Distorted

The Lovely Bones of Henry Lau

 December 5, 7:00 pm

 

“Don’t talk to strangers!”

“I know.”

“Remember to look both ways before crossing the street.”

I know!”

“You have my number in case anything happens, right?”

“Hyung, I’m not a child,” Henry protested, glaring up at Leeteuk, who only shook his head at the younger male. Laughter could be heard from the surrounding Super Junior members in the dorm.

“Fine, but make sure you’re home before 10,” Leeteuk warned, voice firm. “We have an early schedule tomorrow.”

“Can I go now Hyung?” Henry asked, bouncing on the balls of his feet.

“I guess so,” Before Leeteuk could get out another word, Henry was already opening the door and rushing out into the hall. “Remember what I said!” Leeteuk called out after him, only to receive a quick wave in return before Henry had rounded the corner.

“One of these days,” He muttered under his breath, shutting the door and taking a seat on the couch.

...

December 5, 9:00 pm

It was a cold, winter night in the city of Seoul.  Despite this, the spirits of the city’s occupants hardly seemed to diminish.  Brightly coloured lights could be seen on almost every house and shop as their owners prepared for Christmas, which would arrive in less than three weeks. Festive music could be heard throughout the streets, along with the joyful voices of not only children, but adults as well.  Shoppers rushed to and fro down heavily crowded sidewalks, searching for those perfect gifts for their loved ones.  It was truly a sight to behold.

In the middle of all the commotion, stood Henry, adorned in a big, red winter jacket wrapped tightly around his frame. Countless bags lined his arms as he moved from shop to shop. This was the first night in weeks, and would probably be his last before Christmas, where he actually had a bit of free time to himself. 

He had decided however, that this would be the perfect time to buy his gifts for the other members. He was almost done too. The only person he had yet to find a gift for was Yesung.

He truly enjoyed shopping for the other members. It was nice knowing he was doing something for the people he considered his second family. Especially after all they had done for him.

After looking around a couple more shops, he finally found something he thought Yesung would enjoy, and after purchasing the object, decided it was almost time to head back to the dorms. However, before he could head home, he had one more stop to make. 

Ten minutes later, he could be seen exiting one last shop, before he began making his way back to the dorms with around 4 bags containing neatly wrapped boxes.

“Ah, Henry?!” A voice called out, causing Henry to stop in his tracks and glance around.  A second later, he caught sight of a person waving him over and his eyes widened in recognition.

“Ah, Hyung, what are you doing here?” He asked rushing over.

“I could ask you the same thing, it’s late and you have a schedule early tomorrow,” The man scolded.

 Henry glanced sheepishly down at his feet, rubbing the back of his head. “I was actually just grabbing Christmas presents for the rest of the members, I’m just heading back now.”

The man seemed to eye the gifts in Henry’s hand for a second before nodding in approval. “Well then, if that’s the case, I might as well give you a ride back to the dorm.”

 “Really? Thanks!” Henry exclaimed, relieved he wouldn’t have to walk the rest of the way. After hopping into the passenger seat of the car, he relaxed a bit.

Leaning back into in his seat, he turned his head to watch the swiftly passing scenery as the car moved onto the highway.  It felt nice to be able to relax, even if only for a few minutes.

He didn’t realise he had been falling asleep until a couple minutes later when he was jerked out of his daze. He once again let his eyes travel over the scenery, and onto the fading lights of the city.

Wait.

Fading lights?

Without warning,  the car pulled into an abandoned parking lot and he was lurched forward as the breaks were slammed down upon.

He froze.

‘Where are we?’ He thought, frowning as his eyebrows knotted together in confusion.  He was about to turn around when suddenly a cloth was placed over his mouth, muffling his shouts that instantly followed.

His hands reflexively flew to the cloth which was held over his mouth, but the man’s grip remained firm.  He would have kicked, but in the cramped space of the car, that was impossible. The only thing he was able to do was dig his nails into the back of the guy’s hand until a wave of dizziness settled over him and the world around him faded to black.

...

 December 5’Th, 9:30 pm

Leeteuk adjusted his position on the couch once again, earning him glare from Kyuhyun, who sat right beside him. 

“Hyung, its only 9:30, relax a bit,” Kyuhyun muttered, becoming increasingly more annoyed with Leeteuk’s fidgeting.

Not that he would ever tell the leader that.

“I’m just worried...”Leeteuk trailed off, sending another weary glance at the clock that hung in the corner of the room.

“Henry’s not a child Hyung,” Kyuhyun replied, shaking his head. “He is 100% capable of taking care of himself.”

“But-“ Leeteuk was about to protest, only to have Kyuhyun quickly cut him off.

“Hyung!” He rolled his eyes at the way Leeteuk was acting; it was as if it was Henry’s first time going somewhere by himself.

“Fine, I’ll relax,” Kyuhyun let out a sigh of relief at those words. “-But if he’s not back by 10...”

“Yes, yes, I know, ‘you’ll march right out those doors and won’t return till you’re dragging him back in by the ear’.” Kyuhyun muttered under his breath.

Eunhyuk, who was sitting on the ground in front of the two, burst out laughing as he clearly imagined Leeteuk doing that.

Leeteuk shot Kyuhyun another glare, before finally listening to the Maknae’s words and relaxing a bit. Maybe Kyuhyun was right and he just needed to have a bit more faith in s.

Despite this, Leeteuk still couldn’t shake off the sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach.

...

 December 5’Th, 10:45 pm

 

Drip

Drop

Drip

Drop

Urgh, where’s that sound coming from?

Drip

Drop

I swear, if Kyuhyun left the shower on again, just to annoy me....

Drip

Drop

Henry let out an irritated sigh and was about to get up to stop the maddening sound of dropping water, when he realized he couldn’t move.  His eye’s shot open, but he instantly shut them again as a jolting pain erupted in his skull.

, why does my head hurt so much?

He waited for the pain to fade before he once again opened his eyes, making sure to allow his eyes some time to adjust to the darkness that surrounded him.  Instantly thousands of questions swarmed his head.

Where am I?

Why am I tied up?

What happened?

Why is it so cold?

The last question caused him to look down at his bare arms. He was no longer wearing his red jacket and instead was left in only a thin white t-shirt and his sweatpants.

As the minutes ticked on and there was no sign of anyone coming to rescue him, he began to formulate a plan of action.

First things first, he tried to remember the events leading up to him being knocked unconscious. He was pretty sure he had been shopping for Christmas presents for his Hyungs, then he had met _______ .

.....................................Huh?

Why couldn’t he remember who he had met? It had only happened a couple hours ago, yet the person’s face seemed blurred and distorted.  He felt a shiver run down his spine as a cold breeze blew through the blackened room, but he willed himself to continue.

He had been offered a ride back to his dorms. Then....then..... Oh yeah! Then he had fallen asleep, and when he had woken up they were just outside of the city. He remembered pulling into a parking lot next to an abandoned warehouse before he had been knocked unconscious.

Despite his eyes having adjusted to the minimal amount of light in the room, he really couldn’t make out anything other than a steal locker in the corner of the otherwise barren room. There were no windows and in the darkness, he couldn’t make out where the door was.  

Only one thought flew through his head.

He needed to get out of there,  wherever there was and he needed to find a way out quickly, before whoever had tied him up returned. 

Slowly he inched himself to his feet, using the wall to support him. He fought off the wave of nausea and dizziness that flowed through him and forced himself to stay standing. Letting his hands travel along the concrete wall, he smirked in triumph as they passed over something cold and metallic.

The door! He smirked and would have shouted, if he hadn’t remembered at the last moment just where exactly he was. It would not be a good idea to alert his captor(s) that he was awake.

Who knows what they were already planning to do to him?

With careful movements he began to shift the rope wrapped around his wrist. Obviously whoever had tied him up wasn't very skilled, because within seconds Henry had managed to slip one hand out of the bonds, the rope instantly falling to the ground.

He was broken out of his thoughts as the soft sounds of footsteps echoed outside the door, gradually getting closer.

Henry instantly froze as he listened to the steady sound of the footsteps.

A second later the footsteps halted and without warning the door to the room was wrenched open.

To Be Continued

 

 

 

 

 

A/N

So how was it? Please give me your thoughts and opinions.