CHAPTER 5 : A GROUP OF PECULIAR PEOPLE AND PECULIAR DEMONS

SPELLS AND CONCOCTION

“Oppaaaaaa.” A scream heard from inside, like something urgent was happening. Kyuhyun then touched the door and mumbled a spell, “Openen” The door opened. Leeteuk got in first, Kyuhyun and Seohyun followed behind. They walked to the kitchen and saw a short girl being hemmed between two men who were fighting.

“Kyuhyun oppa, Leeteuk oppa, please help me.” The short girl begged while trying to separate the two men.

“Taeyeon-ah, are you okey?” Kyuhyun asked while walked nearer to Taeyeon. Leeteuk already stood right in front of Taeyeon and the two men. Seohyun hid herself behind Kyuhyun’s back. Kyuhyun stopped 2 meters away from Taeyeon’s position, he took a breath before said a spell, “Draad.” Suddenly a light came out from Kyuhyun’s finger. The light formed itself into a rope and started to tie the muscular man who stood in Taeyeon’s right. The muscular man can’t move an inch. Kyuhyun then signaled Leeteuk to grap Taeyeon’s body to protect her while a red light came out again from Kyuhyun’s finger and with amazing speed moved and attacked the beautiful man who stood in Taeyeon’s left. That beautiful man screamed in pain. Seohyun who stood behind Kyuhyun shivered.

“Kyuhyun oppa, stop it.” Taeyeon who in Leeteuk’s embrace said in low tone. Then the red light disappear in an instant. The beautiful man fell in sit position, feeling his senses again. Leeteuk released Taeyeon from his embrace. Soon, Taeyeon approached the beautiful man who started to cry.

“Heechul oppa, are you okey?” Taeyeon asked worriedly.

“Hua..hua..hua.. It’s hurt Taeyeon-ah.” Heechul cried and hugged his master.

“Heechul-ah, stop acting. We won’t be tricked” Leeteuk yelled and hit Heechul’s head.

“Taeyeon-ah, you don’t need to worry. Kyuhyun used a light punishment. Heechul is a strong demons, besides you know he is good in acting.” Taeyeon actually knew about it, but she can helped herself for worrying her demons.

“Cih, I tought my acting is perfect.” Heechul stopped crying and stood up. His truly face revealed, sly face. Taeyeon just let out a deep sigh and stood up too.

“Taeyeon-ah, tell me what happen?” This time Kyuhyun asked calmly. Then he walked to couch in the living room, not forget to drag Seohyun with him. Leeteuk, Taeyeon and Heechul walked behind Kyuhyun. Before they left the kitchen, a voice called.

“Hey, release me first.” All of them turned to the owner of the voice. And they saw the muscular man still in his position, not moved.

“Oh, Kangin oppa. I’m sorry.” Taeyeon approached the muscular man and said a spell, “Frei.” Kangin free from the bound and all of them moved to the living room and sat on the couch. Taeyeon sat beside Seohyun, and both of them sat between Heechul and Kyuhyun. While Leeteuk and Kangin sat on the chair in front of them. Then Taeyeon started her story.

Flashback

“Oppa, there is no one in the apartement right now.” Taeyeon said to grey cat she was holding when she arrived at an apartement which supposed belong to ‘ungiven’ named Kim Youngwoon.

“What a mess.” Taeyeon let out a deep sigh when she looked at the apartement in front of her, as if there was a tornado messed up all the things. Taeyeon put her cat in the couch and started to clean the apartement. With her power, in short time the apartement became clean.

“Done.” Taeyeon said happily.

“Heechul oppa, are you hungry? I’m hungry, how about make jajangmyeon and galbi?” Taeyeon asked her cat. ‘Plop’ sound heard.

“Taeyeon-ah, you know I can’t eat it. Just do what do you want to do.” The grey cat transformed into beautiful man who sat on the couch. Taeyeon just smiled and went to the kitchen. After Taeyeon finished her cooking, she served it and sat on the dining chair.

“Heechul oppa, accompany me please.” Taeyeon called Heechul who walked to the kitchen after heard his master’s request.

“It looks delicious.” Heechul said in disgust. Taeyeon started to eat her food when the apartement’s door opened, showing a muscular man. He shocked because there are two strangers enjoying their foods in his dining table.

“Who are you?” He said in alert tone, his hand clenched.

“Oh, Youngwoon oppa, you are home.” Taeyeon said happily. She approached the man and dragged him to the dining table.

“I’ll explain later, now let’s eat first.” Taeyeon ate her food while Heechul played with his PSP. Kangin looked at the two strangers suspiciously before finally walked and sat on the dining chair. He ate his food which served in front of him by Taeyeon forcedly because he was starving. After the dinner, the three of them gathered in the living room. Taeyeon explained everything to Kangin, she explained that she is a wizard and why she is in Kangin’s apartement. After heard Taeyeon’s explanation, Kangin who didn’t believe it at all said.

“Prove it.”

“Okey.” Taeyeon said, then she mumbled a spell, “Hi.” A fire appeared and flying on her palm.

“Heechul oppa.” Taeyeon called her demons, signaling him. Heechul who understood the signal, transformed into a grey cat and the transformend back to his human form before disappeared from Kangin’s sight. Kangin shocked and unable to say words.

“Youngwoon oppa, do you believe now?” Taeyeon asked happily. Everything came back to normal, even Heechul sat beside Kangin at the moment. Kangin just nodded his head, still disbelief about what he was saw.

“Just call me Kangin.” Kangin said and Taeyeon nodded her head happily. At first they were awkward, but it didn’t need a long time, the three of them became close. Until the next morning, an accident or we can call it misunderstanding happened. From the kitchen Heechul screamed.

“Aaaarrrggghhh.” Taeyeon ran quickly, approached Heechul who stunned in his position.

“Oppa, what’s happen? Why are you screaming?”

“Taeyeon-ah, did you eat it?” Heechul asked suspiciously.

“Eh” Taeyeon dumbfounded, not understand what Heechul tried to say.

“The chocolate ice cream, I bought it just then. Did you eat it?” Heechul asked once again, looked at Taeyeon with his death glare.

“N-no.” Taeyeon stuttered. Heechul’s glare made her shivered in spite of she didn’t eat it for real. Then Kangin came in holding an ice cream stick in his hand.

“You?” Heechul yelled at Kangin. He then hit Kangin’s head. Kangin who not accept being hit by Heechul, hit Heechul’s head back. Fighting can’t be avoided. Taeyeon tried to separate them in desperate until she managed to grab her handphone and called Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun.

End of Flashback

“That’s the story. I called Eunhyuk oppa and Kyuhyun oppa to ask a help.” Taeyeon finished her story.

“Just it? It’s all because an ice cream?” Leeteuk yelled to Heechul in frustration

“Yah, you even can’t eat it.” Leeteuk about to hit Heechul when the doorbell rang. Ting..tong..

“I guess that’s Eunhyuk oppa.” Taeyeon ran to open the door. Three men can be seen stood up in front of Taeyeon. Then they followed Taeyeon entered the apartement and walked to the living room.

“Taeyeon-ah, what’s happen?” Eunhyuk asked when they arrived in the living room and joined with the rest.

“Actually it just simple thing. I bet Taeyeon can solve it by herself if she use her power just little.” Kyuhyun answered in annoyed tone while glaring at Heechul. Eunhyuk let out a sigh as understanding hit him. He knew the problem is caused by Heechul and as usual Taeyeon can’t control her demons.

“Kyuhyun-ah, you know how Taeyeon is. She doesn’t want to use her power to hurt anybody else, include her naughty demon. That why she chose to become a healer.” Eunhyuk looked at Taeyeon who bend her head down. Heechul then hugged her lovingly, smile never escape from his face.

“By the way, why do you come late? As the oldest among us and as the prince you should come first.” Kyuhyun, who pissed about the ‘accident’, looked at Eunhyuk who want to reply when “Ehem”, somebody cleared his throat to prevent the verbal battle between the two of them which will about to start. The sound came from one of the men who came with Eunhyuk. Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk decided to postpone their verbal battle.

“Because we gathered here, let’s introduce ourselves. Apparently start from now we will often meet each other.” The man said in his artistic voice wisely.

“I think what Yesung just said is true.” Leeteuk agreed with the man named Yesung.

“Okey, start from me. I’m Kim Taeyeon. I’m a healer. And he is my demons, Heechul, a fire demons from the north sky.” Taeyeon introduced herself and her demons, Heechul. A wings with spiraling upward can be seen in her right hand. And Heechul just let out his beautiful and charismatic smile.

“And the man who sit beside Leeteuk oppa is Kim Youngwoon or he prefer to be called Kangin.” Taeyeon pointed at Kangin who bowed his head.

“Next. I’m Lee Hyukjae, but more comfortable to be called Eunhyuk. I’m the prince of Wizardry Empire, so I responsible with all of you in here.” All of them just rolled their eyes, except Kangin, Donghae, Seohyun and Yesung after heard Eunhyuk’s statement.

“This is my demons, Yesung. A wind demons from south sky.” Eunhyuk patted Yesung’s shoulder.

“And this is Lee Donghae.” The mentioned man gave his smile which can melt women’s heart. Then, Eunhyuk looked at Kyuhyun as a sign to start his introduction. Kyuhyun then started lazily.

“I’m Cho Kyuhyun, and those ahjussi is my demons, Leeteuk. A light demons from west sky. And this is Seohyun.” Kyuhyun placed his arm around Seohyun’s shoulder which made her blushed. When Seohyun wanted to protest about Kyuhyun’s action, suddenly a pillow flew and hit Kangin’s head.

“Yah, what are you doing?” Kangin yelled at Heechul who threw the pillow.

“Give me back my ice cream.” Heechul yelled back at Kangin and Taeyeon busy to separate them once again. Ignored what is happening, Seohyun looked at Kyuhyun and continued her plan to protest him.

“Kyuhyun-ssi, my name is Joohyun, not Seohyun. And please take back your arm from my shoulder.” Seohyun said firmly and took away Kyuhyun’s arm from her shoulder.

“You like it or not, I will always call you Seohyun.” Kyuhyun said and placed his arm back to Seohyun’s shoulder. He even pulled her closer so their faces inches apart. Not only them who caught in verbal battle, Eunhyuk and Donghae also have their own verbal battle as well.

“Eunhyuk-ah, I’m tired. Massage my shoulder please.” Donghae faced his back toward Eunhyuk. Eunhyuk who lost his patience because since Donghae knew he have to help and protect him, Donghae always treated him as slave.

“Yah, Lee Donghae. I’m not your slave. You idiot.” Eunhyuk yelled at him. In short time, Kangin’s apartement became noisy because everyone yelled at each other. Except two people or we can called them two demons who remained silent and watched the scene from the corner with tired face.

“Yesung-ah, there is no something worse than this, right?” Leeteuk asked Yesung who stood beside him. Yesung nodded in agreement.

“Hello.” Suddenly a voice heard from behind them. They startled because of it. Then they turned their head to see the owner of the voice and when they knew the owner they started to scream.

“Aaaarrrggghhh.”