CHAPTER 8: ANGRY YOONA

SPELLS AND CONCOCTION

 

“Aaaarrrggghhh.” When she got in, she welcomed by a thousand of earth worms which moved to her. The girl screamed in horror, she even started to cry hardly.  Seohyun woke from her sleep forcefully after heard a familiar voice screaming. With her weak body, she went to the owner of the voice. Seohyun then saw a girl who she knew sat on the floor with frighten face as if she saw something horrible, still screaming and crying.

“Yoona unnie, are you okey?” Seohyun approached and hugged Yoona tightly.

“Seohyun-ah, remove those earth worms.” Yoona yelled at Seohyun , pleaded while hugged Seohyun tightly.

“What do you mean? There is no earth worm in here, there is nothing.” Seohyun said in confused, her head felt more dizzy.

“T-That…” Yoona stuttered and pointed with her finger while opened her eyes slowly. She surprised because there was no any earth worm.

“B-But there was…” Yoona didn’t continue her sentence. Her eyes focused on Leeteuk who walked out from Seohyun’s bedroom with messy clothes. Yoona moved her eyes and looked at Seohyun deeply. She saw Seohyun’s sleepy eyes, sweat on her forehead and her heavy breath. Yoona’s thought became stronger than before that Seohyun did something she not supposed to do before she get married. Her anger built up, shown in her eyes. Her fear about earth worm disappeared.

“Seohyun, what are you doing with that man?” Seohyun more confused with Yoona’s sudden emotion changes. Seohyun then followed Yoona’s gaze who looked at Leeteuk again with anger. Leeteuk just stood there silently.

“Leeteuk oppa.” Seohyun called Leeteuk weakly. She felt she will be fainted soon.

“What did you do Seohyun? Why is there a man came out from your bedroom? Did you do it? I don’t believe my lovely cousin who is innocent will do it before get married. What will uncle and aunt say about it?” Yoona asked so many questions and got conclusion by herself. She let out her anger toward Seohyun and Leeteuk who still confused with Yoona. At that moment Kyuhyun came in with plastic bags in both his hands.

“Seohyun, what are you doing in here?” Kyuhyun approached Seohyun, he didn’t mind with Yoona. He then placed his forehead on Seohyun’s forehead to check her body’s temperature. Their faces so close to each other, even their nose thouched. Seohyun’s face became redder, she felt shy. Seeing those scene made Yoona got angrier.

“Ya Seo Joohyun, are you crazy? Why are there two men in your apartement?” Yoona yelled at Seohyun. Before Seohyun got chance to answer, Kyuhyun mumbled a spell “Neru”. Yoona fainted and when she about to fell on the floor, Leeteuk embraced her immediately.

“Oppa, what did you do to Yoona unnie?” Seohyun panicked saw Yoona was unconscious.

“She is okey, no need to worry. She just sleep. Now, you have to go back to your room and get rest.” Kyuhyun carried Seohyun in his arms. Seohyun’s face completely red not because her fever, her heart beated uncontrollable.

“U-unnie?” Seohyun stuttered, asking about her unnie.

“Leeteuk will take care of her.” Kyuhyun brought Seohyun to her bedroom and laid her in bed. He then took a bottle filled with dark green liquid which put in table beside the bed by Leeteuk earlier.

“Drink this. After that eat the porridge and go to sleep.” Kyuhyun ordered. Seohyun nodded her head and drank the concoction hesitantly, but not protested at all. After eat all the porridge, Seohyun felt very sleepy and fell asleep immediately. Without aware, she clasped her hand with Kyuhyun’s hand tightly. Kyuhyun who can’t go anywhere because Seohyun held his hand, decided to lie down beside Seohyun. No need a long time, Kyuhyun fell asleep too while hugging Seohyun.

***

 

Yoona woke up, she lied on the couch in Seohyun’s living room. She still confused with all the incidents earlier, was it just her dream. After thought for a moment, she decided that it was a dream because it was impossible the innocent Seohyun lived together not only with a man but two men. Yoona then got up from couch and walked to Seohyun’s room, a place where Seohyun might be. Yoona saw a white pigeon roosted in one of kitchen chair. She just shrugged her shoulder then continued walking to Seohyun’s bedroom. She once again surprised with what she saw in front of her eyes. She saw Seohyun slept while hugging a man. Anger wrapped Yoona once again.

“Seohyun.” Yoona yelled at Seohyun out loud, made Seohyun and Kyuhyun woke up immediately.

“Unnie, why are you screaming?” Seohyun asked innocently.

“You asked why I screaming? Look at what you do. Why do you sleep while hugging those man?” Yoona yelled again and pointed her finger toward Kyuhyun who covered his ears with his hand. He still look sleepy. After heard what Yoona said, Seohyun then realized she slept on Kyuhyun’s chest and hugged him tightly. Seohyun then moved away from Kyuhyun and sat with blushed cheeks.

“U-unnie, it isn’t like what you think.” Seohyun tried to explain

“What?” Yoona yelled louder. When Seohyun tried to explain once again, Kyuhyun who sat beside Seohyun mumbled a spell “die Figur” and Yoona freezed like a statue.

“Oppa, what did you do to unnie this time?” Seohyun faced Kyuhyun with annoyed face.

“I just made her silent for a moment. My ears hurt because her screaming. Besides, with her being like that you have some time to think a good explanation about our condition.” Kyuhyun defended. Seohyun knew it was right, so she didn’t protes. Seohyun then busy thought a good explanation for Yoona to explain all this crazy things. Without warning, Kyuhyun placed his forehead on Seohyun’s forehead once again. Seohyun’s cheeks blushed.

“Your fever get down.” Kyuhyun smiled and moved away. Seohyun realized that she didn’t feel dizzy anymore, she felt healthy. When Seohyun was trying to calm her heart down after that physical contact, Kyuhyun said calmly.

“Do you want me to manipulate her mind?”

“Don’t. Don’t ever do magic and spell to my unnie again. I warn you.” Seohyun said firmly, she didn’t like those idea.

“Let me explain all of this with my own way. And I asked you to get out from here and bring back unnie to normal.”

“What will you say to her? Will you say that I’m a wizard and Leeteuk is a demon?” Kyuhyun asked sarcastically.

“I’ll take care of it.” Seohyun said after let out a deep sigh. Kyuhyun just shrugged his shoulders. He stood up and walked to the door. When Kyuhyun about to leave, Seohyun called him.

“Oppa. T-Thank you.” Seohyun said while bowed  her head, her cheeks blushed. Kyuhyun smiled and released Yoona from his spell before he closed the door behind him. There were only Seohyun and Yoona in the bedroom. Yoona back to normal but her anger stayed still.

“Yoona unnie, please sit. I’ll explain everythings.” Seohyun patted a space beside her signaling Yoona to sit beside her. Yoona tried to press her anger and sat beside Seohyun.

“You better have a good explanation. Now speak.” Yoona said firmly. Before spoke, Seohyun calmed herself and took a very deep breath.

“I’m sorry. I should tell you about this earlier. That man is Kyuhyun oppa, my boyfriend.” Seohyun wished that she not lying right now. She wished what she said was true.

“Then what do he do in here?” Yoona asked suspiciously.

“T-That b-because we live together.” Seohyun stuttered. When she saw Yoona about to explode, she added hurriedly.

“But we don’t do anything. He always sleep on couch in the living room. He slept in here before because I got a fever and he want to accompany me. But now I’m fine.” Yoona looked for lie in Seohyun eyes, but she didn’t find it. She only saw a love, a very huge love.

“Then, who is the other man?” Yoona asked calmly, she no longer angry.

“Oh, that’s Leeteuk oppa. Kyuhyun’s oppa friend. He took care of me for a while because Kyuhyun oppa went to buy some medicine for me.” Yoona took a deep breath before spoke. She can’t angry for a long time to her beloved cousin. She love Seohyun very much.

“Okey. I believe you, but I don’t believe him. Now you better get rest.” Yoona patted Seohyun’s shoulder lovingly and went out from the bedroom. When Seohyun called her, she turned around.

“Unnie, thank you. And please don’t say anything to him about our conversation just then. And one more, please don’t break his neck.” Seohyun pleaded with her puppy eyes. Yoona smiled and mouthed ‘I love you’ before went out from Seohyun’s bedroom. She then approached Leeteuk and Kyuhyun who sat on couch in the loving room.

“There is something I want to talk to you.” Yoona sat beside Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun nodded his head lazily.

“I warn you, take care of Seohyun and don’t ever dare to hurt her. If you do it, I’ll chase you and break your neck.” Yoona gave Kyuhyun a warning.

“I’ll leave. Say my goobye to her.” Yoona stood up and left the apartment. After heard it, Kyuhyun dumbfounded.

“Ahjussi, what’s that mean? I’m her guardian, of course I’ll protect her and it’s impossible I’ll hurt her. I don’t want to be punished by the Empire.” Kyuhyun confused. And Leeteuk just shrugged his  shoulders.

“I think I ever saw that kind of scene. When your father met your grandfather. The difference is he knew his feeling unlike you.” Kyuhyun dumbfounded and more confused after Leeteuk spoke.

***

 

After the day of Yoona’s attendance to Seohyun’s apartment, the next day passed peacefully. The day when they did their schedule as usual, except for Kyuhyun who daydreaming all the time. He always watched Seohyun who worked hard in Tiffany’s florist cheerfully through the café glass window. He busy watching her and not noticed the others started to .

“Seohyun is beautifull.” Kangin said while passed Kyuhyun who still locked his gaze towards Seohyun. He just smile after heard those words.

“She also kindhearted, innocent, polite and cheerfull.” Taeyeon said while passed Kyuhyun with different direction with Kangin. Kyuhyun only smiled.

“Her lips looks delicious. I want to kiss it.” This time Heechul said while passed Kyuhyun who stayed still in his position.

“Every man will fall for her.” Yesung’s turn now.

“Ah, I want to hug her and make her mine.” Ryeowook said this time.

“I’m a coward because all I can do is standing here while watching her from a far.” Leeteuk said right in his ears before walked away. Kyuhyun already pissed because of the others’ tease. He gave them who grinned to him death glare and about to scold them, but then Sungmin tapped him in shoulder and said.

“Just tell her your feeling.” Kyuhyun just dumbfounded.  The day already dark when Kyuhyun and Seohyun walked side by side after finished their part time job. Leeteuk didn’t show himself because he was helping Yesung to get free from clingy Ryeowook. Both of them chatted and joked around on the road, then suddenly rain fell hardly.

“Ah, why is it raining?” Seohyun said annoyed.

“Let’s go.” Kyuhyun grapped Seohyun’s wrist and dragged her to run, looking for place to avoid the rain. When they found bus stop, both of them already soaked.

“We’re soaked.” Seohyun said then looked at Kyuhyun who seemed busy with his thought. He thought about his own feeling and what his friends have told him before.

“Oppa, why you didn’ t use your magic and your spell? So we don’t have to be soaked like this.” Seohyun protested and pouted her lips. Kyuhyun didn’t answer, he just looked at Seohyun in her eyes. Then he dragged Seohyun back to the rain. Both of them standing face to face in the rain, no one dare to speak until Kyuhyun did.

“Because I want to do this.” After said that, Kyuhyun then leaned closer to Seohyun’s face. His lips touched Seohyun’s lips in gentle kiss. Kyuhyun kissed Seohyun in the rain. Seohyun widened her eyes on the sudden of Kyuhyun’s action. Her cheeks blushed and her heart beated uncontrollable. After a while, Kyuhyun parted their lips. He looked at Seohyun deeply in her eyes and said a magical words.

“I love you.” Heard those words, a happy tears started to flow from Seohyun’s eyes.

“Oppa?” Kyuhyun just smiled sweetly. Once again Kyuhyun leaned closer and kissed Seohyun softly and gently, but this time Seohyun closed her eyes and kissed Kyuhyun back, she hoped her answer sent to Kyuhyun through their kiss. Not far from their place, a white pigeon roosted in branch of a tree.

“Finally he knew his feeling toward that girl. Changmin-ah. He looked alike like you, right? So innocent. I hope you and Victoria will protect them from there. He deserve to be happy.”

***

 

At the same time that night. In a living room of old house at country side, can be seen some of people talk.

“I think the party should start soon.” A man said from his lazy chair.

“Tomorrow let’s invite them for the party.” That man laughed evilly, meanwhile the rest just nodded their head and smiled. From their eyes can be seen hatred and harshness.

***

 

That morning at his work room, Siwon the oracle was enjoying his morning by reading a newspaper. Sooyoung, his beautiful demons, accompanied and sat beside him. It was his routine to enjoy a cup of black coffe and a piece of waffle while reading a newspaper. Siwon just sipped his coffe and about to put the cup back to its place when a vision hit him. A terrible vision. He dropped the cup which fell and broke into many pieces. Sooyoung who knew about Siwon’s behavior became on guard.

“Siwon oppa, what do you see?”

“The battle will start soon. We have to tell the queen immediately.” Siwon stood up and went hurriedly with Sooyoung behind him. Meanwhile Lily’s florist visited by a group of high school students who confused with flower they have to buy.

“Aish, I don’t know what flower to buy.” A girl with long black hair grumbled and asked her friends who also confused. Seeing that scene, Seohyun just chuckled and decided to approach them.

“Can I help you?” Seohyun asked friendly.

“She want to buy some flowers to confess to a man she likes. But she doesn’t know the man’s favourite flower, we don’t know either.” A girl with cute face answered.

“So, you want to confess. I think a red rose will be a good choice.” Seohyun suggested.

“But will Kyuhyun oppa like it? I think he doesn’t like red rose.” A girl with curly hair said.

“Eh?” Seohyun surprised that Kyuhyun’s name was mentioned.

“Kyuhyun oppa. A man who work at Kim’s café across the road. Unnie don’t know him? He is tall, handsome and charming.” The curly hair girl added with admiration in her voice.

“Suzy will confess to him.” The cute girl said and pointed her friend who already blushed. Seohyun surprised more with the new information she got.

“B-but isn’t he already has a girlfriend?” Seohyun stuttered.

“Really? How do you know it?” The cute girl asked in high tone. She didn’t believe what she heard.

“M-my friend told me that they kissed in the rain yesterday and that man confessed his feeling toward  her.” Seohyun stuttered, her cheeks blushed remembering the scene which happened last night.

“Really? Does Kyuhyun oppa asked your friend to be his girlfriend?” This time the curly hair girl asked curiously.

“H-he didn’t asked her.” Seohyun said. She suddenly felt disappointed knowing the fact.

“It’s okey. Suzy, you still have a chance. Fighting.” A girl who remained silent before said in excitement. Then the girl named Suzy decided to follow Seohyun’s suggestion to buy the red rose. After paid the red rose to Tiffany at cashier desk, the girls left. Tiffany smiled while looking at Seohyun who busy with her thought and became gloomy. Then Seohyun tried to refresh her thought after the conversation earlier by watering flowers in front of the shop. When Seohyun busy watering the flowers, a group of girls passed by while chatted to each others.

“Ah, they are so handsome.” A girl with long brown hair said in excitement.

“You’re right. Nowadays, I always go to Kim’s café just to see them.” A girl with long red hair who walked at back said with admiration in her eyes.

“They are like idol group. Handsome, witty and talented.” A girl with short black hair who walked at front said.

“Kyuhyun oppa is the most handsome.” A girl who walked at front and at back screamed in unison. Heard Kyuhyun’s name was mentioned, Seohyun’s heart skipped a beat. Suddenly she worried that Kyuhyun might left her because he already has a lot of fangirls. Tiffany approached Seohyun who out of space and surprised her.

“Tsk..tsk.. You boyfriend is very popular. If you don’t take care of him, a lot of girls will happy to do it and steal him from you.” Tiffany . Seohyun’s face became more gloomy.

“Hahaha. I’m just kidding.” Tiffany laughed seeing Seohyun’s cute and innocent behavior.

“How about visiting your boyfriend? Besides it’s already lunch time and I’m hungry.” Tiffany closed her florist for a while and dragged Seohyun to Kim’s café. When they arrived near Kim’s café entrance, Tiffany seemed looking for something.

“Seohyun-ah, I thingk I forget to bring my wallet. You wait here, I’ll get it first.” Seohyun nodded and Tiffany ran across the road and went to the florist. Seohyun saw Tiffany just got in when a big red fire ball hit the florist and

BOOM..

The florist exploded and the fire started to burn it. Seohyun widened her eyes, surprised with what just happened.

“Fanny unnie!”