CHAPTER 20: THE WEDDING

SPELLS AND CONCOCTION

 “What? My what?” Seohyun didn’t have a time to come back to her sense and asked for an explanation because at that time three women got inside the dressing room.

 

“Yoona unnie? Song Grandma? Oe-Oemma?” Seohyun widened her eyes in surprise to see the three of them, especially her mother. Seohyun still dumbfounded when Yoona rushed and hugged her tightly.

“W-Why do you all in here?” Seohyun asked in confusion with Yoona still hugging her. She looked at Kyuhyun’s grandma with questioning look first before turned to her mother.

“Of course we come here to attend your wedding ceremony.” Yoona answered nonchalantly.

“Yah! Why do you get married first? I’m older than you.” Yoona hit Seohyun’s head lightly after she released her hug.

“I’m sorry.” Yoona just smiled at Seohyun’s apology.

“Joohyun-ah.”  Mrs. Seo then walked closer and replaced Yoona for hugging Seohyun. After a while she broke her hug and gave Kyuhyun’s grandma a chance to hug Seohyun too. Mrs. Seo then explained everything to her confused daughter.

“Joohyun-ah, today you will get married with the father of baby in your womb, Cho Kyuhyun.” Mrs. Seo started.

“Yesterday he came to our home and told everything to us, about you, about him, about what he is and about our grandchild. But the main reason he came to our home was asking for Appa and Oemma’s blessing. He wants to take you as his wife for now and forever.” Mrs. Seo gave a warm smile to Seohyun who started to cry in happiness while caressing her hands gently.

“Oemma.” Seohyun said between her sob.

“Of course at first we surprised to hear it. Your father even wanted to kill him right away. But he could convince us that he love you so much, how big his love for you. He also promises us that he will loves you forever and protects you even he has to sacrifice his own life. So we gave our blessing and now we are here to attend your wedding. And another reason we gave our blessing besides how much he loves you is we don’t want our grandchild borns without father.” Mrs. Seo finished her explanation with warm hug for Seohyun. Seohyun were crying even harder in her mother’s embrace.

“It’s okey. Now stop crying. We have to make over you as beauty as a princess for your special day. And I think my grandson or your soon to be husband doesn’t want to wait any longer, so we have to get ready now.” Kyuhyun’s grandma caressed Seohyun’s head lovingly. After those touching scene, they did some make up and not forgot to do their hair too. After an hour, Seohyun’s make up and hair was done, so did the others. They were doing some final touches when Mr. Seo got inside the dressing room and was amazed to see her daughter already turned into a goddess.

“Appa.” Seohyun yelled happily to see her father and then rushed to hug him.

“Joohyun-ah.” Mr. Seo hugged Seohyun back while caressing her back lovingly. After a few seconds, Mr. Seo released his hug and looked at Seohyun with stern face. His happy face because he could see his daughter again disappeared.

“Joohyun-ah. Appa is disappointed with you.” Mr. Seo said in anger tone mixed with disappointment.

“I-I’m s-sorry, Appa.” Seohyun bowed her head and apologized to her father with trembling voice.

“I know we done it in wrong way but we love each other with all our heart.” Seohyun braved herself to see her father eyes with her teary eyes. She said those words without any sign of hesitation or fear.

“I know.” Mr. Seo’s face and voice turned soft. All anger and disappointment that was seen before disappeared from his face. He cupped Seohyun’s face with one of his hand and looked at her eyes with full of love while saying.

“I can see it not only in his eyes yesterday but also today in your eyes. And I think that Cho man can make you happy and protect you. No, he has to.” Mr. Seo said in serious tone for his last sentence.

“Joohyun-ah, as father, I only hope for your happiness now and forever.” Mr. Seo wiped away Seohyun’s tears which already streaming down her cheeks with his tumbs. He then gave a lovely smile to his only daughter.

“Hey, stop crying or you will ruin your make up.” Seohyun chuckled because of her father’s comment.

“We have to go now. The ceremony will start soon. And now please let Appa hold your hands for the last time before I give it to that Cho man.” Mr. Seo offered his hands which were accepted by Seohyun willingly.

“Thank you, Appa.” Seohyun thanked her father still with teary eyes. And right after she said thank you to him, Mr. Seo led her out from dressing room. They went to the ceremony place with Mrs. Seo, Kyuhyun’s Grandma, Sunny, Taeyeon and Yoona followed behind. The ceremony held in one of palace’s garden which divided into two sections. First section on the right side was for the party. That section turned into a dance floor in the center with dining at its side. Second section on the left side was for the ceremony which Seohyun headed to. This section was full of people and demons she knew who sat on chairs in right and left side. She could see Leeteuk, Yesung, Heechul and the others who looking at her in happiness. Between those chairs, Seohyun was walking in the aisle slowly with her heart beat faster. And at the end of the aisle, Kyuhyun stood up under a flowers canopy as the wedding altar. He wore a white tuxedo with charming smile on his face. Seohyun startled at what would going happen today. She would marry Kyuhyun for real. Cho Kyuhyun, a stranger who came into her normal life and changed it with interesting adventure, not only full of fear and worries but also happiness and love. Cho Kyuhyun, a man who always stood next to her to protect and love her with all his heart. Cho Kyuhyun, a man who disappeared the day before and now he was standing there handsomely with huge surprise which she couldn’t even imagine before. He was waiting for her there with smile that never left his bright face. Seohyun came back from her daydream when Mr. Seo caressed her hand and led her to her future. While walking in the aisle, Seohyun never turned her gaze from Kyuhyun. So did Kyuhyun who looked at Seohyun in amazed and full of love. Finally Seohyun and Mr. Seo arrived at the altar and stood in front of Kyuhyun.

 

“Before I give Seohyun to you, I want to do something.” Mr. Seo said to Kyuhyun while still holding Seohyun’s hand. Then.

Bugh.

Everyone in there surprised, including Seohyun and Kyuhyun himself, when suddenly Mr. Seo punched Kyuhyun’s face.

“That’s for the fact that you made my daughter pregnant before you marry her.” Mr. Seo said to Kyuhyun calmly which made Kyuhyun smiled while caressing his cheek. Kyuhyun then bowed and thanked to Mr. Seo.

“Thank you very much.” Mr. Seo then gave Seohyun’s hand to Kyuhyun who accepted it happily.

“I gave my daughter to you. Take a good care of her and her baby.”

“I will. I promise you.” Kyuhyun answered undoubtfully. Mr. Seo then went away and sat beside his wife. After Mr. Seo left, Seohyun cupped Kyuhyun’s face with one of her hand, caressing his injury cheek with her tumb.

“Oppa, are you okey?”

“I’m fine. We better start the ceremony now, Siwon hyung is waiting.” Kyuhyun said while peeking at smiling Siwon who stood in front of them. Today Siwon took a role as a priest who would tie them as husband and wife.

“Can we start now?” Siwon asked which answered with nod by Kyuhyun and Seohyun. Siwon then started the wedding ceremony and led it solemnly. Kyuhyun and Seohyun said their vow to love each other forever until death separate them apart. The wedding ceremony ended with a gentle and full of love kiss between Kyuhyun and Seohyun. And as soon as the ceremony ended, the party to celebrate it was held. Yesung, Ryeowook, Heechul, Henry and Amber were dancing crazily at dancing floor. Yesung performed his famous octopus dance while Ryeowook performed his famous gollum dance. Heechul, Henry and Amber who didn’t want to lose, also performed their own antique dance. Taeyeon, Sungmin and Taemin were enjoying the food at the side while having a little conversation. Actually what was happening was Taeyeon was having verbal battle with Sungmin and Taemin took a role as an arbiter.

“Girl shouldn’t eat that much.” Sungmin said while pointing at Taeyeon’s plate which made him got deathly glare from Taeyeon.

“Ah, I forget. You aren’t a girl.” Sungmin said again sarcastically.

“Can you just shut your dirty mouth up! Did you forget that I treated you when you lost your left arm? You should thank me and act nicely to me.” Taeyeon burst in anger.

“You did it as if I couldn’t take care of myself, huh! Oh anyway, thank you.” Sungmin kept making Taeyeon pissed, even with his thank you.

“You! I wish Kyuhyun oppa didn’t help you back then when you tried to call your first demon. How I wish you die at that moment.” Taeyeon attacked Sungmin with her sarcastic words which made Sungmin boiled in anger.

“Noona. Hyung. Stop. Please stop fighting.” Taemin said desperately between Taeyeon and Sungmin’s argument. On the other side of the party, Kyuhyun’s grandparent sat together with Seohyun’s parent. They also had a little conversation. Or we could say that Kyuhyun’s grandpa was saying sorry to Seohyun’s parents because Kyuhyun made Seohyun pregnant before they got married.

“I’m sorry to bring such a trouble to your family.” Kyuhyun’s grandpa apologized.

“It’s okey. The most important now is their happiness.” Mrs. Seo said while peeking a little at Kyuhyun and Seohyun who cuddling to each other on their seat.

 “Yes. My wife is right. Besides we are a family now.” Mr. Seo added, supporting his wife.

“But still, it happened when they lived together with us. I should watch my grandson better.” Kyuhyun’s grandpa said full of regret.

“Honey, a-actually I knew they did it. I-I saw Kyuhyun came out from Seohyun’s room with messy hair that morning.” Kyuhyun’s grandma spoke in lower tone. She said her secret to her husband fearly.

“What? You knew it. And you don’t tell me anything?” Kyuhyun’s grandpa yelled in surprised to Kyuhyun’s grandma who remained silent while Seohyun’s parent dumbfounded.

“That’s why you always gave Seohyun nutricious food and also asked her to drink that medicine for pregnant woman?” A realization hit Kyuhyun’s grandpa.

“Y-Yes. But honey, please don’t angry to me. I just want to have a grand grand child.” Kyuhyun’s grandma said innocently.

Leeteuk, Siwon and Sooyoung did the same too. They also had a little conversation or we could say that Leeteuk and Sooyoung were bullying Siwon.

“Siwon-ie, is your vision get better? Can you see Kyuhyun’s future?” Leeteuk asked curiously. But Siwon shook his head sadly.

“Are you sure? Where does your power go?” Leeteuk asked sarcastically.

“It’s because Siwon oppa is getting old. He becomes weak and ugly day by day.” Sooyoung said nonchalantly.

“Yah, Sooyoung-ie. How could you say those things to me? It hurts to hear that words come out from your mouth.” Siwon’s face turned sad. His eyes even got teary too.

“Woah, Sooyoung-ah. You change. You’re always proud being Siwon’s demon back then. You always talked about how handsome and how strong Siwon is. Now you dump him.” Leeteuk commented while clapping his hands happily.

“Yes, I’m.” Sooyoung said frankly. She ignored Siwon who was ready to cry beside her.

“How could you? How could you?” Siwon said in sadness while looking at Sooyoung in disbelief. He was exaggerated by acting like a girl who was dumped by her boyfriend because she wasn’t good enough, just like in melodramatic drama. He was hurt because of Sooyoung’s betrayal, that’s his eyes were saying.

“I just say the truth.” Sooyoung answered shortly before she left Siwon and Leeteuk to join Heechul and the others in dance floor. A similar condition also happened to Sunny and BoA who had a little conversation about Lee Hyukjae a.k.a Eunhyuk. They bullied Eunhyuk in their conversation while he wasn’t there near them. Sometimes both of them would laugh while peeking at Eunhyuk.

“Why do you accept my brother as your boyfriend? You know his face isn’t good enough, right?” Sunny asked BoA curiously.

“I’m sorry to say it about your brother but yes, you’re right. He isn’t good looking. He’s also not smart enough. And his ertness, Oh My God, it’s too much.” BoA let out her feeling to Sunny.

“Hahaha. What a pity. You don’t know him well, he is worse than you thought. Sometimes I’m as his sister can’t stand with his behavior.” Sunny told BoA about her feeling too.

“Really? Hahaha.” BoA laughed along with Sunny before she said.

“But he has a charm, especially when he is dancing. He’s very kind person too. So I couldn’t say no when he asked me to be his girlfriend.” BoA said admiringly while looking at Eunhyuk with love in her eyes. Not far for Sunny and BoA’s place, Donghae was sitting next to Yoona. He was trying to get Yoona’s heart, the girl who stole his heart.

“Y-Yoona-ssi, you look beautiful today. I-I mean you always look beautiful every day of course, b-but.” Donghae stuttered and couldn’t finish his words. He even couldn’t see Yoona’s eyes when he spoke.

“Thank you.” Yoona thanked him shyly with blushing cheeks.

“T-The party is great, isn’t it?” Donghae was trying really hard to make their conversation longer.

“Yes. It’s great. Everybody seems has a lot of fun.” Yoona said while looking at Heechul and the others on the dance floor. Donghae then followed Yoona’s gaze and looked at them who were going crazier than before.

“If only Hyohyeon is in here. That will be great. She is a good dancer, very good dancer. She is also good at cooking.” Donghae talked about Hyohyeon to Yoona without looking at her face which turned sour. Yoona then stood up and left Donghae alone dumbfounded. He didn’t know the rule that talking about another girl wasn’t good way to steal a girl’s heart. Now back to the main cast of the party. Seohyun was leaning her head on Kyuhyun’s shoulder. She missed him a lot. But suddenly she stood up, and when she was about to leave, Kyuhyun prevented her and asked.

“Seohyun-ah, where are you going?”

“I want to join Heechul oppa and the others on the dance floor. Are you coming with me?” Seohyun asked Kyuhyun and pulled his hand lightly.

“What if, both of us just sit here while watching them going crazy?” Kyuhyun suggested.

“Oppa, it’s not fun just watching them. If you’re not going, then I’ll go by myself.” Seohyun released Kyuhyun’s grip on her hand only to be grabbed by Kyuhyun again.

“Yah! What about me? Do you want to leave me alone?” Kyuhyun insisted Seohyun to stay beside him.

“Oppa, you have the rest of my live to be with you. So please let me have some fun with my friends today.” Seohyun begged cutely. Kyuhyun then released his grip with heavy heart. He kept watching Seohyun walked away, leaving him behind. He looked at her with clear sadness in his eyes, as if he wouldn’t see her again. Not far from Kyuhyun’s place, Eunhyuk was leaning on a big tree while watching Kyuhyun with mixed feeling, sadness, sympathy, thankfulness, even an annoyance. Eunhyuk remembered what happened the night after the emergency meeting was held.

Flashback

Eunhyuk was sitting on his desk work next to his bedroom that night. He was thinking and looking for an answer to solve all problems when Kyuhyun suddenly appeared in front of him with Leeteuk behind him. Kyuhyun’s expression was stiff and unreadable. But Eunhyuk could catch bravery and sacrifice in his eyes.

“Hyung, I need your help.” Kyuhyun spoke right away when he arrived there.

“Hey, relax. How about you take a sit first? By the way, what is it until you come and see me in the middle of night? Don’t tell me you want to seduce and touch me.” Eunhyuk took a pose like a who was about to be touched by man for the first time. Eunhyuk purposely joked even though he could guess what Kyuhyun’s want. Kyuhyun then sat in front of Eunhyuk while Leeteuk kept standing behind him with sad face. Kyuhyun ignored Eunhyuk’s joke and spoke seriously.

“Hyung, I want you to protect Seohyun for me.”

“Of course I will protect her, not only her but also all people in this world. You don’t need to ask it.” Eunhyuk said nonchalantly.

“I want you not to take ‘Stone of Life’ from Seohyun’s body until I come back.” Kyuhyun begged to Eunhyuk while looking at Eunhyuk’s eyes deeply.

“Where are you going?” Eunhyuk actually could guess Kyuhyun’s plan and he disliked it. He was afraid his worst thought would happen. And when it happened, he would put everyone in danger.

“I’ll go to demons world and ask ‘Hipno’ to lend his power to me.” Kyuhyun said without any sign of hesitation.

“No. I prohibit you to go.” Eunhyuk said sternly, his face turned stiff.

“Although you prohibit me, I’ll keep going.” Kyuhyun insisted.

“Then I can’t guarantee Seohyun’s safety.” Eunhyuk kept at his decision.

“Hyung! Please, I’m begging you. This is the first time I’m begging you since we know each other. So, please.” Kyuhyun begged. He even kneeled down in front of Eunhyuk. Silence covered them for a moment before Eunhyuk spoke.

“The risk is too high. I will put everyone in danger if I agree with your plan, if your plan failed. You know it right.”

“Hyung.” Kyuhyun looked at Eunhyuk’s eyes with full of hope. And finally Eunhyuk agreed.

“Okey.” Eunhyuk knew it would happen because he knew Kyuhyun very well. Sadness and worries appeared in Eunhyuk’s face.

“When will you go?” Eunhyuk then asked.

“About that, I want to ask another help from you.” Kyuhyun said it shyly with blushing cheeks. It made Eunhyuk furrowed his eyebrow curiously.

“Before I go, I want to get married with Seohyun. And I ask your help to prepare everything.” Kyuhyun’s face got redder. He even bowed his head to hide his blushing cheeks. Eunhyuk just smiled teasingly before said.

“Don’t worry. I’ll ask Sunny noona and Taeyeon to handle it.” Eunhyuk tapped Kyuhyun’s shoulder as if he said ‘everything would be alright, just watch’.

“Hyung, one more thing.” Kyuhyun said shyly even shier then before. And it only made Eunhyuk’s curiousity raised up for second time.

“Accompany me to meet Seohyun’s parent.” Could be seen a little fear and worries in Kyuhyun’s face when he said it. Silence for a moment before Eunhyuk burst in laughter.

“Hahaha. Woa. The great Cho Kyuhyun is afraid to meet his in law. Hahaha.” And that night ended with Eunhyuk kept teasing Kyuhyun.

End of Flashback

Eunhyuk then turned his gaze toward Seohyun. He felt sorry for her about what would happen. After this happy day, she would be left by the person she loved most, with big possibility that he won’t come back again.

***

 

At night, Kyuhyun and Seohyun were liying in their bed after that crazy party. Actually after the wedding ceremony ended, the following party was going normal as common party before it turned to crazy party which full of screaming, laughing, singing, dancing, drinking etc., thanks to Heechul, Yesung, Taeyeon and Kyuhyun himself.

“Oppa, thanks for everything.” Seohyun hugged Kyuhyun tightly while leaning her head on Kyuhyun’s arm.

“Never mind.” Kyuhyun kissed Seohyun’s forehead lightly and hugged her back.

“Now go to sleep. You must be tired after that crazy party. Do you want me to sing a lullaby for you?” Kyuhyun offered and got a nod as answer from Seohyun. Kyuhyun then started singing a lullaby which made Seohyun cuddled to his chest even more. Kyuhyun then hugged her more tightly while kept singing. He also caressed her head and sometimes kissed the top of her head. It was almost an hour after Kyuhyun stopped singing for Seohyun who seemed to fall asleep in his embrace.

“Seohyun-ah.” Kyuhyun took a deep breath and called Seohyun in whisper. Because Seohyun didn’t reply, Kyuhyun assumed that Seohyun was already asleep. Kyuhyun then closed his eyes and hugged Seohyun more tightly. Tears were streaming down in his cheeks. He released his hug and looked at Seohyun’s sleeping face while caressing her cheek lightly.

“Seohyun-ah, I’m so sorry. I have to go and leave you alone with Jookyu. But I promise you to comeback again.” Now his tears were streaming down hardly.

“I know it will be very hard and hurtfull for you if the worst happen and I can’t comeback. So I’ll erase all about me from your memory. I’ll make you forget everything about me, my name, my face, my voice, everything.” His tears couldn’t stop streaming down anymore. He even tried to muffle his cry but he failed. He cried even more when he mumbled the spell ‘Vergetten’ to modify Seohyun’s memory and made her forgot about him. After he uttered the spell, Kyuhyun then leaned closer to Seohyun’s belly and whispered.

“Jookyu-ah, please take care of your mommy when daddy is gone. Please do it for daddy.” After whispered it he kissed Seohyun’s belly as if he kissed their baby. Kyuhyun then leaned closer to Seohyun’s face to give her a goodbye kiss, a bittersweet kiss in her lips. But there were something that Kyuhyun didnn’t notice. What Kyuhyun didn’t notice was there was a thin haze which covered Seohyun’s body when he uttered the spell. And the thin haze disappeared when Kyuhyun kissed Seohyun’s belly. Kyuhyun also didn’t notice a tear dropped from Seohyun’s closed eyes right after he kissed her lips. After Kyuhyun kissed Seohyun, he then lifted Seohyun’s body and brought her in his arms.

“’Neru’. Sleep tightly until the war finish and somebody wake you up.” Kyuhyun mumbled a spell again while walking to a room in one of palace’s tower where Leeteuk, Eunhyuk and Yesung were waiting for him. When he arrived there, Kyuhyun laid Seohyun on the bed in that room before approached Leeteuk, Eunhyuk and Yesung who stood near the window. But he didn’t forget to kiss Seohyun again gently.

“Kyuhyun-ah, are you sure?” Yesung asked for the last time before Kyuhyun did his plan. Kyuhyun only nodded his head and signaled Leeteuk to open the gate. With Yesung help, Leeteuk opened the gate to demons world. Suddenly in the air appeared an unbase black hole. It was dark and scary, made everyone thought about their worst nightmare. From that black hole could be heard sounds of scream, spooky and scary scream which stabbed your heart when you heard it. After the gate to demons world completely open, Leeteuk then walked closer to the black hole and stopped before he got inside. He was waiting for Kyuhyun. Leeteuk then turned his head to Kyuhyun and signaled him to go inside. Kyuhyun who understood the signal, walking a step forward before stopped and looked at Eunhyuk.

“Hyung, please take care of Seohyun and our baby.”

“I know.” Eunhyuk answered shortly without eve looking at Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun then walked again, and when he was one step more to enter the black hole, Eunhyuk called him.

“Kyuhyun-ah.” Kyuhyun who was called by Eunhyuk turned his head and then.

Bugh.

Eunhyuk suddenly punched Kyuhyun’s face with his fist. After being punched, Kyuhyun just looked at Eunhyuk with questioning look and confusion while caressing his cheek.

“If you want to take revenge to me for that punch, make sure you come back here.” Eunhyuk said distinctly. Kyuhyun who understood with what Eunhyuk’s truly mean, just smiled and nodded his head before walked inside the black hole with Leeteuk followed behind. The black hole then disappeared from sight right after Kyuhyun and Leeteuk got inside. Leaving Eunhyuk, Yesung, and all people in human world behind. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS: The pictures credited to its owner. I don't own the pictures. I borrow it from internet. ^^

ThanKyu Seomuch. <3