16

Drive Me to Busan

Minhyun always looked forward to when the day’s schedules were over because only then did he have the possibility of being alone with Aron.

Being alone with Aron usually led to kissing, which Minhyun enjoyed more than he would like to admit. At the beginning, kissing felt out of the ordinary and blissfully exotic. A few weeks passed and Minhyun grew used to it. It became so common that they both automatically leaned in to kiss as soon as they were alone.

Even though kissing happened often, Minhyun still reported to Sihyun every single time. Minhyun really needed someone besides Aron to talk about Aron. Sihyun just happened to be the only one that knew of the fact they were dating.

“You should take it to the next level,” Sihyun suggested over the phone one day, “now that you’re comfortable with kissing and all.”

“I definitely am not ready for more…”

“I wasn’t talking about anything ual,” Sihyun said, “I was talking about letting him know how you really feel about him.”

“How do I really feel about him?”

“Why are you asking me about how you feel? I should be asking you. Actually, do tell. How do you feel about him?”

Minhyun knew that his feelings had definitely progressed since they first started dating. He knew he really liked Aron. He knew he was definitely imagining a future with him. He also knew that every time he listened to love songs, he thought of Aron.

He felt stupid for not realizing it earlier. He had expected some kind of spiritual epiphany to come to him when he realized he was in love, but no such epiphany came; yet Minhyun knew that he definitely had feelings for Aron.

Whether or not Minhyun always had these feelings or whether they had gradually developed over the course of their relationship as lovers, Minhyun didn’t know. Minhyun actually thought the former was true, and that his judgment had been clouded by the merit that his conservatism attached to heterouality.

“I love him,” Minhyun finally admitted to Sihyun.

“Then tell him.”

“I will.”

“And tell Baekho that I love him while you’re at it.”

Minhyun chuckled, “I will.”

Just then, Aron entered the room as well.

“I have to go now, Sihyun. Aron’s here.”

“Good luck,” Sihyun said.

“Bye!” Minhyun hung up the call.

“Who was that?” Aron asked before leaning in to kiss Minhyun’s lips.

“Sihyun,” Minhyun answered after the kiss.

“You’re talking to him a lot nowadays aren’t you? I’m afraid he’s stealing you away from me.”

“Actually, he likes Baekho. Do you think Baekho could ever be interested?”

“I think Baekho’s the kind of guy that would love to try new things. You should ask him. It’s not as far-fetched as you’d think.”

Minhyun nodded and then said, “hyung, I have to tell you something really important that I should have told you long ago.”

“What?” Aron asked nervously.

“I don’t know how it happened or when it happened or whether it developed recently or whether it’s always been there… I don’t know why I took so long to tell you or why I’m even nervous right now. Maybe it’s because I feel guilty for taking so long…”

“Minhyun,” Aron interrupted, both amused and impatient, “just tell me what it is.”

“I love you… too,” Minhyun admitted with a shrug.

----

A/N: OKAY so I have made the decision to end this story here. So abrupt, I know.

I kind of lost the inspiration I had for this story somewhere in the middle so it was no longer fun to write but I persevered until I reached some sort of resolution, and this was it. Hope you kind of enjoyed it despite the fact it was lacking in so many areas.

I had actually planned to have this whole twist with Baekho involved but decided against it because mehhh this story isn’t worth expanding :P Anyways, thanks for sticking through until the end. I know it must have been a drag sometimes

And also idk if I’ll be writing anymore fanfiction. I might if I the urge is overwhelming enough, but I feel like I need to get my life together and focus on other life commitments beyond NU’EST :P.

Anyways, to all of my frequent readers, thanks for all the support. I LOVE YOU~ :)

Bye byez <3