Epilogue 2

Love Like This

C U R R E N T  S O N G

Wedding Dress [Taeyang]

 

"Oh gosh, Hyung! You're finally here!" Young Bae groaned in exasperation as he saw me, walking up the stairs, not rushing at all. "HYUNG! Bbali! Yoona is crying non-stop!" I smirked as he grabbed my arm, pulling me into the cathedral.

 

 

I was dragged along by him as I took a look at the surroundings. The cathedral was nicely done up, except for some final touches for later's big event. I smiled as I walked through the aisle, looking at the decorations. It was as though I was walking through the memory lane. The memory of Im Yoona. Pictures of her when she was young, pictures of her dorky behaviour, pictures of her when she was in high school... Unknowningly, a smile crept up onto my face. The theme of the wedding was right after all. Reminiscing the past memories.... So many things had happen in the last three years...

 

 

I remembered how she would always fell asleep on my shoulder when we were in her house watching DVD...

 

I remembered how she would always pout at me when she lost in the basketball game...

 

I remembered how she would always brightened up at the sight of me bringing her food....

 

------

 

"Omo! Oppa! You're finally here! Yoong! Seung Hyun Oppa is here!" Yul exclaimed as she saw me entering the bride's room with Young Bae.

 

 

And once again, I was lost for words when I saw her. My breath was taken away by her beauty once again. She was dressed in the simple, white mermaid wedding dress that prefectly showed her slim and long legs and her beautifully curved body shape. Her silky wavy hair was let down, letting it fall perfectly at one side while the top of her head was adorned with a wedding veil and a tiara. Makeups? Well, even if there is, it would have been smudged by her tears. I was always captivated by how naturally she looked. Even without makeups, she would still look stunning. That was one of her many beauty.

 

 

"I asked her if it was the tight wedding corset that was causing her tears but just realised that she wasn't wearing one and I also tried asking if she was hungry but she just continue to shake her head. Then, I figured out that the solution is you. So, I had to asked you to come over. Mianhae Oppa, I know you're busy preparing the wedding too. But the wedding is starting in less than 2hours. If the bride was to be in tears later, it would be a disaster..." One thing to note, Yoona always has the ability to affect people around her with her mood. So, when she was happy, everyone around her would feel the joyous feeling. Similarly, when she was in tears, people around her would be in despair and anxiety.

 

"Araso araso. Relax Yul... I'm here now. I'll take over from here. Do you mind helping me to oversee the things outside? You know how clumsy is your boyfriend like. I don't trust him with the final touches~" I laughed as I patted Yul's shoulder.

 

"Neh~ Call me back once you're done ok? I need to touch up on her blusher. She needs some makeups at least~" She leaned in as she whispered to me. "See you later Oppa!" She chuckled as she gave me a light hug, before joining Young Bae outside.

 

"Now, come on. What's wrong with my Goddess Yoong?" I smiled as I turned back, walking towards her as I wrapped my arms around her, rubbing her shoulders. "Anxiety wrecking you up?"

 

"Awww. Op-Oppa! You...You always knows what's on my mind...." She finally looked up at me, eyes filled with tears.

 

 

Yes. I always know what's on your mind. Just like 3 years ago....

 

<<< FLASHBACKS >>>

 

We reached the Plaza and splited up to look for Yoona. I was frantically looking around, trying to find her. I didn't know why, but my feet brought me to the centre of the Plaza. where confettis were being thrown to celebrate the season of giving. I took a look at my watch. Right. It was 24th and was 1159pm. One more minute to Christmas. How I wished I could find her now. That would be the best Christmas gift ever. Maybe god had answered my prayer. When the clock striked 12 and everyone cheered, I caught sight of the familiar figure....She was too, looking around, face pouted. Smile crept up on my face immediately. I jostled with the crowd, trying to get to her faster. Just a few steps away from her, I froze. God wasn't that kind to me afterall. I was just a few steps late. Just a few....

 

And there Ji Yong was, sneaking behind her, putting on the christmas hat for her, catching her by surprise. She was surprised but as she turned to see who the person was, she broke into a wide smile, as she hit him on the chest, sticking her tongue out at him. Ji Yong just smiled as he pulled her in for a hug. A deep hug as I saw her gaze softened as she hugged him back too. Finally, Ji Yong broke away from the hug and gave her a kiss on her forehead while she blushed. At that instant, everything was cleared to me. There wasn't a chance in the first place at all. I knew what she was thinking. It had always been him all along... It had always been Kwon Ji Yong...

 

 

As if my luck wasn't bad enough, as I was about to walk away, I was being spotted by Yoona. She shouted my name out. I froze in my step. Should I turn around, or should I pretended that I didn't hear and walked off coolly? Either way, I felt that it would hurt me. But, I wasn't given any time to think. Yoona patted my shoulders by then, and turned me around. When I saw her smile, everything was gone. I knew I could never escape that pair of eyes and that smile. I would do anything for that smile.

 

 

"Yoona..." And so, I forced a weak smile at her as I took a glance at Ji Yong, who just simply smirked.

 

<<< END OF FLASHBACKS >>>

 

"Come on Yoong, look at me..." I sighed as I carcassed her face gently, gaze softened. "Listen to me... Now, close your eyes and tell me what do you see..."

 

 

She did what she was told and closed her eyes. I knew what she was thinking. Like what she had always say, I'm the worm in her stomach. We were thinking about the same thing, but we had different thoughts on it...

 

 

She remembered how Ji Yong would always carry her to bed when she fell asleep while we were watching DVD together.

 

She remembered how she would always have to give Ji Yong a kiss on his lips when she lost in the basketball game with us.

 

She remembered how she would always feed Ji Yong with the food when we were having a meal together.

 

 

"Oppa, gomawo... I finally understand..." She fluttered open her eyes slowly and slowly extended into a grin. She threw her arms around me.

 

"Anything for you..." I softened as I hugged her too, mentally cursing myself for thinking that I could change her mind at this point of time. 

 

"Oppa, you would be watching me right...." She broke away from the hug as she looked at me with her large doe eyes.

 

"Definitely. I always kept my promises to you..." I smiled as I wiped away her tears with my thumb. "Now, you better stop crying now. If not, Yul is going to have a hard time putting on the blusher for you~" I chuckled.

 

"Yah Oppa!" With that, she hit me hard on the arm, pouting away.

 

"Yoona ah, stay blissful for me okays?" I couldn't control my emotions. I pulled her in for another hug as I sighed.

 

 

She didn't reply as she rested her cheek comfortably on my back and her hands rubbed my back. It was a thought that we shared, as unspoken as it was. I knew she would be blissful.

 

------

 

The time had come. The cathedral was filled with people. I stood beside Ji Yong as he shot me a thankful smile which I replied it with a nod. I knew he was thankful for me. During their courtship days, whenever they quarrelled, I would always be the one, patching things up for them, counselling Yoona. Actually, he shouldn't even thank me at all. If I didn't know for the fact that no matter how bad their quarrel is, Yoona would never stop loving him, I wouldn't have encouraged Yoona to continue with this relationship. I knew she just needed to rant. After awhile, she would be back to normal. That's her love for Ji Yong. The undying love she held for him. I always cursed myself for being so generous whenever they patched up in the end, which was around just a day or two. It would always be Ji Yong apologising first and she would readily accept it.

 

 

Soon, I heard the wedding march played by Young Bae on the piano. It was a cue. A cue for the bride's arrival. The door was opened slowly, and there she was, accompanied by the bridesmaid, Yul, approaching us slowly. I caught sight of Yul, who gave me an encouraging smile. I returned the smile. I was glad that at least her best friend had been standing on my side all these while. It was comforting to know that Yul loved me more than she loved Ji Yong,as much as she spent a longer time with Ji Yong. She had always liked Yoona to be with me. In fact, she ignored Yoona for a day when she first received the news that she had accepted Ji Yong's proposal. Mind you, one day of not talking among YoonYul IS a big deal already.

 

 

What happens after that was a total blurred vision for me. I could feel myself going numb as everyone faced the front, witnessing the couple's vows. My heart lurched when I heard her sweet melodious voice. I had always loved how her voice rang so sweetly to me. But not this time. Just not this one. She took a quick glance at Ji Yong before saying, 'I Do'. I wanted to scream out my disatisfaction so much. To stop this marriage. But, my throat was hoarse all of the sudden. I couldn't find the words to my mouth. I was screaming in my heart but nothing came out. My heart was bleeding as I remained silent throughout the whole thing.

 

I stood at the back as I watched the newly weds greeting and receiving the blessings from others. I couldn't really bring myself over there. Not yet. I fished out something from my pocket as I stared at it. A ring. A ring that I had been keeping for like ever. A ring that was meant to be put on her finger. A ring that was suppose to be on her finger now if I weren't that coward. If I did fight for my own love. If I had known and confessed to her earlier. As I was lost in my thoughts, someone pushed me from behind accidentally, causing me to lose grip on the ring, as it dropped to the ground and rolled off....

 

 

All that was left was regrets...  A scar in my heart that could never be healed... Just like the ring that had rolled off... Never going to be found again. But still, I hoped the best for her. Looking at her smiles as she joked around, leaning in towards Ji Yong from time to time, was enough for me to know that she would be blissful. She loved Ji Yong and Ji Yong loved her too. He would be the one, holding on to her hands, walking towards the next stage of her life. Their life. A pair of lovebirds that was meant to be. Yoona ah, Seung Hyun Oppa would forever be your Seung Hyun Oppa... Your guardian angel...

 

Im Yoona, stay blissful araso? No matter what, You're One In A Million....

 


 

Woots~!! I managed to finish this chapter by today!! *Screams* Alrights! Luckily, I didn't take too long! I knew all of you wanted a GYoon ending! And so......... here is a GYoon ending! But also, it focuses more on TopYoon (: So, here comes the sad part... It's the end of this story already! )): I really want to thank all of you guys for supporting this fic! Subscribers, commenters, silent readers.... All of your support meant so much to me! >< I hope you readers enjoyed reading this short fic~ Hopefully, continue to support my other fics too! Spread the Soshibang LOVE! GYOON! <3