Chapter 7

Sweet & Sour (Hiatus)

They entered a restaurant called The Sapphire Dragon, the one Hyukjae mentioned and Donghae instantly found the smell of food in the air pleasant. He was still hungry and the sun was setting. His mouth watered for something fishy - something that had to do with the sea. He wanted to eat some seafood and it sure smelled like they had it.

"Hyuuuuuuuuukjae!" An unknown man cried out. He ran towards the said target and gave a big, suffocating hug, "Still as monkey-looking as ever!" The older man, who had an oddly beautiful face, wrapped one arm around Hyukjae's neck and pulled his ear with the other arm,

"Oww, oww! Hyung, stop that hurts!"

"Why are your ears turning red for?" The man purposely asked.

"Because you're pinching them!" Hyukjae cried.

"I'm only pinching one ear, but both of your ears are red. Are you embarrassed because I'm doing this in front of your friend?" A smirk appeared on the pretty man's face. He looked towards Donghae who gulped. The unknown man walked towards Donghae and looked down at the innocent boy. He placed a hand on his cheek and got really close. "What's your name?" He asked seductively. Donghae looked away shyly. The man's eyes had a certain dark stare. He felt like he would fall under a spell if he looked into it for too long.

"Hyung, stop making him feel awkward!" Hyukjae shouted while prying the older male away from Donghae.

"Aww, c'mon. Can't show your cousin your friend?"

"No, 'cause I know you're going to ually harass him - now let's go sit down at a table." Hyukjae dragged Donghae to a table in the corner and when he looked back, he saw the older male smile. They both sat down and Hyukjae immediately spoke up.

"Sorry about my cousin, his name is Heechul. He just likes messing with people, don't take him too seriously." He grabbed the menus and gave one to Donghae.

There was a diverse variety of foods they could choose from and the pictures looked delicious. Donghae read all of the names but he had no idea what he wanted to pick. There were many different types of seafood dishes, but in the end, he decided by choosing the one that was the cheapest. They gave their orders to the waiter, but the same waiter didn't come back to give them their food. It was Heechul, back and ready to tease Hyukjae some more. Heechul placed the platters neatly and gently on the table and bowed. He smiled at Donghae and introduced himself "My name is Kim Heechul, it's a pleasure to meet you. I'm also Hyukjae's older cousin." Donghae also introduced himself but he wondered if it was the same Heechul who was acting eccentric a second ago.

Suddenly, Heechul's smile turned into a smirk. "Now that the introduction is over, why don't I sit with you guys?" There was a tone in his voice that told them to be prepared otherwise for what he was going to do or say next.

"Actually, Heechul, why don't you get back to work?" Hyukjae said coldly.

"Actually, I'm your Hyung, so you're supposed to be calling me that, Monkey." Heechul teased.

"Actually, we're the customers and you're the employee, that means you have to be nice to us since it's part of your job."

"Actually, you're my cousin so I don't have to be nice to you, specifically."

"Actually, if I don't like the way you serve us, then I'll report to your boss and you're going to get in trouble."

"Actually, he's got better things to do than to listen to some random Monkey talking nonsense."

"Is this your guys' way of getting along?" Donghae interrupted awkwardly but curious.

The two idiots focused their attention back to reality and saw that Donghae so happened to be in the middle of those two bickering. He sat there with big innocent eyes. Heechul placed an arm around the younger boy's shoulder and pinched his cheek.

"Aigoo, this boy is adorable! Are you his boyfriend?"

"What?! No!" Hyukjae said getting worked up for some reason. Donghae blushed from the misunderstanding, "N-n-n-n-n-no!" He stuttered.

"Why so worked up guys?" Heechul said with his famous smirk.

"Hyung! Leave!"  Hyukjae demanded. Sadly, Heechul ignored Hyukjae. Heechul grabbed a fork and poked it into a shrimp and fed it to Donghae. He crossed his legs and kept his arm around Donghae's shoulder, who didn't seem to mind the skinship.

"How does it taste?"

"It tastes amazing!" Donghae replied rather cutely.

Heechul giggled at the boy's cute reaction, "My boyfriend is the main chief here. He's working in the kitchen right now. You can meet him later if you guys stay." Donghae nodded and grabbed the fork from Heechul and started to devour the food. The tastes blend well with each other and each bite had a burst of flavor. Hyukjae on the other hand sat silently. He looked frustrated since Heechul was sitting intimately close with Donghae but he smiled in the inside knowing that Donghae was happy.

After they had finished eating, it was about closing time. Donghae didn't finish all of his food because he wanted Henry and his mom to enjoy some of it, too. He packed the leftovers away as the tables were being cleaned and set again and Heechul was changing back into his casual attires along with the rest of the staff. Hyukjae and Donghae waited for Heechul outside. Heechul came out with a tall man that looked a bit foreign and they reunited.

"This is my boyfriend Hangeng, he's from China and he's studying culinary arts in Korea." Heechul said as Hangeng bowed.

"Annyeonghaseyo, my name is Hangeng. Nice to meet you." Hangeng spoke with a bit of an accent but it was understandable. At least he didn't speak in a dialect like Donghae. Donghae returned the introduction and the four were set walking together and talking. When they got to a two way split road, Hangeng announced that he had to take the opposite turn from the rest of the group and they said their 'Goodbyes' while Heechul kissed him. The kiss then turned into something more heated and fierce.

"You know what, you guys go ahead, I'm going to go home with Hangeng," Heechul declared, "Come to the restaurant anytime Donghae." They waved goodbye and now Donghae and Hyukjae were alone.

"Did you have fun?" Hyukjae asked.

"The people we met were interesting, but I had a lot of fun though." Donghae really meant every word and Hyukjae nodded, satisfied with the answer.

Both of them entered the car and on the drive back to their neighborhood, they talked about their hobbies and what they wanted to be as a profession.

"By the way, Hyukjae?" Donghae asked, a question suddenly popping up in his mind, "Did you ever ask Henry to come? I mean, he moved here, too. Shouldn't he be welcomed as well?"

"He was the one I initially asked actually - since we were already talking to each other anyway on the way to school - but he simply said 'no'. He told me to ask you instead and he also told me that you'd probably say yes."

"I see."

"Hey," Hyukjae said, switching to another topic as he was parking the car, "I know we've only known each other for two days, but do you want to exchange phone numbers?"

"Sure, where's your phone?"

"Here." Hyukjae handed Donghae his phone. Donghae proceeded to type his number in and saved it in the contacts. He then decided to add a picture and switched to camera mode so that Hyukjae could use the picture for his contact profile. He switched the lights on in the car and as Hyukjae took the seatbelt off, Donghae put his arm around the older's shoulder and said, "Cheeeeeeeeese."

They smiled and looked at the results, "Not bad." Hyukjae commented. "Yup" Donghae agreed. They sat there a little longer looking at the picture and then Donghae waved and took the shopping bag and leftovers.

"Thank you, Hyukjae. I've never really hung out with a friend outside of school before, so I really enjoyed today." He gave one last warm smiled and ran back to his house. Hyukjae stayed in his car and looked in his rearview mirror to check if Donghae had already entered his home.

He looked at the picture on his phone a bit longer and noticed an inexplicable feeling when he looked at Donghae's face.

 

 

 

 

Another couple is introduced! Hanchul! I made Hyukjae and Heechul cousins because I wanted them to have some sort of bond and connection with each other and cousins came to mind. I'm going to add Yewook and Kangteuk in too, but they won't appear as much as Kyumin, Zhouri, or Hanchul. Eunhae will appear A LOT, obviously. Don't worry I didn't forgot about Shindong, Siwon, and Kibum. I'll add them in the story too. I'm not sure how long the story will be, so we'll just have to find out together. :) Thank you~