Chapter 18

Sweet & Sour (Hiatus)

“You got the tickets?! How?” Donghae cried over the phone with Hyukjae. His heart was bouncing up and down and his body likewise was doing the same thing. His boyfriend actually did it. He succeeded  without doing anything illegal.

“I have connections.” Hyukjae bragged. “You know, like Amber.”

“Of course.” Donghae laughed. He should’ve known.

“So I’ll be over at your house tomorrow at 3 to pick you and Henry up.”

“Sounds great, see you then.”

“You too, muah~” Hyukjae kissed through the phone.

Donghae kissed back and that initiated a kissing war between the two of them. Five minutes had passed until they finally decided that it was time to hang up. Donghae succeeded in getting the last kiss though.

As Donghae set the phone down on his bed, he released a happy sigh. Positioning himself flat on his back, he tucked the palm of his hands under his head and pondered on what tomorrow would be like. Excitement danced in his heart and he could already imagine the happiness that would be expressed through Henry’s face in less than 24 hours. All he had to do now is wait until the time came.


Donghae slept like a little puppy. Only slightly conscious, he rolled onto his back and stayed in that position for about 25 minutes until Henry barged in and pounced on the bed like a wild lion.

“Donghae!! Guess what!!” Henry exclaimed, barely able to contain his excitement in his still growing body.

Donghae woke up with a startle and snort. “Huh? What? Did you burn something?”

Henry shook his head rapidly and grabbed Donghae by the shoulders as he sat on top of the latter’s stomach and shook him vigorously. “October 11th! October 11th! I’m 15 now!!”

Switching from slightly conscious to a dizzy state, Donghae flung himself up and wrapped his arms around Henry’s waist and brought him down beside him on the bed. They were now both lying on their sides, half snuggling together. Even though Henry knew that his Hyung still had the desire to sleep, he was persistent on getting him up.

“Hyuuuung~” Henry whined. “It’s 2 in the afternoon already. I’m hungry and you’re probably not going to let me cook anyway...”

“10 more minutes.” Donghae begged in a raspy voice.

“Nooooo Hyuuuung, noooooow…!”

“9 more minutes?”

“I’ll die by then, Donghae, wake uuuuuup…!” The younger persevered.

“Hyukjae isn’t even going to come until 3. We have plenty of time…” At that moment, Donghae’s eyes shot wide open. “Oops.” He had let the cat out of the bag.

“Why would Hyukjae come at 3?” Henry wondered.

“Uhhh… You’ll see.”

“Well then, come on! Wake up, let’s get ready at least if he’s coming!” Henry urged. He began to squirm out of the bed, only to receive an even tighter embrace from his brother to keep him in place. After a while he finally gave up.

“Fine, 10 more minutes, but you better be up after that or I’m going to start cooking.”

With a smile, Donghae pulled his blanket up to cover the both of them. He woke up at exactly 10 minutes after.


 

When the doorbell rang, the brothers fiercely raced towards the door, seeing who would get to it first. It was like a stampede, but only with two people.

Donghae made it first and opened the door. Henry arrived seconds later and slipped under Donghae’s arm, which was holding the door, to get in front.

At first, they only saw Hyukjae, but then the realized that there was another person standing beside him, someone much taller, and fashionable.

“Zhou Mi!!!!” Henry cried, launching himself towards the elder. He gave him a hug and looked up from his short height compared to the other. “What are you doing here?”

“Why wouldn’t I be here, birthday boy?”

A big, childlike smile plastered on Mochi’s face. They looked at each other as if time all stop all around them.

Meanwhile, Donghae and Hyukjae just watched the adorable scene. Their eyes met and Hyukjae broke the silence. “Did you guys eat yet?”

“We just finished.” Donghae replied.

“Good, then let’s get going.”

“Going where?” Henry chimed in, still wondering what was going on.

“To celebrate 15 years of you being alive, silly.” Zhou Mi smiled.

Donghae looked at Zhou Mi and then at Henry, and then at Zhou Mi again. He then grabbed his coat, phone, and keys, and headed to the car, where everyone else followed.


 

The festival was booming with noise and life. People of all ages joined together to celebrate the beauty and thrill of music from all over South Korea. Special Stages, singing stands, instrument stands, food stands, and musical guests were the major topics that were being discussed among the thousands of people.

“A music festival! I can’t believe I’m actually at a music festival!” Henry shouted happily as he pranced around the dozens of people still waiting to get in.

“Hey, don’t get lost, okay?” Donghae warned, holding onto one of Henry’s hand.

“Yeah, don’t wander off.” Zhou Mi added, holding the other hand of Henry’s.

Henry pouted. “Guys, I look like a baby in the middle of you two. I can at least walk around without having to hold anyone’s hand.”

“He’s right. Today, he’s 15. We should at least give him the respect of treating him like a 15 year old.” Hyukjae mentioned.

“Yeah! I’m a big boy!” Henry announced.

“Well if you say it like that, it’s going to be tough treating you like a 15 year old, isn’t it?” Donghae teased, pinching his little brother’s cheek.

After they got in, they all took a moment to absorb the energy and the atmosphere. It was totally amazing. Bands were having live concerts and even crowd surfing. TV cameras swarmed around the famous singers and some where even just local singers that did singing gigs downtown or elsewhere. Musicians were also gaining attention as they magically released the sounds of their instruments.

Hyukjae quickly grabbed a pamphlet and scanned the activities and events they could possible join or watch. The rest of the group gathered around him.

“Hey! R & Y are performing tonight!” Zhou Mi exclaimed in surprise.

“Isn’t R & Y that really famous duo?” Donghae tried to clarify.

“No way, they’re here?! And they’re going to perform!?!” Henry instantly started jumping up and down and ran in circles. His body looked like it was having a from all the energy that was being emitted from their surroundings and the fact that he was going to see his favorite singers/musicians of all time. “This is so awesome!! I might actually get to meet R & Y!! Yewook!! Ryeowook and Yesung!! They’re actually heeeeeeere!!!”

Zhou Mi joined Henry and they looked like two idiots making an entertainment act of their own.

“They don’t perform until 7, so we have lots of time to watch and do other things. C’mon.” Hyukjae ordered, leading the group.

He held his boyfriend’s hand and checked back to see if the two fan boys were still following them. As he did so, he heard a familiar person call his name.

“Yoo Hoo! Hyukjae! Over here!”

Hyukjae didn’t dare to turn his head towards the direction of the voice. Instead, he thought of getting lost in the crowd with Donghae and the others – hopefully Zhou Mi and Henry would still being following them – to avoid that particular person who owned that voice.

Sadly, it was too late. The voice had already caught up with them and it forced Hyukjae to turn around.

“Aw, you’re hurting my feelings, Hyukjae. Don’t run away from your Hyung like that.” Heechul faked his sadness with a baby pout.

“What are you talking about? I didn’t hear you, that’s all.” Hyukjae lied.

Standing next to Heechul was Hangeng, who was in all black, but still stylish. He had a grin on his face as him and his lover were linking arms like a married couple.

“I took your advice and now Hannie and I are on a date.” Heechul said while he snugged his head onto Hangeng’s shoulder. Hangeng kissed the top of Heechul’s head and they were just lovey-dovey all over.

Passing bystanders watched awkwardly at the gay couple, but the couple themselves didn’t care. They’ve been together for too long to worry about how anyone else thinks of them. Something Hyukjae envied.

“I see you’ve used all four of those tickets I’ve given you.” Heechul brought up.

Donghae was confused. “Wait, I thought Amber gave you those, Hyukjae?”

“Well, you see-”

Heechul was about to explain, but Hyukjae was quick to interrupt.

“Yeah, well, I asked her, but then it’s a long story and I ended up having to ask Heechul, but everything worked out in the end and there was no harm done.” A deadly glare was shot at Heechul from Hyukjae. It was a threat to keep his mouth shut. Heechul just smiled, no, smirked.

“Yes, no harm done.” Heechul repeated, knowing that only he and his cousin were the only ones who knew of the ‘true’ harm that will be done soon enough.

“Is it me of is it getting a bit chilly out here?” Henry said.

“I feel a bit chilly too.” Zhou Mi agreed.

Both the innocent couple and Fishy were oblivious towards the tension that was being created between the two relatives. However, that was just the beginning.

“Heechul? Hyukjae? What the hell are you two doing here?”

Everyone turned and there walking towards them were none other than the amazingly expressive and gay couple Kyuhyun and Sungmin.

“I could say the same towards you.” Hyukjae retorted.

“Well isn’t this a lovely family reunion?” Heechul uttered with a hint of darkness.

 

Gahhh! I'm sorry! It's been like forever since I've posted a chapter for this fanfic! But finally, it's here! Chapter 18! And ta da! Yewook is introduced! The cousins meet up unexpectedly - Hyukjae, Heechul, and Kyuhyun - and there are just so many couples!! Kyaaaa! Thank you~