Childhood Sweethearts

Love Like This

C U R R E N T   S O N G

My Best Friend [SNSD]

 

I'm so stupid, I'm so stupid, I'm so stupid in love~

 

 

"Yoona ah..."

 

"Ahhhh. Oppa... Why are you calling at such an hour? You know I need my beauty sleep~" Yoona yawned as she search around to find her phone on the table. Just by two words, she already know who is the caller.

 

"Aishh~ You are already pretty enough. So, you don't require any more beauty sleep. The night is still young anyway! And, how many times must I tell you to stop using that ringtone? Who calls themselves stupid seriously." It was Ji Yong on the other line. Yoona smiled as she heard his voice.

 

"Yah yah. You call..." Yoona stretched her arm out for her clock and took a look at it. "2AM early?!!" She yawned over the phone. "I love this song. It describes how I feel any.... Mwuh? Jemkanmanyo! How do you know that I'm still using this ringtone?!! Don't tell me...." Yoona quickly turned around to look at the window.

 

"Took you long enough to notice that~" Ji Yong smirked as he was sitting by the window sill.

 

"Oppa!" Yoona's eyes immediately widen. "I told you not to climb through the window anymore! This is so dangerous! What if you fall and hurt yourself?" She pouted at Ji Yong.

 

"I'm always safe and sound anyway." Ji Yong got down from the window sill and brushed off the dust from his clothes. "And besides, the fact that your window is kept wide open and the tall tree outside your house is not removed, it is inviting me to sneak in." He grinned widely to Yoona's worried expression.

 

"I shall remember to lock my windows next time then."

 

"You always says that, but you never once did that~ You can't shut yourself off me."

 

"Aishh~ You're always so confident of yourself~" Yoona finally sighed in defeat. "Why are you finding me in the middle of the night?" Yoona rubbed her eyes tiredly. "Oh wait. The fact that you are here instead of outside with your girlfriend, tells me something..." Yoona know exactly what happen to Ji Yong.

 

"Well, that's why I say you are my best friend~ You're right. I've just broken off with MinYoung~" Ji Yong casually took a seat on Yoona's bed.

 

"Knew it~ You broke your record once again, Kwon Ji Yong. It's not even 2 weeks yet." Yoona brushed her fingers through her hair non-chalantly. She is used to this routine already.

 

"Come on. You know that she isn't the right one for me~"

 

"That's what you ALWAYS says."

 

"Chinjia. I just suffered a break up. Can you please kindly pity me here?" Ji Yong groaned.

 

"Well, but you don't look like you suffered~ You looked so jovial~" Yoona rubbed her eyes tiredly.

 

"Well, I'm hurting inside."

 

"Araso araso. You have my sympathy~ Come on. Get back home. There is still school tommorrow~ And my aunt is so gonna kill you if she found out that you are here at this hour~" Yoona laid down tiredly.

 

"Yah. Yoona ah!" Ji Yong groaned.

 

 

But there was no response already. He turned around and saw Yoona soundly asleep beside him. He couldn't help but let out a smile. She looked so gorgeous and innocent even when she is asleep... And this girl, is his best friend. None of the girls he had dated could be compared with her...

 

-----

 

Yoona was awoke by the sunlight that streamed into her room. She rubbed her bleary eyes and stretched herself tiredly. She looked around the room and broke into a smile. Ji Yong was nowhere to be seen and she was warmly covered in her blanket. Just like always. Whenever she fell asleep while listening to his grumblings, he will cover the blanket over her and left her in her dreamland. She got up and headed to the bathroom to wash herself up, getting ready for another day of school.

 

 

"Morning Aunt~" Yoona got down from the stairs in her school uniform.

 

 

There was no one in the dining table nor living room. Only herself and the maid. Yoona sighed. Just like any other days, her aunt had left for work already. Ever since she was 14, her parents passed away in a car accident, leaving her all alone. Since then, her aunt had been treating her like her own daughter, showering her with love and concern. Hence, despite losing both parents at a young age, Yoona was well-brought up by her aunt. She thanked her aunt for that and that she promised herself that she will study hard to compensate her aunt for whatever she had done for her.

 

 

"Kamsahaminda Maria~" Yoona smiled at her maid who poured her a glass of milk.

 

 

She began eating her breakfast while looking at her watch. Why wasn't Yuri here yet? She is always punctual. She is suppose to meet her here and together, they will walk to the school today. Just then, the doorbell rang. Yoona smiled and grabbed her bag, heading for the door.

 

 

"What took you so long!" Yoona pouted at her good friend.

 

"Wow. I didn't know that you had been anticipating me~" Instead of Yuri, it was Ji Yong who was standing by the door, smiling widely at her.

 

"Mwuh? Oppa! Why are you here?!" Yoona asked confusingly.

 

"Well, can't I come and fetch you to school?"

 

"Well, you can. But I promised Yul that I will walk with her to school already. So, I got to reject your offer~"

 

"Ha. Don't worry. She won't be here already~" Ji Yong smirked.

 

"Mwuh?"

 

"Cause, I told her I'll be coming to fetch you. So, she decided to head to school with Young Bae. They should be on the way to school already I guess. And I think we should be heading out now if you don't want to be late for school, model student~" Ji Yong smiled and pinched Yoona's nose.

 

"Oppa!" Yoona groaned. "Araso araso. Let's go~" Yoona sighed in defeat. Ji Yong is always creating some surprises for her. Sometimes, she wondered how could her heart adapt to such surprises everytime. "Maria, I'm heading off to school~!" Yoona shouted back into the house and closes the door behind her.

 

----

 

Yoona's POV:

 


"Eh? Aren't you driving to school today?" I raised my eyebrows in confusion as I saw him walking out of the gate, both hands in his pockets.

 

"I would like to walk with you to school today... Can I?"

 

"Sure~ But why do you came to fetch me to school today?" I fasten my pace for abit so as to catch up with him.

 

"Do I need to have a reason to walk my best friend to school?" He asked me.

 

 

Aishh~ I don't want to be your best friend only, Oppa... I want to be your GIRLFRIEND... Can I?

 

 

"Mwuh? What are you mumbling about?" He snapped me out of my thoughts.

 

"A...Anniyo!" I was startled. Luckily, he didn't hear what I was saying. "I mean, you must be fetching me to school because there is no girlfriends to enter the schoolgate with you today~ You're just using me as a replacement~" I joked.

 

"Yah. I'm not and I won't ever do that alrights. You are never a replacement in my eyes. Araso?" He suddenly became serious as he looked at me. He always hated me to say that I'm a replacement of all his girlfriends. He takes this very seriously. I wonder why... But then again, this seems to make me more special in his heart... I'll be contented just being by your side, Kwon Ji Yong....

 

"Araso araso... Mianhae..." I smiled at him brightly, showing him my puppy face. "Forgive me please?"

 

"Aishh~ You know I always have a weak spot for this!!" He groaned in defeat. Right. He is afraid of me whinning and my puppy face. He always says that it will make his heart stop beating.

 

"Ha! Come on! We are going to be late for school already! Bbali! Let's run to the school gate! The loser will have to treat the winner icecream!" I laughed as I started running off.

 

"Yah! Here you go again! This is cheating, Im Yoona!" He finally chuckled as he chased after me.

 

-----

 

"Yul~!!" I ran all the way to the school gate and met Yul and Young Bae Oppa.

 

"Yoong~!!" Yul waved happily to me.

 

"Yoona~ I guess... Another bet with Ji Yong again?" Young Bae Oppa chuckled as he see me panting. "Dude, I told you to train your stamina with me already~ You had been losing to Yoona every single time~" He chuckled as Ji Yong Oppa finally caught up behind me, panting away.

 

"Yah..Yah... I don't always lose alrights... It's just that... I always let her... her win...." Ji Yong Oppa panted.

 

"Oppa! An icecream during lunch alrights! Let's go Yul~!" I laughed as I linked arms with Yul, heading towards our class. "Annyeong! Young Bae Oppa!"

 

-----

 

"See you later, Hun~" Yuri planted a quick kiss on Young Bae's cheeks before linking arms with Yoona.

 

"See you at lunch. Love you~" Young Bae gave her a quick hug. "Annyeong Yoona!" He waved and smiled warmly at Yoona.

 

"Yah Yah. Stop looking already. Seriously, you are lovesick." Ji Yong groaned as he look at Young Bae's expression.

 

"Mwuh? Look who is talking. I bet you're the one that is lovesick. Always changing girlfriends like changing some clothes. Come on, let's get to class already~ I can't wait for lunchtime already~" Young Bae wrapped his arms playfully around Ji Yong and headed to the class with him.

 

-----

 

"Yoong~!! Bbali!" The school bell rang and Yuri quickly rushed Yoona to pack her bag.

 

"Aishh~ Yul! Be patient! A few hours of not seeing your boyfriend won't kill you~" Yoona teases her. The fact is that Young Bae and Yuri had been couple for half a year already. It takes Young Bae, the shy boy, lots of courage to confess to Yuri and Yuri really treasured this relationship alot. She believed that Young Bae will be her final one and she doesn't want to lose him.

 

"Yah. It's not for my sake only alrights! It's also for your sake. You get to see Ji Yong Oppa too!" Yuri shouted. Only Yuri knows that Yoona likes Ji Yong more than just a friend. Yoona trusted her and decided to let her into the secret. They never hide anythings from each other anyway. But Yuri swore to keep this secret till she dies. Even Young Bae doesn't know about this. It is a secret between the both girls.

 

"Yah! Shhhh!" Yoona immediately cover Yuri's mouth. "Luckily there is no one around!" Yoona let out a loud whisper.

 

"Hahaha... Mianhae~" Yuri laughed. "Well, if you want me to stop sprouting nonsense, then bbali!"

 

"Chinjia. Kwon Yuri. Is this how you treat your good friend?" Yoona pouted. "I bet Young Bae Oppa now ranks above me."

 

"Ahhh. Is my Yoong jealous? Come on, no one can ever replace you, Im Yoona~" Yuri laughed as she put her arms around Yoona's playfully.

 

"Araso araso. Enough of such sweet talkings. I'm done. Let's go~" Yoona grabbed her bag and headed towards the cafeteria where the boys are waiting for them.

 

-----

 

"What's going on there?" As Yuri and Yoona headed towards the school cafeteria, they witness a commotion near the guys' toilet. At a closer look, there was a group of boys surrounding a bi-spectacled guy.

 

"Aishh~ It must be Changmin and the guys again~" Yoona sighed as she walked with Yuri.

 

"Come on, it's none of our business. Let's just go. You know Changmin isn't a nice chap. And besides, he had been trying to court you ever since you were young but you always end up rejecting him. God knows what he might do to you." Yuri tried to pull Yoona away.

 

"Anniyo. I can't just let an innocent guy getting bullied by all of them. You just head to the cafeteria first alrights? I will be right there." Yoona ignored Yuri's advice and headed off angrily. 

 

"Yoong!!"

 

-----

 

Seung Hyun's POV

 

"Hey GEEKY boy! How are you doing today with you and your SCIENTIFIC book?" Changmin laughed as he and his gang surrounded me again. Aishh~ I know I'm doom again...

 

"I...I... I'm doing fine..."

 

"Hey guys! Our GEEKY Seung Hyun says that he is fine~ Shall we add some COLOURS to his life today? I'm kinda bored~" Changmin pretend to yawn as he wrapped his arms tightly around my shoulder, causing me to cough.

 

"Awww... Poor boy... He is coughing so badly!!" His friend, Yunho, chuckled evily. "GWENCHANAYO SEUNGHYUN-SHHI?" He ruffled my hair playfully.

 

"Gw...Gwenchanayo..." I'm scared... But, I'm used to it anyway... My life has always been like that. Getting bullied by everyone that sees me.... I have learnt to accept my fate already.

 

"I don't think so~ I think you need to drink some water? Come on~" One of their gang member, Yoochun, started approaching me with a waterbottle. You must be wondering why would am I so familiar with their names right? That's because, I'm their number one target to bully. Choi Seung Hyun. That's me. And they are the biggest bully in the school. Me? It's easy to see isn't it? I'm a nobody.

 

"Ann..Anniyo.. I'm.. I'm fine..." I tried to reject their 'kind' offer. 

 

"Mwuh? You're rejecting our kind offer? HOW COULD YOU?!!" Changmin got angry and started to force the water into my mouth while his other friends pinned me down, not allowing me to move. I struggled. Like always.

 

"Yah! STOP IT!" But this isn't like any other days... Someone shouted... Is my lucky day finally here?

 

---- 

 

The moment I got nearer to them, I saw Changmin trying to force water into the guy's mouth while Yunho and the others pinned him down.

 

 

Of course, basic instinct. I shouted first.

 

 

"Yah! STOP IT!"

 

 

That seems to have do the job. All of them turned to look at me. Changmin gave me a smile. Girls think that his smile is charming. But to me, his smile gives me sick in the stomach. I stormed towards them.

 

 

"Annyeong Yoona~"

 

"What are you doing?" I folded my arms across my chest, glaring at him. Though he is of a much bigger build than me, I tried to hide my fear.

 

"Well, I'm just having some fun with this guy here~" He smirked. His smirk is totally unlike Ji Yong Oppa's. His just gets on my nerves at no ends.

 

"I don't see that he is having fun."

 

"Come on Yoona~ I'm just trying to find some fun here because you refused to have some fun with me~" He groaned as he touched my face.

 

"Yah! Take your dirty hands off me!" I shouted angrily and gave him a tight slap. Oh no....

 

"IM YOONA! DON'T YOU GET OVERBOARD!!!" Oh no. He was fuming mad. He was about to slap me but was stopped by his other friends.

 

"Hyung! Calm down!" They caught hold of him.

 

"I won't apologise for slapping you. And, THIS is my friend. So, don't you dare to lay a finger on him from now onwards. If not, I won't let you off. If I don't let you off, Ji Yong Oppa isn't going to let you off too." I glared angrily back at him. I knew I had to mention Ji Yong Oppa as the only person in the school that can outwin his charm is Ji Yong Oppa. And besides, he is only afraid of Ji Yong Oppa in the school. However, thought they are enemies, their parents are business partners. An irony isn't it?

 

"Now, step aside." I pushed them away and walked towards the bi-spectacled guy. Opps. Pardon me for saying this. But, I know why he is being bullied already. He looked so.... Er... To put it in a nicer way, he is an easy target to bully. His specs are kind of broken and that he was wearing a hoodie with a pair of jeans, while his books are sprawled all over the floor. I grabbed hold of his arms and walked off, not turning back. I swear my legs are so wobbly that I could crumble. I was so afraid that they will follow me. Luckily, they didn't. If not, a girl like me, can't outwin them.

 

 

-----

 

"Gwenchanayo?" The girl brought me to the school garden and finally stopped as she looked at me.

 

 

I wanted to say that I'm fine. But then, nothing came out of my mouth. Though my specs were broken and my vision is blurred, I'm so sure that the girl in front of me is Im Yoona. The most popular and gorgeous girl in Seoul High School. The first person that ever dared to stand up against Changmin and his gang to save a nobody like me. Am I dreaming? Or am I already in heaven, since perhaps, I'm killed by Changmin already?

 

 


Well, First Chapter is up! Sorry it wasn't that well done because I'm kind of have a writer's block today! >< A brief introduction of Ji Yong, Yoona and Seung Hyun(: Don't worry about Seung Hyun being a geek. It's only a temporarily thing. He won't lose his charisma. xD No worries. Stay tuned to see how this story progress! Comments and subscribers are loved! :D