Childish Love

Love Like This

C U R R E N T  S O N G

Love Like This [SS501]

 

Yoona rubbed her eyes tiredly as the sunrays seeped into her room, symbolising another brand new day. She stretched and got ready to wash up. Well, finals are over, and most people would want to skip a day or two of school. Especially it was a day after the annual ball. However, Yoona wasn't someone that would be late for school, not to mention skipping school. Hence, she dressed herself up and headed downstairs for her breakfast. Just like any other usual school days.

 

 

"Komo!" Yoona smiled cheerfully as she walked down the stairs, and gave a light peck on her aunt's cheek as she read the newspaper.

 

"Ahhh. My beautiful niece~ Morning~" Her aunt smiled as she removed her glasses and closed her newspapers. "Up so early for school again?"

 

"Neh~ Gomawoyo Maria~" Yoona smiled at her maid who brought her milk and breakfast in.

 

"Sometimes, I just hope that you could be a bad girl for one day~ I thought usually people don't attend school after their prom night?" Yoona's aunt looked at her, raising her brows.

 

"Omo. Komo! Since when ummas will tell their children to be naughty! ALL ummas want their children to attend school regularly. And besides, yesterday wasn't my prom night. It was just the annual ball~" Yoona laughed as she speared the fork into her bowl of salad.

 

"Well, I'm the exception then. Yoona ah, I just want you to get a normal student life. Being a normal teenage girl that would be rebellious sometimes or getting into relationships when I forbade you to do so. But you seems to be too obedient. Being the model student and not even having some love life! It's not as though my niece isn't pretty. She has a whole line of suitors for goodness sake! Heard that she won the ballroom queen for the third conseuctive year already~" Her aunt cried.

 

"Omo. Komo! You're so hilarious sometimes. I'm living a perfectly fine life now! I have you, I have Maria, I have Yul and Young Bae Oppa~ My life is complete, Komo. As for the love part, I guess I could still wait a little while more~" Yoona chuckled.

 

"My young lady. You're already 20 this year! Soon, you'll have your coming of age day. And when that is over, time would fly~ You would become 25... Then 30... Then 40... And eventually, becoming like me. An old, ugly spinster~" Her aunt sighed.

 

"Komo, don't make it sound so scary. You're the prettiest woman I had ever seen in my entire life~ You aren't an old spinster and neither am I going to be one~" Yoona chuckled at her aunt's overeacted actions as she gulped down her glass of milk. "I shall get going already! See you tonight Komo!" Yoona planted a quick kiss on her aunt's cheek, grabbed her bag and made a run before her aunt began to nag at her again. "Bye Maria!"

 

------

 

"Oh! Yoona ah!"

 

 

The moment I opened the door, I was startled. I saw Ji Yong Oppa and Seung Hyun Oppa right in front of me. They were elbowing each other and were using the other hand to push each other's face to the side. It looked as though they were some middle school kids fighting for some chocolates. A sight that I had never seen before from Ji Yong Oppa. Let alone the mature Seung Hyun Oppa. I was so shocked that I practically stood there, eyes wide open as they smiled dumbly at me, calling my name.

 

 

"I was just about to tell you that just now when I was taking the newspaper in, the two boys are outside but you left in such an.... abrupt. Oh! Seung Hyun and Ji Yong ah! You guys haven't leave?" Komo walked towards me and was as surprised as me.

 

"Komo!" Both of them smiled brightly, trying to impress Komo I guessed.

 

"Ahhh. Such beautiful boys~ Yoona ah, just pick one of them and Komo would not nag at you already!" Komo laughed and teased me, causing me to turn red. Such a GREAT timing.

 

"Komo!!" I groaned, pushing her back into the house. "You're going to be late for your work already! Go get dressed! Bbali!"

 

"Araso araso~ My niece is embarrassed already~ You boys work hard alrights! Ahhh~ Reminds me of my good old days~" Komo turned and bid goodbye to the both of them and headed in. I quickly closed the door behind me as I heaved a sound of relief.

 

"Morning Oppas~ Er... What brings you guys here?" I tucked my hair behind my ears and smiled at the both of them awkwardly.

 

"Of COURSE I'm here to pick you up!" Ji Yong Oppa exclaimed.

 

"Yoona ah, didn't you say that it had been ages since you last sit on my bike? Let's take my bike to school~" Seung Hyun Oppa added.

 

"Yah. Don't be crazy. It's so freaking cold already and you expect her to be out there braving the cold with you? You're nuts." Ji Yong Oppa smirked. "Yoona ah, take my car. It's warmer. You know how easy it is for to catch a cold. Don't risk it~"

 

"As if. You would just dump her in the middle of the road to brave the cold if you saw some other pretty girls along the road~" It was Seung Hyun Oppa's turn to speak up as he smirked too. "Yoona ah, take mine. I can give you my jacket." 

 

"Anniyo. Yoona ah. Let me drive you instead. It's safer."

 

"Yoona ah. Let's go."

 

"Let's go Yoona."

 

"Yah! What makes you have the right to command her?!"

 

"Mwuh? What about you?!"

 

"Chinjia! You..."

 

"OPPAS!" I could hold my anger no longer. They were acting like kids totally! Did I look like some kind of toy that they were fighting for?

 

 

This caused them to fall silent again and turned to me, being shocked. That was the first time that I shouted so angrily at them.

 

 

"YOONG~!!" Finally, my saviour came!

 

-----

 

"YOONG~!!" Yuri shouted as she got down from Young Bae's car and saw Yoona standing by the door. "Wow. Such a lively morning?" Yuri chuckled as she walked towards Yoona, glancing at Seung Hyun and Ji Yong.

 

"What took you so long!" Yoona pouted.

 

"Ahhh~ Blame it on that Dong Young Bae. He woke up late and we ended up being caught in the traffic." Yuri turned to face Seung Hyun and Ji Yong. "Oh! Seung Hyun Oppa and Ji Yong Oppa, you guys are so early?" She spoke in a teasing tone.

 

"Morning Yul~" Both of them ruffled their hair and had their head bent down embarrasingly.

 

"Araso araso. Enough of such greetings. We need to get to school already. Look Oppas, today, I'm going to school with Yul and Young Bae Oppa. So, I guess I shall see you guys around in school late alrights? Annyeong!" Yoona linked arms with Yuri and pulled her away from the both guys before Yuri could continue with the conversation any longer.

 

"See you later Oppas!" Yuri giggled and waved goodbye to the both guys who were left standing there, feeling bewildered.

 

------

 

"So THAT'S why you want me to go to school with you today. I thought you missed me or something, Im Yoona." Yuri folded her arms across her chest and raised her brows in mock frustration.

 

"Y-Yah! That was just part of the reason. I do miss going to school with you too alrights!" Yoona stuttered as she tried to defend herself.

 

 

The truth was, Yoona had already predicted that Ji Yong and Seung Hyun would most probably turn up in front of her house in the morning. So, to play safe, she texted Yuri beforehand, informing her that she wanted to go to school with her and Young Bae. Even though Ji Yong and Seung Hyun did turn up as what she had expected, she was still shock. She didn't expect them to be arguing at such trivial matters.

 

 

"This is why I say, Im Yoona is always that smart. She must have predicted that Hyung and Ji Yong would show up in front of her." Young Bae, who was driving, just chuckled.

 

"Oppa! Focus on the road!" Yoona groaned.

 

"Araso araso. But I still think you should take Ji Yong's car. I mean come on, he is always the one picking you up for school." Young Bae shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly.

 

"WAS you mean. Ever since that Kiko girl came into the picture, Seung Hyun Oppa was the one who picked her up for school and sending her home safely. So, I think she should go with Seung Hyun Oppa." Yuri begged to differ though.

 

"Come on. That's because Ji Yong was blind. Now, he could see clearly. He is in LOVE with Yoona! And Yoona loves him too!" Young Bae groaned.

 

"Seung Hyun Oppa loves Yoona too!" Yuri rebutted as she pouted.

 

"Aishh~ That's two different case."

 

"How's that different? Yah Dong Young Bae, are you courting death?" Yuri pouted as she stared at Young Bae.

 

"Anniyo. What I meant was just that Ji Yong and Yoona should be together....."

 

"Anniyo. I think she should be with Seung Hyun Oppa instead."

 

"Anniyo...."

 

"It should be that way!"

 

"It should be that way instead!"

 

 

 It looked like going to school with this couple wasn't a great choice either. Yoona thought. She slumped into the back seat tiredly as Young Bae's and Yuri's bickerings continued to drone on. What a great way to kickstart the morning~

 

-----

 

The first few hours of school were normal for Yoona after the dramatic morning. Yoona and Yuri were attending classes as per normal. There wasn't much to do except receiving of their exam papers and checking of scripts. Everything was going on fine until lunch hour. Yoona and Yuri were getting ready to head to the cafeteria for lunch. As they were walking along the hallway, Yoona noticed that people were staring at her and were pointing fingers at her or whispering into their friends' ears.

 

 

"Yul, did you notice something weird today? Why does everyone seems to be staring at me?" Yoona whispered to Yuri.

 

"Mwuh? Aishh~ You're always being stared at. Aren't you suppose to be used to this by now, GODDESS YOONG~" Yuri mocked.

 

"Anniyo! This is not what I meant! It's just..."

 

"Aishhh~ You're just being sensitive today after the morning's incident. Come on, let's hurry to the cafe! I'm starving!" Yuri ignored Yoona's comment and pulled her along as she quickened her pace.

 

 

"Omo! Im Yoona is so blessed! Such a lucky girl!! How I wish I'm like her too!!" Yoona tried to shrug that comment off . She overheard a group of girls chatting as she was being dragged by Yuri.

 

------

 

Mwuh? Someone, kill me now. Please.

 

-----

 

"Yoong, breathe. You got to B.R.E.A.T.H.E" Yuri nudged Yoona on her elbowed and whispered to her.

 

 

But Yoona was not listening. She wasn't in any mood to process anything in her brain. Her heart had already begun a thunderous pace in her chest as her breathing thinned in anxiety as Ji Yong approached her with a bouquet of flower and his ever-unfaltering smile. Things were made worse by the fact that Yuri had left her side, not giving her any source of support to lean on. 

 

 

So THIS was why every girl along the hallway just now had thrown her glances of jealousy and envy. The moment Yoona and Yuri reached the cafeteria, they were met with a different scene. The cafeteria wasn't like the usual cafeteria. It wasn't noisy, it wasn't dirty, it wasn't crowded. The ENTIRE cafeteria was filled with balloons. Balloons hanging down from the cellings, balloons laying all around the floor. And there was a huge banner across the stalls that stated "SARANGHAE, IM YOONA~" Yoona's eyes were wide in shock.

 

 

"I know this is too little, but for now, that's what I can give you..." Yoona frozed at her spot as Ji Yong approached her slowly.

 

 

She didn't know it was because of Ji Yong's handsome and famous smirk that took her breath away or it was the entire thing that was sweeping her off her feet. She then decided that it was the latter. She stared straight into Ji Yong's eyes as Ji Yong extended his arms out, giving her the bouquet of flowers.

 

 

"Yo-You call this.... this.... LITTLE?" Yoona finally found her voice back as she spat out.

 

"Well, it's little. Compared to the love I have for you." Ji Yong shrugged. "I told you to be prepared for your gift already."

 

"Oppa, this is crazy...."Yoona still couldn't believe what she was seeing. How on earth could Ji Yong evacuate the ENTIRE cohort who was having their lunch?!

 

"It's not. It's not crazy to fall in love with you."

 

"You know this is not what I mean... What I meant was...."

 

"Come on, accept your gift first!" Ji Yong interrupted her sentence as he fished out a velvet box from his pocket and gave it to Yoona.

 

 

Yoona did what she was told as she took over the box slowly. She could feel her fingers trembling (excitedly) as she opened the box. She awed in amazement as she put her hand over .

 

 

"Om..Omo... Oppa! How do you get this!?" Yoona was in disbelief.

 

 

It was an oval-shaped locket made of white gold. It was fitted on one side with a miniature picture of her and her deceased mum and on the other with a tiny portion of her parent's ashes which was being modified into tiny crystals. 

 

 

"Well, of course it ain't my effort only... I had asked Komo for help. We went to ask the undertaker to convert the ashes into tiny crystals so that you could bring it around with you. I know you missed your Appa and Umma alot even though you didn't really mention it in front of us. You're just a stubborn girl who never fails to...."

 

"Oppa, gomawo... Chinjia gomawo..." Yoona cut Ji Yong off as she threw her arms around Ji Yong, breaking into tears. She was touched. Really touched. Ji Yong was right. She did miss her parents. Badly in fact. But she never did voice it out. She didn't think it was worthwhile burdening others with her grief. She always had been carrying a burden of not being capable of keeping some of her parents' belongings as memories. And now, Ji Yong just made her dream come true. The gift was that meaningful, that precious to her...

 

"Crybaby~ Come on, let me put it on for you." Ji Yong broke away from the hug as he wiped her tears away with his thumb.

 

 

Yoona nodded as Ji Yong took over the locket and put it around Yoona's neck. After he put it on for her, Yoona smiled as she hugged him tightly. Ji Yong broke into a warm smile and threw a victorious glance at Seung Hyun as he returned the hug too, rubbing her back. Everyone who stood there watching the scene was cheering and awed in envy. All except Seung Hyun...

 

 

It's time for you to show what you've got, Choi Seung Hyun~

 

------

 

"Yoona ah!" I was heading to the washroom to clean up my tears when I hear a voice calling my name.

 

 

I turned around and saw Seung Hyun Oppa running towards me, panting away.

 

 

"Oh...Seung Hyun Oppa..." I grinned.

 

"Yoona ah, do you ha-have...have a moment to spare?" He tried to stablise his breathing as he looked up.

 

"Er.... Neh..." I hesitated awhile. He tried so hard to look for me. Since I had given Ji Yong Oppa a chance to talk to me, I guessed that it was fair to give him a chance to talk too?

 

"Here... This, this is my gift for you..." He took out something from his pocket and gave it to me, with the usual smile written on his face.

 

"Gomawo..." I smiled as I took over. To say the truth, my heart had already assumed that inside the box should contain a necklace or something. It was definitely not as special as what Ji Yong Oppa had given me.

 

"Aren't you going to open it up? I know it may not be as impressive as Ji Yong's, but at least try to humor me a bit, Yoona~" He smirked as he urged me to open the velvet box.

 

"Anniyo! Araso araso! I'll open up now!" I immediately got flustered as I shook my head and opened the box up.

 

 

I was wrong totally. It was as special and precious as what Ji Yong Oppa had given me.

 

 

He too, had given me a locket. But it was a heart-shaped locket made of silver and in it contained a small little key. I looked up and looked at him with bewilderment.

 

 

"Oppa, what is this key for?" I picked it up carefully, fearing that it would just slipped or crushed under my hand.

 

"Here~" He smiled as he took out something from behind. It was a book. It was locked.

 

 

I was so curious and immediately inserted the key, turning open the lock. Of course, the lock opened and revealed what was the content.

 

 

Once again, my eyes stared in disbelief. The moment I opened the book, I was met by a super huge photo of me when I was still a baby. It stated,"Im Yoona's History~". I brushed my finger across the photo and broke into a smile. I flipped to the next page and was once again, surprised. It contained all my photos. When I was a baby, being carried by Appa, till I was a toddler, crawling on the floor, to I was a pre-school kid, crying as Appa and Umma tried to pacify me. All the photos and short phrases were telling a story. A life story of me. I smiled at each and every photo as memories flooded back to me. It was so memorable. I saw Appa's and Umma's smiles. I had almost forgotten how they looked like... How Appa's brows would always curved up, how Umma's eyes would turned into a crescent when she smile.... Needless to say, by the end of the 'story', my eyes were once again filled with tears. The story ended with this sentence, 'This is only a part of your memories. Don't be afraid to make more of it. Saranghae, Yoona~'

 

 

"Oppa..." I looked up at him, tears welling up.

 

"Aishh~ If I had known that you would cry, I would not have prepared such stuffs already. I should just gave you some normal necklace or something." Seung Hyun Oppa broke into a smile as he hugged me and rubbed my back.

 

"Anniyo! This is the best that you could give me already! It's...It's just that... you guys are really... really giving me too much..." I cried like a kid.

 

"That's because you deserve it. You deserve everything in the world, Yoona..." He broke away from the hug and pinched my nose playfully, smiling at me.

 

"Oppa, gomawo...Chinjia..." I sniffed and finally smiled at him and he put on the locket for me.

 

"Remember what I had said before, 'No more Mianhae-s, No more Kamsahaminda'." He just smiled at me sweetly. "Seeing your smile, makes everything worth it..."

 

 

My heart lurched as he said that. I was really confused. Kwon Ji Yong. Choi Seung Hyun. Both of them meant so much to me and had given me so much....

 

------

 

"YAH! IM YOONA! GO TO HELL!!!" Suddenly, a shout broke their conversation.

 

 

It was Kiko. She was charging towards Yoona with a bottle of acid and she threw it towards Yoona. Yoona was too shock to response as she frozed at her spot. She closed her eyes. The acid bottle crashed onto the ground with a loud crash, alerting people to come around to see what was happening. Everyone gasped.

 

 

"Seung Hyun Oppa!!" Yoona shrieked.

 

 

Seung Hyun was actually quick enough to pull Yoona out of the danger and into his arms as he dodged the bottle for her. He managed to help Yoona shun away from the bottle, but wasn't lucky enough to save himself. The bottle broke and the acid spluttered, splashing onto his right arm. He kneeled down on the ground, groaning in pain.

 

 

"G-Gwenchana?" Even till then, he was only concerned about Yoona.

 

"Omo! Oppa! Gwenchana? I'm calling the hospital right now!! Hang on!!" Yoona was in a state of panic as she took out her phone, dialing the emergency number as her finger trembled.

 

 

Everyone gathered around as cries of Yoona could be heard. Ji Yong could recognised Yoona's voice all the way from the cafeteria and rushed out, only to see a group of people crowding around. He pushed past the people urgently.

 

 

"Yoona! LOOK OUT!!" Ji Yong immediately dashed towards Yoona, hugging her and ended up being slashed by the sharp knife.

 

 

Since the acid didn't harm her, Kiko had even prepared a knife with her for the backup plan. When Yoona was busy calling the ambulance, she sneaked up from behind, wanting to stab her. Ji Yong pushed past the people and saw just in time, pushing her away while the knife gave a deep cut on his right arm.

 

 

Yoona was mortified as she saw fresh blood gushing out from Ji Yong's arm. Ji Yong turned and glared at Kiko fiercely, causing her to drop her knife and became petrified. She didn't expect to hurt Seung Hyun or Ji Yong. She just wanted Yoona to be disfigured, or better off, dead.

 

 

"O.Omo... Oppa! G-Gw..Gwenchana?" Kiko trembled as she rushed forward to Ji Yong, wanting to treat his wound.

 

"ARE YOU HAPPY NOW? SCRAM!!" Ji Yong pushed her away roughly and shouted at her.

 

"O-Oppa..." Kiko fell to the ground, eyes full of tears. "I-I didn't mean to... to hurt y...."

 

"SCRAM!!" Ji Yong shouted again, hiding Yoona behind his back.

 

 

With the help of her friends, Kiko ran away before the teachers arrive. Both Seung Hyun and Ji Yong were admitted into the hospital immediately, with Yoona following behind them.

 

------

 

"Yoong, relax... Everything would be fine. Nothing would happen to them..." Young Bae patted Yoona's shoulder as he sat beside her, handing her a cup of warm coffee.

 

"O-Oppa... I'm really scared... What..What if they leave a scar because of me? What..What if they lost too much blood?" Yoona's face was paled as she stuttered. She was still in a state of shock.

 

"Ahhh. Come on, a scar for a guy is actually quite cool." Young Bae chuckled but stopped and raised his hand in defeat as Yoona shot him a death glare. "Araso araso. Don't worry Yoong. It was just a slight cut and a little splash of acid on the skin. Everything would be fine~ Chill~" 

 

"Aishh~ It's all my fault...." Yoona sighed as she stared down into her coffee. "Ji Yong Oppa was protecting me even until the very end..." Yoona closed her eyes as she recalled the fierce look Ji Yong had when he chased Kiko away. It was the glare that she had rarely seen him having. Except when she was being bullied by Changmin.

 

"Don't worry. He would be fine~" Young Bae patted her shoulder once again. "Oh look! The doc is out!" Young Bae exclaimed as both of them rushed towards the doctor.

 

"How's my friend?"

 

"Don't worry. Everything is fine. But the cut is a little deep and the knife seemed to be rusty... We are afraid that he might have tetanus. So, he got to be admitted into the hospital for further observations. Otherwise, if everything goes on well, meaning that if he doesn't run a fever or had any symptoms, he would be discharged by tomorrow night." The doctor smiled, causing Yoona to finally relaxed.

 

"So, can we go and see him now?"

 

"Of course. But the anesthetic effect hadn't wear off. So, he wouldn't be awake yet."

 

"Neh~ Kamsahaminda~" Both Yoona and Young Bae bowed in gratitude.

 

"Heard that? Are you relaxed now?" Young Bae smiled at Yoona.

 

"Yah Oppa~" Yoona hit Young Bae's arms gently and rolled her eyes. "Oppa, if it's ok...."

 

"Araso araso. Go ahead and see Hyung. I would stay and accompany him first. And I would call Uncle Kwon first to inform them. So that they wouldn't be worried." Young Bae smiled as he interrupted her sentence.

 

"Ahhh. Gomawo Oppa!" Yoona smiled as she hugged Young Bae, then breaking into a run, running towards the other emergency room.

 

-----

 

"Aunty Choi..." Yoona panted as she saw Mrs Choi, Daesung and Seungri sitting around outside the emergency room.

 

"Yoona ah!" Instead of looking worried, Mrs Choi was smiling as she hugged Yoona.

 

"Aunty Choi... Mianhamnida..." Yoona bowed in apology.

 

"Anniyo. I must thank you Yoona! You made my boy looked like a hero!" Being the exception, instead of blaming Yoona, Mrs Choi was actually thanking Yoona for causing harm to Seung Hyun.

 

"Eh? An-Anniyo..." Yoona was taken aback by her sudden happiness.

 

"Noona!" Also, Daesung and Seungri weren't in disraught at all. They too, greeted Yoona happily, as though the person inside wasn't their kin at all.

 

"Daesung, Seungri..." Yoona smiled at them. "How's Seung Hyun Oppa?"

 

"Ahhh. Gwenchana! Noona, you don't need to worry! He would be fine!" Daesung exclaimed, shaking his head.

 

"Yeahs. His skin is really thick. No harm would be incurred!" Seungri added.

 

"O...Oh...." Yoona just smiled and said nothing. The Chois was really an interesting family.

 

"Noona, looks like Hyung really loves you a lot.." Daesung motioned Yoona to sit beside him as they waited for Seung Hyun to be out.

 

"E-Eh?" Yoona looked at Daesung in surprise. She knew what he meant. Even when he was injured, the only person he thought about was her. He was worried about her instead of being worried about his own injuries.

 

"I had never seen him braving danger for any girl... No girl except you. Ever since you became his friend, he really became a whole lot more cheerful and bright. Kamsahaminda Noona..." Daesung laid back against the chair, resting his head on his arm as he smiled to himself.

 

"Daesung ah..." Yoona's eyes softened as she looked at Daesung. At that instant, she felt the immense love Daesung had for his brother. They might joke and fool around at times, but when it came down to tough times, they would always back each other up. And she felt guilty. Guilty for taking Seung Hyun for granted. He didn't deserved that treatment at all.

 

"Doctor is out!" Seungri alerted, bringing Yoona back to reality.

 

"How's my son?"

 

"Fine~ His arm is being bandaged up and please refrain it from touching the water. Keep the wound dry. Everything should be fine but it would be best if he could stay in the hospital for one day for further observation." The doctor assured them.

 

"Neh~ Kamsahaminda~"

 

------

 

"Oppa, mianhae..." The moment I opened my eyes, I saw Yoona looking at me, brows furrowed. I smiled as I stretched my hand out, pressing the furrow part.

 

"Gwenchana?"

 

"Neh... Oppa, you really shouldn't dash out... It's so dangerous!" She pouted.

 

"Anything for you~ Remember what I said? I would never forsake you.." I smiled at her sleepily.

 

"Oppa, you should get some sleep. You looked tired~" She smiled at me as she touched my face gently. Ahhh~ I could fly now seriously.

 

"Neh~" I closed my eyes peacefully with a smile that lingered on my face. This cut was definitely worth it.

 

------

 

"Oppa~" I opened my eyes tiredly and the first person I saw was Yoona. I thought I was dreaming.

 

"Gwenchana?" I recalled about the incident and immediately got worried.

 

"Gwenchana... Oppa, gomawoyo... But you shouldn't have save me! You should protect yourself..." She showed her famous pout at me.

 

"Anniyo. If you were the one lying here, I would have blamed myself even more." I smiled at her as I patted her hand. It was so nice holding her hand.

 

"Are you still in pain? Do I need to get the doctor?" She asked concerningly.

 

"Anniyo. Gwenchana... Just a little tired... I guess the anesthetic effect hadn't wear off completely..." I replied tiredly.

 

"Then you should get more rest!" She held my hand as she looked at me worriedly.

 

"Araso~" I smiled as my eyes closed peacefully. Acid? Who cares? As long as I got her heart, it's definitely worth it.

 

------

 

"YAH! WHY ARE YOU HERE?!!"

 

"Why are YOU here!"

 

 

The moment I came back from refilling the hot water, I heard shouts from inside the ward. I quickly opened the door and found the both of them kneeling on their hospital mattress as they propped themselves up, pointing at each other fiercely.

 

 

"Omo! Oppas! What are you guys doing?!!" I shrieked in horror as I put down the water flask immediately, standing in between the two beds. 

 

"Yoona ah, why is he in my ward?" Ji Yong Oppa exclaimed.

 

"Yoona ah, why is he in MY ward!" Seung Hyun Oppa continued on.

 

"Yah! This is MY ward alrights! Yoona was taking care of me yesterday night!"

 

"Anniyo! She was taking care of me!"

 

 

And there they go again, quarrelling. I let them continued on for awhile and finally, I could tolerate no longer. I shouted at them. They were behaving like middle school kids once again.

 

 

"STOP!!"

 

 

Phew. This worked. It did keep them quiet. Now I understand why teachers were having such a hard time teaching middle school kids.

 

 

"Look, I was the one who arrange you two to be in the same ward. Because Uncle and Aunty Kwon are in overseas and there is no one to take care of you. And because Aunty Choi is leaving for her vacation this morning. Since no one is there to look after the both of you, I decided to put you two in the same ward, so as to allow me to look after both of you more conveniently. Are you guys happy now? Do you want to scold me too?" I folded my arms across my chest and lectured them.

 

"Oh..." Both of them finally quietened down and sat back onto their bed.

 

"Good. You two are still injured. So, please take a rest now. Ji Yong Oppa, your checkup would be at 3pm. If everything is fine by then, you would be able to discharge by late evening. Seung Hyun Oppa. Your checkup is at 2pm. If nothing goes wrong, you would be discharged by evening. Young Bae Oppa would be here to pick you up, Ji Yong Oppa, and Daesung Oppa for you, Seung Hyun Oppa." I continued on.

 

"Neh~" Both of them nodded obediently and laid back down onto the bed. Looks like my shoutings do work.

 

"But Yoona ah, my head seemed to be a little...little giddy... Could you please feed me my breakfast?" Ji Yong Oppa looked at me with puppy eyes.

 

"Yeahs Yoona... My right arm seemed to be burning... And my left arm had absolutely no strength too..." Seung Hyun Oppa too, gave me a pitiful look. "Could you please feed me?"

 

"Aishh~ Chinjia... Araso araso!" And this, brought me to my utter misery.

 

-----

 

Hence for the few hours, Yoona had to entertain both Ji Yong and Seung Hyun. Whenever she was helping one, the other would groan in pain, or just simply being whiny. Yoona was exhausted by the end of the day and she decided that it was best for her to refresh herself first so that she could take better care of them. She figured out that it was only the right thing to do, given that both of them were injured because of her. And besides, she was really worried about them. What if they really couldn't get well? Hence, she headed to the washroom to freshen herself up and was on the way back to the ward.

 

 

"Yah. Cut the act." She was about to open the door when she heard Ji Yong's voice.

 

"Back to you."

 

"So what if I was acting? You're acting too. How could a few drops of acid cause so much burning sensation eh, Seung Hyun-sshi?"

 

"Wow. I didn't know a slight cut would cause you to be giddy eh, Ji Yong-sshi?"

 

"Yah! I just want Yoona to take care of me!"

 

"Well, me too!"

 

 

Yoona was burning with anger as she heard those words. How could they be so childish?! They were using their injuries to gain her attention! She pushed opened the door and the boys were shocked. Immediately, their expressions changed as Yoona stepped inside. Their faces were contorted in pain. Yoona grabbed her bag and was about to leave.

 

 

"Yoona ah.. Where are you going? I'm...I'm still giddy~" Ji Yong held her wrist and pretended to be sick.

 

"Yeahs... My arms still didn't have energy..." Seung Hyun grabbed hold of her the other wrist.

 

"Oh chinjia?" Yoona pretended to be worried as she touched Ji Yong's forehead gently as Ji Yong nodded innocently like a kid while giving Seung Hyun a smirk to which Seung Hyun responded with the rolling of his eyes.

 

"GO GET THE DOCTOR TO TREAT YOU THEN! LIAR KWON JI YONG! I had hurt all of your conversation outside already!" Suddenly, Yoona gave a hard hit on Ji Yong's forehead, causing Ji Yong to groan in pain. 

 

 

Seung Hyun, upon seeing Yoona's reaction, was peterified. He held both of his hands up in defeat. Yoona looked at him as she carried her handbag, preparing to leave.

 

 

"To think that you're really hurt! I thought you're the most mature, Seung Hyun Oppa! Burning arm? Go get some icecube to cool down then!" Seung Hyun too, could not escape the fate of inflicting the damage. Yoona snorted, giving Seung Hyun a hard hit on his left arm and stormed out of the ward, leaving the two pathetic guys there, groaning in pain and regret.

 

 

"Yoona ah!!"

 


Author's Note: I'm back with another chapter! Hopefully, you would not find the above chapter too exaggerating :X Anyways, just watched finished MAMA award ceremony today. All I can say is that, it's a little disappointing :/ Oh well~ At least SNSD won and Big Bang won something too! (: Till the next update~! Continue to love and support this story! <3