May 3rd

Clumsiness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

May 3rd.

~♥♥♥♥~

 

Saturday. A very lazy, glum, and horribly rainy Saturday.

Jaejoong’s parents aren’t home and went on some late night business trip. He stays alone in the warm house; his sisters all grown and moved out by now. He was still considered the ‘baby’ and treated like one; and he didn’t mind it much, but sometimes it did feel nice to be left alone from his pampering family.

He sits with his back to the sofa, watching the TV play some typical comedy show. He can’t even hear what they’re saying with the rain so loud; but he doesn’t care as he’s barely even paying attention.

He closes his eyes, only to open them again when he feels a gentle nudge. His grey cat stares back at him, pawing at him again and meowing quietly at him. “What do you want, Jiji?” He grunts, and the small creature simply purrs in response, and Jaejoong sighs, knowing Jiji is probably just craving some food.

With a small groan, he gets up and shuffles lazily to the kitchen, opening the cabinets and cursing when he finds he used up the last can of cat food already. He looks back apprehensively at his cat; who’s staring with judging eyes, obviously displeased at no sight of food around. And he knows that if he doesn’t feed Jiji—the annoying little thing will paw and meow at him all night; maybe even go for a bite and a scratch or two.

So in a matter of minutes; he finds himself shrugging into a hoodie after slipping on some jeans. He slides into his converse and pulls the hood over his head as he grabs his umbrella; a spotted Hello Kitty one, but it was okay—since it was dark outside he was sure nobody would notice.

Making sure to lock the door and shove his keys down his pocket, Jaejoong trudges outside and flinches, because it’s so horribly cold. “The things I do for that darn cat.” He mutters pathetically to himself, holding the umbrella over his head tightly and watching the side walk glisten from the rain.

It takes about five minutes to get to the nearest grocery store, and another five to find the precise food he’s looking for; because Jiji is a spoiled, picky cat and will only like the pink-tinned ones. He pays for it, and even just throws in a chocolate box just for the sake of himself and then trudges back outside with his plastic bag. He realizes the rain has gotten worse; pouring so heavily that it’s getting hard for him to hold his umbrella up properly. He stares at the floor while he walks, quickening his steps as he goes.

And of course, there is a particular puddle he doesn’t notice; and of course, his foot just has to be landing there; and before he knows it, his foot slips in the puddle. He shrieks, his umbrella and bag dropping out of his grip, unable to catch himself because of the slippery floor and his eyes instinctively squeeze shut. The noise of the umbrella and bag dropping to the floor goes unheard, and his heart sinks in his chest as he feels his body go lower and lower until—

Until?

He feels a sudden grip on his arm, and his eyes fly open just as he is pulled abruptly towards a force, hurriedly hurling into another body, and gasping as he stumbles with the person. He feels the painful drench of water soaking him; and when he finally manages to stand on his own two feet; he blinks, trying to adjust his vision and calm his horrified heartbeat. When he see’s dark wet brown hair, and concerned almond eyes; he feels like crying. “Yunho, oh my god, I’m so, so so, sorry!” He whimpers, feeling completely ashamed of himself for not only making a fool of himself; but even dragging Yunho into it. Yunho is wet; and Jaejoong sees his umbrella laying on the floor and a wave of guilt rushes over him. “Oh my god, I can’t believe m-myself. , I am so s—“

He’s cut off, by Yunho’s arms tightening their grip on his waist. He squeaks in surprise, but he can’t stop himself from leaning into the embrace, shivering from the cold and wanting nothing more but warmth by now. “God, I’m so sorry...” He mumbles; but the rains so loud he thinks Yunho probably doesn’t even hear him.

“It’s okay,” It’s the same thing Yunho always tells him, and Jaejoong just shakes his head, feeling so pathetic. It’s not okay. “Gosh, we’re going to both get sick.” Yunho’s embrace is suddenly gone and he watches as the younger picks up his umbrella and scurries over behind him, picking up Jaejoong’s  umbrella and bag as well.

Jaejoong takes the items, all soaked; and holds his umbrella above his head, eyes apologetic at Yunho who looks like nothing but a wet puppy. “A-are you going home?” Jaejoong questions quietly, as they both awkwardly stand together under the rain. Jaejoong’s teeth chatter, a cold wind running through his body as he stares at Yunho miserably, waiting for a reply.

“Actually… I was at Yoochun’s and then it started raining on the way I was walking back.” The brunette says sheepishly, flipping his wet hair out of his eyes. “What about you?’

Jaejoong really doesn’t know how Yunho can be so nice; especially after an incident like this. Guilt tears at his heart, and he looks down at the puddled floor, ashamed.

“Umm...” He begins meekly, and hesitantly, “You can stay at my house.. I-I mean just until the rain stops, it’s the least I could d-do for getting you in the rain and for making sure I didn’t crack a bone or two.” He tries to chuckle; but he only realizes the words he’s blurted until they’re actually out of his mouth. He blushes crimson, wondering when he became such a fool, but Yunho’s next reply sends tingles down his body.

“Uhh, yeah—okay, only if it isn’t a bother.”

They walk back together in silence, and Jaejoong’s heart rate hasn’t calmed ever since meeting Yunho. He tries to appear casual; but whenever Yunho’s arm bru

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter