Chapter 6

Sweet & Sour (Hiatus)

As Hyukjae drove down each street, Donghae couldn't help but look out the window in astonishment. There were many different stores and bright lights. There were also many advertisements for sure.

"Enjoying the scenery?" Hyukjae spoke out.

"Huh? Oh. Yeah..."

"I was like that too when I first came to Seoul."

Donghae looked at Hyukjae surprised.

"You mean you weren't born here?"

Hyukjae shook his head, "Nope. Oh look, we're here."

Donghae wanted to ask him more questions. He was curious to know more about his new friend, but he just had to save it for another time. They both exited the vehicle and Hyukjae lead the way, down the street. He soon stopped and turned around to face the younger male.


"Welcome to the Silver Moon Café!" He exclaimed, "I visit this place frequently and it's one of the most popular cafés in Seoul." Hyukjae held the door open for Donghae to enter and the scent of fresh bakes pastries and coffee swept him away in an instant. The sweet aroma made him feel high for some reason, but it was a smell you could easily get addicted to. The decor and tile were very neat and the place was booming with people. Popular music played as customers danced in their seats to the ambiguous lyrics and the waiters elegantly moved from table to table delivering each order. It was so lively and high spirited that it made Donghae want to dance too.

"Wow." Donghae said, amazed.

"Looks awesome, right? If you want, we can come visit this place together on weekends."

Donghae just nodded because he was literally speechless and the latter shoved his hands into his pants pockets. This place never gets old. Everybody looked like they were having a good time, not a single frown was spotted. Hyukjae nudged Donghae with his shoulder and used his head to gesture where to go by swaying it towards an empty table which was labeled with a 6 on it.

They both sat down across from each other and grabbed menus.

"Don't order too much, I still have another place to show you and I don't want you ruining your appetite before we get there." Hyukjae warned.

Like an obedient child, Donghae nodded and only ordered pink lemonade and a muffin. Hyukjae ordered a strawberry milkshake and some macarons. After they had ordered, Donghae thought he was hallucinating because he could've swore he saw a pink bunny hopping around with a tray in its paws. As it came closer, Donghae was relieved to see that the bunny had human characteristics and knew how to speak Korean.

"Hyukjae-shi!" It hollered, "It's been a long time hasn't it?" The pink bunny boy came running towards Hyukjae and hugged him. "I missed you so much! You haven't been visiting us lately and I've been worried!" "Su...ng...min...ca...n't... brea...the..." Just then another unfamiliar voice came hollering at them.

"Sungmin! What are you doing?! You're not supposed to be suffocating customers!" A tall man with wavy brown hair and faint scares on his face came running to the scene that Sungmin and Hyukjae were causing. He pulled Sungmin off of the poor, skinny boy who was gasping for air and turning purple. "Oh, it's you." The man scowled. "I didn't hug him that hard." Sungmin pouted. "The boy doesn't have any meat on his bones, of course it wouldn't take that much to crush him." 

"Yah! I'm not that skinny!"

"Anchovy." The taller man teased.

"Scar boy." Hyukjae countered.

"Oh? And who is this Hyukjae? I see you've brought a friend." the tall man said as he noticed and walked towards Donghae, placed his finger under the Fishy's chin. Sungmin slapped the man's hand and glared at the taller. The taller man smirked and d one of Sungmin's cheeks. Sungmin gasped and blushed since they were both in public. "Kyuhyun, not here..." he whispered.

"And why not? I want to show everyone that you're mine..." Kyuhyun challenged. Donghae blushed at the scene that was all playing in front of him. Are they a couple?

"Yah! You guys! Not in front of us!"

Sungmin blushed, "Sorry," he focused his attention back to Donghae, "It's nice to meet you, my name is Lee Sungmin, and a friend of Hyukjae's is a friend of mine!" Kyuhyun introduced himself next, "My name is Cho Kyuhyun, nice to meet you." The couple both bowed. Donghae stood up and introduced himself too and then bowed.

"This guy is quite the eye candy, where did meet this boy from?" Sungmin asked.

"He's a new student at my school and he's new to Seoul. I figured that I should show him a few good places to eat and hangout at to help him adapt."

"Well, Donghae," Sungmin said leaning forward with his hands on the table and his sticking out. "Come by anytime, we'll be happy to serve you," Sungmin then leaned in closer to whisper into Donghae's ear, "And make sure Hyukjae behaves." Donghae didn't understand what that meant, but Sungmin winked at him.

What's up with everyone winking at me?!

"Alright, Sungmin. That's enough playing around, time to get back to work." Kyuhyun slapped Sungmin's nonchalantly and went back to work. Sungmin smiled and waved goodbye as he resumed serving tables.

Donghae and Hyukjae were now left to finish their food. They continued to eat and Hyukjae noticed Donghae looking at his macarons. "Here," he said, "Have a macaron, they're delicious." Donghae looked at it curiously and ate a piece from Hyukjae's hand. He smiled from delight. The crunchy outside and the soft, creamy insides made him yearn for more. Hyukjae laughed at how much Donghae was enjoying the macarons and gave Donghae two more.

"Thank you." Donghae said as he devoured the other two macarons with the same cheesy smile. Hyukjae watched with satisfaction at the younger and chuckled.

After they both finished their small snacks, Hyukjae paid for the meal and they headed out of the café.

"Now where are we going?" Donghae said skipping happily. He noticed his embarrassing actions and stopped immediately.

"Next is another one of my favorite places to visit. It's a nice restaurant with great quality and healthy food and it's cheap too, so that's what makes the place great. We can walk there since it's not too far from the café."

The two friends started walking and Donghae had never felt so close to a person in such a short amount of time in his life.

 

 

 

Kyumin appears! Yay~ Their last part of the tour will be the next chapter and I plan for more bonding between Eunhae of course. I've always wanted to try a macaron, but sadly, Donghae and Hyukjae are enjoying them without me T_T. Haha, Thank you!~