Tension

The Lovely Bones of Henry Lau

Last Time

He whipped out his phone, fingers instinctively dialing the Chinese’s number. Pressing the phone to his ear he waited for someone to pick up. Each second that went by he uttered a small prayer, begging for Zhou Mi to be alright.

‘Hello, you have reached Zhou Mi’

 Leeteuk was about to reply when the message continued.

‘I am currently unable to come to the phone right now, please leave your name and number and I’ll make sure to call you back!”

 

The next thing he knew his phone made contact with the wall across the room, falling to the floor with a thud.

“DAMN IT!”


Currently

December 6’Th, 1:30 pm

 

Chaos had since taken over Super Junior’s dorm. By now, the rest of the members had gathered on the 12’Th floor. Everyone was anxious, worried and scared. First Henry was taken, and now Zhou Mi was missing.

Was someone out to get them?

Were any of them safe anymore?

Why exactly was this happening?

“Damn it! Why won’t he pick up?” The once calm leader was now a dishevelled mess. His fingers glided swiftly over the keys on his phone, but once again, only the answering machine met his ears.

The rest of Super Junior could do nothing, but watch as Leeteuk stormed around the dorm, uttering profanities. Of course, no one dared stop him; most of them too absorbed in their own thoughts to do anything at all.

By now Ryeowook had burst into tears, along with Eunhyuk.  Heechul looked close to losing it as well, anxiously pacing the entrance hallway, occasionally pausing to check the time; every once in a while the odd whispered word left his mouth.

Sungmin sat in the corner of the living room, his knees drawn up to his chest as he watched his band mates slowly lose it.  He couldn’t believe this was happening. Just yesterday morning they had all been gathered around the breakfast table, telling jokes, laughing. Everything had been fine, now it seemed as if nothing would ever be ‘fine’ again.

Sungmin couldn’t help the small jump of fright he gave as Leeteuk slammed his hands down on the coffee table.

“That’s it, I’m calling the police!” Leeteuk was close to hysterics by now; guilt had wormed its way into his chest until it felt like any moment he would go insane.

How could they have forgotten about the young Chinese man?

How could he have forgotten?

He was supposed to be the leader, but at the moment, he felt like such a failure.  Henry was gone and Zhou Mi was also missing, everyone was so close to breaking down, and he wasn’t much better off. He kept telling himself to be strong, to not show the rest of the members just how truly terrified he really was, but as the minutes ticked on, he was this close to losing it.

He just didn’t think he could keep this up much longer.

He wished he could help. So badly he wished he could stop his Dongsaeng’s tears, to stop the worries that echoed through their heads. He wished more than anything he could bring Henry back safe and sound, but at the moment, he didn’t even know if he could stop himself from breaking down, much less do anything else. Never in his life had he felt so useless.

He jumped at the sound of a door being opened, his hand froze; he had only been a second away from calling the police. Instantly Leeteuk shot to his feet, rushing to the front door.

-Slap-

He froze at the entrance to the hallway, taking in the scene before him.  Zhou Mi stood in the doorway, his eyes opened wide with shock, and his hands cradling his swollen, red cheek.

 In front of Zhou Mi stood Heechul, his eye’s narrowed, and his hand still poised in midair. He looked absolutely livid.

A second later Heechul had Zhou Mi against the wall, his hand grabbing at the collar of the younger man’s shirt. Zhou Mi could do nothing but stare, mouth agape, into the livid face of Super Juniors resident diva, which was only centimeters away from his own.

“Where the have you been?” Heechul swore, his voice as cold as his current expression.

Zhou Mi was shocked, never in all the years he had known Heechul, had he seen the man so angry, especially not at him. “I-I-I was out drinking with a-a couple of f-friends…” He stuttered, unable to do anything else.  Zhou Mi jumped as Heechul's fist collided with the wall beside him, mere inches from his head.

Leeteuk didn’t move, still shocked to see Zhou Mi perfectly alive and well. He couldn’t help but also feel a bit angered at the younger member. Here they all were, practically going up the wall with worry, and he had been out drinking off all things.

“Well I’m glad to know you had a right good ing time, well the rest of us were here going out of our minds with worry!” Heechul spat, as if reading Leeteuk’s mind.

It was only then that Zhou Mi turned his head and saw the rest of Super Junior at the end of the hallway; almost all of them look like they hadn’t gotten a proper night’s rest and some looked as if they had been crying. Fear rapidly overcame him; something had obviously happened.

“What’s wrong? What happened?” Zhou Mi asked hesitantly. He was unprepared as a look of pure anger took over Heechul’s features.

“I’ll have you know, that well you were out drinking,” Heechul made sure to put extra emphasis on the word; He still couldn’t believe he had thought something bad had actually happened to Zhou Mi. “-Henry was kidnapped and tortured. Who knows,  he could be dead for all we know! So I hope you had a good time, you ing !”

Leeteuk decided it was time to intervene, and quickly stepped forward, placing a hand on the livid male’s shoulder. Heechul sent him a glare, before releasing his hold on Zhou Mi’s shirt and stalking off. A second later the sound of a bedroom door slamming shut echoed throughout the dorm for the third time in the past 24 hours.

Leeteuk turned his gaze to Zhou Mi, who slid down the wall until he hit the ground, his head was lowered so his bangs covered his face. “I-I’m sorry….I-I-I didn’t k-know…”He whispered, his voice breaking, obviously still in shock from the news he had just received.

“It’s okay, you couldn’t possibly have known.” Leeteuk tried his best to sound reassuring, but even he couldn’t stop the slight shake in his voice. “Just ignore Heechul, he was just worried that something had happened to you as well…”

Zhou Mi nodded, but made no move to get up from his spot on the ground.

Leeteuk sighed. He seemed to be doing that a lot these days. “You should have a shower, we’re heading down to the police station in an hour,”

The rest of Super Junior seemed to disperse as Zhou Mi headed towards the bathroom, leaving Leeteuk alone in the hallway.


December 6’Th, 2:30 pm

 

The card ride to the police station was horribly awkward. Tension hung in the air, until Sungmin thought he would suffocate in it. So far he had managed to keep it together; not once had he broken down or cried since the phone call the night before.

All night he had lain in bed, thoughts of the young Canadian echoing through his head.  There was no doubt in his mind he hadn’t been the only one though. Across the room, he had listened to Kyuhyun’s soft sobs for the first few hours, not that Kyuhyun would ever admit to such a thing though; the great, almighty, evil-maknae Kyuhyun, crying? Never.

Staring out the car window, thoughts of Henry once again invaded his head. He remembered the first time he had met Henry; the young Canadian had looked so lost and confused as he stared at the 13 men in front of him. At the time, his Korean had still needed a lot of work, so for the first few months he stayed pretty quiet, rarely speaking up or voicing his thoughts. Of course, the rest of Super Junior had found the Canadian absolutely adorable.  Eventually Henry began to open up and slowly, but surely, he became part of the family.


December 6’Th, 3:00 pm

 

“We’re here,” Kangin’s voice broke through Sungmin’s thoughts as he hopped out of the car, the rest of Super Junior following. Sungmin let his eye’s travel to the Police station in front of him. He couldn’t supress the shiver that ran up his spine; never had a building looked so intimidating before.

He jumped as someone placed a hand on his shoulder, and turned to stare at Eunhyuk, who smiled encouragingly at him. “Let’s go get this over with,” Eunhyuk murmured.

Sungmin nodded, and before he could protest, he was being ushered into the building, his Hyung’s and Dongsaeng’s following right beside him.


A/N

I really, really, really want to thank all the people that subscribed and commented on this story. I really appreciate it~ Thank you so much!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, I made sure it was a bit longer than the last one.