Chapter 8

Sweet & Sour (Hiatus)

A week has passed since Hyukjae had given Donghae the tour. As stated, the two friends visited the Silver Moon café over the weekend and occasionally take walks to parks and just simply talk about each others' lives after school. Donghae soon discovered that Sungmin and Kyuhyun also went to Seoul High School, too. Hyukjae noticed that he had been thinking about Donghae a lot lately, and when they weren't in the same periods or together at all, he never realized how much his productivity level dropped until now. He didn't really think he was developing feeling in that sort of 'manner', but he had some sort of feeling towards Donghae, and he couldn't decide what kind of feelings.

When it was lunchtime, Hyukjae and Donghae ate together as usual, along with some of Hyukjae's friends. Donghae didn't really talk much. Donghae just sat quietly, smiling at stories he thought were funny and adding some commentary of his own from here and then. Sungmin and Kyuhyun had joined their clique a few days ago, not to mention Zhou Mi and two girls named Victoria and Amber.

"Hey Donghae," Amber curiously asked, "How come you never talk that much?"

"That's rude, Amber." Victoria said, elbowing Amber in the arm.

"Hey, I'm just wonderin'. He's always so quiet."

"Maybe because someone here talks too much." Kyuhyun mocked.

"Shut up, you talk just as much as I do." Amber pointed out.

"But I'm not as loud."

"Well if we can't make the environment comfortable and fun, how is Donghae going to adapt?"

"He can adapt in a subtle way, no one wants to be in a wild baboon's habitat."

"No one wants to be in a sloth’s habitat, either." Amber back lashed, sticking her tongue out. Kyuhyun stuck his tongue out, too.

Sungmin held Kyuhyun's hand and caressed it, hinting for him to calm down. Victoria pinched Amber on the thigh because she was talking with food in .

As the two had their mini dispute, Hyukjae added a comment of his own.

"I think Donghae talks a lot. You just need to listen to him."

Everyone looked at Hyukjae, everyone, except for Donghae, who ate his rice casually.

"Well," Kyuhyun started. "Since Donghae seems to talk to you a lot, what does he usually say or talk about?"

"A lot of things actually. He talks about places he wants to visit, the people he wants to meet, the things he wants to accomplish, movies, books, music, his family, food..." Hyukjae went on and on listing all the things Fishy has talked about with him. Finally, when the list seemed to be taking an eternity, Zhou Mi stopped Hyukjae from continuing on.

"I guess Donghae talks a lot more than we thought."

"I talk a lot when I'm comfortable." Donghae suddenly popped in to the conversation.

"Does that mean you're not comfortable with us?" Sungmin asked, feeling a bit offended.

"N-no! Of course I am. I wouldn't be talking at all if I wasn't, let alone sitting with you guys if I wasn't. It's just that..."

"What? Hyukjae's special?" Kyuhyun teased. He knew he had hit the jackpot when Donghae panicked and Hyukjae suddenly tried to defend Donghae.

"We're just closer, that's why he talks more to me. Plus, I'm nicer." Hyukjae said.

"Pssh, nicer?! Killing my pet fish doesn't make you nicer. It makes you a murderer." Kyuhyun added, bringing back the sad memories of his pet gold fish.

"You killed his pet fish?" Donghae whispered, feeling sad. He looked at Hyukjae with his round eyes demanding for an explanation.

"I-It was an accident! It wasn't intentionally, I swear!" Hyukjae tried to defend himself but Kyuhyun went on, grieving for his poor gold fish.

"Mr. Fishy was only 2 years old," Kyuhyun grabbed his heart, pretending he was still in pain from those memories of Mr. Fishy’s last moments "Until some clumsy monkey came and knocked the fish bowl off the table stand like an idiot who was having a seizer."

"How could you, Hyukjae..." Donghae said in a low voice, his heart feeling sympathetic toward Kyuhyun and Mr. Fishy.

"I stepped on a freakin' pin! I was hurt!"

"You didn't have to kill Mr. Fishy though." Sungmin joined in, putting his hand on his lover's thigh.

"You weren't even there!" Hyukjae exclaimed

"Doesn't matter, you killed Mr. Fishy." Kyuhyun sassed.

"Even I feel bad for that fish." Amber commented as she looked at Hyukjae.

"I met that fish once..." Zhou Mi added.

"I never got to meet him." Donghae said in a sad tone.

"It's okay Donghae, I never did either." Victoria stated, patting Donghae on the back.

"Guys! It. Was. An. Accident!" Hyukjae kept on repeating that he was sorry and he that didn't mean to do it. He actually started to feel guilty as he said them more.

"It's okay, Hyukjae. I forgive you." Kyuhyun wiped a fake tear from his eye and added, "Let's have a moment of silence for  Mr. Fishy, please." Everyone at the table went dead silent. A few seconds went by until Hyukjae interrupted the silence feeling dumbfounded.

"Why do I feel like I'm the victim here?"

 

 

 

Yes, a random chapter at the lunch table! I wanted to show more of the characters so I can use them in later plots. Also, I'm going to add more characters, like Shinee and f(x). All the members of SJ will definitely be in this story, so yeah. You guys probably don't understand why I put the title "Sweet & Sour" but I'll try to give hints and answers as to why I named the story with that title.Thank you~