CHAPTER 7 : WORK AT KIM’S CAFE

SPELLS AND CONCOCTION

 

The next day at Seohyun’s apartement. Seohyun and Kyuhyun was having breakfast when the door bell rang. Kyuhyun gave a sign that he will opened the door since he already finished his food. He then stood up and walked to the door. When the door opened, Sungmin stood confidently with a bright purple gecko roosted in his shoulder. Sungmin smiled contentedly seeing Kyuhyun’s annoyed face.

“What do you want?” Kyuhyun asked coldly.

“Nothing, just want to ruin your beautiful morning.” Sungmin smiled mockingly. When Kyuhyun about to close the door, Sungmin immediately said.

“Wait. I have a letter for you from Siwon hyung, the oracle.” Sungmin gave Kyuhyun a piece of folded paper. Kyuhyun took it and read it immediately, his face showed worries. Sungmin who curious with the content of the letter tried to pep at.

“Kyuhyun oppa, let’s go.” Seohyun yelled from inside. She decided to call him and the rest of the men ‘oppa’ since last night after Kyuhyun .

“Oh, Sungmin oppa. Good morning.” Seohyun saw Sungmin when she arrived at the entrance. Leetek stood behind her. Kyuhyun put the letter from Siwon in his pocket. Leeteuk who saw what Kyuhyun did, gave him questioned look.

“Kyuhyun oppa, today I don’t have schedule at collage, so I will go to work at Tifanny unnie’s place. Sungmin oppa, do you like to come with us?” Seohyun offered Sungmin. Start from now Seohyun will always accompanied by Kyuhyun or Leeteuk or both of them no matter where she went or what she did, as the part of Kyuhyun’s mission.

“Sorry, but I have more important things to do than being a stalker.” Sungmin stole a glance at Kyuhyun who busy with his thought. Because he didn’t get any reaction as he wished from Kyuhyun, he bid good bye and teleported. Sungmin disappeared in front of Seohyun.

“Oppa, let’s go.” Seohyun, Kyuhyun and Leeteuk went to Seohyun’s work place by foot because it’s not too far from Seohyun’s apartement. They arrived in front of a florist, Lily’s Florist.

“Fany unnie.” Seohyun got in and greeted a woman with long red hair who busy with red rose bouquet.

“Seohyun-ie.” Tiffany hugged Seohyun lovingly as if she is her own sister. Tiffany’s eyes then looked at two men stood near the entrance. Tiffany released her hugged and asked suspiciously.

“Who are they? Why did you came with them?”

“Oh, that’s Kyuhyun oppa and Leeteuk oppa, my cousins.” Seohyun lied. Kyuhyun and Leeteuk bowed.

“I’m Tiffany Hwang, the owner of Lily’s Florist.” Tiffany bowed back and smiled sweetly. When Seohyun about to the back of the florist to change her clothes, Kyuhyun called her.

“Seohyun, Leeteuk and I will wait in café across the road. Don’t worry, we will watching you from there.” Seohyun nodded, a little disappointed because for some time Kyuhyun won’t be in her side. Then Kyuhyun and Leeteuk left the florist and went to the café across the road, Kim’s Café. When they got in the café, they surprised because Taeyeon was there in maid uniform.

“Welcome.” Taeyeon greeted them politely.

“Taeyeon-ah, what are you doing in here? You supposed to accompany Kangin, right?” Leeteuk asked.

“Oh, Leeteuk oppa. Kyuhyun oppa.” Taeyeon surprised too after saw Leeteuk and Kyuhyun.

“I’m accompanying Kangin oppa right now. The café is belong to Kangin oppa and his sister Hyohyeon. So start from today I work here while accompanying Kangin oppa.” Taeyeon explained.

“Oppa, sit down first.” Teayeon led them to table in the corner beside the window. After Kyuhyun and Leeteuk sat down, a women with long blonde hair approached them.

“Good afternoon, welcome to Kim’s Café. I’m Hyohyeon. What do you like to order?” That woman stood beside Taeyeon and asked politely. She ready with her notes.

“Hyohyeon, they are my friend and Kangin’s oppa friend too. Leeteuk oppa and Kyuhyun oppa.”  Taeyeon introduced both of them.

“Ah, I’m Kim Hyohyeon. Kangin oppa’s sister. Kangin oppa told me about you.” Hyohyeon bowed. Leeteuk and Kyuhyun bowed back.

“Two lemontea ice, please.”  Kyuhyun ordered. Hyohyeon wrote it in her notes and went to the kitchen. Not long after Hyohyeon got in, Kangin came out and walked to their table.

“Kangin oppa.”

“Just sit with them, there isn’t any customer yet.” Kangin ordered. Taeyeon sat beside Leeteuk while Kangin sat beside Kyuhyun.

“What’s bring both of you here?” Kangin started the conversation.

“Seohyun work at florist acrros the road, as part time worker. Ahjussi and I are waiting and watching her from here.” Kyuhyun answered and looked at florist acroos the road.

“Where is Heechul. Does he also work here?” Leeteuk asked a question he already knew the answer. As an answer for Leeteuk’s question, a grey cat walked closer and jumped to Taeyeon’s lap.

“As I tought. That peculiar and arrogant demon won’t do something like that.” Leeteuk said and Kyuhyun nodded his head in agreement. Then Hyohyeon came with two glasses of lemontea ice, served it and went back to the kitchen.

“He is annoying and useless demon.” Kangin looked at Heechul cat in dislike.

“Does your sister know about ‘us’?” Kyuhyun asked. Kangin shake his head and said.

“No, she doesn’t. And I want to keep her know nothing. So I asked your help to act and talk carefully about what you are.” Kangin warned them. They nodded their head in understanding. Suddenly heard a sound “Wush” and Yesung appeared. He then sat beside Kangin. Kangin still surprised by Yesung sudden appearance, although he tried to accept uncommon things happened lately because of that wizard things.

“Yesung-ah, are you alone? Where is Eunhyuk?” Leeteuk asked to Yesung.

“He is accompanying Donghae in Soshi Academy, a place where Donghae worked as dancing teacher.”

“Then why are you here?” Now Taeyeon asked.

“I’m tired to see him flirting on Donghae’s friend.” Yesung said in bored tone. Then heard another “Wush” sound, and Sungmin appeared with bright purple gecko roosted in his shoulder.

“Kwon BoA, right?” Sungmin said while sat beside Taeyeon.

“Who?” Taeyeon asked once again curiously.

“Donghae’s friend. We met her yesterday when Donghae picked her up. She also work at Soshi Academy, as singing teacher.” Yesung shrugged his shoulder.

“I have an idea.” Kangin spoke suddenly and got the attention from the rest.

“What idea?” Ryeowook appeared after “Plop” sound heard. He hugged Yesung from aside.

“How if all of you work for me?” Kangin let out his idea while the rest looked at him in disbelief and confused look.

“Kyuhyun and Leeteuk hyung can watch Seohyun while work at here, and Yesung hyung, Sungmin and Ryeowook can spend your free time by work here. I don’t push you, just do it when you want to do it.” Kangin finished his explanation.

“That’s right. Besides we can give the customer live performances. Kyuhyun oppa, Yesung oppa, and Ryeowook oppa can sing well, Leeteuk oppa can play piano and Sungmin oppa can play guitar.” Taeyeon clapped her hands in excitement. They were thinking for a moment. Ryeowook then asked.

“It’s not for free, isn’t it?” All eyes looked at Kangin. They waited for the answer.

“Of course not. I’ll pay you according what you have done.” Kangin answered.

“Deal.” After all of them agreed with the idea, Hyohyeon approached them with shock face.

“Kangin oppa, why do your friends fill our café? Where is the real customer?” Kangin just smiled.

***

 

The rest of the day spent by Kyuhyun, Leeteuk, Taeyeon, Sungmin, Ryeowook and Yesung with worked at Kangin’s café. Don’t asked about Heechul, he just lied on the cashier desk lazily in his favourite grey cat form. Kyuhyun not forgot to keep watching Seohyun, he even sent a message or called her to ask her condition. Yesterday he saved his number at Seohyun’s phone. It was already twilight, Lily’s florist got ready to close. After finished cleaning the store, Seohyun waited for Tiffany to lock the door before bid her goodbye. She crossed the road and headed to Kim’s café. When Seohyun about to get in the café, a black Mercedes stopped in front of the café. Eunhyuk and Donghae came out from that car.

“Oh, Seohyun.” Donghae greeted her. Seohyun just bowed her head. Then the three of them got into the café and welcomed by a beautiful song which sang by Kyuhyun, Ryeowook and Yesung. Leeteuk played the piano while Sungmin played the guitar. Taeyeon who saw Eunhyuk, Donghae and Seohyun waved her hand so they can approached her and sat on available table near the stage.

“What do you like to drink?” Taeyeon asked.

“Two moccacino and… What do you want to drink Seo?” Eunhyuk asked Seohyun.

“Green tea please.” Seohyun answered shortly, her eyes focused on Kyuhyun who sang on the stage. Taeyeon went to the kitchen after wrote their order. After a while, their order arrived and at the same time the performance was over. Kyuhyun, Leeteuk, Ryeowook, Yesung and Sungmin got down from the stage and walked to Seohyun’s table.

“Hey, how is our prince? After the second meeting with the soon to be princess.” Sungmin teased Eunhyuk, while the rest looked at him teasingly. Eunhyuk who sometimes become an innocent person blushed his cheeks. He remembered a girl he has known yesterday and he met her again today, Kwon BoA. A beautiful girl who expert in singing and dancing, she already caught the prince’s heart since the first time they met, when she walked to Donghae’s car cheerfully yesterday night.

“W-What do you mean?” Eunhyuk stuttered.

“Eunhyuk-ah, I can see flowers around your face.” Donghae also. After satisfied teasing Eunhyuk who falling in love, it was already night.

“Seohyun, do you want to go home now?” Kyuhyun asked Seohyun.

“Is it okey?” Seohyun asked hesitantly.

“It’s okey if you want to go home now. Start from today they work for me. But they’ll work if they want to, so there is no bound.” Kangin suddenly came with Taeyeon.

“Besides there is no many customer left and we will close soon.” Taeyeon added and nodded her head. Seohyun understand and gave Kyuhyun a sign to get ready.

“Okey, Seohyun and I will go home first.” Kyuhyun, Seohyun and Leeteuk bid goodbye. When they about to get out, Eunhyuk called them.

“I parked your car at parking lot in Seohyun’s apartement.” Kyuhyun nodded his head, then the three of them went, left behind the rest who still chatting. Seohyun and Leeteuk chatted while walked side by side. Kyuhyun walked a head as always. Suddenly Kyuhyun stopped and made Seohyun bumped his back.

“Oppa, what’s wrong?” Seohyun asked to Kyuhyun who became strained. Kyuhyun grabbed Seohyun’s wrist quickly and pull her closer. He stood in front of Seohyun, protecting her from everything that might happen. His eyes scanning his surroundings carefully. Leeteuk who stood behind Seohyun has same expression as Kyuhyun and also did the same. The atmosphere covered with fear in instant, but there was no something weird and dangerous. Everything seemed normal. But Kyuhyun and Leeteuk’ instinct said there was something or someone watching them.

“Ahjussi, check it.” After heard Kyuhyun’s order, Leeteuk went immediately. Kyuhyun hugged Seohyun’s shoulder, while Seohyun who is afraid hugged Kyuhyun back and put her head in Kyuhyun’s chest. After a while, Leetek back with worries in his eyes.

“I found trail of someone being teleported in alley across the street.” Kyuhyun nodded his head and said.

“Get ready and be alert.” Then Leeteuk transformed into sea eagle and flew above Kyuhyun and Seohyun who started to walk in silence. They arrived at Seohyun’s apartement safely without met any dangerous things.

“Get rest please.” Kyuhyun said in calmly. Seohyun nodded before asked worriedly.

“B-But oppa, what was that?” 

“Nothing, there is anything to worry about. Go to sleep.” Kyuhyun tried to convince Seohyun. After heard it, Seohyun felt safe and went to her room to get rest. At living room, Kyuhyun and Leeteuk talked about what was happen before.

“Kyuhyun-ah, I think there is someone watching us.” Leeteuk started.

“I think so. So it’s what Siwon hyung’s mean on his letter.”

“What letter?” Leeteuk asked curiously. Kyuhyun pull out a folded paper from his pocket and gave it to Leeteuk.

“It’s from this morning?” Kyuhyun just nodded. Leeteuk opened the paper which consist a few words.

 

Be carefull

                                                Siwon

 

“I think my old question will be answered soon. Why did they choose me for her.” That night Kyuhyun can’t sleep well while Leeteuk be on guard.

***

 

At the same time, in a old house at country side.

“Master, I found them. But the Empire already gave them guardians.” A girl with cold face and long blonde hair said to a man who sat on his lazy chair.

“As I thought.” The man smiled.

“Just let them for this time. When the time is come, we will kill them all. Isn’t right, Yunho?” The first man said to another man who stood beside him. His face is emotionless.

***

 

After that night incident, there was no weird and dangerous things happened as Kyuhyun’s thought before. Just a normal day with little annoyance, at least for Kyuhyun. A little annoyance such as Seohyun who almost to fall on campus stairs because of her heels, or Seohyun who stressed with her final task, or even a man named Jinwoon who confessed his feeling toward Seohyun in front of Kyuhyun and tried to date her. When it happen, Kyuhyun wanted to made him disappear with his own hand, but he didn’t know why. Since that time, Kyuhyun always in a bad mood when there was a man wanted to get close to Seohyun. Not exception his own friends such Eunhyuk, Donghae, Kangin and Sungmin who actually not his friend. And also the demons. Until that day came. That morning Seohyun was late to wake up. Her head felt heavy and dizzy. She felt cold in sunny day. Her body’s temperature was getting high and she felt weak. It’s almost a week since Seohyun busy with her research in  campus for her final task. Not only that, she also busy in her part time job at Lily’s Florist. Those Tiffany’s flower shop got so many orders. When went home, she still has to work on her collage’s task until midnight. She not allowed Kyuhyun to help her in her collage and her part time job, so he just watched and didn’t do anything.  With slow motion, she got ready and prepared the breakfast. After finished prepared the breakfast, she woke Kyuhyun up who still slept peacefully in couch at the living room. While Leeteuk went to ‘eat’ since last night.

“Oppa, wake up.” Seohyun shook Kyuhyun’s body slowly. Kyuhyun just moved his position a bit, with eyes still closed. Seohyun let out a sigh and tried again. She got closer and called Kyuhyun’s name right in his ear slowly. Felt a warm air in his ear and calling for his name in hoarse voice, Kyuhyun opened his eyes forcefully. Kyuhyun saw Seohyun’s pale face right in front of him, his cheeks blushed a little. Seohyun smiled and said.

“Oppa, please get ready. The breakfast is ready.” Seohyun stood up and her head got dizzy. She almost fell on the floor if Kyuhyun didn’t embrace her immediately.

“Are you okey? You look sick.” Kyuhyun looked at Seohyun’s pale face worriedly and felt her body temperature was getting higher.

“I’m fine, just little bit dizzy. It will disappear soon.” Seohyun released herself from Kyuhyun’s embrace and went to the kitchen. Kyuhyun just shrugged his shoulders and got ready. After finished, he went to the kitchen and surprised with what he saw. He saw Seohyun slept, her head on the table and she breath heavily. Kyuhyun touched Seohyun’s forehead with his back of his hand. Seohyun got fever. Not waiting any longer, Kyuhyun immediately carried Seohyun in his arms to her bedroom. He laid Seohyun on the bed and not forget covered her with blanket. Kyuhyun got his phone from his pocket and dialed Taeyeon’s number. After some minutes, Taeyeon answered it.

“Hello, Taeyeon-ah. Can I ask your help?”

Fine, what is it?

“Seohyun gets a fever. Can you make a concoction to cure her? You are better than me in concoction since at school.”

Hehehe. No need to compliment me. I’ll make it.

“Thanks, I’ll ask ahjussi to take it. He isn’t home yet since last night.”

Ah, Leeteuk oppa went with Heechul oppa. You know what they do if they are together right.” Taeyeon giggled.

“I know.” Kyuhyun gave understand face although Taeyeon can’t saw it.

“Thank you so much. Oo, can you make a porridge for her to?”

You can make it by yourself, right?” Taeyeon asked a question she already knew the answer.

“You want her to get poisoned.” Kyuhyun said in frighten.

Hahaha.” Taeyeon just laughed.

“Thanks Taeyeon-ah.” Kyuhyun ended the phone call. Then he went to the kitchen to get some ice for Seohyun. After he finished applied a compress on Seohyun’s forehead, Leeteuk appeared and stood at the door of Seohyun’s bedroom.

“What happen with her?” Leeteuk asked, concern on his face.

“She gets fever. Now go to Taeyeon’s place. I asked a concoction before, take it.” Kyuhyun said without moved his gaze from Seohyun who was sleeping. Worries clearly shown in Kyuhyun’s eyes. Without waiting any longer, Leeteuk teleported to Taeyeon’s place. But after one hour, Leeteuk didn’t comeback yet. Kyuhyun who was getting impatient decided to call Taeyeon.

“Taeyeon-ah, it’s already an hour. Why don’t Leeteuk comeback yet?” Kyuhyun sounded impatient.

“Oppa, I’m sorry. I’m running out tulip’s root and shark’s heart. So I asked Leeteuk oppa and Heechul oppa to find it first. It needs 2 hour to be done. I’m so sorry oppa.” Taeyeon felt guilty.

“It’s okey.” Kyuhyun ended the call. He thought he has to find a common medicine by his own for Seohyun.

“Seohyun-ah.” Kyuhyun called Seohyun slowly while caressed her cheek. Seohyun’s body temperature was geeting higher, she was sweating and breathing heavily.

“Seohyun-ah, I have to go for a moment to buy some medicine. If you need something, just call me immediately.” Kyuhyun informed Seohyun who opened her eyes and nodded slowly. She can’t thought clearly, her head felt really dizzy. When Kyuhyun about to leave, Seohyun’s handphone rang.

Gee..gee..gee..baby..baby..

Kyuhyun answered it, and he even didn’t has a chance to speak first before a very loud voice from a girl  hit his ear.

“Seobabyyy, I miss youuu.”

“I’m sorry, Seohyun is sleeping right now.” Kyuhyun spoke after the scream was over. Very hurtfull scream.

“Who..”

“I’m sorry, I have to go now.” Kyuhyun cut the question of the girl and ended the call. He thought if he left and bought the medicine faster, Seohyun will get better faster. When Kyuhyun about to leave the apartment, he stopped for sudden and mumbled a spell “Illusion”. Thin grey mist appeared from his palm and filled the room.

“I think this spell is enough to protect Seohyun for a while.” Then Kyuhyun half ran, leaving Seohyun’s apartment. On the other place, at side road near Seohyun’s apartement, a beautiful girl stood in confuse with her phone on her ear. A lot of thought came to her mind until a thought came deep inside her. A thought which can made her angry just by thought about it. But first she has to make it sure. With fast move, the beautiful girl with black hair until her shoulder headed to Seohyun’s apartement. Arrived in front of Seohyun’s door, the girl pressed the code to open the door without hesitant because she often came here. When she got in.

“Aaaarrrggghhh.”