Chapter 16

Sweet & Sour (Hiatus)

It was now Monday and Donghae released a yawn as he walked to school with Hyukjae and Henry. Henry was now completely aware about his relationship with Hyukjae because apparently they weren’t very discreet when they had been conversing in his room and his little brother even acted out sentences he remembered them saying in an exaggerated manner. It was quite a show, but it was embarrassing to watch.

Gay or not, it didn’t matter to Henry. His brother was still his brother and he wasn’t surprised that he ended up dating Hyukjae. He personally liked Hyukjae as a friend and he trusted him to take care of his Hyung. However, he still threatened Hyukjae that he’d cut off his balls, slice them to pieces, and feed them to sharks if he ever hurt Donghae or made him cry. The older tried to take him seriously, but Henry’s threats were like a polar bear ice-skating. It was ridiculous, but cute. Hyukjae had no intention of breaking up or hurting Donghae so he had assured the younger, but the younger still tried to look tough and masculine.

“Hyukjae, do you know any places that are looking for extra workers?” Donghae asked, shoving his hands down his pants pockets.

“You mean you want a part time job?”

“Yeah, any kind.”

Hyukjae grinned and leaned in towards Donghae’s ear. “How about you be my personal maid?” Donghae slapped Hyukjae in the shoulder and made him flinch a bit. “You know, I still have that prize thing from the race, remember?” Donghae elbowed Hyukjae and this time he laughed. “I’m kidding, I won’t use the prize for that. I guess we can ask Sungmin hyung or Zhou Mi hyung if there are any openings.”

“Cool, let’s do that.”

“Don’t forget my ice cream~” Henry sang.

Donghae smacked his little brother gently on the back of his head making all of them laugh.


 

During lunch, Donghae ran into Sungmin, literally. He wasn’t paying attention to where he was going and crashing into him.

“S-Sorry.” Donghae apologized.

“I’m fine, you okay?” Sungmin said looking if there were any injuries on the younger.

Their eyes both met and it took a few seconds for both of them to realize the position they had fallen into. Donghae was hovering above Sungmin’s body and in the distance were their possessive boyfriends stalking them.

“Sweet, primate s, does Donghae know where his hand’s at?!” Kyuhyun muttered.

“Oh god it looks so wrong from this angle.” Hyukjae joined in.

“If they’re gonna stay in that position any longer I swear I’m gonna rip your monkey off.”

“What?! Why?!” Hyukjae cried while covering his chest.

“Aish, I’m just kidding. No need to get your gorilla ball sacks in a twist.”

“The hell?”

Before he knew it, Kyuhyun had already left his side and was already strutting towards Donghae and Sungmin who were brushing themselves off. Hyukjae ran to catch up to be in the clique.

“Hey, how’s it going?” He casually asked.

“No luck, Sungmin says that they already have plenty of workers. I asked Zhou Mi too and he said the same thing.”

 “I’ll call you if we ever get an opening, though.” Sungmin said to cheer Fishy up a bit.

“Thanks.”

“Are we gonna get lunch?” Hyukjae interrupted. “’Cause I’m starving.”

“Says the toothpick.” Kyuhyun teased.

“Well, Captain StarCraft over here looks like he needs to lay off the fries because he might sink his ship soon.”

“Shut up, you don’t even know what it’s about.”

“Is it anything like Star Wars?”

“You’re an idiot.”

“I’d love to stay longer to hear your lovely compliments,” Hyukjae said sarcastically while grabbing Donghae by the shoulder and guiding him towards the lunch line. “But I’m gonna get some food to calm my beastly appetite!”

“You and Kyuhyun have a really interesting bond.” Donghae remarked.

“Did I ever tell you that he’s my cousin, too?”

“Seriously?!”

Hyukjae is related to Heechul and Kyuhyun! He sure has an interesting family tree... Maybe there’s another side to Hyukjae that still I don’t know yet… Donghae thought.


 

After Donghae and Hyukjae had both bought their lunches they found an empty table to sit at and purposely isolated themselves from the rest of the cafeteria. Hyukjae took a sip from his favorite strawberry milk carton and noticed that his boyfriend was eyeing him as he drank.

“Do you want some?” He said as he held the straw to his boyfriend’s mouth. Donghae looked at Hyukjae and silently accepted the offer. He gently placed his lips on the straw, slowly, allowing the intoxicating flavor of the smooth, strawberry liquid wash through his mouth and down his throat. He the straw and saw his lover’s eyes widen.

“Th-That’s enough milk.” Hyukjae said quickly. A drop of the milk dripped down to Donghae’s chin and he unconsciously his lips in a seductive manner. Hyukjae swallowed hard at the display shown right in front of him. Donghae was just drinking milk, but did he really have to turn him on while he was at it?

The strawberry addict finished the rest of his drink and Donghae wiped off the drop of milk with a napkin.

“Sorry, did I drink too much?” Donghae asked.

“N-no, not at all. It’s just that you have your own milk too and you might not be able to finish it if you drink all of mine so I’m just thinking and well you know, you drank it in a weird way…” Hyukjae was sputtering incoherent words, but he couldn’t help it since he’d never seen Donghae be so alluring before. Was he doing it on purpose?

“Weird? You mean in an unattractive way?”

“N-No in a… y way.”

Donghae smirked, satisfied with his boyfriend’s answer. Hyukjae had just realized that he had been played and his mouth made and ‘O’ shape.

“You ing tease.” He said.

“Well, I wasn’t so sure if I was doing it right since it was my first time trying to do something like that.” Donghae blushed. “Same thing when I first kissed you. It was my first time doing that, too.”

“Wait, so you’ve never kiss anybody before?!”

Donghae shook his head. Hyukjae was actually envious of the younger’s skills. When he had his first kiss, it was just a peck on the lips. He felt sorry for the girl since he wasn’t very good at making out, but after a few more kissing and practices with his pillow he had finally developed a decent kissing technique, but he had to go through all that practicing to make his kiss pleasurable, but Donghae just had to kiss and let his instincts take the wheel and BOOM instant turn on.

“Oh my, Kyuhyun, did you see that? Hyukjae actually offered Donghae his strawberry milk!” Sungmin whispered loudly. Sungmin and Kyuhyun were seated at the table next to Hyukjae and Donghae’s and they weren’t being very discreet with their presence. They hadn’t been noticed until now and it startled the Fishy and Monkey.

“Yeah, that’s strange of Hyukjae to do something like that. I think something is up with those two.” Kyuhyun said, loud enough for both Hyukjae and Donghae to hear. Hyukjae threw his empty milk carton at Kyuhyun and Kyuhyun caught it and threw it back, however it hit Donghae in the head. Kyuhyun got up to apologized and he held Donghae’s head in his arms, rubbing the spot where the carton had hit him. Hyukjae got up and pushed Kyuhyun away and Sungmin grabbed Kyuhyun by the arm shooting him a glare.

“Yah! Stay away from my boyfriend!” Hyukjae shouted, careful not to let unwanted people hear.

“Boyfriend?!” Sungmin and Kyuhyun cried out in sync.

“We were just teasing, but we never though it was true.” Sungmin said.

“Are you guys really dating?” Kyuhyun asked.

Donghae nodded with big honest round eyes.

Sungmin and Kyuhyun stood there for a few second, still in shock. “Who would want to date you?” Kyuhyun mocked.

Hyukjae scowled and said, “Very funny, I’d be asking you the same thing. If you can get one then I can, too.”

Kyuhyun stuck out his tongue and Hyukjae returned the gesture.

Sungmin sat next to Donghae and he swung him arm are the younger’s shoulder making both boyfriends send a warning look at them. “There something you should be aware of.” The older leaned in and whispered into Fishy’s ear. “Hyukjae is a ert.”

“I am not!” Hyukjae overheard.

Sungmin cackled “I’m kidding.” He said and leaned in again. “Here’s what you should really be aware of.” Sungmin told Donghae and whatever he told the younger made him blush a ruby red and hit eyes widen like marbles.

“What, what is he telling you?” Hyukjae demanded.

“No-No-Nothing.” Donghae stuttered.

“Got it?” Sungmin said. Donghae nodded and received a supportive rub on the back from the older.


 

After school had ended, Donghae and Hyukjae walked home together. Henry decided to join a music club which had after school practices every day. Donghae didn’t mind, but he told his brother to be careful walking home alone and to be sure to have his guard up. Henry just rolled his eyes and told his Hyung that he’d be okay. With an unsure glance, Donghae nodded and let his brother be. Henry and Taemin were actually friends now, which was great news meaning Mochi was making friends. Donghae was glad and he breathed out a happy sign.

“Hey, do you think there’s a job opening at the Sapphire Dragon?”

“No, you can’t work there.” Hyukjae, without hesitation, said.

“Why?”

“Because, Heechul works there.”

“What’s wrong with Heechul?”

“He’s not a bad guy, but he’ll do weird things to you. I don’t want that to happen, especially since we’re dating now.”

“Hyukjae, I’m not weak. I know better than to let him touch me like that.”

“No, that’s not what I mean. He’ll whisper weird stuff into your ears and when you least expect it, he’ll maybe your or put his arms around your waist.”

“I’ll tell him not to do that then.”

Donghae rummaged through his pocket for his house keys and opened his front door. Hyukjae followed in and they set their bags down.

Finally. Hyukjae thought.

He grabbed Donghae and pulled him in to his arms. Surprised, Donghae gasped and put his hands on Hyukjae’s shoulders. His heart started to beat faster and he tensed up a bit.

“Relax. I just want to kiss you.” Hyukjae said in a soft, low voice. Slowly, he began to lean in and Donghae closed his eyes, indulging himself into the kiss. The older had only been planning for a sweet, small kiss, but he couldn’t help himself. He loved the way Donghae’s lips felt and he loved the way Donghae kissed him. He turned his head to deepen the kiss and nibbled on the younger’s bottom lip. He was taking control and Donghae willingly let him.

“Mmnh…” Donghae moaned.

Hyukjae parted their lips and looked at the latter with a surprised expression.

“I’m sorry. It just came out.” Donghae said, embarrassed.

“No, don’t be. It was hot.” Hyukjae reconnected his lips with Donghae’s and they stumbled towards the couch. Donghae then fell backwards and Hyukjae landed on top of the younger. The older continued to passionately make out, but Donghae began to panic. He parted his lip from Hyukjae and pushed some space in between them.

“What’s wrong?” Hyukjae asked, worrying that he might’ve done something wrong.

“Nothing… It’s just that… Sungmin…”

Hyukjae quickly placed the puzzle pieces together and blurted out, “What did Sungmin say to you in the lunch room?”

“Nothing-”

“Tell me.”

Donghae inhaled and then exhaled softly and confessed. “He told me how to have between two guys. So when we fell on the couch, I suddenly thought about what Sungmin had said and I guess I got overwhelmed.”

Hyukjae place his hand on Donghae’s cheek and caressed his skin with his thumb. “Oh, Donghae.” He said. “I know it’s a bit scary, but I’m scared, too. It’s alright to feel that way. I promise I won’t do anything to you until we’re both ready for that, okay?” His voice was silk smooth and it made Donghae’s body heat up. He placed his hand on top of the one Hyukjae had on his cheek and smiled.

“I trust you,” He said. “But do you trust me?”

Hyukjae knew exactly what he meant. “Of course I do, but I can’t help but feel… Insecure. I mean, you’ve got a really handsome face. There’s no way you could walk by people unnoticed. You know what I mean?” Hyukjae timidly admitted.

“I understand. I won’t work at Sapphire Dragon then if it makes you jealous to see me bond with your cousin.” Donghae assured.

“I’m not jealous.” Hyukjae argued.

“Fine, possessive.”

“Well that’s only because I love you, right?”

Donghae blushed and didn’t say anything. Hyukjae took the chance of silence to smash their lips together once again. Unexpectedly, they suddenly heard someone yell:

“I’M HOOOOOOME!”

It was Henry who walked into the living room and accidentally saw the little scene the lovers were putting on.

“Whoa, I’m sorry to intrude.” Henry backed away. Donghae and Hyukjae immediately parted and got off the couch as quick as possible, shocked.

“He-Henry, w-what are you doing home so early? Aren’t you supposed to be home around 5?” Donghae awkwardly stuttered.

“I found out that there wasn’t any practice today because the music teacher is sick, so I came home. And I guess I should’ve ringed the doorbell instead, too.”

“Yeaaaaah…” Hyukjae agreed.

Donghae elbowed his boyfriend who slightly grimaced. Hyukjae, without warning, pulled Donghae in by the waist and gave him a peck on the nose.

“If you’ll excuse me, I’m going to be in my room.” Henry said, awkwardly shuffling towards the stairs, but the lovebirds were too busy fondling with each other that they didn’t noticed.

 

Ahhh, young love. Makes me envious since I'm forever a single loner... T_T But it's okay because I have Super Junior! Sorry it took a while for me to update, I didn't expect to be so busy, but please enjoy! Thank you~