Chapter 1

Sweet & Sour (Hiatus)

Donghae and Henry watched as the workers lifted their furniture into their new house while their mom was busy lifting boxes. Both clueless on what to do, they stood there in disbelief. Never had their mom ever told them that they were moving nor had she ever ask them for their opinions. She probably wouldn't ask them anyway since she was always busy. Henry sighed and kicked a nearby rock on the ground which hit one of the moving van's tires.

"What are you two standing there for? Boxes don't have legs to carry themselves you know!" Their mother said, scolding them. "Come and help me with some of these boxes!"

"Coming!" Said the brothers in sync.

"This ," Henry grumbled, "Why are we even moving?" He was obviously not happy with the move, but Donghae was just disappointed that his mom didn't tell either one of them about it. It would've been nice to know a few months ahead of time or even when she first thought about moving. Sadly, they were told to pack just a few days before the big move.

"It's not like we can do anything about it." Donghae replied, lifting two large boxes up.

"Why not? Maybe we can." Henry insisted, looking hopeful that maybe his 'wise' older brother would know a way on how to convince their mother to move back to Mokpo. He lifted up two slightly smaller boxes than Donghae's and followed his brother inside the house.

"I don't even think we have enough money to move back. We're dead broke. If we were to move back, we'd probably have to live under a bridge or something."

"Then why don't we just ask our relatives for some money and pay them back later?" Donghae could tell that Henry was really determined to move back. As much as Donghae wanted to go back to Mokpo too, what's done is done. Henry just couldn't see the positives of moving to Seoul yet, or the fact that money was an issue in their family.

"Money isn't that easy to get, Hen-"

"Henry! Come out quickly, please! I need your help!" Their mother sounded a bit stress, but she was always like that.

"Alright!" Henry cried back. He jogged outside to his mother's aid, leaving Donghae alone in their new, two-story house.

Donghae finally set down the tightly sealed boxes and had a good look around their new living room. It wasn't that much bigger than their old living room, but it was much cleaner for sure. The house was a lot more spacious and their front yard actually looked decent compared to their former front yard back in Mokpo. She really did it. Donghae said to himself. She actually bought a house. Donghae felt like sitting down to absorb all the new changes, but there were no chairs placed in the house yet.

"Donghae! What on Earth is taking you so long?!" His mother exclaimed from outside. "Come and help Henry with this table!"

"Coming!"

This is happening too fast. Way too fast.

Donghae headed outside and saw Henry standing next to a rectangular dining room table. They each lifted one end and slowly made their way to the front door.

"Like I was saying, money isn't something easy to get your hands on," Donghae said, bringing back their conversation, "Unless..."

"Unless what?"

"Unless, we sell a few things."

Henry raised an eyebrow, "Like what?"

Donghae smirked and said, "Hmmm, I don't know. Your guitar, your hats, some of your hoodies, your violin-"

"No!" Henry cried while dropping the table, "Not my violin! Anything but that!"

"YAH! You two be more careful, less talking, more moving!" Their mother interrupted. Donghae chuckled silently.

"That's not funny." Henry mumbled with a pout.

"I'm sorry, but it was kinda funny." As they both finish setting down the table inside, neither one of them talked for the rest of the time until they finished unloading. They paid and thanked the people who helped them, and it was finally time to rest for a bit and then unpack. It was already evening and their mom had already left the house to drive around the city. She was just trying to get use to the road and made sure that she knew where the grocery markets were and her new work place.

After eating dinner together and taking their first showers in their new estate, Donghae and Henry both collapsed on the couches, exhausted, in their living room, downstairs.

"I hate this." Henry whined.

"I know."

"I want to go back to Mokpo."

"I know."

"Wanna escape with me and secretly travel back to Mokpo?"

"I wish."

They both sighed and procrastinated, not wanting to unpack their belongings.

"Hey," Donghae started as he got up and off the couch, "We should probably go to bed. Omma said we have school tomorrow." Henry groaned and got off the couch lazily with his back sagging down. The younger brother dragged his feet on the floor, frowning at the thought of going to a new school. The older followed the younger upstairs, not too excited either.                                                                  


After brushing their teeth, they exchanged "Goodnights." and went into their separate rooms which they finally had. Back in Mokpo, they both shared one room which was qualified as to being called a wasteland. Donghae was lying still under his blanket with his arms folded behind his head. Their mom still hadn't returned home yet and Donghae still couldn't sleep. He felt anxious about school tomorrow. Was he going to get bullied? Will he make any friends? Are the teachers nice? Thousands of questions flooded Donghae's mind, but he was unable to answer any of them.

Bored, Donghae decided to check up on Henry to see if he was having trouble falling asleep too. He got up and out from under his covers and hoped for Henry to be awake so that he could have someone to talk to at least. He quietly tiptoed towards Henry's new room and gently opened the door and peaked inside.

The light from the hallway outside of Henry's bedroom seeped in and gave Donghae a better look into his little brother's room. As his eyes scanned the walls and posters Henry had already hung up, he caught a shiny glimmer on Henry's cheek. He froze for a second with his eyes wide open as he realized that those were tears on Henry's face.

I wonder if he's really asleep?

Donghae slowly backed away and closed the door, careful not to make a sound. He returned back to his room and laid there, not wanting to get up anymore and finally fell asleep.

 

 

 

First chapter everyone! Yay~ It's a bit slow, but it will speed up as the story goes on. I really don't want this to end up like a boring plain story, so I'll try my best to keep you guys entertained!