May 4th

Clumsiness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

May 4th.

~♥♥♥♥~

 

It’s Sunday morning and Jaejoong is irritated, furious and well; just down right angry. His Saturday night was more than perfect though; and he even had pleasant dreams of Yunho’s cute little mole and Yunho’s charming smile and just—Yunho.

He would of most definitely preferred staying in bed and dreaming of the cutie; if it weren’t for his mother obnoxiously flinging his door open and demanding him to go grocery shopping—something to do with a dinner with one of his sister’s new boyfriends. They had shoved a list in his face; and it was so long that it even reached the back of the page.

“We don’t have anything in this kitchen!” His mother was furiously pacing up and down, slamming and opening cabinets and growling angrily.

“Gee, nothing? Mum, we have almost everything to cook a proper dinner!” Jaejoong shot back with a whine, displeased at being woken.

“Well, your sister’s boyfriend doesn’t like chicken!” She screamed at him.

Jaejoong just stood there, stunned; until his uncle who was had an early visit that morning (all of their new meetings or get together’s pretty much involved their entire family, so it wasn’t much of a surprise to see Uncle Kim there) came over and patted him on the shoulder. “Now, now, dear. You know that your mother doesn’t make any sense when it comes to things like this. Chicken or not; you must listen to her.”

His mother had a habit of trying to be overly perfect when it was a family meeting or even a simple get together. She constantly panicked and raged—and Jaejoong honestly did not want to get onto her bad side again (he learned from terrifying experience) so there he was, grumbling to himself as he practically stomped to the grocery store, in a hoodie and jeans and of course; an evil furious expression on his face.

He pushed his trolley through the store; glaring at the list and practically throwing the certain items into it. He was almost done with the list by now and only had one more item to get. He peered at it and snorted,

Grape Soda.

That was totally his sister’s request. He shuffles around to find it and his eyes light up when he finds rows and rows of it. Eagerly, he pushes his trolley forward, like the light at the end of the tunnel! His hand reaches out to grab the first purple bottle—

“Jaejoong?”

The sudden voice which mumbles in his ear, makes him shriek; not expecting it. Because of the shock, his body flinches forward, about to hit the stand of grape soda, and he breathes out, waiting for the impact of dozens of plastic bottles smacking him in the head, but—

“Whoa, Jae! Be careful.”

He breathes out, feeling his heart rate calm down. He doesn’t even need to know whose sudden embrace he’s in, he can already feel the light strawberry scent and that soothing voice murmuring into his ear, “Are you okay?”

He finds the energy to even chuckle. “You know, I’m only okay because you’re always there for me.” He fights away the blush. He lets himself linger in the embrace for a few seconds before reluctantly stepping away, apologizing to Yunho once again.

“If I didn’t stop you, you’d be buried under a mountain of,” Yunho pauses, looking to his right, “Grape soda bottles.” He laughs, and steps away and gently pushes Jaejoong’s trolley back to him.

They share a small silence, as Jaejoong finally puts one of the bottles into the trolley. “My parents are meeting my sister’s new boyfriend and inviting him over to dinner..” Jaejoong explains glumly, “My mum sent me on the task of actually buying the stuff.”

“Oh, I’m going over to Yoochun’s again and we’re going to have a gaming night.” Yunho smiles at him, and Jaejoong actually felt a spark of jealousy piercing through him.

He forces a laugh, “Gaming night? But today’s a Sunday.”

Yunho just stares at him. “Yes..”

“We have school tomorrow..” Jaejoong tries weakly. He didn’t know why he felt so bitter over the fact at how close Yunho and Yoochun were. Even at school; they seemed stuck like glue. It never bothered Jaejoong before; so why was it bothering him now? He bites his lip, wondering if his sudden mood change had ruined the atmosphere between them.

“We always have gaming nights on Sunday because our parents both work at the same company, they always go on business trips on Sundays.” Yunho explains awkwardly. “It’s a normal thing for us.”

“Okay.” Jaejoong whispers, and miserably clutches the handles of his trolley as he tries not to think of all the fun those two probably have. Yunho laughing.. Yunho smiling.. and all this with Yoochun. Yunho smiles at him slightly and begins to walk away, but Jaejoong follows him, trying to shake off the ugly thoughts.

Even though he’s done shopping, he honestly doesn’t want to leave if Yunho is here. When Yunho stops at the sweets aisle, he pretends to pick up some packet of gum and inspect it. When it’s suddenly pulled out of his grasp, he blinks, only to have his breath hitch at how close Yunho was to him when he turns. Their lips are just inches apart, and he shivers when a slow smile makes its way onto Yunho’s soft-looking lips.

It’s over as quickly as it star

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter