget Ji Yong. I won't break your heart. I would treasure and adore it. As long as you give me the chance to step inside...." His gaze fixed on me as he took a step forward, closing the gap between us.

 

 

I was lost for words once again. He always had the ability to shut me up. He was my gurdian angel... Yes. But he didn't want to be anymore. He wanted something more. Was I ready? If I wasn't, was I ready to lose him? I knew I wasn't. I couldn't afford to lose him now. Not after I had just lost Ji Yong Oppa. I needed him. But did I need him as a friend or there was something more than that? Lots of doubts were going through my mind. I wasn't sure how I was suppose to react. Eventually, we still had to come to this. I knew this would happen. Did I?

 

 

"Oppa, I...."

 

------

 

Yoona's voice trailed off as Seung Hyun leaned towards her. His face was so close to hers, leaving their lips being inches apart from meeting. Her heart was pounding furiously in her ears and she wondered why she wasn't pulling away at all. Did she felt the same feeling he had for her? Saying a no would be a total lie. Maybe perhaps, just a little. She could feel the warm of breath against her cheeks and she shuddered, gulping a little as he inched closer....

 

-----

 

HOW ON EARTH DID THAT HAPPEN? WHAT HAPPEN TO YOU, IM YOONA? Gosh. Someone, save me please.

 

-----

 

Seung Hyun gave a tender kiss on Yoona's lips. He pulled away before Yoona could even react. Yoona felt herself groaning inside as her lips was met with the sudden cool air instead of his warm breath. She shivered. Be it if it was the cold night and she was skimpily dress or she was shivering with excitement. Seung Hyun was about to say something when he was interrupted by the sudden urgent voice. 

 

 

"Yoona...."

 

-----

 

Oh great. Now here comes Kwon Ji Yong. What are you going to do now, Choi Seung Hyun? Back away again? No. No way. Not after the kiss just now. Yoona definitely had some mutual feelings for you. It's just that it needed to be discovered. You had the upper hands, Seung Hyun. He had broken her heart once and she wasn't sure anymore. Now it's your chance. She is beginning to waver!

 

-----

 

Seung Hyun turned around and shot a glare at Ji Yong who stood at where he was, glaring at Seung Hyun too, before softened his gaze when his eyes met Yoona's. Seung Hyun looked at him and back at Yoona who was biting her lips hard now. Yoona diverted her gaze from Seung Hyun to Ji Yong and back to Seung Hyun. She knew Ji Yong wanted to talk to her. He had been wanting to do so even before the even had started. Yoona pondered if she should hear him out. She knew his hurt expression from before wasn't an act. Maybe, he really had a good reason for it. But, should she still give him a chance to explain himself? She wasn't sure. Afterall, she had made a promise with Seung Hyun not to think about Ji Yong tonight. And well, the night wasn't over yet.

 

 

Seung Hyun sighed as he watched Yoona's expression. He knew she was hesitating. She was thinking. He didn't want her to think about Ji Yong even for a second. When he saw that Yoona was about to open , he interupted her. He was afraid of her decision. He didn't dared to listen to her reply.

 

 

"I guess, I'll leave first. I'll see you again tomorrow back in school alrights? Don't stay out till too late. It's getting chilly. Cover yourself well." Seung Hyun spoke up, removing his coat, draping over Yoona's shoulder and gave her a light peck on her forehead, walking away cooly before Yoona could response.

 

 

Seung Hyun flashed Ji Yong a death glare as he walked past him, into the street. Ji Yong too, showed him a look of displease.

 

------

 

I could only watched as Seung Hyun Oppa stride away, disappearing into the dark. I blinked my eyes, trying to make sense of my surroundings. Did he just kiss my forehead? Why did he chose to leave? Did he want me to hear Ji Yong out too? Omo. Now it's only the both of us left... Ottokeh....

 

-----

 

"Yoona ah...." Ji Yong began to walk towards her, with his expression softened into a depressed and worried one. 

 

"No... Don't come near me.... Don't..." Yoona took a step back too, matching every step that Ji Yong had took.

 

"Yoona please... You've gotta hear me out...."

 

"No... There's nothing to explain anymore, Oppa..." Yoona was pushed all the way to the end and had nowhere else to go. They were only a few steps apart.

 

"No. I really need to explain to you, Yoona... Give me a chance to explain myself..." Ji Yong stopped, just two steps away from her.

 

"Mwuh? Explainations? Ha. Oppa, stop playing with me like that. In front of me, all you speak of are all lies! I guess by now, you should have known that I had feelings for you. But right now, my heart is already empty.... My future is gesturing towards me to get up and smile. And I think I should." Yoona could feel the anger in her that was giving her strength. She wasn't going to be the Im Yoona that loved and waited for Kwon Ji Yong dumbly. It should all stop now.

 

"Anniyo... Yoona... Please..."Ji Yong was totally hurt by her words.

 

"No Oppa. I had been listening to you for so long already. Now, it's time for you to listen to me. I remembered that you'd always joke, saying that I’d crumble without you. It was the truth. But now, it's just a misunderstanding. I was always satisfied with having you, I was happy to dream the same dream as you no matter what the others had said. In fact, I felt that I was living for you. But now, after everything that happened today, you are erased, disappeared, and burned to death in my heart. My heart is no longer beating for you. It's going to beat for myself and the other someone that truly treasure me. The moment you chose to stood me up for Kiko, my heart was shredded apart..." Yoona took in a deep breath and spat the words out. She knew she was being a little too harsh on him, but she figured out that, perhaps, it's time to let him know all of these. Things that she had been keeping in her heart for these years. "I'm tired already... So, please let me go..." Yoona bit her lips hard to stop the tears from falling down as she turned to walk away.

 

------

 

"I love you, Im Yoona...." Before Yoona walked out on him, Ji Yong called out.

 

 

This caused Yoona to be in shock, stopping at her path. She didn't turned to look at him, just freezing in her spot.

 

 

"I love you, Im Yoona." Ji Yong repeated again, taking a step closer to Yoona.

 

"It's not that kind of love that I wanted. I don't deserve it anyway." Yoona tried to stop her voice from quivering as tears threatened to flow down her cheeks once again. She began to quicken her pace again. She knew that if she didn't get out of this place now, all the defence that she had built up, would crumble.

 

"I was wrong! I wasn't trying to protect you! It was just all for my own sake! I was selfish...." Ji Yong shouted. This comment was more for himself or for her to hear, Yoona wasn't sure about that. But that had managed to stop her from walking away once again. Selfish? When would Ji Yong admit that he is a selfish person?

 

"I was utterly wrong. I made a huge mistake. I should have known better.... LeeTeuk, Taecyeon...." Ji Yong smirked and shook his head as he looked straight ahead of him, into the darkness.

 

"Mw-Mwuh? LeeTeuk Oppa? Taecyeon Oppa?" Yoona couldn't contain her curiousity any longer. She finally tilted her head and looked at Ji Yong. She was shocked. Even though the place wasn't well-lighted, she could see Ji Yong's eyes glistening with tears. She had never seen him crying in any issues. Not even when his grandmother had passed away. And now, he was crying?

 

"LeeTeuk, being a bad guy? Taecyeon, being a casanova? I guess I'm just talking about myself..." Ji Yong continued talking to himself, indirectly answering to Yoona's question.

 

"O-Oppa, gwenchana? I-I think you had too much a drop...." Yoona, being the kind-hearted girl, softened again. She sighed as she walked back towards Ji Yong, patting his shoulder. She could smell a strong smell of alcohol lingering on Ji Yong's body.

 

"You're right. I was the one who gave you up. I was the one who didn't know how to treasure you. And now, it's too late..." Ji Yong looked up at Yoona, tears welling up. "I chased LeeTeuk away because I didn't want you to fall for him. And I scare Taecyeon away because I didn't want you two to be together. I think that he didn't suit you... He didn't deserve you... And when Seung Hyun appeared, my heart turned sour... I should have known better..."

 

"O-Oppa...." Yoona was shocked to hear Ji Yong's confession.

 

"And tonight, I'm the biggest jerk in the entire universe. I broke the heart of the girl whom had loved me so much and I had loved her with all my heart too..." Ji Yong ignored her and continued on. "I actually called her and tell her that the date was off. You don't know how much it hurts... But it's just... It's just... I couldn't leave her alone...." Ji Yong sighed as he ruffled his hair tiredly. Behind those pair of moist eyes, Yoona could see that he was tired. He was frustrated. Dark eye rings and eye bags were evident on his face.

 

"That's because, you still can't let go of her. I totally understand that." Yoona sighed. "Oppa, you need not feel bad for standing me up... Really.. Afterall, you had never said that you had broken up with her..."

 

"I decided to bring her to the ball, wasn't because I still had feelings for her. It was because... It was because I didn't have a choice.... Unless if I want to take someone's life away..."

 

"Mwuh?"

 

<<< FLASHBACKS >>>

 

"Yah. I'm coming over right now. I need to settle some things with you." Ji Yong hung up the call before the other party could utter a word.

 

With that, he hung up the phone, driving to his destination.

 

----

 

"Oppa!" The moment Kiko opened the door and saw that it was Ji Yong, she threw her arms around him, crying excitedly. "I thought you would never gonna see me again!"

 

"Look, I came here because I have something to tell you." Ji Yong frowned as he tried to pry open her hand. breaking apart from her as he stepped into her house.

 

"Mwuh? What is it that you wanna tell me?" Kiko ignored the cold actions received from Ji Yong and went forward to hold his hand and dragged him to the couch as she snuggled up to him.

 

"Please sit properly. I'm serious." Ji Yong took a deep breath as he pulled himself away from her and sat down on the couch facing her. "Listen Kiko. I'm here to tell you one thing. Mianhae. I'm calling it quits. Let's break up." Ji Yong scratched his nape tiredly and broke the news nonchalantly like always.

 

"Ha! Oppa! You're joking right?! HAHAHA! How funny!!" Kiko laughed as she heard Ji Yong. But upon seeing Ji Yong's serious face, truth started to sink into her. "Oppa, no way... How-How can we... Anniyo. What did I do wrong Oppa? Tell me! I can-I can change!!"Tears started to well up in her eyes as she clung onto Ji Yong.

 

"Anniyo. It's not your fault. It's mine ok? I found out that we aren't suitable for each other. Mianhae..." Ji Yong sighed. He knew this was going to be harder compared to those previous times.

 

"Anniyo. It can't be. We are MEANT to be! That's what you always whisper into my ears wasn't it?"

 

"Yes. What I USED to you mean. We WERE meant to be. It's all in the past. It was my delusion. I found out someone that placed a more important place in my heart. And I can't live without her. She meant the most to me than anything else. And now that I'm about to lose her, I hate this fact totally." Ji Yong sighed. He didn't even wished to tell her that much things in the first place but she was making things difficult.

 

"Is that girl Im Yoona?" She looked into his eyes and asked, eyes full of anger.

 

"You don't need to know."

 

"I want to know."

 

"Yes. It's her. It has always been her. It's just that I was too blind to see back then. I don't want to miss it anymore. So, please don't make things difficult for me and for yourself too. I believe you would find a much better guy than me." Ji Yong sighed and told her honestly.

 

"Why is it always her?!! WHY MUST IT BE ALWAYS IM YOONA?!! WHAT'S SO GREAT ABOUT HER?!!! WHY IS ALL THE GUYS FLOCKING TOWARDS HER?!!" Kiko began to get agitated and shouted at the top of her voice. "Come on Oppa! She is with CHOI SEUNG HYUN now! SHE IS JUST ANOTHER BIMBO!! WITH LOOKS AND NO BRAINS!!!"

 

"YAH! YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS TO SAY THAT ABOUT HER! I think you're the one who is the bimbo. She has the looks AND the brains. You? I'm sorry. You have neither. You're just too possessive for me to tolerate." Ji Yong felt the anger rising in him as KIko bashed about Yoona. "You wanna know what's so great about her? Well, EVERYTHING about her is better than you. Happy?" Ji Yong got up and walked towards the door. "Oh Right. You better not hurt her. If not, I won't let you off."

 

"Oppa! Is-Is there really no turning back?" Kiko cried as Ji Yong opened the door.

 

"No... I love her much more than I had thought. Mianhae..." Ji Yong stopped short in front of the door and spat out the cold, hard truth, before closing the door coldly behind him.

 

"KWON JI YONG!! YOU'LL REGRET YOUR DECISION!" Kiko yelled, loudy enough for Ji Yong to hear through the door.

 

 

Ji Yong sighed as he continued to drive on the road. Kiko's last sentence lingered in his mind.

 

 

KWON JI YONG!! YOU'LL REGRET YOUR DECISION!

 

 

Ji Yong tried to shake off the thought as he drove on. Yoona should be in his mind now. But what did Kiko mean when she made that statement? Was she going to do something that would make him regret his decision? Was she going to hurt herself? Or was she going to harm Yoona like one of his ex-girlfriend had done? Imagination kept running wild in Ji Yong's head and he was going crazy because of that. Finally, he could stand no longer. He sighed as he turned around, heading back to Kiko's house to ensure that she was fine and to once again, talk things out calmly with her (hopefully).

 

------

 

Ji Yong rang the doorbell again but this time, no sounds of doorknob opening was heard, neither did he hear footsteps. He began to get worried as he rang the bell more feverishly, banging on the door. He panicked and finally, kicked opened the door. He was shocked. In front of him, was Kiko, lying on the couch, wrist gushing out fresh blood. Ji Yong's eyes darted to the coffee table which had a fruit knife on it. Everything became clear to Ji Yong. He sighed as he ran towards her quickly, scooping her up in his arms as he rushed to the nearest hospital.

 

-----

 

"How is she, Doc?"

 

"Fine. But if you were to send her here a minute later or so, it would have been fatal." The doctor sighed and shook his head while looking at the report. "Young girls nowadays."

 

"So, can I see her now?"

 

"Yeahs. But she is still under the tranquilizer. Make sure you don't agitated her further. Her emotions aren't that stable now."

 

"Neh. Kamsahaminda..." Ji Yong bowed as the doctor walked away.

 

 

With a sigh, he pushed opened the door and walked towards Kiko's bedside. She was still sleeping, chest moving up and down heavily with every breath she took. Ji Yong felt guilty. He was the one who landed her in this state. What was he going to do now? He already hurt Yoona more than a thousand times. He couldn't afford to lose her. The thought of losing her, was just... was just simply equivalent of taking his breath away. But how was he going to handle Kiko? Kiko even attempted to take her life away because of him. She was crazy. Ji Yong sighed as he slumped into the armchair nearby. Serve him right for being a playboy.

 

------

 

"Op-Oppa?" After awhile, Kiko finally opened her eyes tiredly and saw that Ji Yong was sitting in the armchair, in a daze.

 

"Oh... You're awake. Hold on for a minute. I'm going to call in the nurse." Ji Yong snapped out of his thoughts and stood up, wanting to alert the nurse.

 

"Anniyo Oppa... I'm fine..." Kiko let out a weak smile as she grabbed hold of his wrist. "Gwenchana...."

 

"Are you sure? I think it's better if the doc does a thorough check on you." He sighed as he asked her.

 

"Oppa, it's the truth isn't it?"

 

"Mwuh?"

 

"That you're breaking up with me...."

 

"Kiko ah....I...."

 

"Gwenchana~ I know the answer already. I just want to confirm, clinging to the hope that it was a nightmare... And now, it's shattered... Araso..." Kiko fought back her tears and forced a smile.

 

"Kiko ah... Mianhae... But, you don't need to take your life away... I'm not worth it.. I believe that you would find a better guy out there." Ji Yong felt really guilty about his blunt words. He thought Kiko would accept it readily like the past girlfriends that he had. But apparently, he made a huge mistake in that judgement.

 

"Araso... I understand now... Oppa, but can you promise me something?"

 

"Mwuh?"

 

"Can you at least accompany me to the ballroom event tomorrow? I.... I already told people that we're going together...." She looked at him, eyes welled up with tears.

 

"But...." Ji Yong hesitated as he recalled what the doctor had instructed him. Kiko was a prideful girl. She would never be able to accept people pointing fingers at her, saying that she was being dumped. Indeed, he knew that she was telling the truth. Young Bae had told him that he overheard her telling people that she would be attending the annual ball with him. So, if she didn't, she would be mocked at by others. Something that she would never be able to accept. Let alone her being in such an unstable condition now.

 

 

But what about Yoona? Before they hung up, Yoona had asked him about tomorrow's event and he even assured her that nothing would go wrong. Yoona trusted him. Was he going to misuse this trust again? Would Yoona be able to understand him this time round? He really did have a valid reason...

 

 

"Oppa, jebal... I promise. After tomorrow night, we would be on our own way. I would never cross your path and would never hurt Im Yoona. Just one more night..." Kiko dismissed Ji Yong's dilemma.

 

"Araso.... Just one more night. As long as you don't harm yourself again." Ji Yong sighed in defeat. Afterall, it's a human life that they were talking about.

 

"Neh! Gomaowoyo Oppa!!" Kiko immediately brightened up and smiled at Ji Yong, holding his hands in gratitude.

 

 

Yoona ah... One more night alrights? Just one more night and we would have no more troubles in front of us.... Just give me your trust again....

 

<<< END OF FLASHBACKS >>>

 

"But I guess, I had misused your trust too much afterall. I took it for granted all these while. I deserved all these...." He shook his head and smirked.

 

"Op-Oppa....Mian...."

 

"Anniyo. Yoona ah, I don't want to hear 'Mianhae' from you.... I just want your forgiveness... I want your trust back..." He placed his hands on my shoulders and looked into my eyes.

 

"I...." I found myself struggling to breathe again as his eyes bore into mine. The guy that I had been carrying a torch for like my entire life was in love with me!! Wasn't that what you wanted Im Yoona? Why weren't you responding!!? A part of me was really screaming with excitement, but a part? A part just told me that this was a dream... One that would disappeare once I'm awake....

 

-------

 

Ji Yong seized the chance as he saw Yoona's unsure expression. He wrapped one of his arms around Yoona's delicate body, pushing her into him as he planted a passionate kiss on her lips. Yoona was taken aback as her eyes widened in shock. She placed her palms against his chest, attempting to push him away, but found her hands clutching onto the fabric of his tuxedo, losing the will and strength to push him away as the kiss deepened.

 

 

Anniyo Im Yoona... This is not the truth... This is a dream... You got to let go... He didn't belong to you!!

 

 

"Arghh!" Finally, Yoona mustered the strength to push Ji Yong away as he lost his balance and stumbled a few steps behind, letting out a frustrated groan.

 

"Omo! Mianhae! Gwenchana?" Yoona quickly caught hold of Ji Yong before he fell. After ensuring that he was stable, she quickly let go of her hand before Ji Yong touched her again.

 

"Yoona ah. Forgive me? I promise I won't hurt you anymore. I know I had been a jerk all these while. But now, I had seen. I really need you in my life..."

 

"Oppa... Mianhae... But I...I really have no mood and mind to talk about this right now... I... I need to get home... Komo is coming back tonight... I wanna see her.." Yoona could feel the heat rising up to her cheeks as she tried to push away the question that was directed at her.

 

"Araso. I shall not force you then... Afterall, I was the one who had hurt you deeply at first. I already knew this isn't going to be easy after seeing that geeky boy kissing you. I know you're struggling with your decision now. I just want to let you know that I'm not giving up. From today onwards, Kwon Ji Yong is going to court Im Yoona. And he is definitely going to win the rest of her heart back from that geeky Choi Seung Hyun." Ji Yong put both of his hands into his pocket as he nodded his head proudly.

 

"Ahhh. Oppa, he is not a geek anymore!" Yoona couldn't help but chuckled upon hearing Ji Yong's sour comment. He was jealous of Seung Hyun and she could tell just by listening to his tone.

 

"Whatever~ Come on. Let's get you home now. It's turning cold." Ji Yong shrugged his shoulder and extended his arm out in a gentlemanly way. "Shall we?"

 

"Aishh~ Chinjia... Neh!" Yoona shook her head in defeat as she wrapped her hand around Ji Yong's arms, heading towards his car. Their friendship is saved. For now at least.

 

------

 

"What are you thinking my young lady?" Yoona's aunt knocked on the door and opened it, finding Yoona staring into space as she dried her hair with her towel.

 

"Komo! Anniyo. Just thinking about some stuffs~ Nothing important. What's the matter?" Yoona was startled as she turned to find her aunt staring at her amusingly. She regained her composure and smiled at her.

 

"Anniyo. Just to check on how's my dear niece is doing." Yoona's aunt smiled at her.

 

"Ahhh. As usual~"

 

"Yoona ah, when are you getting yourself a boyfriend? I had seen the Seung Hyun boy looking at you with sparkles in his eyes and you seemed to be comfortable around him too. It's been so long since I last see you being close with other guys. Except for Ji Yong and Young Bae of course."

 

"A-Anniyo Komo!! S-Since when!!" Yoona's face immediately turned red upon her aunt's teasing.

 

"Ahhh. Look at your face~" She laughed and shook her head. "Araso araso. So I guess it's Ji Yong then? That playful boy. But then again, he always knows how to cheer girls up. He even have ways against old women like me."

 

"Komo!!" Yoona groaned. "Aren't you tired from your long hours of flight? Come on! Time to sleep!!" Yoona stood up from her bed, pushing her aunt gently towards the door.

 

"Yah yah. Stubborn Im Yoona. Just like your dad... Araso araso. Komu shall not ask you anymore. But make sure you make a choice quick alrights! I don't want an old niece to stay under the same roof as me." Her aunt laughed as she stepped outside her room.

 

"Komo! Are you that eager to chase me out!?" Yoona groaned. "Too bad! I'm going to stick to you for the rest of my life!" She stuck out her tongue playfully. "Araso araso~ Goodnight Komo annyonghi jumushipsiyo~" She gave a light peck on her aunt's cheek.

 

"Neh~ Annyonghi jumushipsiyo~" She smiled in defeat as she returned the kiss on Yoona's cheek. "Remember to cover up well! Winter is coming to Seoul earlier than expected~" 

 

"Neh~"

 

-------

 

Yoona shook her head and laughed as she watched her aunt disappearing out of her sight. She headed back to her bed, snuggling warmly into her blanket as she picked up her phone, checking it out before turning in. There were two messages.

 

 

Yoona ah. Are you asleep already? I guess not? Anyway, just want to tell you that I'm serious in whatever that I had said just now if I had given you the mentality that I'm joking. From tomorrow onwards, you would no longer be Kwon Ji Yong's girl, but I would be Im Yoona's guy instead. I believe I would guide your heart to where it should belong. Just to inform you, I hadn't hand you the gift for tonight. Even though we are suppose to be giving the gift to our partners, I'm not going to give a damn care about this tradition or whatever. And besides, you ARE suppose to be my partners. It's just that we had a slight hiccups in between. So, be prepared to receive your gift! . Rest well and be pretty for tomorrow!

 

Ji Yong Oppa<3

 

 

 

Yoona ah. I hope that you had gotten home safely already. Just to let you know, I meant every single word that I had said just now. I would no longer be hiding my love for you anymore. I would stand up bravely against whoever is in my path. From tomorrow onwards, I'm going to prove my love for you. I believe that you would know who to choose very soon. Rest well and I'll see you tomorrow in school~ (:

 

PS: In every annual ball, we're suppose to be giving our partner a gift right? And this year is no exception. I had prepared one for you already. Will give it to you once I see you in school tomorrow.

 

Seung Hyun Oppa.

 

 

Yoona touched her lips and immediately felt the rush of heat towards her cheeks. So, it was not a dream afterall. It was real. She had kissed, or being kissed by three people in one day. A jerk. Her guardian angel. Her best friend. She felt perplexed. Changmin was definitely out of the question. But Ji Yong and Seung Hyun? Both of them had confessed to her honestly. And she could no longer pretend to be ignorant. She needed to make a choice. A choice that would not hurt either of them. They were the last person that she would want to hurt. They were part of her life. But she could not make a decision. At least not now. This was something not to be rushed.

 

 

Indeed, winter had decided to come knocking into Seoul earlier this year. But with the tinge of love and adoration in the air, people's hearts were easily warmed and secured. Not a sense of loneliness~

 


 

Author's Note: Hey all! I'm soooo sorry for updating this late!! Actually, I wanted to publish this chapter on the day of BB's winning in EMA, but I was too occupied with my school projects! >< YES!! THEY REALLY WON!! BIG BANG WON THE WORLDWIDE ACT!! YAYYYYYYYYYYY! That's the power of VIPs! :D Really elated! A dream come true! Hopefully, this would hasten their comeback date. Alrights! Enough of ranting here. Hope you guys like this chapter! GYoon and TopYoon are both included! Comments and subscribers are loved! <3