May 9th

Clumsiness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

May 9th.

~♥♥♥♥~

“I can’t believe this!”

To say Junsu was surprised when Jaejoong barged into his room at 12 PM with his spare key was an understatement. He was stunned, just sitting there on his bed with unfinished homework lying carelessly in front of him as the furious looking raven stormed in, panting harshly.

“Can’t believe what?” He questioned softly, unsure of what brought up the beauty’s bad mood. Jaejoong narrowed his eyes at him for a second, and Junsu replied with a bashful look, wondering if he wasn’t supposed to ask. But it seemed like that wasn’t true, as his best friend dropped onto his bed exhaustedly, sprawling over like a starfish and knocking Junsu’s books onto the floor. The younger bit his tongue to hold back his annoyance from spewing out, and decided to console his friend instead, by  gently patting his head.

“Remember when I told you Yunnie—“ Jaejoong sputtered the second the new nickname slipped from his lips, and Junsu couldn’t hold back a squeal, waving his hands madly as his best friend began to stammer and blush furiously, pretending he never said anything. “I didn’t mean to say that, I—I just,” He tried to defend himself, but at Junsu’s knowing smirk and glittering eyes, he sat up and pouted adorably, quite embarrassed.

“So Yunnie huh?” Junsu’s smirk widens a little more and Jaejoong wonders how wide it can go as he rolled his eyes, flustered. He playfully slaps Junsu’s thigh, trying to appear calm, but his heart wasn’t anything relatively calm. The nickname had just blurted from his lips, he had never even called Yunho that before.

“He’s my boyfriend, anyway, I mean—“

“WHAT,”

Junsu’s screech almost made Jaejoong go deaf. He winced violently, slapping his palms over his eyes as he glares, “God! Did you really have to scream—“

“Y-you!” The now furious looking male points a finger at him, trembling, “Never told me even! Never even—“ He shakes his head, falling dramatically on the bed and slapping his hand over his eyes in a quite exaggerated fashion. “My so called best friend.”

Jaejoong turns crimson, lips pouting a little more, more embarrassed than he had ever been. Flustered, he plays with Junsu’s sheets, unable to look his best friend in the eye. “Guess… I just kind of forgot then.”

“How could you forget a thing like that! Those things are…” Junsu genuinely seemed to be speechless, maybe even hurt. And Jaejoong is pouting quite extremely now, a little guilty. “Well I guess I kind understand. You were doing it with him the whole time.”

Jaejoong chokes on his saliva, sputtering as he turns as red as a tomato, slapping the younger male hard on the thigh and not caring of the yelp Junsu emits. Luckily, the younger male’s parents were out on a business trip and his brother was staying over at his girlfriend’s place. Poor Junsu left alone. But now, Jaejoong think he kind of deserved it. “Yah! Don’t say things like that!” He yelled, glaring.

“But it’s the truth! Too distracted with his abs and his…” Junsu hesitates, and Jaejoong smirks inwardly. He knew his best friend was just trying to get his tiny revenge now, but he found it quite amusing that no matter how rude the younger tried to be, he still had a childish little mind.

“His?” Jaejoong leaned forward teasingly.

“His…” Junsu gulped, red creeping upon his cheeks as he struggled to finish the word, “P-pen—“

“His…?”

“Okay, okay, shut up!” Junsu finally burst, slapping him back and he yelped as well, slapping Junsu right back. It turned into a slapping session of anger and annoyance but in no time, they were panting, lying on the bed together, fingers entwined as they stared at the ceiling.

“You’re mean. You could’ve at least called to tell me.” His best friend murmured softly. Jaejoong winced, turning over to hug his friend lightly.

“I’m sorry Su-ie. You were right. I was distracted by him,” He said honestly, a little shyly. And when he heard a snicker buried in the crook of his neck, he growled, shoving his erted friend away and grumbling embarrassedly, “But not by what you think!”

Junsu giggles naughtily.

Jaejoong tells him everything. From how they confessed to each other, their first kiss, and now—their new problems. His best friend listened, combing his fingers soothingly through Jaejoong’s hair until his temper finally seemed to be cooling down. This is what he needed. A bonding session with his buddy, and a moment to just get away from his stuffy house.

“That’s really unfair,” Junsu pouted after Jaejoong had finished speaking. “Your parents shouldn’t do that. I liked Hyun Joong too but I disliked the way he tried to control you in everything.” Jaejoong hummed in absolute agreement, relieved to have at least someone who agreed with him about his ex-boyfriend. Everyone just seemed to shine in Hyun Joong’s glow and never realize his bad points.

“They don’t see his bad qualities, Su.” Jaejoong grumbled, swiping his hair away as he childishly kicked his feet. “They only see him as a gorgeous young man who is suitable for me. Why can’t they realize that Yunho is that—and everything more? They will be blown away.”

“So what’s your problem if you know that they will love Yunho?”

“Because no matter which guy comes along, they always try to pair me up with Hyun Joong right back later!” He whined, gently pulling on his hair in frustration, “They think of him some like golden boy. And I really hate that.”

“You just need Yunho to impress your parents much more.” Junsu finally said, “And honestly. He impressed me the second I saw him for the first time. So I don’t think it’s going to be that hard.”

After telling Yunho, Jaejoong could tell he was a little nervous. But he definitely heard determination in the younger man’s voice as well. Tomorrow would be the official date to meet his parents, and when he told them, they began getting everything ready. Family dinners were always large and dramatic, and with a new member, he knew today wouldn’t be anything relatively easy.

Plus, add in all eight of his sisters and Hyun Joong, and it was going to turn into hell.

 

He had to go grocery shopping with his mother to buy everything. And this was the first actual time he was really keen to buy things and help. He bought the best type of meat, got the freshest vegetables and got unnecessary amounts of sweet food to make the best desert of Yunho’s life. His mother eyed him weirdly, but said nothing about his enthusiasm.

When the next day hit, Jaejoong went into Super Saiyan mode. His eight sisters who had arrived at midnight, along with his parents had never seen him so… so hyper. The raven was practically buzzing around in the kitchen, chopping vegetables at the pace of sonic, and even panting from running up and down.

“Jaejoong-ah, do you want any help—“

“No!” He practically snapped, breathless and flushed as he stirred something in a pot, creating delicious aroma which drifted around the kitchen. It made Sooyoung’s mouth water, and when she tried to sneak something in to eat, she got her hand slapped. “Don’t touch! Yunho’s food!” He was like a caveman, a very possessive caveman with a crush.

“Jaejoong-ah—“

“Shhh! I’m concentrating!” The raven shrieked at one of his sisters, biting his tongue cutely as he drizzled some sauce onto one of the plates. He wanted to make it perfect, and when his sisters peeked, they all stifled squeals and giggles because their little brother was making a heart!

“Who’s that plate for?” Sooyoung smirked greasily, wiggling her eyebrows. Jaejoong blushed, but replied.

“Yunho.”

“What about that one?” She pointed at a nearby one that had nothing on it. It was completely blank while Jaejoong continued to cover the other one with dozens of hearts.

“Hyun Joong’s.” He replied dryly, voice unamused. Just the reminder that his ex would be coming over sent him into a fit of irritation. He hadn’t seen the man in ages. Even though he knew Hyun Joong was engaged now—it still annoyed him that he would interrupt a day that could’ve been perfect.

“Chill, bro. Hyun Joong is engaged, he won’t hit on you.”

 

Turns out his sister was wrong. Absolutely wrong with everything.

The second Hyun Joong stepped into the house (earlier than Yunho, of course) he had expected to see a shiny, gold or silver ring adorning the man’s finger, but there was nothing. And instead of a friendly smile while greeting Jaejoong, there was a horribly flirty smirk.

“Jaejoong,” He drawled, very unlike the old Hyun Joong that Jaejoong remembered, “Long time no see, beautiful.” In the distance, he could faintly hear his mother squealing in delight and his eyes hardened, wondering what his ex was playing at.

“Yes.” He curtly replied, not in a mood for Hyun Joong’s fishy games. His other sister, Miyeon clicked her tongue at his cold behavior and smiled, helping the man remove his coat like the sweet lady she was.

“So Hyun Joong, you’re engaged now, right?” She questioned curiously, wondering why he had no ring on. Hyun Joong simply smiled, eyes directed at Jaejoong as he replied,

“Actually no. She wasn’t the right person for me, after all.”

Jaejoong almost choked. He sputtered when Hyun Joong slid a flirty arm around his shoulder and smirked, “I think I know, who is, though…” Jaejoong forced a smile, pushing the man away. He was slowly starting to reach his temper.

Hyun Joong followed, but luckily, his mother quickly slid in and started shooting questions at him. Jaejoong resisted the urge to snort at how happy she was, and how cheesy his ex was being. Hyun Joong, seemingly not engaged anymore, was now hitting on him. They were long broken up and Jaejoong wanted nothing to do with him anymore.

“Seems like he really likes you,” Sooyoung smirked when it was just the two of them in the kitchen. Jaejoong scowled, quite irritated.

“He’s my ex for a reason. I don’t even like him anymore—“

“Like who, Jaejoongie?” Speaking of the devil. Hyun Joong slid right next to him, wrapping his arms around him. Jaejoong snarled, shoving him away rudely. Hyun Joong, was surprised, and Sooyoung gaped. But the brunette just smirked, “Playing hard to get, eh?”

“Ha. Ha.” He laughed in a dull voice, resisting the urge to smash a plate on his ex’s head. His violent thoughts were cut off when suddenly, there was a knock on the door. A look of absolute glee was seen on his face as h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter