I Don't Want to Die

The Lovely Bones of Henry Lau

Previously

 “You have my number in case anything happens, right?”

“Hyung, I’m not a child,”

...

Without warning, the car pulled into an abandoned parking lot and Henry was lurched forward as the breaks were slammed down upon.

...

 “Hyung, its only 9:30, relax a bit,” Kyuhyun muttered.

...

Henry stiffened as he listened to the steady sound of approaching footsteps.

A second later the footsteps halted and without warning the door to the room was wrenched open.

 

Currently

 

December 5’Th, 10:55 pm

The minute the door was wrenched open, Henry lunged forward, his fight or flight instincts kicking in. He charged right at the person’s chest, knocking them against the wall with all his force. He heard a crack, and judging from how the person lurched forward soon afterwards, it was probably the sound of the person’s head connecting with the cement wall behind him. Something dropped to the floor, and Henry froze, staring at his phone with wide eyes.

He didn’t waste any time getting out of there.

Within seconds he was sprinting down the maze of hallways, phone clenched tightly in his hands.

He had no other thought on his mind other than getting out of there as quickly as possible.

However, it seemed luck was not on his side. The maze of hallways seemed never ending. The farther he ran, the more lost he got. Soon, a loud shout could be heard, calling his name, taunting him. He only ran faster.

He came to the end of the hallway and wrenched open the door, only to be faced with a winding staircase. Without any second thoughts, he turned and began sprinting down the stairs. His heart pounded in his chest and his breath came in painful gasps. His legs felt like they were on fire, but he didn’t stop.

Eventually he came to a large open area in what looked like the main floor of a warehouse. He sprinted to the door and his hands instantly latched onto the handle.

Hope plummeted as the door refused to open.

He was trapped.

“Henry~”

The voice sounded far-off, but it gradually got closer.

This couldn’t be happening.

Why was this happening?

He turned and bolted down a hallway, before sharply turning to one of the doors.

Time seemed to freeze as the door opened with a soft click. He wasted no time, lunging inside and shutting the door, before taking refuge behind some boxes.

His phone was still clenched in his hands. He opened it immediately, dialing Leeteuk’s number within seconds.

Ring~Ring~Ring~

Leeteuk picked up on the third ring.

“Yes, Leeteuk speaking,”

Henry froze, and he felt tears gathering in his eyes at his Hyung’s voice.

“Hyung?” Henry whispered.

Henry? Where the hell have you been? Do you know how worried I’ve been?!” Leeteuk’s shrill voice sounded on the other line.

This time Henry couldn’t stop the tears that spilled over his eyes. He would give anything at the moment to be back at his dorms, with Leeteuk yelling at him. After Leeteuk yelled at him, Ryeowook would cook him something to eat, Eunhyuk and Donghae would try to cheer him up by making him laugh, Heechul and Kangin would tell him how it was his own fault he got yelled at, Sungmin would just smile at him, Siwon would thank God for his safe return, and Yesung would be doing who knows what. After they all settled down, everyone would gather in the living room and watch some TV before going to bed.

“Henry?......Are you crying?”

Henry could easily hear the worry in his leader’s voice, but he could not stop the sobs that escaped his lips.

“Hyung, I’m scared.” He murmured in-between sobs.

“What are you talking about? Where are you?”

Henry just shook his head. He had no idea where he was. “I don’t know,” He explained. “Hyung, its cold,”

Henry hadn’t realised how cold he was until just a second ago. The warehouse air felt like ice against his skin.

“Henry~”  Henry jumped at the sound of his name being called. “Come out come out wherever you are!”

He froze and his breath caught in his throat. “Hyung, he’s coming!” Henry whispered into the phone.

“Who’s coming? Henry!?”

“I don’t know Hyung!” Henry cried, his sobs starting up again. “I don’t want to die!”

“Henry! You need to tell me where you are! Who’s after you?”

The door to the room opened and light streamed across the floor. Henry flinched behind boxes as the footsteps neared his hiding spot.

“Henry? What’s going on!”

Henry felt his phone drop out of his hand as the person suddenly appeared around the corner.

“Ahh...found you~” A sick twisted smiled crossed over the man’s face and Henry backed against the wall, phone forgotten.

“Get away from me!” He shouted, raising his hands up in front of him.

“You’ve been a bad boy,” The man chided, walking forward. It was only then that Henry noticed the knife in the man’s hand.

No.

This wasn’t happening.

This wasn’t happening.

This couldn’t be happening.

“Stop!” He shouted as the man grabbed his wrists with one hand, easily holding them above his head. Sobs escaped him as tears streamed down his face. “Please.....” He begged.

He didn’t want to die.

A scream pierced his lips as the knife was plunged into his stomach. He could vaguely hear Leeteuk shouting from the phone that lay abandoned on the floor.

“Please..” He repeated, but the man ignored him and continuously plunged the knife deeper into his abdomen.  Screams ripped through his throat, as he pleaded with the man to stop, but no such relief came.

It felt like hours before the man let him drop to the ground.

He collapsed, his body too numb to support his weight. His vision was blurry and his head swam. Un-wielding pain radiated from his stomach, but he couldn’t bring himself to move. He knew he was dying.

Henry could feel the world around him slipping, but he held onto it. He let out a forced breath. It was getting harder and harder to breathe. He knew he didn't have long. It was getting harder and harder to keep his eyes open. 'So this is how it ends?’ Henry thought as a small tear streaked down his  face.

It hurt to breath, it hurt to stay awake. If God was going to kill him, couldn't he make it quick? Henry slowly felt his vision and the world around him fade.

Henry’s face was pale and his breaths came in soft, short gasps. His eye’s scrunched up as another bolt of pain flared through his chest. He knew it was only a matter of time before he died.

His last thoughts were of how his Hyungs would take the news. He hoped they wouldn't cry. For a second he thought he could faintly hear Leeteuk’s voice, but dismissed it as his imagination. The traces of a smile were visible on his face. The last thing he saw were the cold, emotionless ice blue eyes of his killer before the world around him faded to black.

...

Call Ended 11:01 pm

...